Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

He wouldn't leave Oscar behind, he is always on Twitter with him having fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Also, Sky Sources arent exactly the best sources around for transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Also, Sky Sources arent exactly the best sources around for transfers.

BBC are reporting it now. I can see Barca appealing to Luiz. :( Hopefully he stays though, he does seem happy in London.

He will stay, he has no reason to move really, the chance to work under Jose and win titles should be appeal enough for him to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Barca apparently have been in for just about every CB in Europe over the close season and have failed miserably to land any. Jose has come out publicly and said he see's Luiz (& Mata) as important parts of his team - why would he not they are among the best in the world in their positions.

I really cannot see what is in this for Chelsea, it's not as if we need the money and Sideshow signed a new 5 year contract last September so we are not under any pressure to let him go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I don't think Luiz wants to go to Barca He seems to be very happy here, if he did try to force a move with 4 or so years left on his contract I'd let him rot in the reserves! It absolutely sickens me how Barca go about there business, make a low offer unsettle the player and let them force the issue, as Fergie once said about Madrid "I wouldn't sell them a virus"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

I think that TSO could be a deciding factor in holding on to Luiz (and Mata, but I think it's highly unlikely he's going anywhere).

Even for just a season to see how it all plays out, players have the opportunity to play - and learn - under perhaps the most exceptional manager of his generation. I genuinely think that's a powerful draw. It may even be decisive in Rooney's thinking - does he want to play for Mourinho or Moyes?

Add onto this the very promising early signs for young players and new signings - Van Ginkel, Schürrle, Lukaku etc. and you have the promise of what could be a very, ahem, special team over the next 5 years.

It could end up with us falling short (that's a hell of a squad Man City has), but I don't think we should underestimate the strength of the potential of the current crop of players and the opportunity to be part of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I think transferring Luiz out would be as popular move as hiring Rafa

duploelabs wrote: »
    I think transferring Luiz out would be as popular move as hiring Rafa

If he wants to go not much the club could do really though Chelsea do seem to play hardball with renegades. But there has been no official confirmation from anyone a bid was made or received Sideshow has not announced a desire to move and TSHO has said as recently as yesterday he is going nowhere.

At the moment this seems to be either hot air or more under hand Barca transfer dealings.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Should be an intriguing game tonight. Anyone going to watch it? Think I will need a few hours kip first. 1.45 KO

• Advertisement

Didn't realise it was on so late! Will probably record it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Might get a bit of sleep and set the alarm,interesting game.

Anyone looking to go to the Hull game there are a few more tickets going on sale in the morning to members.
    EXTRA TICKETS ON SALE FOR HULL OPENER
    Posted on: Wed 07 Aug 2013

We have had some tickets returned for our Barclays Premier League game against Hull City on Sunday 18 August.

Tickets for the match, which takes place at Stamford Bridge, kick-off 4pm, will be sold as follows:

Thursday 8 August until Sunday 11 August: members can purchase one ticket ONLINE ONLY.

Monday 12 August: season ticket holders and members can purchase an extra two tickets per person (maximum three in total) ONLINE ONLY.

Tuesday 13 August: tickets will go on general sale (maximum four tickets per person) ONLINE ONLY.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Chelsea tell Barca "No" to Luiz bid and don't bother with another offer.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2386534/Chelsea-reject-34-5m-bid-David-Luiz-Barcelona.html
    Hardball or genuine?

Genuine!:D

@CarloFan: CONFIRMED Chelsea XI vs Real Madrid: Cech, Iva, Cahill, Terry, Cole, van Ginkel, Lampard, Ramires, Oscar, Hazard, Lukaku. #CFC

4-3-3 apparently

Yup, 4-3-3 formation against Real.

Cech

Ivanovic--Cahill--Terry--Cole

Ramires--van Ginkel--Lampard

Oscar--Lukaku--Hazard

Bench: Schwarzer, Essien, Torres, Moses, Schurrle, de Bruyne, Ba, Azpilicueta, Bertrand.

Weak side out from Madrid I see......:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

My god the boys in the States think this game is huge haha

1-0 Marcelo. All Madrid so far.

1-1 Ramires, lovely chip.

• Advertisement

Ramires with the composure of a seasoned assassin.

1-1 Ramires, lovely chip.

Brilliant goal :)

great finish

CR7 with a screamer freekick, Cech got fingertips to it.

Unreal freekick, cant complain though, deserved lead, Real dominating all game so far

Chelsea looking a bit toothless up front, to be blunt.

never look to be in control of this game but I never seen anything like Ronaldo's free kick.

They're going to need a bit more guile in the 2nd half to get a goal against the likes of RM; Schurrle and KdB could make a big difference if they came on. I'd throw on Nando as well. I believe Jose's plan is to give most everyone a run out, but I can't see the likes of Ba having anything to offer the game.

Its a good workout vrs a good side, thats the main thing really

• Advertisement

3-1 good goal Ronaldo...

His celebrations are extremely cringeworthy though...

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Where were the security.. :eek:

ix4PpHLPowaDO.gif

Bloomberg's prediction of next season's finishing table
    ZCjcUBL.jpg

Anyone watch the game?

Good run out for the team ahead of the season, only Roma left to play before we start the season, would have been nice to win but its all about 10 days time against Hull really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Anyone watch the game?

Good run out for the team ahead of the season, only Roma left to play before we start the season, would have been nice to win but its all about 10 days time against Hull really.

well beaten but there seemed to be a different approach by both teams, madrid treated it very seriously , first 11 was very strong and pressured and worked hard from the first whistle .
    we tried 4-3-3 and played ok but treated very much like a pre-season . a very useful workout

• Advertisement

One thing that I thought is Cahill is only a back up not good enough against good teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭chelseaaremagic

Amazing that it was both luiz and mata missing

One thing that I thought is Cahill is only a back up not good enough against good teams.

Agreed, I reckon him, Ivanovic and JT are all at similar levels at the moment though.
    Amazing that it was both luis and mata missing

Wouldnt read much into it really. Luiz was confirmed out the other day and we rejected a bid for him, Mata will be wrapped in cotton wool until the EPL starts I reckon.

Amazing that it was both luis and mata missing

both were injured and jose said after the game that they might not be right to play against roma

peteeeed wrote: »
    both were injured and jose said after the game that they might not be right to play against roma

Hopefully Mata isnt brought by Spain to Ecuador, that would be a bonus for us, give him more rest ahead of the season opener.

• Advertisement

Hopefully Mata isnt brought by Spain to Ecuador, that would be a bonus for us, give him more rest ahead of the season opener.

the internationals next week are ridiculous

the internationals next week are ridiculous

Especially the Spanish one in Ecuador, what was wrong with a European friendly.

Being very selfish for our Spanish trio but they probably will be involved with the squad and wont make the Hull game.

Only tickets in the general sale for the Villa game is the West stand upper at an eye watering 75stg.

according to the daily mail. rooney is training with the reserves today

according to the daily mail. rooney is training with the reserves today

Hasnt Suarez suffered the same faith at the 'Pool?

Training with the kids I think anyway.

Seen as Anzhi are in meltdown would a dog cheap Eto'o be worth a punt. He is no spring chicken but still a quality striker could get two good years out of him.

Seen as Anzhi are in meltdown would a dog cheap Eto'o be worth a punt. He is no spring chicken but still a quality striker could get two good years out of him.

Rooney is 28 in Oct/Nov I think Eto'o is 33 sometime next year, Feb maybe.

With Eto'os wages being out of this world I'd rather take Rooney, hes a better footballer then Eto'o, IMO and will if signed have a greater impact in 5 years time then an Eto'o would have, again IMO.

isn't he on €500000000000000 a minute ?

Eto'o is on something like £350,000 a week or something like it. Makes Rooneys wages seem small!

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 2h

David Luiz will soon, possibly on Monday, meet with Chelsea to explain his wish to join Barcelona. Barcelona made a first bid of 20+5M. [md]

Hope its not true.

Johner wrote: »
    Eto'o is on something like £350,000 a week or something like it. Makes Rooneys wages seem small!

Hope its not true.

That Luiz rumour is pure muck IMO and the figure is even worse.

Nearly everywhere has the figure at 35 so 25 makes no sense what so ever considering hsi new contract and how well hes done in the last 2 1/2 years with us and Brazil.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement