Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Bloody stupid signing if you ask me. Only positive out of it is that it stopped Spurs getting him. Where in the name of Jesus is he going to play?! He's not likely to dislodge Mata or Hazard any time soon. The only thing is will do is limit the time some of our other burgeoning talents (Oscar, De Bruyne, Van Ginkel, Schurrle) will get.

I cannot believe that ANOTHER attacking midfielder has been signed. Chelsea could field an entire team of midfielders at this stage. Think about it. Lampard, Ramires, Essien, Mikel, Mata, Oscar, Hazard, De Bruyne, Van Ginkel, Schurrle, Moses. 11 midfield players already at the club. The one thing we did not need was another one. Yet here we are...

To be honest, I'd love to see Willian loaned back to Ukraine. Just to piss off Spurs. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

DazMarz wrote: »
    Bloody stupid signing if you ask me. Only positive out of it is that it stopped Spurs getting him. Where in the name of Jesus is he going to play?! He's not likely to dislodge Mata or Hazard any time soon. The only thing is will do is limit the time some of our other burgeoning talents (Oscar, De Bruyne, Van Ginkel, Schurrle) will get.

I cannot believe that ANOTHER attacking midfielder has been signed. Chelsea could field an entire team of midfielders at this stage. Think about it. Lampard, Ramires, Essien, Mikel, Mata, Oscar, Hazard, De Bruyne, Van Ginkel, Schurrle, Moses. 11 midfield players already at the club. The one thing we did not need was another one. Yet here we are...

To be honest, I'd love to see Willian loaned back to Ukraine. Just to piss off Spurs. :P

Jaysis that's a lot of midfielders alright. Get rid of mikel essien Moses, Schurrle is a forward really. Lamps on bench so that's 6 fighting for 4 starting spots. 7 if willian comes in....ludicrous. And Sideshow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I have to get up at 5am to watch the match tonight but it will hopefully be worth it.

Van Persie kept quiet and maybe a cheeky goal from Hazard to prolong my brief reign at the top of the Shed End Supporters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

looking foward to jose waiting for the man u team to walk out , who he shakes hands with :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

What I'm hoping for out of the Willian deal :

We'll ship some guys out on loan, namely Ba and Moses.

At least with them gone Schurrle can be played upfront in rotation with Torres and Lukaku.

Willian, Hazard, Oscar, Mata, De Bruyne will be the main options in the 3 behind the CF.

MVG, Lamps, Ramires and maybe Oscar should be considered for CM.

Our back line is unchanged although with Luiz being injured for the first few games Jose maybe reluctant to throw him straight back in against Bayern, same goes for Azp really, he may struggle to get into the team this season.

Its getting very difficult to pick our starting XI at this stage as we've enough quality but I hope the guys that do get in perform every week or else they'll be out of the team as the quality on the sideline is probably the strongest we've had in years.

Also on the Mata stories, I cant see us loaning him out unless Jose really thinks he wont get 30+ league games this season and TBF, between himself and Hazard, they're the 2 standout players, ability wise in this squad so I dont think that will happen at all.

Its a fine headache to have this early in the season but I'd still love if we got in another CB.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    What I'm hoping for out of the Willian deal :

We'll ship some guys out on loan, namely Ba and Moses.

At least with them gone Schurrle can be played upfront in rotation with Torres and Lukaku.

Willian, Hazard, Oscar, Mata, De Bruyne will be the main options in the 3 behind the CF.

MVG, Lamps, Ramires and maybe Oscar should be considered for CM.

Our back line is unchanged although with Luiz being injured for the first few games Jose maybe reluctant to throw him straight back in against Bayern, same goes for Azp really, he may struggle to get into the team this season.

Its getting very difficult to pick our starting XI at this stage as we've enough quality but I hope the guys that do get in perform every week or else they'll be out of the team as the quality on the sideline is probably the strongest we've had in years.

Also on the Mata stories, I cant see us loaning him out unless Jose really thinks he wont get 30+ league games this season and TBF, between himself and Hazard, they're the 2 standout players, ability wise in this squad so I dont think that will happen at all.

Its a fine headache to have this early in the season but I'd still love if we got in another CB.

i just can't see the fuss about all the players, last year we were painfully short on the bench , this year we could have a 3 of hazard/willian/mata as jose has said he would like to use mata on the right cutting on to his left this season

peteeeed wrote: »
    i just can't see the fuss about all the players, last year we were painfully short on the bench , this year we could have a 3 of hazard/willian/mata as jose has said he would like to use mata on the right cutting on to his left this season

I know it was his first start of the season bu the looked out of sorts out there and wasted.

Given time he'll be grand out there and the way the support 3 interchange hell have plenty of time to switch between right side and central.

With Willian coming in the expectation levels are only going to increase too so Jose and the squad better deliver this season.

• Advertisement

I know it was his first start of the season bu the looked out of sorts out there and wasted.

Given time he'll be grand out there and the way the support 3 interchange hell have plenty of time to switch between right side and central.

With Willian coming in the expectation levels are only going to increase too so Jose and the squad better deliver this season.

the one thing willian has that mata doesn't is real pace so i think they can work well and there is a plan A and plan B now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Mata admitted that after his 4 week break (his first real break for a few years he claimed) that he simply is not up to speed yet. No point rushing the man back when we have cover, a fit rested Mata will be of great use during the season. If you look at the players we had at the Confederations cup only Oscar is playing regularly so does that mean that Dave, Luiz as well as Mata are not in TSHO's plans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Looking forward to a good game tonight, hopefully it's not like last season where I think we were robbed and the season just went downhill after that :mad:

It won't be easy, but I'd love a 2-0 with at least one from Lukaku

Mata admitted that after his 4 week break (his first real break for a few years he claimed) that he simply is not up to speed yet. No point rushing the man back when we have cover, a fit rested Mata will be of great use during the season. If you look at the players we had at the Confederations cup only Oscar is playing regularly so does that mean that Dave, Luiz as well as Mata are not in TSHO's plans?

I wouldn't go that far... well, hopefully neither will Jose, all 3 of those guys put in a fantastic shift last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Can someone explain the anti-eto sentiment? He's a savage striker who tore use (and many other teams) numerous new ones over the course of the years. He's only gonna get a short term contract at his age and wages and he knows the boss very well. He's a far more experienced striker than Ba and has a much better head on his shoulders than Torres.

Saadyst wrote: »
    Looking forward to a good game tonight, hopefully it's not like last season where I think we were robbed and the season just went downhill after that :mad:

It won't be easy, but I'd love a 2-0 with at least one from Lukaku

We beat them at OT last season. :pac:

We lost at the Bridge 3-2 alright after some questionnable decisions.

Martin Atkinson is the ref tonight, last time we had him at OT Luiz committed about 5 or 6 fouls and never got sent off and scored and I think he gave us a penalty in the same game, we won 2-1.

More of the same please. :D

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    Can someone explain the anti-eto sentiment? He's a savage striker who tore use (and many other teams) numerous new ones over the course of the years. He's only gonna get a short term contract at his age and wages and he knows the boss very well. He's a far more experienced striker than Ba and has a much better head on his shoulders than Torres.

Stupid money, old, and will more then likely push Lukaku further down the pekcing order for game time.

Eto'o hasnt been the same since his move to Russia, I dont think a 1 year very expensive experiment is in order here, let him take his 2 year offer at Inter and we can move on.

Azp is going to struggle to get into the team this year I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

That would be a shame. He's done well for us in the past and could be an important player in the future.
    Azp is going to struggle to get into the team this year I reckon.

bullpost wrote: »
    That would be a shame. He's done well for us in the past and could be an important player in the future.

Thats just my take on it. Ivan is a power house and defensively hes more sound then Azp and while Azp is better going forward Ivan is more of a goal threat.

He scored 6 goals last season, which is a very good return for a defender IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

We beat them at OT last season. :pac:

We lost at the Bridge 3-2 alright after some questionnable decisions.

Martin Atkinson is the ref tonight, last time we had him at OT Luiz committed about 5 or 6 fouls and never got sent off and scored and I think he gave us a penalty in the same game, we won 2-1.

More of the same please. :D

For me, he's the best referee in the league

*cue a dubious red card and crazy penalty decision going against us.

• Advertisement

Saadyst wrote: »
    I wouldn't go that far... well, hopefully neither will Jose, all 3 of those guys put in a fantastic shift last season

Not suggesting for a minute TSHO is just pointing out how daft some of the coverage is the so called press.

I think Dave will do OK he is quite quick and a very good defender, Ivan is quite prone to stupid mistakes from time to time and not a spinter by any stretch. And whilst he is a good goalscorer Ivan is a defender first and foremost.

I would say it is a case of Dave showing TSHO what he can do, he has had a very short pre season then had to head back to South America for the Spanish friendly. Good thing is either him or Ivan will always be in the team or on the bench as Ivan is a better CB than both JT & Cahill at the moment so he is great cover for that.

The fountain of all knowledge that is twitter is suggesting that Eto'o wants €300,000 per week. Am jog on I think.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

peteeeed wrote: »

I think it's almost criminal for a player as good as Oscar not to be first choice. He's certainly a much bigger feature in the national team than Willian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Hold on a second, what the hell is the H in TSHO?

I think it's almost criminal for a player as good as Oscar not to be first choice. He's certainly a much bigger feature in the national team than Willian.

Very true, its being suggested, even by Oscar himself that he'll play a deeper role in future, from CM, much like Lampard but without the goal return.
    maximoose wrote: »
    Hold on a second, what the hell is the H in TSHO?

Happy.

Grumpy has taken to calling Jose, The Special/Happy One.

Someone on Twitterland has said that Chelsea are willing to leave Mata go for the right price.

Considering Bale could be going for 80+ million, Suarez for 50 and Cavani and Falcao over 50 then Mata is worth every penny of 50+ if he is to be sold.

Also, I dont believe it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

RVP is coming to get you lads!!...he scores when he wants...he scores when he wants...

Irishcrx wrote: »
    RVP is coming to get you lads!!...he scores when he wants...he scores when he wants...

Thank you crazy rambler, do you have perhaps an original song about goal scoring players nah?

Someone on Twitterland has said that Chelsea are willing to leave Mata go for the right price.

Considering Bale could be going for 80+ million, Suarez for 50 and Cavani and Falcao over 50 then Mata is worth every penny of 50+ if he is to be sold.

Also, I dont believe it at all.

Everyone has the right price I guess, if Levy came knocking on Roman's door and said please Roman can JM come out to play and we will give you what Madrid gave us for Bale well fine. Other than that why would they even consider anything less than ST£50m?

I still think too much is being read into Mata not getting game time as yet. I am sure it is just a fitness issue why risk damage to an important player this early in the season. We have to have a decent run at the Premier League and to reach the latter stages of the Champions League this season, I dont think whilst he has been away TSHO has taken leave of his senses.

If Spurs get 90 million for Bale then I hope Roman asks for 70million of it for Mata.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

back home in Ireland and starting to get the fear about tonight, it will make such a difference going into the two week break how tonight goes, fingers crossed.

back home in Ireland and starting to get the fear about tonight, it will make such a difference going into the two week break how tonight goes, fingers crossed.

A loss for either side really isnt all that important in the grand scheme of the league, its very early doors and apart from bragging rights its just another 3 points.

Ideally I'd love to do what Carlo did in his double winning season when we beat the then top 4 home and away (Utd, Arsenal & Liverpool)

We've also got Bayern on Friday night dont we?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Thank you crazy rambler, do you have perhaps an original song about goal scoring players nah?

I have one about Ashley Young but it's less about him scoring goals and more so about him being absolutely ****e.:pac:

I have one about Ashley Young but it's less about him scoring goals and more so about him being absolutely ****e.:pac:

If only we had one for Mikel. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

If only we had one for Mikel. :(

He never scores when we want...............he never scores when we want .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Funnily enough, the BBC is now reporting that "Spurs have approached Chelsea about buying a player to replace Bale." Gosh, who could that be, then?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23841998

At this stage, I'm wondering does anyone actually really want to buy anyone or is this a giant chain-yanking exercise for each side to unsettle the others' star players.

Duck Soup wrote: »
    Funnily enough, the BBC is now reporting that "Spurs have approached Chelsea about buying a player to replace Bale." Gosh, who could that be, then?

At this stage, I'm wondering does anyone actually really want to buy anyone or is this a giant chain-yanking exercise for each side to unsettle the others' star players.

Nobody of note is going to leave before the window shuts next week, Mata, Luiz & Torres the 3 that were talked about would have talked with Jose and had he said they werent needed or werent playing parts in the season they would have been sold weeks ago.

Mata is staying dont worry lads we've no need to sell him, as I said, Willian signing will probably push Schurrle into a CF berth and Ba leaving maybe Moses too that means we've 5 players for 3 positions and this time its quality, last year we had Ramires, Moses, Marin and Yossi to back up the trinity this year we've De Bruyne, Willian and Schurrle if needed.

Its all about the options, panic over.

Yep, and hoping that we do better than in the CL final to stick it to them :pac:

Duck Soup wrote: »

Perhaps Moses at ST£25m could be a runner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I'd say £35m would get you Mata tbh but that's just me, this transfer window has been hilarious for fees being banded about - If/When the Bale move goes through it'll officially be lol season.

Bring better banter please.
    A loss for either side really isnt all that important in the grand scheme of the league, its very early doors and apart from bragging rights its just another 3 points.

Ideally I'd love to do what Carlo did in his double winning season when we beat the then top 4 home and away (Utd, Arsenal & Liverpool)

^ You can't say something like that so casually, and I'm saying that as a 'pool fan!!

D'Agger wrote: »
    I'd say £35m would get you Mata tbh but that's just me, this transfer window has been hilarious for fees being banded about - If/When the Bale move goes through it'll officially be lol season.

Bale is gone IMO and if Spurs are waiting to spend the money in the next week they'll come across alot of players that are more expensive now then when they would have been a few weeks ago thanks to that Bale money.
    ^ You can't say something like that so casually, and I'm saying that as a 'pool fan!!

Its a glorified friendly but its going to be billed as Jose vs Pep more then anything else. Again, if we beat them it doesnt mean we're the best in Europe at all and as a matter fact theyve got a hell of lot stronger from when we played last.

There'll be no Gomez to have a nightmare for them this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Bale is gone IMO and if Spurs are waiting to spend the money in the next week they'll come across alot of players that are more expensive now then when they would have been a few weeks ago thanks to that Bale money.

Its a glorified friendly but its going to be billed as Jose vs Pep more then anything else. Again, if we beat them it doesnt mean we're the best in Europe at all and as a matter fact theyve got a hell of lot stronger from when we played last.

There'll be no Gomez to have a nightmare for them this time.
    True, in fairness to Levy he's gotten the majority of his business done before pushing the Bale transfer through.

You'd love to see Real pull out now :pac:

Ah still, early in the season, still looking at the new signings - they're the games you want to be involved in - enjoy that :)

well i didn't see that team coming
    Cech, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole; Ramires, Lampard; De Bruyne, Oscar, Hazard, Schurrle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Love it, sexy footy style.
    KdB Assassin will score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

I'm :eek:

Double :eek::eek: even.

I was hoping Lukaku would leave Ferdinand crying like a baby after an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Deco retired

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

After that line-up there's only one thing for it.....................

MONDAY NIGHT PINTS!!! :D

strange game, looked like jose wanted the point , and put balls over the top and turn vidic and ferdinand but a draw was fair enough, good organisation and a good point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,992 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

There has to be a question now about whats going on with Mata. He has been the best Chelsea player for two seasons and he has only one appearance in three games. He is either suffering from some sort of knock or there is something more serious going on. How can he be left on the bench if he is fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

eagle eye wrote: »
    There has to be a question now about whats going on with Mata. He has been the best Chelsea player for two seasons and he has only one appearance in three games. He is either suffering from some sort of knock or there is something more serious going on. How can he be left on the bench if he is fit?

Not fully fit, not up to speed, that's something he's said himself.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement