Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

the_monkey wrote: »
    My first rant .

LOL!:pac:
    :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

D'Agger wrote: »
    Was suprised Liverpool didn't buy him tbh, he seems to be a player we could do with while Sterling & Ibe continue to develop.

It would be a pointless signing - I can only assume Liverpool have worked it out that it's cheaper and smarter to try sign Moses (who's PL proven) on loan with a view to a permanent move than take on Astu

They're similar players I would have thought so it doesn't make too much sense to me

10 million for Moses, that includes the British tax too by the way. :D

I really hope that this is just more silly talk, at the moment we have Cahill as a starting CB along side an ageing JT. Our defence is wafer thin and we are looking at a winger and a striker, is Jose giving someone enough rope to hang themselves? Whoever is in charge of our transfer policy needs to get a grip.

Ya we're one or two injuries/suspenions away from a defensive crisis, with Luiz out, a knock to Cahill, JT or both would mean Ivanovic holding the fort at CB probably with a young gella beside him or Essien.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Panthro wrote: »
    LOL!:pac:
    :o

of this season ! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Willian granted his work permit.

• Advertisement

Off topic to this thread, but I hope Celtic dont get into the UCL this year.

I dont like Lennon at all, and thats putting it mildly.

Willian granted his work permit.

Yaaaaay 99 problems now with our 6 AM's

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Are Chalobah and Kallas still around ?

Techless wrote: »

I think so, and is Josh Mac still with the club or did he get loaned out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Both injured.

• Advertisement

IMO we are pretty well sorted for defence, Ivan/Dave - JT/Cahill/Luiz - Cole/Betrand. Ivan is versatile at RB or CB and Essien can fill in at RB if an emergency.

Hold on to either Chalobah/Kallas.

Though Schurle played ok in the CF role, speedy and made some good runs (seems to understand the off side rule), is able to receive and control the ball - it was just the passing to him was terrible. I think that Moses could also play that role but for now give Lukaku that role as the number 1 starter.

Just get rid of Ba and Mikel, the squad should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

IMO we are pretty well sorted for defence, Ivan/Dave - JT/Cahill/Luiz - Cole/Betrand. Ivan is versatile at RB or CB and Essien can fill in at RB if an emergency.

Hold on to either Chalobah/Kallas.

Though Schurle played ok in the CF role, speedy and made some good runs (seems to understand the off side rule), is able to receive and control the ball - it was just the passing to him was terrible. I think that Moses could also play that role but for now give Lukaku that role as the number 1 starter.

Just get rid of Ba and Mikel, the squad should be fine.

At the later end of the season when players start to feel injuries and suspensions become an issue that defence simply is not good enough. Cahill is fine for standard run of the mill PL matches, JT is no spring chicken we can only hope that Kalas is a starter at this stage. Bearing in mind of course he played pretty much all of last season at RB in Holland.

Buying more attacking midfield players should not be an option at this stage it borders on the insane. A good striker fine but our defence is a long way from sorted I fear.

At the later end of the season when players start to feel injuries and suspensions become an issue that defence simply is not good enough. Cahill is fine for standard run of the mill PL matches, JT is no spring chicken we can only hope that Kalas is a starter at this stage. Bearing in mind of course he played pretty much all of last season at RB in Holland.

Buying more attacking midfield players should not be an option at this stage it borders on the insane. A good striker fine but our defence is a long way from sorted I fear.

Fair point if you can find better defenders than we have to come in.

Bayern should give us a fair indication how good or bad we are.

As regards a striker, would agree but who ? Eto would be an expensive stop gap but would probably be the man.

Decent defenders are thin on the ground at the moment, if we could get them (which I seriously doubt) then Agger or Vertongen would be handy.

Bayern should give us a fair indication how good or bad we are.

We'll be in for a rude awakening I fear.

Bayern are superior to when we played them and even then they were the better team.

Will.I.An

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2403972/Willian-completes-32m-Chelsea-Mourinho-helps-land-work-permit.html

Willian is not in the Super Cup squad - Chelsea face Bayern Munich in Prague on Friday night - so will have to wait until after the international break to make his debut. Chelsea's next fixture after Friday is their away trip to Everton on September 14.

article-0-1B77D447000005DC-64_634x588.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

I like his hair.

0,,10268~12180182,00.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I like Atsu, signed him in FM, signed him during my time in soccermanager :)

But are ye not getting pretty close to (assuming its Moses that will make way) being over the limit for foreigners over the age of 21?

• Advertisement

Just turned 25, bags of potential and hijacked the Spuds for his signature while they lose Bale.

Happy days, well as long as we keep Mata too. >:(

6th Brazilian in the squad, Luiz, Oscar, Ramires, Willian, Wallace.

Whos the 6th?

kryogen wrote: »
    I like Atsu, signed him in FM, signed him during my time in soccermanager :)

But are ye not getting pretty close to (assuming its Moses that will make way) being over the limit for foreigners over the age of 21?

I'd doubt we'll sign Atsu, for exactly the reason you mentioned, too many foreign over 21's.

Makes no sense what so ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Just turned 25, bags of potential and hijacked the Spuds for his signature while they lose Bale.

Happy days, well as long as we keep Mata too. >:(

Whos the 6th?

Piazon but he's on loan

Soby wrote: »
    Piazon but he's on loan

Ah yes, the forgotten one, hes another whos better off finding another club at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Surpised to see Willian only having 2 Brazilian caps to his name since 2011, thought a player for that price tag would of had a lot more international appearances.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Surpised to see Willian only having 2 Brazilian caps to his name since 2011, thought a player for that price tag would of had a lot more international appearances.

Fernandinho ring any bells?

Theres so much talent and competition in the Brazil squads on the flanks and in CAM that he'll struggle to get a call up at all.

Neymar, Oscar, Hulk have the support roles bedded down and then you've Bernard as the next best option.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3440173

0,,10268~12180350,00.jpg
    WILLIAN: FIRST WORDS
    Posted on: Wed 28 Aug 2013

Willian is the club's latest acquisition after today completing his move to Stamford Bridge from Anzhi Makhachkala.

Shortly after putting pen to paper, the Brazilian, who will wear the number 22 shirt, sat down with the official Chelsea website at our Cobham training ground and expressed his delight at sealing the move, as well as outlining his hopes and expectations for the season ahead…

What does it feel like to be a Chelsea player?
    I've always been following Chelsea and every time I came to London I would try to see a Chelsea game and see how the team was doing because it's been my dream to come to play here. Finally it's become a reality, and when the offer came I never gave a thought to anybody else, I said to myself that I would run here, and I'm happy to be here now. Chelsea was always my first choice.

You must be looking forward to working under one of the best managers in the game?
    Absolutely, it's going to be an immense pleasure to work with Jose Mourinho, listen to him and learn from him. I'm sure I'm going to grow as a professional and I'm looking forward to training. He's one of the best coaches in the world with everything he's won. I'm sure I'm going to learn a lot and improve a lot.

Have you had a chance to speak to Jose Mourinho about what is expected of you?
    I've had a quick chat with him, he welcomed me to the club and told me he was happy that I was here. He told me to work hard. He said we have a very strong team but when you work hard there are rewards.

You have played in Russia, Ukraine and Brazil, but how familiar are you with the Premier League?
    I've always followed the Premier League on the television and I've always had a desire to play in England because it's one of the best leagues in the world. I've seen some games live and I've been to the stadiums. It's a different league but I'm really looking forward to getting started.

Chelsea fans will remember you for the two goals you scored at Stamford Bridge in the Champions League last season, but how would you describe your style of play?
    My style is that I like to dribble a lot and play with speed. I like to accelerate very fast with the ball. I'm also quite technical, I like to shoot at goal but I've also learnt to defend, which is something you have to do to help the team.

You have an impressive record in the Champions League, scoring nine goals in 34 appearances. What is your favourite memory from playing in the competition?
    The most beautiful goal I scored in the Champions League was for Shakhtar against Roma in a 3-0 win in 2011. I've scored memorable goals in other competitions as well but in the Champions League I would choose that one.

As well as Chelsea, you've also played against Arsenal, Tottenham, Fulham and Newcastle in the past. How do you remember your matches against English opposition?
    It was a great experience because English teams are very difficult to play against and each one has their own qualities. I remember losing against Fulham with Shakhtar, and we also lost 3-2 to Chelsea last season, but they were good experiences and I enjoyed the games.

At Shakhtar you won a number of trophies, including the Ukrainian title, Ukrainian Cup and UEFA Cup. How do you think that winning mentality will help you at a club which have become accustomed to success?
    It will help me because every player has a wish to win everything they are competing for. I've won a lot of trophies in Ukraine, which is a wonderful feeling, but Chelsea are a great club who are used to winning trophies. My aim is to help Chelsea keep this winning mentality and to win as many trophies as we can. All we want is to win trophies and be successful.

What are your aims for the season, both on an individual and collective level?
    I intend to help the team as much as I can in order to be successful. I want to train hard, work hard and give everything to earn my place in the side. This is a very strong team with great players. I hope I am going to start matches very strongly and help the team do the best we can, whether that's through scoring goals, creating chances or defending. I'm sure with the squad we have we will have a great season ahead of us with many trophies to come.

With the World Cup in your home country to come at the end of the season, are you hoping your performances for Chelsea can help you earn a place in the Brazil squad?
    That is definitely another aim of mine, to win my place in the squad and go to the World Cup. I will have to work hard for Chelsea to show what I am capable of, and I'm sure if I do that I will have the opportunity to be called up by the national team as a consequence. That applies to every player; if you work hard and perform well for your club, you will get those opportunities, and if the chance arrives I want to be ready to take it with both hands.

- Watch Chelsea TV's 'Blues News' this evening for more exclusive interview with Willian.

His 3rd Chelsea game is going to be a trip to 3 point lane, should be an interesting game for the lad.

Football Manager dream team I'd say our strongest team is :

Cech
    Azp Luiz JT Cole
    Oscar Ramires
    Mata Hazard Willian
    Lukaku

Schwarzer
    Ivan
    Lamps
    MVG
    De Bruyne
    Schurrle
    Torres

/drools

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

His 3rd Chelsea game is going to be a trip to 3 point lane, should be an interesting game for the lad.

Football Manager dream team I'd say our strongest team is :

Cech
    Azp Luiz JT Cole
    Oscar Ramires
    Mata Hazard Willian
    Lukaku

Schwarzer
    Ivan
    Lamps
    MVG
    De Bruyne
    Schurrle
    Torres

/drools

Pretty much mine too although I'd swap MVG for Rambo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Whos the 6th?
    Soby wrote: »
    Piazon but he's on loan

Already answered, but my first thought was Eva's? :D:D:D

RichT wrote: »

Already answered, but my first thought was Eva's? :D:D:D

Shes from like Malta or Gibraltar or somewhere though aint she? :pac:

Edit : Wait a minute........just got this. :pac:

ZING!!

WOOOOOSH!!!

Off topic to this thread, but I hope Celtic dont get into the UCL this year.

I dont like Lennon at all, and thats putting it mildly.

Absolutely, can't stand any Scottish football , absolute muck ... 22 donkeys on a field .

RUBBISH

I'd rather watch school kids play at St. Annes Park .... or even that GAA ****e ...

Never bet on the Scottish league. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Johner wrote: »

0,,10268~12180350,00.jpg

all your ACM are belong to us

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Never bet on the Scottish league. :pac:

^^^this x all the numbers on the internet ^^

never forget Aberdeen letting me down for £4500 (punts).
    winning 2-1 with 3mins to go ..boom lost a goal with secs to go.

never ever again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Chelsea got Swindon away in the 3rd Round of the Capital One Cup, just FYI.

Not bad!

Twitter says Eto'o medical at Bridge tomorrow

Can he be Chelsea's main man?

He has started this season relatively well, with two goals in six matches, but Anzhi have won just one and drawn five of those, as their weakened side struggles to make a mark on the Russian Premier League.

Christopher Samba is the only other familiar name left at the club, with Willian, former Chelsea utility man Yuri Zhirkov, and Russian stars Igor Denisov and Aleksandr Kokorin already gone.

Eto'o is, of course, a short term option for Chelsea's so called striking crisis, but has only played as a true No 9 for one season out of the last five.

He is no longer the threat on the last shoulder that he once was, and at 32 years old is now robbed of his pace.

Mourinho should look no further than the man currently occupying the No 9 shirt at Chelsea to see what happens to strikers who have relied on their pace and then lose it.

The Barclays Premier League is one of the most physically testing in the world, and a 32-year-old Samuel Eto'o may well struggle to adjust as a lone front man in England.

Another Torres?

I'd rather just give Lukaku a shot.

Johner wrote: »
    Another Torres?

I'd rather just give Lukaku a shot.

Amen to that.
    I really don't get why the lad isn't being given more game time.
    He showed last season he's able for the EPL.
    What more does he have to do? I genuinely thought he would be a Jose man through and through.

• Advertisement

Why not just give Lukaku a few starts it is obvious Torres is past it, Ba almost certainly will be gone by the close of the window. I guess we do need 3 strikers but if we threw the best part of the £40m we were supposed to throw at ManU at Dortmund would we get a shot at Lewandowski?
    If not I hope Jose is looking at the spirit of current Eto'o and not a spirit of Eto'o past

Eto it is so it appears.
    Surely Ba is out the door?

Panthro wrote: »
    Eto it is so it appears.
    Surely Ba is out the door?

I'm very indifferent to Eto'o, even as a stop gap I'd probably rather keep Ba for the year and go forward with our current 3.

Lukkau needs more game time and hopefully after the internationals that will be the case.

Johners article pretty much somes up my feelings about Eto'o, his game was based so much on pace that trying to adapt to the EPL at his age and missing his main asset would be very difficult IMO and given the wages he'd command it would be like pi**ing money down the drain.

Oh and the Capital 1 cup has been very kind to us, expect a very mixed squad for that game and with Utd v Liverpool thats at least 1 big team with final ambitions k/o'd at this round.

Daily mail covering every possible action in one article, talk about printing a story to fill column inches. :rolleyes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2404986/Juan-Matas-fall-grace-Chelsea-mystery.html

Our possible UCL teams, what group wouild you like and what would you want to avoid? Pot 3 has very good teams in it.
    Pot 1
    FC Bayern München (GER)
    FC Barcelona (ESP)
    Chelsea FC (ENG)
    Real Madrid CF (ESP)
    Manchester United FC (ENG)
    Arsenal FC (ENG)
    FC Porto (POR)
    SL Benfica (POR)

Pot 2
    Club Atlético de Madrid (ESP)
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)
    AC Milan (ITA)
    FC Schalke 04 (GER)
    Olympique de Marseille (FRA)
    PFC CSKA Moksva (RUS)
    Paris Saint-Germain FC (FRA)
    Juventus (ITA)

Pot 3
    FC Zenit St. Petersburg (RUS)
    Manchester City FC (ENG)
    AFC Ajax (NED)
    Borussia Dortmund (GER)
    FC Basel 1893 (SUI)
    Olympiacos FC (GRE)
    Galatasaray AŞ (TUR)
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen (GER)

Pot 4
    FC København (DEN)
    SSC Napoli (ITA)
    RSC Anderlecht (BEL)
    Celtic FC (SCO)
    FC Steaua Bucureşti (ROU)
    FC Viktoria Plzeň (CZE)
    Real Sociedad de Fútbol (ESP)
    FK Austria Wien (AUT)

I'd love to get

Chelsea
    Schalke
    Olympiacos
    Austria Wien

I'd hope to avoid

Chelsea
    PSG
    Dortmund
    Napoli

Part of my expects that we'll get Napoli or Celtic though.

Can't believe those donkeys Celtic made it through.

And Eto'o ... just sign Gazza while we're at it.

And Rooney, don't worry , I'm sure we'll get him in 5 years time when he's crap ... and for €60m

Daily mail covering every possible action in one article, talk about printing a story to fill column inches. :rolleyes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2404986/Juan-Matas-fall-grace-Chelsea-mystery.html

Even by the Daily Fails low standards that reaches new lows, very insulting as well. Mata is well advanced in his studies for an Economics degree is it and to write a sentence like this

Chelsea and Jose Mourinho deny they want to sell and Mata does not want to leave but he is intelligent and mature enough to work it out for himself.

Shows no understanding of the subject, only an ability to cut and paste what a load of trash.

On the Eto'o potential deal, its being reported as 6 or 7 million a year, Net

Which works out at 115K a week or 134k a week at the upper end which is crazy TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

On the Eto'o potential deal, its being reported as 6 or 7 million a year, Net

Which works out at 115K a week or 134k a week at the upper end which is crazy TBH.

a pay cut of 50% even crazier

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement