Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

But at who's expense? At who's expense?!!
    Think we should collectivity bury our heads in the sand until the window is shut.
    AVB is gona be peeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

That's what he gets for letting Anelka go.
    Son of a...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Willian.....not needed but another good option. preferred him to Hulk when we were linked with both 2seasons back.

Id like to see lukaku start against Utd. Torres and Ba have both started so far this season, Torres was better then Ba but Ba played against Villa. Lukaku came on in both games so I wouldnt be surprised to see him start either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Torres against Utd for me. Lukaku not enough experience, Ba...no chance. Tories loves playing against Vidic as much as Vidic hates playing against Torres, you can smell the fear n see the nerves from Vidic.

Willian...hmmmmmm. Dunno about all these Brazillians. Ahem.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Garzorico wrote: »
    Torres against Utd for me. Lukaku not enough experience, Ba...no chance. Tories loves playing against Vidic as much as Vidic hates playing against Torres, you can smell the fear n see the nerves from Vidic.

Willian...hmmmmmm. Dunno about all these Brazillians. Ahem.

Lukaku scored a hatrick against United.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Lukaku scored a hatrick against United.....

Fine achievement but the League was already over by that stage.

Fine achievement but the League was already over by that stage.

Pfft..he scored a hat trick against United.
    Never to be sneezed at, league title or no league title IMO.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Panthro wrote: »
    But at who's expense? At who's expense?!!
    Think we should collectivity bury our heads in the sand until the window is shut.
    AVB is gona be peeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

That's what he gets for letting Anelka go.
    Son of a...

And dont forget Alex !

I think Mikel is a cert to leave myself ,

Im hoping the beast leads the line on Monday !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Willian would be a great addition if its true. Remember him all to well against Shakhtar last season :mad: He ran the show.Would love to see him at Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

that Mourinho is one slick geezer, I'd say AVB is incredibly pissed!
    I'm happy if he comes but even happier with the circumstances now bring in the striker and slam the window shut before Mata leaves.

• Advertisement

Torres has maybe had 2 good games against Utd and Vidic. :confused: id like him or Lukaku but if the support cast gel behind him we'll be sorted. Id expect De Bruyne to start aswell and maybe at Matas expense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Mikel is a better option than Essien. Essiens knees are gone and with it his game. He wasnt shipped out on loan last season for nothing. Mikel can be/is frustrating at times but he's a better DM than Essien. Mikel is a hard mofo too and is more skillful than people give him credit for.

Mikel's concentration is poor. Sure he breaks up play, but as often as not loses the ball again with poor passing. Which kind of defeats his whole purpose.

He'd be no real loss to Chelsea. But a replacement would be in order.

Did a double-take reading this! :P
    Sorry! Should have hyphenated it, like they do in the OED! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

McDave wrote: »
    Mikel's concentration is poor. Sure he breaks up play, but as often as not loses the ball again with poor passing. Which kind of defeats his whole purpose.

He'd be no real loss to Chelsea. But a replacement would be in order.
    Van Ginkle?

duploelabs wrote: »
    Van Ginkle?

I guess we should be seeing if that's the case in pretty short order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

The rumor mill is suggesting Jose may look to sign Jackson Martinez from Porto.

29 goals in 38 appearances apparently :eek:

Link....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

For me Lukaku should start against ManU Torres was all at sea against the might of the Hull City Tigers. We will need to keep the ManU defence & midfield honest playing a striker that might keep them occupied, I really don't think that Torres is that man. I don't think any premier league team is actually worried about Torres anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I would like to see Torres start, then Lukaku, then Ba in that order

For me Lukaku should start against ManU Torres was all at sea against the might of the Hull City Tigers. We will need to keep the ManU defence & midfield honest playing a striker that might keep them occupied, I really don't think that Torres is that man. I don't think any premier league team is actually worried about Torres anymore.
    My guess is Torres will put in a shift for 60 minutes, and then Jose will shake it up a bit for the last half hour, probably with Lukaku.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

RichT wrote: »
    The rumor mill is suggesting Jose may look to sign Jackson Martinez from Porto.

29 goals in 38 appearances apparently :eek:

Link....

It's the metro, doubt it is true.

Although, I watched a lot of Porto's games last season and was very impressed with him. Has everything you want from a striker, surprised more big clubs have not gone for him.

He is quite similar to Lukaku tho, so I don't see the reason for ye trying to sign him.

• Advertisement

Cant wait for Monday night now, should be a cracking game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Cant wait for Monday night now, should be a cracking game.

Yeah its gonna be mega.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Mata posted this, :cool:
    Exactly two years ago, i signed for #Chelsea. Too many things happened since then... #CFC

1175179_698365666846619_680549099_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

surely we cant sell the little guy?

Sounds like a man who wants out alright.
    He's going nowhere as far as he's concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Johner wrote: »
    Mata posted this, :cool:

1175179_698365666846619_680549099_n.jpg

Great pic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

From the official CFC site.......
    Chelsea Football Club can confirm an agreement has been reached with both Willian and his club Anzhi Makhachkala for the transfer of the Brazilian player.

The transfer is subject to a work permit hearing on Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Take that Spurs! :pac: ;)

mike65 wrote: »
    Take that Spurs! :pac: ;)

28th September we head to 3 point lane with Willian on board, should be an interesting game to say the least. :pac:

sky sports news reporting now that eto talks are also going on, the same sky sources that first reported about willian

peteeeed wrote: »
    sky sports news reporting now that eto talks are also going on, the same sky sources that first reported about willian

Hopefully not, unless it means Ba is leaving, no point having 4 strikers really when we only play with 1. :confused:

At the moment we have 1 unproven striker, 1 who may be out of his depth and 1 who is showing distinct signs of being past it. Eto'o can only be an improvement on two and perhaps a help for Lakuku

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

The Telegraph are saying we have signed Eto'o as part of the Willian deal and that we won't be making another bid for Rooney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'll admit I haven't seen him play in a while so I'm really not sure what to make of that transfer for Chelsea. Does he still have his blistering pace even as he's much older now?

If so I guess Mikel on his way along with either Ba or Torres (Ba I think no team would do us the favour of signing Torres) and maybe Moses off on loan perhaps to the toffees.
    At least if TSHO wants Rooney next summer with only 1 year on his contract should be a deal in the offing.

If so I guess Mikel on his way along with either Ba or Torres (Ba I think no team would do us the favour of signing Torres) and maybe Moses off on loan perhaps to the toffees.
    At least if TSHO wants Rooney next summer with only 1 year on his contract should be a deal in the offing.
    Neither Mikel nor Ba would be missed. If Torres had only cost us €20 million and concomitant wages, he'd be staying. As is, that €50 mill is just a millstone round his and the club's necks.

Johner wrote: »
    The Telegraph are saying we have signed Eto'o as part of the Willian deal and that we won't be making another bid for Rooney.

See post 7529 above for links! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Chelsea Football Club can confirm an agreement has been reached with both Willian and his club Anzhi Makhachkala for the transfer of the Brazilian player.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3436444/title/terms-agreed-for-willian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

kleefarr wrote: »

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3436444/title/terms-agreed-for-willian
    a case of too many cooks in midfield methinks.

who_ru wrote: »
    a case of too many cooks in midfield methinks.

Not since the 70's have we had a Cooke in midfield.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

A good result for us in Cardiff earlier, get a win tomorrow and put a nice bit of space between us and both Manchester teams. It's a big ask though.

i think its fair to say our fifa 14 team might be a bit tasty this year :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

peteeeed wrote: »
    i think its fair to say our fifa 14 team might be a bit tasty this year :)

I think you mean London FC will have a tasty team this year.

So now Atletico want Mata on loan roll on 2nd September till this really tedious silly season can finish

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2401800/Mata-Atletico-Madrid-make-audacious-loan-offer-Chelseas-midfield-ace.html

Essien wrote: »
    A good result for us in Cardiff earlier, get a win tomorrow and put a nice bit of space between us and both Manchester teams. It's a big ask though.

Big asking eyed. But it would put the pressure right on Moyes. Especially if nothing transpires before the transfer deadline expires.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

:eek: I didn't think anybody actually still played Pro Evo. Fool me four times, shame on you........etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Willian confirmed - who will go ?????

I said it before ,Willian will be a great addition. Can't wait to see him in a Chelsea shirt.

pro ev fan?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement