Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

No he is paid a paltry ST£34.72 a minute apparently, wouldn't get out of bed for it myself :pac:

He was 32 last March pick him up for next door to nothing, at his age he will not get a contract anywhere near that and an average of more than a goal every other game is non too shabby. Very short term but if we don't get Rooney and TSHO feels we need another striker he could actually be a cheapish option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

No he is paid a paltry ST£34.72 a minute apparently, wouldn't get out of bed for it myself :pac:

He was 32 last March pick him up for next door to nothing, at his age he will not get a contract anywhere near that and an average of more than a goal every other game is non too shabby. Very short term but if we don't get Rooney and TSHO feels we need another striker he could actually be a cheapish option.

I dont think he'd be cheap though, honestly if we dont get Rooney I reeckon we'll plow on regardless and try our current 3 out and see what we get from them.

If Rooney doesnt come then next year will be a huge year for our CF's as someone will need to be added to the squad at that stage with Torres and Ba both pushing on.

I just hope Lukaku can get into the Drogba mentality and bully players when he get his chance, his game is much more then physical and size imposing though so it maybe hard for him to adapt it if Jose wnats to use him in that mould.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    That Luiz rumour is pure muck IMO and the figure is even worse.

Nearly everywhere has the figure at 35 so 25 makes no sense what so ever considering hsi new contract and how well hes done in the last 2 1/2 years with us and Brazil.

There was an interesting piece in Sport Witness I think it was were they speculated that Barca know it would cost around ST£45m to sign Luiz and have nowhere near that amount to spend a CB. They know they will not get him but have to make signs that they are form a PR point of view. And don't forget the Barca propaganda paper Mundo whatever actually reported the initial bid at between €20 & €25m which is actually insulting.

There was an interesting piece in Sport Witness I think it was were they speculated that Barca know it would cost around ST£45m to sign Luiz and have nowhere near that amount to spend a CB. They know they will not get him but have to make signs that they are form a PR point of view. And don't forget the Barca propaganda paper Mundo whatever actually reported the initial bid at between €20 & €25m which is actually insulting.

So like Utd and Cesc really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

No way we could be thinking of letting Luiz and Mata go, last season's best players for Chelsea..

No way we could be thinking of letting Luiz and Mata go, last season's best players for Chelsea..

50 million for Mata and 45 for Luiz and maybe.

Until Mata signs an extension these rumours wont go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

I wouldnt take that for them.. your then taking the risk that their replacements may not settle in as well or be as good as them.

Positive stuff from Jose on the abck of the lose against Real.

Jose Mourinho remained extremely positive after watching the Blues lose 3-1 against his former club Real Madrid in the Guinness International Champions Cup final in Miami.

Marcelo had broken the deadlock for the Spanish side - now under the stewardship of Carlo Ancelotti - but the Blues hit back within two minutes through Ramires, who finished brilliantly after racing clean through.

However, Madrid restored their advantage courtesy of a Cristiano Ronaldo free-kick just after the half-hour mark, and when the Portuguese doubled his tally with a second-half header, we were left with too much to do.
    Mourinho, though, was only concerned with the performance of his own team, and felt both Ronaldo goals could have been avoided.

'He's a great player and has scored goals all his life. When he scores it's not big news, when he doesn't it is, but we made two mistakes for both goals,' said the Chelsea manager.

'For the first, we gave away a free-kick in a position where he's happy to have it and then the second goal, I told the players with every cross he likes to try to get into space because he's good in the air.

'For me, it's perfect we made mistakes so that we have them to work on. As I said last week, we had five victories in pre-season and zero points. Now we have five victories and one defeat, we still have zero points, it's not a drama.

'They play in La Liga, we play in the Premier League, if we meet them in the Champions League and lose it's a different story but a summer tournament is a summer tournament.'

While the result itself was clearly a disappointment, the Blues boss felt there were plenty of positives to take from our participation in the tournament.

'For Marco van Ginkel to play against Real, even in a friendly, is a fantastic experience for him,' he explained.

'I came here to analyse my team, I'm so happy with the mistakes we made and I'm happy with the good things we did.

'We came to the US searching for good matches; we had Inter, AC, Real Madrid and Roma. We had the matches we wanted so much and needed so much.'

He went on to explain the reasons for both David Luiz and Juan Mata missing the game.
    'I don't know if David Luiz and Mata will be back for Roma, they have some small problems, Mata a new one and David Luiz a problem he had in the past, a muscular injury he had before the Champions League final,' said Mourinho.

'They are working with the physios in Washington instead of travelling here. We'll see if they can join the team and play a little against Roma.'

Hes happy with the mistakes we made for both Ronaldos goals as its something we can work on which is positive and also he sums it up, its only pre-season really and its a run out for the guys trying to get fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Sure Bale is worth up 105 million Stg's according to some.
    Making Mata worth about a gazillion million Stg's, and Luiz 70 million Stg's
    (by my calculations anyways, haha!)

• Advertisement

Well I've got my arm twisted anyway, first game of the season for me will be Aston Villa on the Wednesday night. :pac:

Only problem was it was about 50% cheaper to fly from Dublin then Cork, train and flights included so off early to Dublin that morning for our flight over.

Cant f**king wait now. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Piazon has been loaned to Vitesse. Would have liked to see him stay in England and loaned to Palace or a similar team.

4th player to Vitesse though so again worth watching their progress.

Johner wrote: »
    Piazon has been loaned to Vitesse. Would have liked to see him stay in England and loaned to Palace or a similar team.

4th player to Vitesse though so again worth watching their progress.

Who else has gone to Vitesse?

Did Wallace go there as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Who else has gone to Vitesse?

Did Wallace go there as well?

Gael Kakuta, Patrick van Aanholt, and Cristian Cuevas

I thought that link would be Sammy Eto'o actually before I opened it :pac:

• Advertisement

If Utd go for Fellaini and Baines then I can see Rooney being off loaded although this deal will stretch out until late in the window I reckon, maybe the last 2-3 days.

peteeeed wrote: »
    Gael Kakuta, Patrick van Aanholt, and Cristian Cuevas

Poor old Kakuta, will probably run his contract down before leaving, I thought PVA looked better then Bertrand when he played so surprised hes being laoned although Bertrand takes up a domestic player slot in the squad so hes needed.

Jose on Barcas bid for Luiz, makes for good reading, a good strong response.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/08/chelsea-manchester-united-wayne-rooney
    One player who will not be leaving is the Brazilian defender David Luiz. Chelsea instantly rejected Barcelona's £35m bid on Tuesday, with Mourinho leaving the La Liga champions in no doubt about what would happen if they try again.

"It's lost time for them. My advice to them is to go to the second player on their list because they are wasting their time," he said. "We don't want to lose our best players. No chance."

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3342358/title/new-deal-for-ake

Nathan Ake has signed a new 5 year deal with the club, great news.

Jaysus Gav, 75 Stg's for a midweek game against Villa.
    Is it me or does that sound rather steep?

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »
    Jaysus Gav, 75 Stg's for a midweek game against Villa.
    Is it me or does that sound rather steep?

Got sorted with the Corporate tickets for the game.

The guy that owns them, himself and his father arent going to the game so got them for 50Eruo each, very reasonable IMO.

I wouldnt pay 75stg for the West stand upperr to see Villa.

Got sorted with the Corporate tickets for the game.

The guy that owns them, himself and his father arent going to the game so got them for 50Eruo each, very reasonable IMO.

I wouldnt pay 75stg for the West stand upperr to see Villa.

Aww that's class man.
    I looked up the tickets myself for the same game, 75 quid I said "no way"

Panthro wrote: »
    Aww that's class man.
    I looked up the tickets myself for the same game, 75 quid I said "no way"

Ya we're going head straight to the ground from the airport anyway.

There was no way I was going to pay 75stg for them anyway I didnt want to see the game that badly TBH.

Its my first evening game in about 3/4 years as well, buddies 1st time to The Bridge, even though hes a Villa fan hes more excited about seeing how Chelsea play under Jose.

Should be an interesting game as its sandwiched either side of the season opener and Utd away so I'd expect some rotation although Villa did cause us problems last year so I'm hoping Jose doesnt change too much really and our recent record, apart from the 8-0 agaisnt Villa isnt the greatest.

Good news on Mata from the Spanish front

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2013/8/9/4604964/spain-vs-ecuador-squad-juan-mata?

Shame Dave is going but good that Mata is not

Tough enough draw for arsenal in the Champions League qualifier Fenerbahce glad we dodged that bullet.

Just noticed that Spurs have to travel to Tbilisi in the Thursday Cup that is terrible sad such a lot of travel for both sides so early in the season.

What will probably happen now that we know Torres and Mata arent involved is we cannearly predict a starting XI for hull if injuries permit.

I reckon Mata will start against Hull, rested against Villa, played against Utd.

Torres will be benched against Hull, start against Villa and benched for Utd.

Team against Hull.

Cech
    Ivan Luiz JT Cole
    Ramires MVG
    Mata Oscar Hazard
    Lukaku

Bench:
    Schwarzer
    Cahill
    Bertrand
    Lamps
    KDB
    Schurrle
    Torres

Tough enough draw for arsenal in the Champions League qualifier Fenerbahce glad we dodged that bullet.

Just noticed that Spurs have to travel to Tbilisi in the Thursday Cup that is terrible sad such a lot of travel for both sides so early in the season.

Celtic got a tough draw awy in Kazakhstan, about 4K miles away. :pac:

Not as bad as our Thursday cup exploits in Russia last year though. :mad:

What will probably happen now that we know Torres and Mata arent involved is we cannearly predict a starting XI for hull if injuries permit.

I reckon Mata will start against Hull, rested against Villa, played against Utd.

Torres will be benched against Hull, start against Villa and benched for Utd.

Team against Hull.

Cech
    Ivan Luiz JT Cole
    Ramires MVG
    Mata Oscar Hazard
    Lukaku

Bench:
    Schwarzer
    Cahill
    Bertrand
    Lamps
    KDB
    Schurrle
    Torres

i think after his pre-season form essien should make the bench . have been really impressed by him. i think van ginkel has shown he can play anywhere in the middle and likes a tackle or 2 . i think the first 11 that plays against roma could well be the first 11 to play hull , give or take the odd fitness doubt

I half forgot about Essien. :eek:

Of all the players on the bench the most likely he would replace is Lamps, who hasnt played or trained much onthe tour so its a possibilty.

Jose may even play Essien against Hull and keep MVG for Villa.

I half forgot about Essien. :eek:

Of all the players on the bench the most likely he would replace is Lamps, who hasnt played or trained much onthe tour so its a possibilty.

Jose may even play Essien against Hull and keep MVG for Villa.

essien/mvg with ramieres/lampard could be how it goes over the season , i think lampard could be used more in champions league

• Advertisement

Lamsp and or Essien will probably partner Ramires in the middle against the biggest teams and in the biggest games.

Like at Old Trafford I could see Jose going 4-3-3 with Essien holding the midfield and allowing Ramires and Lamps to get forward, Hazard and Mata either side of Lukaku.

I would be surprised if for the biggest games TSHO does not find room somewhere for Oscar he has already shown he has the skill and temperament for the biggest of games. Not afraid to put his foot in neither.

I would be surprised if for the biggest games TSHO does not find room somewhere for Oscar he has already shown he has the skill and temperament for the biggest of games. Not afraid to put his foot in neither.

If Jose goes 4-2-3-1 then he'll play but if he goes 4-3-3 he wont get into that team IMO.

Not when you need a DM and 2 CM's.

Oscar isnt as good as Mata or Hazard, nothing wrong with that they're just better out wide then him and hes not tried in CM so a trio of Ramires/Lamps/Essien would work better then throwing him in there. Lamps has a better scoring threat and Ramires drive and energy is unmatched just about anywhere and Essien is a better defensive option in DM then everybody bar maybe Luiz.

No doubting that at this moment Oscar is a better footballer then the 3 CM's I named but his lack of game time in CM means a 4-2-3-1 would suit him better, in that case play him behind a striker like he does for Brazil and it will be all good. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Team against Hull.

Cech
    Ivan Luiz JT Cole
    Ramires MVG
    Mata Oscar Hazard
    Lukaku

I predict that on more than one occasion this season I'll wonder have we signed a darts player

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Lamsp and or Essien will probably partner Ramires in the middle against the biggest teams and in the biggest games.

Like at Old Trafford I could see Jose going 4-3-3 with Essien holding the midfield and allowing Ramires and Lamps to get forward, Hazard and Mata either side of Lukaku.

I wouldn't be hugely surprised if Van Ginkel were to play the holding role in the big games if we go 4-3-3, I thought he acquitted himself very well against Real Madrid.

I feel with Lamps and Ess together we may not have enough legs, would worry coming up against the very best teams with them in place even with Lamps being spared. Still time will tell not long now thank God.

Good catch on the Villa tickets there Gav should be a blast that

I feel with Lamps and Ess together we may not have enough legs, would worry coming up against the very best teams with them in place even with Lamps being spared. Still time will tell not long now thank God.

Good catch on the Villa tickets there Gav should be a blast that

I've no doubt Oscar could play CM but he'd have to get the game time in games where the opposition wasnt as tough.

I'd say he'd flourish in a 3 man CM as he'd be the one pulling the creative strings and allowed get forward as much as possible but until hes tried there in games against lesser teams I cant see him being used there in the near future.

Oh I cant wait for it now, birthday that day and what a present 3 points and going to a game live will be, early morning booze on the train should be an interesting start to the morning.

Hopefully I'll bring back 3 points and we'll be top of the tabel with 6 points. :pac:

I wouldn't be hugely surprised if Van Ginkel were to play the holding role in the big games if we go 4-3-3, I thought he acquitted himself very well against Real Madrid.

He is a very natural talent, at his age his reading of the game is very good from the very little I've seen of him.

This squad is very good right now, if we can keep them all together then in 3 years time its going to be a scarily good squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

If Utd go for Fellaini and Baines then I can see Rooney being off loaded although this deal will stretch out until late in the window I reckon, maybe the last 2-3 days.

Pretty certain that the potential Fellaini/Baines deals will have no bearing on Rooney.

The only chance of Rooney going to Chelsea is if he does something to attempt to make his position at the club untenable. Although after watching what has happened to Suarez I think he'll think twice about that.

Either way it's unlikely he'll be allowed leave for Chelsea. Think Jose should take some if his own advice and stop wasting time with it.

• Advertisement

Blatter wrote: »
    Pretty certain that the potential Fellaini/Baines deals will have no bearing on Rooney.

The only chance of Rooney going to Chelsea is if he does something to attempt to make his position at the club untenable. Although after watching what has happened to Suarez I think he'll think twice about that.

Either way it's unlikely he'll be allowed leave for Chelsea. Think Jose should take some if his own advice and stop wasting time with it.

If we dont get him I'd be happy to go into the season with Lukaku as our number 1 and saving 30+ million.

It wont make or break our season but it sure would help to have a player of Rooneys calibfre through the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Sorry if its already been cleared up, but will Spain's stupid friendly in Ecuador mean mata and Torres won't be fit to play the opening game of the prem??

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Sorry if its already been cleared up, but will Spain's stupid friendly in Ecuador mean mata and Torres won't be fit to play the opening game of the prem??

They're not in the squad I don't think.

Only Azpilicueta is in the squad.

Chelsea U21's vs Spurs just starting.

Marin scored for Sevilla against United! Good lad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

This brought back some fun memories.

We really should be thankful for Roman despite his foibles with managers. With Cardiff being totally rebranded last year now the owners of Hull are at it

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/thetoepoke/id/4218?&cc=5739

At least RA has left well alone regarding our history (yes we have history) though there is a little too much blue in this seasons socks.

U21s lost 4-2 to Spurs last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Blatter wrote: »

... starting along the lines of something like this?: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2388440/Wayne-Rooney-uses-Facebook-publicly-snub-Manchester-United-boss-David-Moyes.html

Meanwhile MU insider Bryan Robson seems to think the net issue is not Rooney staying at Utd, but what the sale price should be: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10233377/Chelseas-25million-offer-for-Wayne-Rooney-is-an-insult-says-former-Manchester-United-captain-Bryan-Robson.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

McDave wrote: »

I love the way the daily mail is full of quality journalism and they show a screen grab of the direct quote they're referencing from Facebook and not just pictures of pretty girls... Oh no wait

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement