Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

FA Cup replay. Chelsea V Brentford Sunay 17th Feb @ 12:00 on ITV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Apparently there has been a flood of bets on 'The Radio' as our new manager.

I'd love to see Gus back at The Bridge but worry he'll get the same treatment as RDM :(

ODDSCHECKER

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

****ing joke Rafa is gone now:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭DryCleanOnly

Oh sweet baby Jesus, Can we just get Guus back now please

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Bye rafa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Reading were the worst team we have played this season, not a shot on goal until about the 80th minute and we still managed to draw 2-2. ****ing ****

At least spuds and arsenal drew so it's as you were.

We could easily be second this season but for the pathetic dropping of points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Rafa won’t survive much longer – good riddance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

How does Benitez record stack up against recent managers now? Win percentage of around 50% isn't he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

2 nil up and my stream crashed thought easy to see out the game.
    Looked like a fight for second was on and a bigger gap to 4th.
    Just don't expect to give a 2 goal lead away after the game at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

No manager worth a spit is going to jump ship mid-season - Guus at Anzhi, Ancelotti at PSG. We're stuck with Rafa until the end of the season, the players know it, and it shows.

anyone else having problems with the shed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

dooferoaks wrote: »
    How does Benitez record stack up against recent managers now? Win percentage of around 50% isn't he?

Surely has to be worse than Di Matteo's.

Who do we speak to to stop games on Wednesday nights?

I haven't seen the game, just followed online but these are worrying times. Best hope now is United beat Madrid and Jose can come to the bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Money in the bank :pac:

Ye can blame me if we dont win. :eek:

It's all your fault Gav :mad::(:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

DazMarz wrote: »
    As someone said, the words "should be beating them" has been bandied about far too much this season.

The following teams it has been said about:

QPR
    Corinthians
    Brentford
    West Brom
    Swansea
    Fulham
    West Ham
    Southampton

These were games that we only drew or lost when we would/should have been favourites and should have won. But we didn't. No point in crying over spilt milk, but it is a bit sick when you look at some of the teams who have taken the scalp of the European Champions, or who have at least put it up to us and come away with a draw.

What makes it all the more galling is when you look at some of the teams we have beaten this season. We could go out an beat a huge team, then go out and struggle against a much lesser side. It's just infuriating.

There are actually no games left that we can take anything for granted anymore. None.

Those deadly words came back to haunt us again... "should be beating them".

It is so sick to think that Reading had 2 shots on target, and got 2 goals out of it. Deja vu of the Capital One Cup tie at home to Swansea. The opposition is just painfully more clinical than we are. Sickening.

Le Fondle or La Fonzie or whatever his name is just walked through our centre backs. How much do we miss JT when he's not in the starting line-up?

Duck Soup wrote: »
    Le Fondle or La Fonzie or whatever his name is just walked through our centre backs. How much do we miss JT when he's not in the starting line-up?

why was he not in the starting lineup:confused: or even on as a sub. Reading was lobbing long balls all day, perfect for the leadership of terry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Its still 4th. at best for me.
    Phoenix wrote: »
    Anyone still think we will make 3rd?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

MUSEIST wrote: »
    why was he not in the starting lineup:confused: or even on as a sub. Reading was lobbing long balls all day, perfect for the leadership of terry.

Why bring on Ba, when we are winning, when JT is on the bench?

Why hire Benny at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

It's all very well blaming Benitez. But, to be honest, don't we have to accept that Chelsea are in this position because of Abramovich's relentless interference. The rot had really set in after the wheels came off AVB in the dressingroom. Nobody's going to give back the UCL, but the decline was in full swing this time last year.

We're stuck with Benitez till May. Let's hope we can scrape together enough points to guarantee fourth. The way it's going, it could well go down to the last weekend of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Dunno if true but rumours that he has walked out, Holland to be caretaker, got it from Shed

McDave wrote: »
    It's all very well blaming Benitez. But, to be honest, don't we have to accept that Chelsea are in this position because of Abramovich's relentless interference. The rot had really set in after the wheels came off AVB in the dressingroom. Nobody's going to give back the UCL, but the decline was in full swing this time last year.

We're stuck with Benitez till May. Let's hope we can scrape together enough points to guarantee fourth. The way it's going, it could well go down to the last weekend of the season.

I dont think you can blame Roman for this one.
    The players shoud have been able to see it out at 2-1, let alone 2-0.
    After all, 3 of the defenders held Barca

There really is no excuse for not holding onto 2 nil leads, second time in just a few weeks. Shocking stuff:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

smuckers wrote: »
    Dunno if true but rumours that he has walked out, Holland to be caretaker, got it from Shed

Wishful thinking?

smuckers wrote: »

I really wish that were true

Put Eva in charge. If she can't motivate that lot then nobody can:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

So all the protests about rafa were justified, he is a **** manager and will never be welcome at Chelsea. There was no way in hell them players were going to play for him no way he was ever going to be accepted at the bridge.

S28382 wrote: »
    So all the protests about rafa were justified, he is a **** manager and will never be welcome at Chelsea. There was no way in hell them players were going to play for him no way he was ever going to be accepted at the bridge.

and that's why it was an utterly disgraceful decision to sack RDM and appoint RB. Whoever made that decision is getting what they deserve now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

I dont think you can blame Roman for this one.
    The players shoud have been able to see it out at 2-1, let alone 2-0.
    After all, 3 of the defenders held Barca
    My point is this is a team with a serious lack of direction with very poor succession planning between one team/generation and the next. The rot really started with Mourinho's exit. It could have been retrieved somewhat, but not entirely, by keeping faith in Ancelotti. But now it's gone to pot.

The players don't give a shít because the manager doesn't give a shít. The full extent of his homework on the smaller teams is to ask "Who are they?". After all, the 'worst' that can happen to Benitez is that he gets X million pounds for 6 months work instead of X million pounds for 12 months work. Hardly an incentive scheme for results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Caught the goals from a far when i was out with the buddies watching the Arsenal v Liverpool game, how many chances did we create and not score anyone able to tell me? Every time I looked they were showing a replay of a Chelsea chance, in the second half anyway.

Was Turnbull at fault for the 1st goal, looked like it for me but i was a good 50ft away and watching a 26inch TV so I could be well wrong.

This seasons buzz words came back to kill us, " should have "

With Spurs, Arsenal and City dropping points we could have dista nced ourselves from the chasing pack and tried to catch City but again stupid mistakes have cost us.

Sick of it at this stage, we cant seem to defend a lead, i was thinking they surely cant throw away another 2-0 lead in the last 7 mins?

:mad:

MUSEIST wrote: »
    and that's why it was an utterly disgraceful decision to sack RDM and appoint RB. Whoever made that decision is getting what they deserve now.

I blame in this order :

Emenalo - for giving Roman advice.

Roman - for listening and following through on the advice.

The board - for not getting rid of Emenalo long ago, hes a bluffer.

The Players/Manager/Coaching staff - all are held accountable for me, there seems to be a lack of fight and desire and every one s in cruise control until the end of the season, which is fine in May but not in bloody January.

• Advertisement

I blame in this order :

The Players/Manager/Coaching staff - all are held accountable for me, there seems to be a lack of fight and desire and every one s in cruise control until the end of the season, which is fine in May but not in bloody January.

Thats some hit list!.
    I think you forgot the tea lady and of course, the ball boy

Thats some hit list!.
    I think you forgot the tea lady and of course, the ball boy

Leave him out of it, hes been through enough. :pac:

It does seem from the outside though that players have no confidence at all in Rafa, as soon as we ship a goal we panic.

There's nobody on the pitch to calm everyone down and see out a game.

No way we would have let a 2-0 lead slip in the last 7-8 mins a few years back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Leave him out of it, hes been through enough. :pac:

It does seem from the outside though that players have no confidence at all in Rafa, as soon as we ship a goal we panic.

There's nobody on the pitch to calm everyone down and see out a game.

No way we would have let a 2-0 lead slip in the last 7-8 mins a few years back.

Under Jose, a 1 goal lead and it was game over ball burst for the opposition, we knew Chelsea would see the game out.
    I wasn't comfortable tonight until the 2nd goal went in, against Reading!!
    (Turns out it still wasn't enough)
    Times have well and truely changed I'm afraid.

I can only pray for the return of one man in the summer, I dont care what we have to do to get him back but we need The Special One back at all costs.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRaJQb9sE0E_5sy8_9vCMBD1DImmLD-2xM23SVLn2QsXQfldlRd

• Advertisement

And Mata reportedly picked up an ankle knock now too, it just gets worse! :(

I'm off to sleep someone wake me at the end of May please!

Phoenix wrote: »
    So were the lads over at the shed correct?

What was said??

What was said??

Something about Rafa walking out.

Something about Rafa walking out.

Wishful thinking I reckon.

Why would he walk when he'd be getting a pay cheque if he was pushed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

I actually walked outta the room as SPN was doing the round up of scores and it was 2-0 , 5 minutes later i walk up the stairs sit down on the pc and discover its 2-2 , shocking stuff , something has to change

For the love of god José come back to us , bring that french 19 year old with ya too , anyone see him tonight ? :O , faster than Messi

Varane? The guy is a beast, they oaid good money for him and hes only 19 I'm sure, he looks like he'll be an absolute beast of a CB in years to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Unfortunately the way the club is run there is only one man to blame for where we find ourselves now. And I dont see a way back at the moment.
    I blame in this order :

bullpost wrote: »
    Unfortunately the way the club is run there is only one man to blame for where we find ourselves now. And I dont see a way back at the moment.

Torres?? :pac: :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

I wonder will the latest signing prompt some panic-buying on deadline day? :P
    Chelsea are usually good for a last minute surprise in fairness!

By the way, the fact we actually had a bid for Butland confirmed is a bit worrying. Guessing that means Courtois is either staying at Atletico for another season, or else is off to Barca.
    I know he's too good to be a backup, but a club of Chelsea's size needs 2 top keepers. Turnbull just isn't up to scratch!
    Fergie has managed to rotate De Gea and Lindegaard this season and kept both happy - Don't see why Chels couldn't do the same.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement