Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

What can you say Johner the man just loves scoring goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

His header against Bayern is one of my favourite Drogba goals of all time, the power he generates from it and the accuracy of the finish was brilliant, he was almost past the near post by the time he connected with it.

I remember Lampard saying he was glad Drogba got their ahead of him as if it was Frank, chances are it wouldnt have troubled Neuer.

Didier-Drogba-scores-in-t-010.jpg

What can you say Johner the man just loves scoring very important goals

Fixed that for ya.

He was out biggest game player in finals, he had a piss poo record against Utd, think the only goal he scored against them was the offside one that practically won us the league at Old Trafford under Carlo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Fixed that for ya.

He was out biggest game player in finals, he had a piss poo record against Utd, think the only goal he scored against them was the offside one that practically won us the league at Old Trafford under Carlo.

And this one to win us the cup! Unreal 1-2 with Lampard.

How did I forget that one. :o

A proper Chelsea legend is the Drog.

• Advertisement

Saw him score his 100th goal for Chelsea away at Wigan. Lost that game though! :( Also got to see him destroy West Brom with a hatrick. A pleasure watching the Drog live, what a legend.

I know Jose says hes the happy one and in nearly every games and trainign situation hes being joyful and smiling but when the season starts and it gets down to it I dont want a happy Jose on the touchline, I want the stern face Jose, pacing, prowling up and down the touch line.

I want to plenty of emotion and scenes like running down the OT touch line, ssssshhhhhing the Liverpool fans, the interview after the Everton game we lost 1-0 and he said we didnt lose as we had a perfectly good goal ruled out, scenes after UCL games on the pitch with the players and engaging with the fans and bring a resolute attitude to the team.

The Jose we have so far is an enigma, he looks very calm and relaxed but underneath it all lies a beast ready to burst out if needs be, I really cant wait for this Sunday as a good % of our squad havent worked with him so the prospect of palyign and impressing him is all down to the young guys in the squad.

Roll on Sunday.

Johner wrote: »
    Saw him score his 100th goal for Chelsea away at Wigan. Lost that game though! :( Also got to see him destroy West Brom with a hatrick. A pleasure watching the Drog live, what a legend.

On this note, I was there when he played his last game at the Bridge against Blackburn.

When he came on the sell out crowd were pleading him to stay, right up until the final whistle and throughout the parade after the final whistle, was very moving actually as he done what was to be his last lap of honour as a Chelsea player at The Bridge.

546039_3927253105486_1427377502_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Lucky enough to see him a few times, most notably the double against Hull including that cheeky chip that he definitely meant and the hattrick against West Brom. Best big game player ever.

Eto'o wants to work with Jose again he said.

Wages depending, I'd say no unless he wants to take a huge pay cut really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Eto'o wants to work with Jose again he said.

Wages depending, I'd say no unless he wants to take a huge pay cut really.

Samuel Eto'o has hinted he would be interested in moving to Chelsea to be reunited with former boss Jose Mourinho.

Chelsea manager Mourinho is reported to be weighing up a move for Eto'o as he looks to bring in a new striker, with the Cameroon ace thought to be available at Anzhi Makhachkala.

Russian side Anzhi are keen to offload a number of stars due to financial problems and Eto'o could be one of the players made available.

Eto'o, who played under Mourinho at Inter Milan, is a huge fan of the Portuguese and admits he would be interested in a move to work with him again.

"There is only one Jose Mourinho. I have played under a lot of great coaches - but there is no other character in the game like Jose," Eto'o is quoted as saying in the Daily Mirror.

"He is one of the best coaches in the world - and we had a lot of success together at Inter Milan. I would like to have the chance to play under him again - because it is never boring when Jose is around.

"Of course Chelsea are a great team - and when we have all the offers on the table then I will discuss with my agent and see what my next step is."

Rooney or Eto'o?

Eto'os transfer would cost less but hes 4 years older then Rooney and would only be a stop gap for 2 seasons or such.

There is nothing as such wrong with an experienced stop gap. Rooney will be on at least ST£200k per week one would imagine and cost North of ST£30m so an outlay of ST£50m over 2 years or ST£70m over 4 years thats a lot of dosh.

Even if we have to pay a similar weekly wage to Rooney (he will have to forget such dizzy heights of ST£350k per week if true those days are long since behind him and no one will be forking that out I think) we are looking at ST£25m over 2 years still a lot of money.

Let his & Anzhi lawyers worry about the wind down of his current contract offer him a max of ST£150k a week and see what happens, I don't see him being offered any more than that anywhere and at that rate costs us (if the ST£5m transfer fee is correct and for a 32 year old it should be) ST£20.6m over 2 years well worth a punt I think.

Either that or break the bank and have a really serious run at Lewandowski, his heart may be set on Bayern but would be good to test his resolve.

I reckon half the reason nobody has actually come in for Lewandoski is that he is going to Bayern and there is nothing anyone, even Dortmund, can do about it.

Theyve no chance at the league this year but selling Gotze and Lewandoski in the same window would lead to huge uproar among the fans.

True enough I think Gav but would be interesting to test his resolve.

I actually think Dortmund fans would prefer to see him travel abroad now for a large wad of cash than head to Munich in June for nowt.

Wallace undergoing a medical with Inter this morning before signing his one-year loan agreement

peteeeed wrote: »
    Wallace undergoing a medical with Inter this morning before signing his one-year loan agreement

Shame there appears to be work permit issues there at the moment I think he could have played a decent few games for us this season. Would imagine that is the view at the Bridge as well to be loaning him to such a high profile club.

Shame there appears to be work permit issues there at the moment I think he could have played a decent few games for us this season. Would imagine that is the view at the Bridge as well to be loaning him to such a high profile club.

looks a really good player , a season there will be great if he gets regular football

On Lewandoski, I'd agree with ya Grumpy, much in the same way Liverpool would rather sell Suarez abroad then to Arsenal although Dortmund dont have as much choice as Liverpool considering he'll be free to talk to teams in a few months and be off free then at the end of the season.

On Wallace, thats a great move for the lad and shows the kind of promise and talent and regard he is held in, I'm hoping he gets games at Inter and can come back next year and push Azp for a starting spot.

He looked impressive during the pre-season cameos and it was a shame we had to loan him out but if it improves him like some of the youngsters we loaned out last year, Lukaku, KDB, Courtois then we can rejoice.

Hoping Piazon benefits from his loan too.

• Advertisement

He is a future starter for Chelsea anyway, he looked good at times for Watford last year so another season of 30 + games will do him wonders hopefully.

Chelsea Football Club
    On this day in 2010, we signed Ramires from Benfica.

What has been your favourite goal scored by the Brazilian?

Stupid question. :pac: although loved the one against City as well.

Love Ramires, he gives such energy and drive to the team. Might not be the best passer in the world but he makes up for it in other areas.

He is a future starter for Chelsea anyway, he looked good at times for Watford last year so another season of 30 + games will do him wonders hopefully.

Chalobah is scarily good, as you say would love a season of 30+ games in the Premier League for him now. Palace would be perfect.

Has to be the Barca goal, Lamps robs Messi, plays a through ball to Ramires who is now operating at RB with Bosingwa at CB, he goes on to chip Valdes from the edge of the box and brings us back into the lead with an away goal prior to half time.

Gives it all for the cause and is a typical Jose player, everything left out there, his overall play has improved but his energy and drive is unmatched in our squad and in many others around Europe, coupled with a very good turn of pace and a direct snese of attack. the guy is hard to stop fairly when he gets going.

I never ever ever ever ever get sick of the Barca goal, seeing it was one thing having the skill & balls to carry it out is another

Loves an aul chip does Ramires. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

That goal against Barca meant so much on so many levels.
    If Chelsea had gone in at the break 2-0 down and a player sent off, I think that would have been the end of the road for Chelsea in the CL.
    But that goal put Chelsea right back in the game, both physically and mentally. And that's not even mentioning how beautiful the goal itself was. That was one of the deftest chips you will ever see in football, any striker would have been proud of it. (I'm near certain he scored something similar in a pre-season game?)
    Ramirez for me is an engine in midfield. His energy and stamina levels are quite honestly unbelievable at times.
    He's been a welcome addition to the Chelsea squad in my opinion.

Edit: Think Johner's video was the pre season goal I was referring to

Ya he chipped Casillas against Real didnt he?

Agreed with ya Panthro, the guy is nearly a nialed on starter for us, it was a shame seeing him playing wide right last year as hes not as effective out there.

At times he can be very frustarting as his football and tackling can leave him down but when hes on it hes a very important player for us and one I reckon Jose will get even more out of if he partners him with the right CM partner.

At times Ram can be a bit of an enigma wrapped in a riddle surrounded by a mystery. Would agree his best position is not out wide he has too much energy to be wasted out there. But he has done some spectacular work there he was as been stated playing RB and pushing up when he scored against Barca and was also out wide (left this time I think) when he popped in the cross for Drogger to score the first at home to Napoli when we were really struggling. And of course from out wide laid on the ball for Drogger in the home semi against Barca.

That being said he should be central he has to much to offer there, he can and does go missing out wide.

• Advertisement

5 days until kick off, hurry up ta f**k.

:D

Spanish Media reporting that Luiz has told Jose he wants a move to Barca.
    That's according to the Daily Mail.
    Quick scan through the article and I can't see any quotes, so I shall mark it under B.S. until something a little more concrete comes up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

It's mentioned in the Mail article and repeated elsewhere that Chelsea have not said an unequivocal no to selling Luiz, but have told Barca that it's a minimum of £43m for him.

I suppose that way they can say to Luiz that they are not standing in the way of him to going to Barca - should that be what he wants - while at the same time giving Barca a huge nudge in the direction of picking up Agger for half the price.

Duck Soup wrote: »
    It's mentioned in the Mail article and repeated elsewhere that Chelsea have not said an unequivocal no to selling Luiz, but have told Barca that it's a minimum of £43m for him.

I suppose that way they can say to Luiz that they are not standing in the way of him to going to Barca - should that be what he wants - while at the same time giving Barca a huge nudge in the direction of picking up Agger for half the price.

The club and Jose would be idiots to sell Luiz and especially this late in the window.

We'd almost certainly not get in a replacement of his quality for even half that money.

I cant see Luiz coming out and pulling a Suarez but as long as he doesnt I'd refuse any offer for him, Barca are really struggling to find a decent CB that teams are willing to let go and we should do the same, give them a Daniel Levy type figure and see what they want to do with it.

Everything I have seen on the Luiz to Barca move is attributed to the Barca propaganda rag that is Mundo Deportivo . There has been no quotes by anyone else anywhere all referring back to the Spanish newspaper (is that not a contradiction in terms newspaper and Mundo Deportivo?).

Luiz was quoted this week as saying he is on international duty so will only talk of Brazil and earlier in the summer that he is happy at Chelsea and does not want to move. TSHO has told Barca to move on to target #2 as Luiz is not going anywhere. And even Alves has the sense to admit whilst he would love Luiz to be playing with them he cannot see TSHO letting him go, more so to Barca.

He might go I have no issue with it so long as he costs them at least ST£45m and we have as good a CB lined up to come in, thing is good CB's are thin on the ground.

The sooner the season starts and the transfer window closes the better it seems to be plummeting to record depths this year, I can only assume that this sports direct reporter is a ManU fan and a little removed from reality.

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league/30029-mufc-transfer-news-moyes-could-ask-for-lukaku.php

• Advertisement

I think Barca will be down to number 3 or 4 on their list before they actaully get someone in.

On Lukaku, there is no way he'll be swapped at all. Some articles are just plain trash.

Absolutely no way would/should anyoen be OK with Lukaku to United in part exchange for Rooney.
    That would be absurd.
    WITHDRAW!:pac:

Panthro wrote: »
    Absolutely no way would/should anyoen be OK with Lukaku to United in part exchange for Rooney.
    That would be absurd.
    WITHDRAW!:pac:

It was nearly as good as some people putting Mata in their Utd XI's for 2013/14 when the Rooney offer broke and it was reported Luiz or Mata was offered as part exchange.

Had to LOL at that really.

21 so far in our Chelsea Supporters league, pass on the code to one and all fellow Blues.

376536-97343

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

21 so far in our Chelsea Supporters league, pass on the code to one and all fellow Blues.

376536-97343

How and where do you join ?

Doh ! Forget that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

And Utd won't sell Rooney to Chelsea at any price: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/13/wayne-rooney-not-for-sale-chelsea
    Manchester United have taken the top-level decision that Wayne Rooney will not be sold to Chelsea no matter how much money is offered or whatever the potential risks of keeping an unhappy player. Their stance is irreversible and will represent a significant setback for José Mourinho, who had been under the impression a deal to take him to Stamford Bridge was only a matter of time.

As long as RVP is scoring, Rooney is going to fester on the sidelines. It's a negative, protective move on United's part, although naturally they are well within their rights. If it demonstrates anything, it is their fear of CFC this season.

From Mourinho's POV, it looks like he'll indeed have to go for someone like Etoo. He can't be left swinging in the wind over Rooney. And we definitely need more firepower up front. So it looks like a stopgap, while Lukaku develops further and another longer-term candidate is acquired probably next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

McDave wrote: »

Makes sense, they'd be insane to let us buy him unless they brought in another world class forward which looks very very unlikely.

Any news on Chalobah's injury , heard he was carried off on a stretcher for England u-21's

Or perhaps put another way Luiz does not actually want to play for us, Chelsea certainly don't want to sell to us and we simply cannot afford to pay what he is obviously worth.

Nathaniel Chalobah ‏@chalobah

Thanks for all the messages.not as serious as we thought but I'm okay thank God.appreciate all the messages. #thankYou #onelove4thefans

Not as serious as it looked!

Keeping Luiz and Chalobah isnt too badly injured, I'll take that.

it was a wreckless incident by your man Watt but if hes not seriously injured then its something we can be thakful for, huge future ahead for young Chalobah.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

As long as RVP is scoring, Rooney is going to fester on the sidelines. It's a negative, protective move on United's part, although naturally they are well within their rights. If it demonstrates anything, it is their fear of CFC this season.

From Mourinho's POV, it looks like he'll indeed have to go for someone like Etoo. He can't be left swinging in the wind over Rooney. And we definitely need more firepower up front. So it looks like a stopgap, while Lukaku develops further and another longer-term candidate is acquired probably next season.

lol, if anything it shows club is not bending over to the player power.

So Chelsea are scared of Barca and that's the reason they didn't sell Luiz to them?

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    lol, if anything it shows club is not bending over to the player power.

So Chelsea are scared of Barca and that's the reason they didn't sell Luiz to them?

Is that not a good a reason as any? We'd be strengthening Barca who are a European power and a team you have every chance of running into if you want to win the UCL.

One of the main reasons we didnt sell though is we dont have to and the player hasnt come out and said its his dream to play for Barca and looked for a move, not everybody wants to play for the mighty Barca.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement