Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

should be a very interesting press conference with jose live at 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1mjwiw8M_s

from the guardian football page

'Big news about Willian's proposed move to the Premier League: word from a very reliable source has just filtered through to Guardian Towers that the Brazilian midfielder will not - repeat not - be moving to Tottenham. Despite completing a medical at White Hart Lane, he is no longer interested in a move to Spurs. In so far as you can presume anything in this game, it would appear he's off to Chelsea instead.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

peteeeed wrote: »
    from the guardian football page

'Big news about Willian's proposed move to the Premier League: word from a very reliable source has just filtered through to Guardian Towers that the Brazilian midfielder will not - repeat not - be moving to Tottenham. Despite completing a medical at White Hart Lane, he is no longer interested in a move to Spurs. In so far as you can presume anything in this game, it would appear he's off to Chelsea instead.'

As long as it means we dont sell Mata or swap him then im indifferent to the Willian deal. it looks like classic chelsea and im talking about the SWP and Parker deals, basically getting guys so another team couldnt. was hoping we were past it as i dont think we need him unless we sell at least one AM or CF and move Scurrle or Moses as a CF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Don't think we need Willian. Awful funny if he surfaced at the Emirates!

Panthro wrote: »
    Don't think we need Willian. Awful funny if he surfaced at the Emirates!

Hes a good player but weve about a dozen guys to play their and at least 2 of them are bettrr then him and 2/3 more are close to his level. Needless signing IMO.

Hurry press conference.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Started

willian an extra target to rooney (press conference)

'I want a 22-player squad. If somebody comes, somebody leaves. We don't need to sell, loan probably yes.'

Mourinho on Mata: 'He is a player we all like, a player we all want to keep. We want more quality, not less quality.'

'We are going to try until the last day to add more quality to our options.

Mourinho expresses the view that Willian will choose to join Chelsea, and that the transfer is a possibility

On Mata : No speculation we want to keep our quality not sell.

He did say that if one comes in one will go, more then likely on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Mourinho on Mata: 'He is a player we all like, a player we all want to keep. We want more quality, not less quality.

• Advertisement

Jose on willian : i dont want to confirm just yet.........

Jaysus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Sounds like Willian is a done deal to me.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Jose on willian : i dont want to confirm just yet.........

Jaysus.
    he is going to sign , the loan must be moses

Jose. :D

Jose On willian : Do the medicial in secret.

He said he knowd what the pkayer wants.

Jose On willian : Do the medicial in secret.

He said he knowd what the pkayer wants.

i love that, can they just pay the spurs doctor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Yep, he seems very confident re Willian.

who's going to paddy power, BET THE HOUSE

encouraging the way he talked about mata

• Advertisement

Hopefully the guy out the door is Ba. Schurrle can play through the middle as well. Id rather keep moses.

The Willian deal could be a two fingers too AVB and Spurs too considering AVBs chased him since his Chelsea days.

Jose must be very confident if he was so. openly answering the questions regarding him.

Moses on loan to Everton I'd imagine.

Hopefully the guy out the door is Ba. Schurrle can play through the middle as well. Id rather keep moses.

The Willian deal could be a two fingers too AVB and Spurs too considering AVBs chased him since his Chelsea days.

Jose must be very confident if he was so. openly answering the questions regarding him.

agreed, that deal is done , might be a chelsea tv exclusive tonight

agreed, that deal is done , might be a chelsea tv exclusive tonight

The mention of the secret medicial was funny alright. althoughbif he passes a spurs medicial he'd pass a chelsea medicial :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Buy all the wingers eh?

Be interesting to see who gets shafted. Arsenal will gladly give Mata game time if Ye're stuck. :)

Johner wrote: »
    Moses on loan to Everton I'd imagine.

Hopefully not...

Still would be a lot happier if there was some news of a proven striker (although I guess that'll have to wait to see how the Rooney bid goes)

• Advertisement

think we might see a champions league and premiership team rotation if they all stay

At has to be one or oth of Ba or Moses.

Mainly because it will be easier to move Ba then Torres.

The only thing about Willian is it will probably kill De Bruynes chances of a good couple of games this season.

At has to be one or oth of Ba or Moses.

Mainly because it will be easier to move Ba then Torres.

The only thing about Willian is it will probably kill De Bruynes chances of a good couple of games this season.

well we know jose likes to rotate so and as he says 22 outfield players , everyone will still get to play and be fresh unlike last season where we were very short in terms of squad players

man u press conference has just started

Moyes repeating Rooney not for sale. 'I hardly need to repeat it. It doesn't need to be said

well we know jose likes to rotate so and as he says 22 outfield players , everyone will still get to play and be fresh unlike last season where we were very short in terms of squad players

Azp/Ivan Cahill/Jt Luiz/Kalas Cole/Bert

Essien/Ramires Lamps/MVG

Hazard/Mata Oscar/KDB Schurrle/Willian

Torres/Lukaku

Thats leaving out Ba, Moses and Mikel so far and the keepers.

• Advertisement

Mata on pre-season :
    Training. This is always in pre-season. After having four weeks of holiday for the first time in as long as I can remember, it was very hard to come back from almost nothing to 100 per cent. I think that's why I had some muscle pain during that time

The guy isnt up to speed yet so any talk of him leaving is premature .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Essien/Ramires Lamps/MVG

Torres/Lukaku

Even with that I wouldn't be overly surprised if we see De Bruyne or Oscar playing a bit deeper the odd time.

Essien/Ramires Lamps/MVG

Torres/Lukaku

i think that's about right and needed , lampard and terry will not be able to play all the games and will also be good after champions league game to not field a weakend team

Of all the players I hope we cankeep and play, De Bruyne has to be up there.

Jose has an embarrassment of riches now to chose from within the squad that guys that dont make the squad will be full internationals and very good players.

For Ba to go then Schurrle will be number 3 striker, if Rooney fails, and its looking very likely it will, Jose said Willian was either plan B or C so I'm assuming Rooney is a no go and waste of time.

Mikel, is very surplus to requirements and so too is Essien but I reckon Essien would offer us more.

Moses, unfortunately despite being a good player when you compare him to the options we have hes not as good as the other 5 or 6 so a season on loan might help or he could be moved up front and leave Schurrle battle for the wide spot.

Torres, unlike Ba, I cant see him being sold even if we get another CF. It'll be ba out the door before him.

The we've still got Marin, Romeu & Courtois on loan, young guys like Josh Mac and Chalobah to come in, we've plenty of options for the foreseeable future.

Any ideas on who Ba would be offloaded to? Given the amount of time left before the window closes... Arsenal? :pac:

Saadyst wrote: »
    Any ideas on who Ba would be offloaded to? Given the amount of time left before the window closes... Arsenal? :pac:

Theyve no need for him IMO.

If they were to come in for him I'm sure an offer would be considered though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I'm sure he'd find a home easy enough in Spain/Germany/Italy/France.

Hes a decent CF but I just dont think he offers us anything that Lukaku or Torres cant already.

He got a great goals against Utd and City last year but he didnt do it enough, how many times do we say that about Chelsea CF's though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

Last I heard was that Roma were considering a bid.

Luiz likely to miss the Utd game but should be back for the Bayern game.

Thats worrying, given that we gave Villa 3 great chances and Benteke scored 1 of them if RVP had gotten them chances we'd have lost 3-2.

• Advertisement

Last season we played very well against United tho.. I'm hoping nothing has changed for the worse. I'm hoping Azpil is on as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Luiz likely to miss the Utd game but should be back for the Bayern game.

Thats worrying, given that we gave Villa 3 great chances and Benteke scored 1 of them if RVP had gotten them chances we'd have lost 3-2.

We might have to go all Karate Kid and "sweep the leg"...
    I am of course just kidding.
    Say "no" to violence in football Kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Of all the players I hope we cankeep and play, De Bruyne has to be up there.

Jose has an embarrassment of riches now to chose from within the squad that guys that dont make the squad will be full internationals and very good players.

For Ba to go then Schurrle will be number 3 striker, if Rooney fails, and its looking very likely it will, Jose said Willian was either plan B or C so I'm assuming Rooney is a no go and waste of time.

Mikel, is very surplus to requirements and so too is Essien but I reckon Essien would offer us more.

Moses, unfortunately despite being a good player when you compare him to the options we have hes not as good as the other 5 or 6 so a season on loan might help or he could be moved up front and leave Schurrle battle for the wide spot.

Torres, unlike Ba, I cant see him being sold even if we get another CF. It'll be ba out the door before him.

The we've still got Marin, Romeu & Courtois on loan, young guys like Josh Mac and Chalobah to come in, we've plenty of options for the foreseeable future.

Mikel is a better option than Essien. Essiens knees are gone and with it his game. He wasnt shipped out on loan last season for nothing. Mikel can be/is frustrating at times but he's a better DM than Essien. Mikel is a hard mofo too and is more skillful than people give him credit for.

Last season we played very well against United tho.. I'm hoping nothing has changed for the worse. I'm hoping Azpil is on as well.

Id love to see

cech
    azp ivan jt cole
    ramires lamps
    Oscar mata hazard
    lukaku

For the Utd game. Oscar offers a good up and down option for the wing.

Garzorico wrote: »
    Mikel is a better option than Essien. Essiens knees are gone and with it his game. He wasnt shipped out on loan last season for nothing. Mikel can be/is frustrating at times but he's a better DM than Essien. Mikel is a hard mofo too and is more skillful than people give him credit for.

Ideally id like to see De Bruyne or Lamps and Ramires or MVG used as the pairings in CM for the games this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

BBC now reporting Willian transfer to Chelsea as a done deal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23814060

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

who will start up front at old trafford? Torres i bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

I'd say Torres, but it'd be amazing to see José stick Lukaku in.

Would also love to see Lukaku get a chance, out of the three strikers we have I'm sure thats who United would least like to see starting.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement