Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Lukaku confims he signed for Everton on twitter. For god sake.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

R.Lukaku Bolingoli ‏@RomeluLukaku9 2m
    Signed @Everton on a season loan :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Everton deal done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Legion. wrote: »
    Lukaku confims he signed for Everton on twitter. For god sake.

Light lantern jaysis.

Torres; Eto'o; Ba?

Jose out.

Bring Rafa back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Bollox to that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Garzorico wrote: »
    Light lantern jaysis.

Torres; Eto'o; Ba?

Jose out.

Bring Rafa back.

Get outta town !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Was sicked when Sturridge was shipped out and now Lukaku. Whats with Chelsea and strikers. Really hope this don't come back to bite us as the option of Moses up front id gone also

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Garzorico wrote: »
    Light lantern jaysis.

Torres; Eto'o; Ba?

Jose out.

Bring Rafa back.

To blazes with that.

Eto'o; Torres; Schurrle; Blackman; Ba. Ba is a donkey. I hope this blows up in my face and he proves me wrong but I can't watch the lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Not happy about Lukaku but delighted we've still got Mata.

• Advertisement

bullpost wrote: »
    Not happy about Lukaku but delighted we've still got Mata.

lets look on the bright side of it ,

Eto is only for the season ,

Ba may be gone in Jan ,

Lukaku will be starting week in week out and will be coming back to us primed and ready to go ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

lets look on the bright side of it ,

Eto is only for the season ,

Ba may be gone in Jan ,

Lukaku will be starting week in week out and will be coming back to us primed and ready to go ,

The only way I can see Ba going is if we sign another CF.

Pressure is really on the those 3 now to start scoring reguarly.

I love watching the shambles overe at Utd concerning this transfer window, makes our club look normal.

Even the fans have gone into meltdown over it.

Moyes has to start winning games to get everyone back on side although it can be said the transfers werent handled by him and instead it was Woodward.

I actually forgot our next game is away to Everton, poor Lukaku wont be playing for awhile just yet. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Well thank God the window is closed and all that dross can be forgotten about.

Shame about Lukaku but I can only assume that after watching him closely for a few months TSHO felt he was not ready for the campaign we have ahead of us and that Everton are a step up on the baggies (no disrespect to the baggies they have an excellent manager and another Chelsea legend).

From what I can make of it Chelsea were prepared to let one striker go and in the end it was Lukaku, perhaps we set the price too high for Ba and Torres. Whatever the pressure is very much on Eto'o to hit the ground running and for Ba and Torres to hit some form (Nando in fairness played very well against Munich on Friday but one swallow does not a summer make). Moses is no loss at the moment he was dire in the league last season only doing ok in the second rate Thursday cup. He does have some potential so with a bit of luck he will do well at Liverpool. Moses and Lukaku can still do us some favours against ManC, ManU, Spurs and Arsenal.

Overall we did OK in the transfer window Andre looks a real player whilst Marco, Eto'o and Willian are non too shabby. Schwarzer is a big step up from last seasons back up keepers and the return of Kalas and KdB means we are in a much better state from a players point of view I feel. Of course we have a manager now as well I don't think he will sweep all before him as before initially but we should not be scratching around with 5 games to go hoping for a Champions League place and I would expect we will be right in the mix. The team is a little short of winning the Champions League but we were two years ago as well so it just shows anything can happen in a cup. So lots to look forward to and lets have faith in TSHO he does know what he is doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Who'd have thought missing a penalty could have such consequence..........

• Advertisement

The worse thing now is guys like Josh Mac and Chalobah have to settle for loans to the Championship for the season, unless Jose wants to keep them and play them.

Lads ,

Lukaku wanted to on loan if he was not going to be starting week in week out ,

Its a world cup year for him and he needs game time to make the squad ,

He was going to get game time from the bench but Torres is going to be number one , Jose has to give him a season , plus the guy earns 250K a week , let him bloody earn it .

Lukaku is still very young and I look forward to watching him this season to see how he progresses

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The worse thing now is guys like Josh Mac and Chalobah have to settle for loans to the Championship for the season, unless Jose wants to keep them and play them.

josh's injury was very unfortunate , could have seen him at a crystal palace or hull maybe this season

Lads ,

He was going to get game time from the bench but Torres is going to be number one , Jose has to give him a season , plus the guy earns 250K a week , let him bloody earn it .

Lukaku is still very young and I look forward to watching him this season to see how he progresses

Agree with ya but we were trying to ship Ba to keep Lukaku. We had to ship 1 more foreginer to have fall in line with the quota and it was either or really so I'm annoyed we rejected the Arsenal bid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Thanks for the lend of Lukaku can we keep him please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Techless wrote: »
    Who'd have thought missing a penalty could have such consequence..........
    Yeah, because that was the deciding factor alright.:rolleyes:
    ciaran76 wrote: »
    Nope! But if ye could further improve him and then send him back to us injury free and rearing to go, that would be sweeeeeeeeet!:pac:

ciaran76 wrote: »

Nah, just make sure he does the business against the rest of the league.

Nah, just make sure he does the business against the rest of the league.

i trust jose , he has decided after working with him for a couple of months that he needs first team football and with torres and eto at chelsea , he wont get that this season .

peteeeed wrote: »
    i trust jose , he has decided after working with him for a couple of months that he needs first team football and with torres and eto at chelsea , he wont get that this season .

He does need to be played week in week out but after his preseason you'd have thought, right here we go, a proper CF with bags of potential and then he was dropped altogether.

I wonder did he not end up going to WBA over us taking the very young and promising WBA player Izzah Brown(sp)

We know what to expect from Torres, he'll get 15 + goals if hes played and do plenty of running but could easily struggle against the best teams.

Eto'o, we know what hes capable of but will that Eto'o come to the dance is another matter, time will tell.

We'll either have pulled off a great free transfer or be stuck with a dud.

We're lucky in that we aren't solely reliant on the strikers for the goals.
    Plenty of goal threats throughout the team tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Lads ,

If that's the case you'd have to admire his maturity, Most young fellas would be blinded by the lure of the big teams. A bit gutted to loose him but it is pretty clear he needs more development, I never really feared loosing Mata he clearly has no wish to leave and Jose said at least he wants to keep him so if he desires to stay he should at least work hard this season fight for his place and if Jose genuinely doesn't fancy him try to prove him wrong, he does after all display the type of club loyalty which seems lost to the modern footballer.

He does need to be played week in week out but after his preseason you'd have thought, right here we go, a proper CF with bags of potential and then he was dropped altogether.

I wonder did he not end up going to WBA over us taking the very young and promising WBA player Izzah Brown(sp)

We know what to expect from Torres, he'll get 15 + goals if hes played and do plenty of running but could easily struggle against the best teams.

Eto'o, we know what hes capable of but will that Eto'o come to the dance is another matter, time will tell.

We'll either have pulled off a great free transfer or be stuck with a dud.

some very interesting team selections coming up starting away to everton

some very interesting team selections coming up starting away to everton

Unless Willian and Eto'o both absolutely amaze in training I cant see them starting, Everton havent started well and will be well up for this so I'd assume it will be as strong as possible with seasoned performers involved.

Very tricky game to give 2 guys their debuts, Fulham at home the week after would be a better bet, also Eto'o will be with the Cameroon squad during this break.

Mata really would be expected to start the next game, given that Torres is also not in the Spain squad you would expect them both to be playing. Willian & Eto'o on the bench I would suspect.

Mata really would be expected to start the next game, given that Torres is also not in the Spain squad you would expect them both to be playing. Willian & Eto'o on the bench I would suspect.

Hopefulyl for Matas sake anyway, he didnt start picking up form until after the break anyway so hopefully its the same this season and all players come back injury free.

We've Spurs away in a couple of weeks, a win at 3 point lane would be very welcome.

• Advertisement

Hopefulyl for Matas sake anyway, he didnt start picking up form until after the break anyway so hopefully its the same this season and all players come back injury free.

We've Spurs away in a couple of weeks, a win at 3 point lane would be very welcome.

Spurs did ok in the window getting that amount of money for a decent but no more Bale was excellent work you have to say and bought some decent players as well. That being said they are a little light upfront and the new players need to settle I think and I would expect that we will beat them handy enough.

Liverpool had a good window as well they have a very decent first team but have managed a bit of depth to go with it. Still don't see them as real title contenders but have certainly given themselves a shout at that last Champions league place if Suarez's head is in the right place.

Interesting view on things now for the league, it could be the title race will be a little more open than normal. I would expect ourselves and ManC to be fighting for the title but ManU, Spurs, Arsenal and maybe even Liverpool may not be too far behind with a decent ding dong for third and fourth place.

but yet schurlle, hazard and oscar played really well against bayern

but yet schurlle, hazard and oscar played really well against bayern

Very true but all 3 of those will be involved with their international sides so a rotation will be handy.

Oscar has played an awful lot it may be that TSHO gives him a bit of a rest before the Champions league starts. Our group should be straight forward but the games still have to be won and we will want to finish top.

Very true but all 3 of those will be involved with their international sides so a rotation will be handy.

i thought it said alot about mata before the penalty shoot out he was going around geeing everyone up , still got a big part to play this season , swindon away in the league cup and champions league starting up

Everton losing Fellaini makes this game an easier prospect,less of a threat from attacking set pieces and not as defensively strong defending them.

Also because of it, the CM positions arent as important, we could go out and play 5 creative players in the CM and suport roles behind a CF and we should blitz Everton.

Barry is a decent option but I cant see a partnership of himself and McCarthy containing us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Just opened up my FPL team to see Lukaku in an Everton shirt and a big red unavailable flag over his head................

Talk about rubbing it in! :(

RichT wrote: »
    Just opened up my FPL team to see Lukaku in an Everton shirt and a big red unavailable flag over his head................

Talk about rubbing it in! :(

I'm just looking at mine, might be time to use the wildcard. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I just bought Ozil. :(

• Advertisement

I want to bring in Ozil and Giroud but it will probably mean dropping Silva and Hazard to afford them.

Going to wait until after the internationals I think then for sure wildcard is being played, think Ozil is a must.

Going to wait until after the internationals I think then for sure wildcard is being played, think Ozil is a must.

I was looking at my team, made about 6 or 7 changes just to see what I'd have, was short by 0.1 million. :rolleyes

Waiting until after the internationals anyway.

Are you worried about FFP?
    Is there concern that our beloved club might be in the mire?
    Will Jose be able to pit his wits against Pep and Carlo in the big ears cup or will we be looking in from the sidelines?

Well read on for all these answers and more. Actually a very (long) well written piece on FFP and how it applies to Chelsea.

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2013/9/3/4683284/fair-or-foul-a-look?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

On Lukaku, I think Jose is buying time. He may have an eye on January business. If he can get what he wants then, he'll be better able to move on Torres, whose value he has to keep up in the interim - as the main striker!

If in January we have new striker - Etoo - Ba people won't complain.

Same goes for new striker - new striker - Etoo - Lukaku this time next year.

I dont think we'll move on Torres, not now if anything it would have been done weeks ago, the fact it was Ba or Lukaku and we decided to keep Ba is baffling but I'm going on the assumption that Jose knew he'd get a lot more game time with Everton then us.

I also dont think we'll be in the market in January although a few Chelsea ITK's on Twitter say its Rooney in January or next summer. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Seems Lukaku going for footballing reasons which if the case is the right decision, he seems to be upbeat about it so it should be for his & our good in the long run.

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2013/9/3/4689746/romelu-lukaku-chelsea-fc-everton-west-bromwich-albion-loan-mourinho-malaga-comments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Lot of players (I had me eye on) are slowly going up in price.
    Danny, GirouD, Mig etc etc.
    I've wildcarded. At worst I might make a few bob!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

Am i the only one who is glad Lukaku has gone to Everton?

I would love him to stay with us but only if he was going to start a good few games, but we all know that's not going to happen.

He will get a lot more playing time with everton and they have a decent squad this year so id actually prefer him to be there and be a regular starter then come back to us next year and be first choice

CarloFan ‏@CarloFan 2m
    Lukaku on his missed penalty—"My team-mates talked to me a lot at the time, and that helped." (2/2) [Daily Mail] #PreviousTweets
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
    CarloFan ‏@CarloFan 3m
    Lukaku on his missed penalty—"It was the worst thing that could have happened to me, but I was able to smile again the next day..." (1/2)
    Expand
    CarloFan ‏@CarloFan 5m
    Lukaku—"That penalty miss against Bayern has not affected my confidence. I drove straight home afterwards, because I had to clear my head."
    Expand
    CarloFan ‏@CarloFan 7m
    Lukaku on #EFC loan—"Eto’o signing for #CFC didn’t influence my decision, because I was already behind Torres in the pecking order anyway."

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement