Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I thought Moses did really well for us last season, good luck to him at Liverpool but I don't think he will be returning to us after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Moses off up North for a season, good move for us and them.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3445390/title/moses-moves-on-loan?

I wonder is there an option to buy him next season in the lona deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I wonder is there an option to buy him next season in the lona deal.

Reports yesterday said that there wouldn't be an option to buy in the deal.

Reports yesterday said that there wouldn't be an option to buy in the deal.

If he does well I'd expect him to stay anyway, so heres hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Some save this from Thibaut, I wonder if we will ever get to see him playing for us (lots of talk RM after him)

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/on-loan-chelsea-keeper-thibaut-courtois-pulls-off-stunning-89th-minute-match-winning-save-for-atletico/?

Some save this from Thibaut, I wonder if we will ever get to see him playing for us (lots of talk RM after him)

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/on-loan-chelsea-keeper-thibaut-courtois-pulls-off-stunning-89th-minute-match-winning-save-for-atletico/?

Courtois is an amazing talent and one weshould never get rid of.

I dont think he'd play for Real giving his Atletico ties.

Apparently he has refused to sign a contract extension (2 years left after this season) as he feels he will not get first team football at the Bridge anytime soon. And of course AM will have no say in the transfer as he does not belong to them so would not surprise me, would certainly disappoint me but not surprise.

Apparently he has refused to sign a contract extension (2 years left after this season) as he feels he will not get first team football at the Bridge anytime soon. And of course AM will have no say in the transfer as he does not belong to them so would not surprise me, would certainly disappoint me but not surprise.

I cant see Jose selling Real anything in the near future TBH.

Our mistake in loaning him out again for a 3rd season was not getting him to sign an extension if thats the case.

So Liverpool have Moses, Arsenal looking for Ba, Palace after Chalobah on loan, will be able to get 6 Chelsea players into my fantasy team

I cant see Jose selling Real anything in the near future TBH.

Our mistake in loaning him out again for a 3rd season was not getting him to sign an extension if thats the case.

There was strong talk that he would only be allowed out on loan again if he did sign an extension, no idea why that did not happen.

Again it comes down to choice if he will not sign an extension then I would assume he will be sold next summer and from a business point of view highest bidder wins I would assume. Cant see TSHO having any real input into that.

• Advertisement

I reckon what will happen is Cech will become a player/coach in the future but will he want to sit on the bench at just 32, relatively young for a G.K.

There was strong talk that he would only be allowed out on loan again if he did sign an extension, no idea why that did not happen.

Again it comes down to choice if he will not sign an extension then I would assume he will be sold next summer and from a business point of view highest bidder wins I would assume. Cant see TSHO having any real input into that.

Leaves us up s**t creek though with his contract running down, although you could argue we've done nothing to nurture his talent what so ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Glad Moses will be getting game time but it kinda grates on me that he'll be getting it at Liverpool. Don't think we'll bring anyone in today although I'm dying for either a new CB or a new enforcer in midfield as I don't buy the Ramires-Lamps partnership.

Arsenal have enquired about Demba Ba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

That's about right, I'd say he'd be at the bottom of the pecking order at this point in time... hopefully there's a clause in there where he can't be played against us :pac:

Johner wrote: »
    Arsenal have enquired about Demba Ba.

They can f**king have him for nothing if they want, useless beyond belief.
    Saadyst wrote: »
    That's about right, I'd say he'd be at the bottom of the pecking order at this point in time... hopefully there's a clause in there where he can't be played against us :pac:

Those kind of clauses are standard now a days, cant play agaisnt parent clubs with the parent club permission.

e.g. Courtois against us in the Super Cup last year.

Those kind of clauses are standard now a days, cant play agaisnt parent clubs with the parent club permission.

e.g. Courtois against us in the Super Cup last year.

Only in premier league do loanees not appear against their parent club, in European competition players are registered to a club for the length of the loan period and can play against whom ever when chosen. So in theory if Ba leaves to go to Arsenal and we meet them in the Champions or Europa league then he can play against us.

Only in premier league do loanees not appear against their parent club, in European competition players are registered to a club for the length of the loan period and can play against whom ever when chosen. So in theory if Ba leaves to go to Arsenal and we meet them in the Champions or Europa league then he can play against us.

I did not know that, although with all the variables to factor in, it looks unlikely we'd play Arsenal in Europe this season IMO.

It is amazing how much useless information you pick up as you go along, useful stuff now that gets forgotten almost instantly ha ah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Only seen him play a couple of times for you guys, he does look very poor, really slow on the ball. Even Torres looks better than him

Mail reporting Khedira interest with no quotes, fees or anything of note, must have taken it from Twitter and one I'd put in the realms of fantasy football until something concrete is reported.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2408760/Chelsea-target-Sami-Khedira-Real-Madrid-overhaul-continues.html

Only seen him play a couple of times for you guys, he does look very poor, really slow on the ball. Even Torres looks better than him

I'd take Torres everyday instead of Ba anyway, at least Torres has being invovled with some of our better football.

This also means Lukaku get smore game time so that alone is worth him going out of Stamford Bridge.

Another twist, well of the fake type, Liverpool ahve bid 25 million for Mata according to some Twitter account.

LOL at the figure 1st off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Another twist, well of the fake type, Liverpool ahve bid 25 million for Mata according to some Twitter account.

LOL at the figure 1st off.

If they did, I'd love for RA to come out on twitter and say "What are they smoking over there at Anfield?"

Sam Hutchinson joins Vitesse Arnhem on loan for the season. Another one to Vitesse!

• Advertisement

Mata to PSG doing the rounds.

Perfect, 90 million please.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Not unreasonable if Bale is worth 100

So is Ozil to PSG trying to scupper the Arsenal bid

BBC have dismissed the Liverpool rumours anyway.

Mail reporting Khedira interest with no quotes, fees or anything of note, must have taken it from Twitter and one I'd put in the realms of fantasy football until something concrete is reported.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2408760/Chelsea-target-Sami-Khedira-Real-Madrid-overhaul-continues.html

Its probably a load of hogwash at this late stage but you never know since they signed that Illaramendi lad.. would love Khedira at the bridge. That said, if Chalobah can't get a loan move idk if we really need anyone. Forgot that he and Kalas were still in the squad.

• Advertisement

Sam Rhodes on Twitter has said Chalobah has gone to QPR on loan.

Sam Rhodes on Twitter has said Chalobah has gone to QPR on loan.

Sam Rhodes is a fake account. Hope he goes to Palace.

Johner wrote: »
    Sam Rhodes is a fake account. Hope he goes to Palace.

Hes done well to get 17k followers if hes a fake a/c :pac:

Either which way, a loan to a very good championship side or EPL side would be the desire for Chalobah.

Hes done well to get 17k followers if hes a fake a/c :pac:

Either which way, a loan to a very good championship side or EPL side would be the desire for Chalobah.

If Chal was going back to the Championship surely Watford and Franco would be favourites, personally think he is good enough for premiership so Palace or Fulham for me.

I really hope this report is hogwash

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league/31486-chelsea-transfers-late-hulk-bid-lined-up.php

If Chal was going back to the Championship surely Watford and Franco would be favourites, personally think he is good enough for premiership so Palace or Fulham for me.

I really hope this report is hogwash

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league/31486-chelsea-transfers-late-hulk-bid-lined-up.php

That sportsdirect website has being churning stories like that out all day.

Nothing to see in that.

Willian was our last supporting player we're going to buy for about 2 windows I reckon, next priority is a CB, CM and CF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

His Atletico ties are merely as a player. I'd say he doesn't give a toss about the divide like local players might.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Surely Mata won't be sold.

.......surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Ill cry :(

2c2dbc78e1d613922b0857a946064d45.png

Sky Italy are notorious BS merchants but I couldn't resist posting this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Legion. wrote: »

Sky Italy are notorious BS merchants but I couldn't resist posting this.

Haha also they're reporting that Kaka is goin to AC Milan for nothing having left 4 years ago for 60m......oh wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I won't be happy if Lukaku is sent out on loan again, surely he deserves a chance after 17 league goals for an average West Brom side.

Won't be happy with Eto'o, Torres and Ba as our strikers, really don't think thats good enough if we want to win the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Is there any way of shutting this window before the club commits such insanity?

Has Ba gone yet?? Anyone but bloody Lukaku

Chelsea dont wanna sell Ba to Arsenal as theyre a rival......jesus christ. Thats lukaku on loan again anyway. ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Oddschecker showing Lukaku @ 1/2 to leave (loan) during the summer transfer window :(:mad::(:mad:

Im really hoping we dont leave Lukaku go. His last act to miss a peno in the super cup would be a pain for the lad. hope he stays.

Ba to spurs maybe......according to a reporter at the ground.

Lukaku to west brom on loan again apparently....ffs. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Lukaku to west brom on loan again apparently....ffs. :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement