Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

D'Agger wrote: »
    I'm still not convinced fully by Oscar, I know he's skillful and to his credit last night, when Chelsea were holding on to posession, he was working very hard, popping up all over the field looking to keep things ticking over.

Attack wise, I didn't think he offered much overall in comparison to Hazard

I've been a fan of his for a while, I think he's a really cracking player with such potential. I think he's really thrived in the two games, playing mainly through the centre. Scored the opener against Hull, his pass to Hazard last night for the opener was also excellent and generally got on the ball well, in different areas and had an influence on the game and some bright moments around their box.

Hazard is definitely the main man, but I still think Oscar could have a very big season in his own right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Just back from London there. Thanks to my buddy we got the corporate experiece. Straight to the ground for grub in he Centenary lounge, while sittong down David Luiz is strolling through with CFC stewards, stopped for a brief chat where I begged him not to leave, ever and also to play very soon for my fantasy league team, both which got a smile.

The game was very frustrating, Ba was useless and shouldnt have came back on in the 2nd half. Mata was off the pace and was disappointed De Bruyne didnt play.

Villa deserved something IMO although apart from Bentekes goal he was very quiet but better then Ba. Cechs saves were impressive and robbed Villa of a draw. Didnt see a replay of Ivan on Benteke but from there battles up till then neither were pulling out.

Only seen the handball in real time too and looked a peno TBH.

Eitger way this Villa team wont struggle this year like last. Chelsea despite having a lot of ppssesion were very frustrating and if we dont up our game we'll be picked off by Utd IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Just back from London there. Thanks to my buddy we got the corporate experiece. Straight to the ground for grub in he Centenary lounge, while sittong down David Luiz is strolling through with CFC stewards, stopped for a brief chat where I begged him not to leave, ever and also to play very soon for my fantasy league team, both which got a smile.

I'm not jealous of this at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

David Luiz is strolling through with CFC stewards, stopped for a brief chat where I begged him not to leave, ever and also to play very soon for my fantasy league team, both which got a smile.

tumblr_mqb715Y3L51saabzso1_500.gif

Essien wrote: »
    I'm not jealous of this at all.

We were there before the team, about 5.30 so we said we'd get grub it was actually very good too and id say the only reason he stopped was it was mysely my buddy and about 2,3 kids noticed him come in id d say there was only another dozen or so inside eating at the time. Of course both of our fones had died by the time we had got to heatrow with all the facebook and twitter and internet usage on the train and we forked out for the executive lounge in aerlingus another must if im flying from dublin again it was well worth it. Luiz is a big lad too and the hair made him look even bigger in person. stopped for photos with the kids too before disappering down to he players lounge, players family area.

Panthro wrote: »
    tumblr_mqb715Y3L51saabzso1_500.gif

If i hadnt had about 6/7 hours of drinkig under my belt i would have just shaking his hand and called him a legend. he had great time for the kids though happily posing away for a few snaps. if anyone can wrangle corporate seats and food id redcommend it we were only about 20/25 seats to the right of the villa fans only with about the 18yard box the sang all night and my buddy being a villa fan had a reserved yes for bentekes equaliser.

Apparently according to that dude Bryan Swanson were close to signing Willian.

WTF? Dont see that happening where does he fit in given our talent already in the 3 AM's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

We're in advanced talks with Willian?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Not needed but I wouldn't say no! He destroyed us twice in the Champions League looked a bit special.

With Oscar, Moses, Mata, Hazard, Schurrle, De Bruyne Im sure weve enough talent that we dont need Willian.

With Oscar, Moses, Mata, Hazard, Schurrle, De Bruyne Im sure weve enough talent that we dont need Willian.

Yes, we can deploy the K.D.B. assassin.
    (I'm whoring this nickname out!)

Sky sports news now running it as their breaking news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Juan-Mata-008.jpg

"Bye lads, I'm off to United"

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Adds credence to the Mourinho not fancying Mata rumours.

The only way you're getting Rooney is if Mata is included in the deal, IMO. I wouldn't be overjoyed with that if I was a Chelsea fan but it would make sense from the POV that Chelsea would be losing a great player in a position that they're well stocked in, and so would United, whilst both would be getting in great players that they'd have more use for.

Still, sounds a bit far fetched at the minute, could still see Willian signing for Spurs.

If I had to choose between Mata or Rooney in the team, it would be Mata every day of the week tbh.
    I really hope he's not making way.

no!

Carrick---Fellaini

Mata
    Kagawa
    Ronaldo

Van Persie

Still don't think Mata will be going anywhere.

• Advertisement

Corvo wrote: »

Carrick---Fellaini

Mata
    Kagawa
    Ronaldo

Van Persie

If only we could get a team with these players..
    --Ramires--Oscar--
    KdB---Mata---Hazard
    Lukaku

Oh wait, we already do. Whohoo!

If only we could get a team with these players..
    --Ramires--Oscar--
    KdB---Mata---Hazard
    Lukaku

Oh wait, we already do. Whohoo!

van-persie-premier-league-trophy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Really be stupid for Chelsea to give Mata to Man U for Rooney.
    He would improve united more then Rooney for us.
    Come on next game and take another 3 points and top of the league.

time to play the barca way :) no strikers

Corvo wrote: »
    van-persie-premier-league-trophy.jpg

Welbeck appears to have a Giggs growth on his head!!:pac:

Welbeck appears to have a Giggs growth on his head!!:pac:

And I think Ian Holloway is behind Giggs. I'd know that nose anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Blatter wrote: »
    Adds credence to the Mourinho not fancying Mata rumours.

The only way you're getting Rooney is if Mata is included in the deal, IMO. I wouldn't be overjoyed with that if I was a Chelsea fan but it would make sense from the POV that Chelsea would be losing a great player in a position that they're well stocked in, and so would United, whilst both would be getting in great players that they'd have more use for.

Still, sounds a bit far fetched at the minute, could still see Willian signing for Spurs.
    Interesting points. The Mata rumours just won't go away. And with a supposed pitch for Willian, that potentially packs the midfield competition even more.

TBH, I've given up second guessing on Jose. Noises were made very early about Luiz, Mata and Torres, and Rooney. Most of these noises were roundly pooh poohed. But as days become weeks become months, Jose is refashioning midfield and attack his own way. And most of the names in the frame seem likelier to come to fruition.

The Mata one surprises me most. I would have thought a place could have been fashioned for him. But his lack of physical prowess seems to be an issue with Mourinho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Mata for Rooney? Jaysis, no. Don't do it Jose. I'd be pretty upset at the Juan n Only heading to a rival.

Do we need to up the English or club trained or under 21 or whatever that UEFA quota is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

In advanced talks for Willian, must mean Moses is on his way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

We were there before the team, about 5.30 so we said we'd get grub it was actually very good too and id say the only reason he stopped was it was mysely my buddy and about 2,3 kids noticed him come in id d say there was only another dozen or so inside eating at the time. Of course both of our fones had died by the time we had got to heatrow with all the facebook and twitter and internet usage on the train and we forked out for the executive lounge in aerlingus another must if im flying from dublin again it was well worth it. Luiz is a big lad too and the hair made him look even bigger in person. stopped for photos with the kids too before disappering down to he players lounge, players family area.

How much did all that cost?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

If Jose gets rid of Mata, well, he's got some big balls, a master plan, he's nuts or all of the above.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Marin has scored for Sevilla.....doubt we'll ever see him again though...

Scored 2! Can see that move being made permanent at the end of next season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You'd be mental to give up Mata. Probably my favourite player in the league over the last two years. How about you take Willian, and give us (Spurs) Mata? I think that's fair :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

McDave wrote: »
    Most of these noises were roundly pooh poohed.

Did a double-take reading this! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I think Willian has the potential to be a cracking addition. Hazard, Oscar and Willian is mouth-watering stuff.

If, and it's still a big if, Chelsea do sign Willian, you'd imagine that Juan Mata may be the player who is being phased out of the club. Of course that would be a great shame, he's been superb for Chelsea on the pitch and a great representative of the club for the past 2 seasons. However it does seem like he may not be a Mourinho player and his favoured number ten position seems to be Oscar's this season. If we did sign Willian, if the chance were there to get Rooney in exchange for Mata then admittedly I'd be happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

There is zero chance of Mata being sold.

Roman wouldn't allow it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Really dont want to sign Willian...

Id have Mata anyday...

Maybe Jose doesnt fancy Mata, is he too small for Jose maybe? Thats all I can think of that may go against him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Modric is tiny and Jose is on record as thinking he is a smashing player....So I doubt Mata's size is the issue.

Certain people seem to think he takes issue with some Spanish players, him of course being Portuguese who are known to have chips on their shoulders regarding their neighbours.

I'm not sure I believe that kind of thing and it reeks of conspiracy theory nonsense but it's still an interesting theory. The public bust-up he had with Casillas and Ramos would perhaps lend itself well to that theory as that never happened at Porto, Chelsea or Inter.

But on the flip side, he seemingly had no problem with Alonso and he's Spanish, as is Torres who he has had no problem playing so far.

It's all a bit pie in the sky really. Maybe Jose rates Mata like the rest of us and he will play a huge role this season. We are a couple games into the season. It's probably too early to tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Or there aren't any top class strikers available and only way we sell Rooney is if Mata is included in the deal? Not saying it for sure, just one possibility.

if we do get willian then he gets back to being like jose's first time in charge where it was 2 players for every position hazard/schurrle, mata/willian , oscar/de bryune , it would probably mean that moses is out

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

peteeeed wrote: »
    if we do get willian then he gets back to being like jose's first time in charge where it was 2 players for every position hazard/schurrle, mata/willian , oscar/de bryune , it would probably mean that moses is out

Maybe he's thinking that an improvement on our CF position is not going to happen due to the lack of available talent.
    Rooney apart (not looking that it will happen), who else is available that would be an improvement on what is already there ?
    Might be a possibility that he is looking at Schurrle/Willian/Moses as adapting to play more in the CF position similar to Henry/Messsi.

Therefore, Willian in and Ba out.

Techless wrote: »
    Maybe he's thinking that an improvement on our CF position is not going to happen due to the lack of available talent.
    Rooney apart (not looking that it will happen), who else is available that would be an improvement on what is already there ?
    Might be a possibility that he is looking at Schurrle/Willian/Moses as adapting to play more in the CF position similar to Henry/Messsi.

Therefore, Willian in and Ba out.

my feeling is moses , ba and mikel will be gone before the window shuts . its obvious we have at least one more coming in , was suprised Ba started against villa but maybe that was jose having a proper look at him which he cant have been impressed by

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

peteeeed wrote: »
    my feeling is moses , ba and mikel will be gone before the window shuts . its obvious we have at least one more coming in , was suprised Ba started against villa but maybe that was jose having a proper look at him which he cant have been impressed by
    I thought that Ba was genuinely a better player than that though. I agree with Jose having a look at him too.

RasTa wrote: »
    How much did all that cost?

One of my buddies owns the tickets. Because himself and his father couldnt make the midweek game (the usually go to all the Sat & Sun home games) I asked for him and he said we could have um for €50 each which was a bargain.

Same guy and his father have had the tickets for a few seasons now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

cadaliac wrote: »
    I thought that Ba was genuinely a better player than that though. I agree with Jose having a look at him too.

Don't think Ba has had much success since arriving at Chelsea. Scored a few important goals, but not been as reliable as needed. If Lukaku can match and go above his haul from last year (and why not? He should have a much better service now..), I'm not sure where Ba would fit in, and to an extent, Torres

The poorest players on display against Villa were Ba and Mata. Ba just isnt good enough. if he does go then id push Moses up top his control dribbling and pace in behind would trouble teams but he'd have to work on his finishing big time.

Also i hope Mata doesnt go the guy is a huge talent and selling now would be mad its too late in the window for a club to come in and pay 40+ million that i reckon hes worth as Real seem intent on Bale and I wouldnt swap him for Rooney or entertain a deal with Spurs/Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

One thing that really bugs me in a player is continual stupid offside. If you are playing right on the shoulder it will happen from time to time but being well in front of play on an ongoing basis is unforgivable really. I have been an advocate of Ba feeling he should at least be given a chance, when you get the chance you do need to at least show some intelligence.

As for Mata, Willian, Eto'o, Rooney in TSHO I trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

The poorest players on display against Villa were Ba and Mata. Ba just isnt good enough. if he does go then id push Moses up top his control dribbling and pace in behind would trouble teams but he'd have to work on his finishing big time.

Also i hope Mata doesnt go the guy is a huge talent and selling now would be mad its too late in the window for a club to come in and pay 40+ million that i reckon hes worth as Real seem intent on Bale and I wouldnt swap him for Rooney or entertain a deal with Spurs/Arsenal.

+1 on above regarding Moses.

Why oh why would we let Mata go to United..........not conceivable

Us swapping Mata for Rooney would be absurd. I hope it doesnt happen. As much as I trust Jose if the Willian and Etoo and Mata rumours died then Id be very happy. Mikel looks likely to leave and with our options in CM he wont ne needed to be replaced weve about 5-6 options to play their same with AM. Its CB and CF is where we could do with an investment.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement