Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

peteeeed wrote: »
    a couple of papers reporting chelsea have put a deadline of aug 26th to sign rooney to themselves a chance of getting someone else before the transfer deadline

Same day we play them - coincidence - I think not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Techless wrote: »
    Same day we play them - coincidence - I think not

I think its all bull and just a rag story IMO.

Utd do not want to sell, no matter what stance Rooney takes.

Even if Rooney does hand in a transfer request its going to take a 35-40 million bid to even peak Utds interest and at that, its not like they need the cash and with them struggling to find a real star its nearly better they hold on to Rooney then selling him for any price to us of all clubs.

I'd love to get Rooney but I dont think Utd will sell him after whats come out from the club, its going to take Rooney handing in a transfer request and coming out publicly stating he wants to leave and then it might chnage the situtation but as it stands Id fully expect him to be a Utd player when the window closes after midnight 2nd Sept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

GavRedKing wrote: »
    That was for the friendly just gone in Ecuador on wednesday night, whcih means he should miss the Hull game.

Spains next game is against Finland on the same day we play Sweden, 6th September.

Ooops, just realised ye were on about the team line up for the Villa game. Didn't read that correctly!
    So Dave didn't play the friendly? Could be available for Hull game so.

Come on the new season!

Panthro wrote: »
    Ooops, just realised ye were on about the team line up for the Villa game. Didn't read that correctly!
    So Dave didn't play the friendly? Could be available for Hull game so.

Come on the new season!

He should be back training today, Stevie Holland said it would be 2 light sessions and getting prepared for Hull, fine tuning a few things, I'd be surprised if he wasnt considered for the Hull game but if Ivans fit and ready it should be no panic and we've Kalas whos played at RB before.

On the subject of RB/CB's anyone got any info on Sam Hutchinson for this season, is he off on loan, released or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Which Chelsea defender would be the best to pick for fantasy football?

I was thinking between Ivanovic and Luiz, leaning towards Luiz but is he a guaranteed starter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just tinkering with my fantasy football team. Do you lads reckon Schurrle will start this weekend?

Irish94 wrote: »
    Which Chelsea defender would be the best to pick for fantasy football?

I was thinking between Ivanovic and Luiz, leaning towards Luiz but is he a guaranteed starter?

I reckon both will start and Ivanovic is a goo dman to get a few goals a season but Luiz and Mata will be alternating free kicks and Luiz chips in with goals too so I'd go with whoever is cheper, if they're the same price I'd go with Luiz.

Ivanovic is likely to start at RB this weekend.
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Just tinkering with my fantasy football team. Do you lads reckon Schurrle will start this weekend?

I dont think so, I reckon it will be Mata Oscar Hazard and De Bruyne, Moses and Schurrle will be all fightin to get on at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

loving the quotes coming from jose's press conference

'I am better than ever. I want to give everything for this club.'

Mourinho on Eto'o: 'I'm happy a player who worked with me before says he wants to join me again, especially one like Samuel
    .but we are trying to get one player and we will see what happens.'

http://www.youtube.com/user/chelseafc?feature=share&v=l4RliXEQP3A

loving the quotes coming from jose's press conference

'I am better than ever. I want to give everything for this club.'

Mourinho on Eto'o: 'I'm happy a player who worked with me before says he wants to join me again, especially one like Samuel
    .but we are trying to get one player and we will see what happens.'

http://www.youtube.com/user/chelseafc?feature=share&v=l4RliXEQP3A

Wonder what player he is on about. pac:

Couple of stats from the site.
    Jose Mourinho remains undefeated as Chelsea manager in the Premier League at Stamford Bridge.

Games: 60
    Won: 46
    Drawn: 14
    Lost: 0
    Goals for: 123
    Goals against: 28
    Points 152/180
    Win ratio: 77 per cent

Chelsea have won 12 and drawn three of our last 15 at the Bridge, since our last defeat to Swansea in the League Cup semi-final on 9 January.

Chelsea are unbeaten in the Premier League in 10 games, winning 20 points from the last 24.

Chelsea have lost just three of the last 73 games against newly promoted teams, in 12 and a half years. We have won 57 of those matches

• Advertisement

Jose today : http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3358575/title/mourinho-difficult-start

'I feel I have to work for my club, for Chelsea Football Club, but at the same time I'm working for English football and I want to give my best. I think now I'm better than ever because experience helps us to be better, especially managers.

'We are not like players, where sometimes it changes in a negative way. I just want to be seen as one more like anybody else, but somebody who wants to give everything for his club and for the Premier League.

'I look forward to the salt and pepper of football; I love football, and I love the salt and pepper of football, which is the unpredictability. It's the unpredictability of every game, the unpredictability of the result. Who is going to win? Who is going to qualify for the top four? Who is going to be relegated? I love that, so let's go for it full of joy from all sides, I hope every fan feels the same.

'Of course, I go to Stamford Bridge, I go to my people, but at the same time I want to say to everyone in this country who goes to football every weekend at every stadium, I want to say I am one of them, I'm not just a Blue, I'm one of them. I love this football country and I want to try to give joy to everybody.'

'I look to improve my players, and obviously give a contribution to my club for them to be better and better, not thinking in just a selfish way, because I never do that, but thinking long term,' he said. 'To give the club good conditions, not just for tomorrow, but especially with the kind of squad profile we have, for the long term.

'It's a squad I like, I'm not lying when I say that, and I'm not lying when I say that I'm very much enjoying working with these young people, some of whom it's their first time in the Premier League. I'm enjoying this process and formation of my team, with a different profile to the team I had in my previous years.'

'I'm just a Chelsea manager; every one of us is looking always to strengthen our squad,' he said. 'We all say no but we lie, because until the last day when the market is open we are all waiting for something to happen.

'Even when we say we are happy with our squad we lie because we always want to make it better, so we'll see what happens, not just with us but with Manchester United and everybody else as well.

'This club did fantastic work and put ourselves in a position where we have a fantastic balance, the club is in perfect conditions to say we don't want to sell this player or that player.

'David Luiz is one of the players in whom the club made a huge investment; he's not been here for seven, eight, nine or 10 years, he's only been here for a couple of years. He's a very young player; he's a player that signed a new contract last year, so when he signed that contract he was very happy to do it.

'We want to keep him, we understand that a big club like Barcelona wants the best and they are trying to buy one of the best central defenders in the world, but we are being very honest in saying there is no chance David Luiz is leaving.'

'We will train there tomorrow because I want some boys to adapt and to know where the dressing room is, where the dugout is, how to get to the pitch, where the tunnel is, because some of them have never been to Stamford Bridge,' he explained.
    'For me, I have big experience in many countries with many big clubs, but to be back there will be a special feeling. I had it when I played at Stamford Bridge with Inter, but now, I go to my dugout, to my stadium, to my people. I have to control myself because I will feel something different for sure, but after a couple of minutes I will need to be focused on the game.

'Before the match, the fans will focus on me and Roman; me because I'm back and Roman because he's celebrating 10 years at the club, and the club owe him so much. But after two minutes they have to forget us, focus on the team and support the players. Our fans are great in the sense of loyalty to the people who gave something to the club in the past, but I think they have to focus on the game, and in this competition try to make Stamford Bridgea tough place to play.'

'The start is difficult, I don't like to play against teams that come up from the lower division because they come with a fantastic mentality, they come as a team that, week after week have been winning matches, they come with a fantastic attitude,' he explained.

'It happened to me at Inter when we played against Bari; they came to the San Siro and drew 2-2, so these teams come with a great mentality and it's a difficult start. We have to play two days after against Aston Villa, after that we have to go to Old Trafford, so it's a very difficult start.'

I love this from him :
    'We all say no but we lie, because until the last day when the market is open we are all waiting for something to happen.

'Even when we say we are happy with our squad we lie because we always want to make it better, so we'll see what happens, not just with us but with Manchester United and everybody else as well.

he just inspires and fires people up , love the guy

Interesting that the Guardian have Mata and Luiz down as injury doubts for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

Can't wait for the match today to see how we line up! Have a FF related question, Hazard or Mata!? Going to take one out of my team so I can put luiz in defence. Also have lukaku up front but worried he won't start enough games, what do yous think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Can't wait for the match today to see how we line up! Have a FF related question, Hazard or Mata!? Going to take one out of my team so I can put luiz in defence. Also have lukaku up front but worried he won't start enough games, what do yous think?

I took Hazard, have a feeling Mata will be played on the wing and that Hazard has more a chance of playing centrally and scoring more goals.. plus Mata wont play both games in the 1st GW id guess.

Its a risk taking Lukaku, there may well be rotation with the strikers but we'l see

Think the Blues are on at 4pm tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

Sheeeet, got mixed up there! Had it in my head we were playing today for some reason!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭tigger123

Can't wait for tomoro, gonna be an epic epic Sunday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    But not selling them means club are scared of other team according to your other post?

Likewise Moyes didn't talk about Rooney role or performance at all, he said Rooney is staying.
    You're a prisoner of your own logic. I wasn't stating an immutable rule. It's pretty much a truism among Chelsea fans that we hold no real fears of Barcelona. An unwillingness to sell a young player like Luiz with his whole future in front of him would be motivated by the club's desire to give him the chance to become a core player.

The situation with Rooney is quite different. Arguably Utd have already got the most out of him. Ferguson seemed to think so. Perhaps Moyes feels differently. But holding onto Rooney is an attempt to get a second act out of a player who's arguably had his best years with Utd. In that light, it's quite reasonable to surmise that Utd are reluctant to give Chelsea the opportunity to remotivate him. And that's because Utd see CFC as real rivals this season.

Barca appeared to have changed their tune regarding our man with a mop on top.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2396131/Tata-Martino-Barcelona-signing-Daniel-Agger-David-Luiz.html
    Perhaps they realised Luiz is happier where he is, and doesn't actually want to play for the mighty Barca?
    Nahh...Surely not.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Match day 1
    Here's to an enjoyable and successful season!
    C'mon the Blues!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

McDave wrote: »
    You're a prisoner of your own logic. I wasn't stating an immutable rule. It's pretty much a truism among Chelsea fans that we hold no real fears of Barcelona. An unwillingness to sell a young player like Luiz with his whole future in front of him would be motivated by the club's desire to give him the chance to become a core player.

The situation with Rooney is quite different. Arguably Utd have already got the most out of him. Ferguson seemed to think so. Perhaps Moyes feels differently. But holding onto Rooney is an attempt to get a second act out of a player who's arguably had his best years with Utd. In that light, it's quite reasonable to surmise that Utd are reluctant to give Chelsea the opportunity to remotivate him. And that's because Utd see CFC as real rivals this season.

That's clearly BS. Rooney is not a player in decline, just 2 seasons ago he scored 30 plus goals and last season his season was very stop start.

Only last point it correct. United see Chelsea as rivals and nothing has changed since Roman take over. Every season Chelsea were/are our rivals.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    That's clearly BS.
    That's clearly your *opinion*.

And it's clearly at variance with Ferguson's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

........Only 5 hours to wait.

tumblr_m2fnlwTEFx1r6aoq4o1_500.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

have a cookie while you wait :)

cookie.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Out of interest how do people see Torres doing this season? I am hoping this season is where Lukaku steps up and makes himself the main goal scorer for Chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭chelseaaremagic

Are we gonna have a match thread today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Is it 4pm yet?

I'm more nervous about the game today than I am about starting my new job tomorrow :p

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Lukaku will start surely today, yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

So what's the verdict after the inauguration of Mou 2?

For me, Jose was right to pick a conservative line up and introduce some newbies once the game was won.

It's obviously too early to make definitive long term judgements but here's sticking the neck out.

Mou will need a good physical team to win the premiership. I don't think he quite yet has the squad he needs. He needs more defensive options. He needs a Makelele-type in front of defence. He needs a proven goalscorer up front. Lukaku will need time to bed in. He needs Rooney, or Lewandowski. Probably Rooney.

We have quite a few flair players who will need to adapt significantly to the Mourinho template. I'm thinking primarily of Luiz and Oscar. I still really do wonder about Ramires' place in the team. Although he's skilful and fit, he doesn't tend to impose himself on games.

It will be fascinating to see how Mourinho deploy's Mata's enormous talent. I think Mata will need to work alongside a midfield enforcer/ball-winner. Hazard is incredible. No worries there.

The new boys introduced themselves well. Schurrle did well. De Bruyne has confidence. His assist for Oscar's goal is a good mark.

Torres? I fear another season like last year. Not much in the league, possibly productive in Europe. But no chance of being the main man. I'm afraid he's just workmanlike now.

Will we win the premiership this year? If all our major rivals have trouble adapting to their new circumstances, I'm optimistic. But if Utd or City pull away, we could have difficulties this year. The upcoming Utd game will be a real test of nerve, and prospects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

3 pts, job done .... happy enough - though the2nd half was a bore....

Jose going to go to last day of window to get a striker

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23750358?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Sevilla v. Atletico Madrid is starting now on SS1. Our own Marko Marin is lining out for Sevilla. Worth a watch, just to see how he gets on. I really hope he does well on loan.

And naturally enough, as per usual, lining out in the Atletico goal, the ever brilliant Thibaut Courtois.

Two young Chelsea players on show here tonight. I'll be watching anyway. Check out how bright the future is (following on from seeing good performances by our young boys earlier in the day!).

the falcao story gets crazier and crazier , lots of reports over the weekend that he is looking to get out of his contract as it was €14 million tax free but new tax rules mean he will lose half that

the falcao story gets crazier and crazier , lots of reports over the weekend that he is looking to get out of his contract as it was €14 million tax free but new tax rules mean he will lose half that

So instead of about 260k net a week he'll only be getting 130k a week?

Poor b**tard. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

DazMarz wrote: »
    And naturally enough, as per usual, lining out in the Atletico goal, the ever brilliant Thibaut Courtois.

You think there's a chance of Courtois going back to Chelsea any time soon ?

He'll obviously end the season with Atletico now, but does he actually want to play for Chelsea ? He seems really happy in Madrid, despite the fact that Chelsea (imo) is a step up.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    You think there's a chance of Courtois going back to Chelsea any time soon ?

He'll obviously end the season with Atletico now, but does he actually want to play for Chelsea ? He seems really happy in Madrid, despite the fact that Chelsea (imo) is a step up.

He'll be back next season after the WC. Its better for him and us and Belgium if hes playing reguarly at a good club like Atletico.

Schwarzer was a complete stop gap, 40 years old, 1 year contract, hes a decent back up, an improvement on Turnbull but it will be all about Courtois and Cech next year I think.

Hope Joses keeps up the unbeaten record at home in the league against Villa.

3points clear early doors if we win, means very little but its another game that if we perform to our abilities Villa will get nothing out of the game at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Brilliant first half yesterday, had the game wrapped up at half time. Villa will be tougher but play like we did for the first 25 minutes and should have no problems. De Bruyne and Oscar were brilliant yesterday, Hazard showed glimpses and some brilliant touches. Thought Torres started really well and he was linking the play very well but he still never looked like a goal threat.

nice to see david luiz post this up on his instagram and facebook accounts with the title 'its blue, what else matters' this morning

http://instagram.com/p/dMPiedjHTo/

So our final Rooney bid, according to some, is going to be 40million and made prior to our game with Utd.

I still cant see much changing in Utds stance so far this summer with that in mind who do we go for with basically 2 weeks left before the transfer window shuts closed.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    So our final Rooney bid, according to some, is going to be 40million and made prior to our game with Utd.

I still cant see much changing in Utds stance so far this summer with that in mind who do we go for with basically 2 weeks left before the transfer window shuts closed.

i think their is more options than rooney going on in the background

i think their is more options than rooney going on in the background

Once its not Eto'o and Lewandoski I'll be happy.

Sometimes I can't help but think the Rooney want is all a wind up by Jose!

Panthro wrote: »
    Sometimes I can't help but think the Rooney want is all a wind up by Jose!

Why the two official bids though? If he wanted to wind them up it would probably have been more cloak and dagger, meet with the agent, tell him we'll offer a huge pay packet if he can engineer a move away, neither has really happened, Rooney has made comments but nothing about leaving really, apart from the official bids which were on the low side and as bad as Utds for Cesc, Baines & Fellaini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Chelsea - and both Manchester clubs - 'linked with' Eto'o.

From the Metro newspaper: "The Cameroon legend is willing to accept a slight cut to his wages but will still demand close to £300,000." Eh...no.

Thats about double what our highest earners are on, not worth it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Duck Soup wrote: »
    Chelsea - and both Manchester clubs - 'linked with' Eto'o.

From the Metro newspaper: "The Cameroon legend is willing to accept a slight cut to his wages but will still demand close to £300,000." Eh...no.

That sentence is just f*cking hilarious. :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement