Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I think Monaco will be the acid test for FFP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

greendom wrote: »

Somebody posted a link recently that showed PSG's accounts with an income of 150million under "others" thats a pie in the sky figure that basically covered their losses, the same article was sure it would fall foul under financial doping but I do agree, Monaco and to a lesser extent PSG will at some stage I'd expect to get a backlash from the FFP.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Somebody posted a link recently that showed PSG's accounts with an income of 150million under "others" thats a pie in the sky figure that basically covered their losses, the same article was sure it would fall foul under financial doping but I do agree, Monaco and to a lesser extent PSG will at some stage I'd expect to get a backlash from the FFP.

Yes PSG too, but if they can regularly get to the latter stages of the CL they have a huge potential in being the only top flight team in Paris. There is very little potential for Monaco to develop their supporter base and therefore other income that does not come from their sugar daddies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Yea that was myself there Gav, PSG will be interesting than Manaco me thinks it does appear there will be a problem with the sponsorship from Dubai tourism or whoever it was. Like Monaco they are of course French but why I think it will be interesting is because Platini jnr works for them.

It wasn't brought in to be specifically anti any English club. It was brought in to stop football clubs becoming over-dependent on their owners largesse, but to be more self reliant.

Other clubs had been banned before the Kakuta issue, and the ban was actually issued by FIFA.

I was referring to both UEFA & FIFA if you read the original post, they are as bad as each other.

In many interviews (the most recent with Martin Samual in the Daily Fail which for them was actually an excellent interview and article) Platini refers specifically to ManC and Chelsea and has said that its orginal concept was because of Roman and Chelsea. If you have not read the article it would be worthwhile digging it out as it is clear Platini does not have a clue how FFP is actually going to work (and he does admit that). When tackled on how FFP will actucally keep the big clubs big and the small clubs small he seemed confused and when why FFP does not relate to the fair distribution of TV monies in Spain he was very wishy washy indeed.

• Advertisement

Yes PSG too, but if they can regularly get to the latter stages of the CL they have a huge potential in being the only top flight team in Paris. There is very little potential for Monaco to develop their supporter base and therefore other income that does not come from their sugar daddies.

Thats Monacos main problem is the fan base and their inability to generate revenue other then whats put in.

PSG have the UCL and an unchallenged league title as well to fall back on but will it be enough to keep them on the right side of the FFP?

Time will tell.

Thats Monacos main problem is the fan base and their inability to generate revenue other then whats put in.

PSG have the UCL and an unchallenged league title as well to fall back on but will it be enough to keep them on the right side of the FFP?

Time will tell.

Teams have had a long run-in period to assess (and more importantly get their lawyers to assess). The fact that PSG and Monaco are flouting the rules so obviously seems to suggest that they, at least, do not seem overly bothered by them and that any punishment can be successfully challenged.

Teams have had a long run-in period to assess (and more importantly get their lawyers to assess). The fact that PSG and Monaco are flouting the rules so obviously seems to suggest that they, at least, do not seem overly bothered by them and that any punishment can be successfully challenged.

That will be interesting anyway, you're money would have to be on the French 2 to be the 1st to breach any rules and considering both their stocks have risen, in the media anyway, any sanction would be well within the public eye.

FFP is already before the courts with a case been taken by the same legal eagle who won the Bosman case, general opinion seems to be once again UEFA are in conflict with European law. If that is the case then Platini and anyone involved with FFP in UEFA should either resign or be sacked. On the upside Chelsea should have no problem with them at all.

But on the original point how do Barca get away time after time flouting the tapping laws?

In Luizs case it looks like they made a bid buit also Neymar and Alves have had words with him.

If it happened on International duty I'm not sure anything can be done, whats to stop players talking in general, regarding their own club and such.

We've got done for it with Cole and Kakuta but it happens all the time I'm willing to bet, theres too many people invovled in transfers for it not just to be the players, agents and club.

• Advertisement

But on the original point how do Barca get away time after time flouting the tapping laws?

Do the clubs on the receiving end officially complain ? As Lens did with Kakuta ?

I am not sure what the protocol is, if as you suggest the receiving team has to complain I hope we do.

It is worth noting that Lens did accept the "pre-contract agreement" they had with Kakuta was not binding therefore Chelsea were in fact within their rights to approach the player.

I am not sure what the protocol is, if as you suggest the receiving team has to complain I hope we do.

It is worth noting that Lens did accept the "pre-contract agreement" they had with Kakuta was not binding therefore Chelsea were in fact within their rights to approach the player.

I would imagine that would be the protocol, or else how would FIFA have anything to investigate?

I would imagine that would be the protocol, or else how would FIFA have anything to investigate?

Yea that's a fair point. I suppose most clubs to one degree or another do it but Barca seem so blatant about it leaving Mata, Luiz and now Courtois aside there is Helb and Fabregas at Arsenal. Villa whebn he was at Valencia though it is lovely to see them take such a huge financial hit on that.

I really do dislike that team :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

What are yer thoughts on Willian starting next weekend?

I don't know anything about him, but I assume he'll be playing in the hole behind Eto'o?
    Don't kill me if everything I just said is wrong.. I'm not a Chelsea fan

Danger781 wrote: »
    What are yer thoughts on Willian starting next weekend?

I don't know anything about him, but I assume he'll be playing in the hole behind Eto'o?
    Don't kill me if everything I just said is wrong.. I'm not a Chelsea fan

I reckon Willian has a chance of starting, Eto'o no chance.

Reason being, Williand and Torres are both not on International duty so will be fresh and I'd expect him to play wide left or right, Oscar has pretty much cemented the CAM position, although he is on International duty so Mata could play there.

Its very toug to 2nd guess Jose this early in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I reckon Willian has a chance of starting, Eto'o no chance.

Reason being, Williand and Torres are both not on International duty so will be fresh and I'd expect him to play wide left or right, Oscar has pretty much cemented the CAM position, although he is on International duty so Mata could play there.

Its very toug to 2nd guess Jose this early in the season.

So you reckon it will be Torres up front, with Oscar sitting behind him?

Danger781 wrote: »
    So you reckon it will be Torres up front, with Oscar sitting behind him?

I wouldnt bet my FF life on it anyway but Torres upfront, barring an injury is nearly nailed on I'd say.

It is very hard to 2nd gues though but I'd be inclined to bring back Luiz into my team if I was doing anything.

I'd expect Chelsea to lineup against Everton

Cech
    Ivan Luiz JT Cole
    Ramires Lamps
    Mata Oscar Hazard
    Torres

Subs :
    Schwarzer
    Azp
    Cahill
    Van Ginkel
    Schurrle
    Willian
    Eto'o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

We won't hold him much longer so unless Cech has a bad season, if Barca want him as no 1 they will probably get him. We could always shell out on Ter Stegen then.
    Duck Soup wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

bullpost wrote: »
    We won't hold him much longer so unless Cech has a bad season, if Barca want him as no 1 they will probably get him. We could always shell out on Ter Stegen then.

Thats a bit defeatist, he won't necessarily chose them over us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I'd be really disappointed if he were to be sold. He's not played a game at the club, and while I'm sure there's a profit to be made that profit is not enough to discard the long term future choice for number 1. He's the outstanding young goalkeeper in any major league, the club did brilliantly to sign him when they did, why let him go and then in a few years look for second best?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

I'd be really disappointed if he were to be sold. He's not played a game at the club, and while I'm sure there's a profit to be made that profit is not enough to discard the long term future choice for number 1. He's the outstanding young goalkeeper in any major league, the club did brilliantly to sign him when they did, why let him go and then in a few years look for second best?

Not sure the club will have much choice. He's been at Atletico the whole time - he may simply choose not to renew his contract with Chelsea. He certainly doesn't want to warm the bench. So unless Cech is on his way out...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Saadyst wrote: »
    Not sure the club will have much choice. He's been at Atletico the whole time - he may simply choose not to renew his contract with Chelsea. He certainly doesn't want to warm the bench. So unless Cech is on his way out...

It's one that Mourinho will really have to think over at the summer. In the long term is it worth losing Courtois? He's younger and he's already one of the best goalkeepers in the world. He's built a big reputation in Spain and would be an excellent replacement for Valdes (not an easy task).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

It's a proper conundrum I think.
    On one hand we have Cech, who I still rate as a top keeper with a few more years in him at the top level. One only needs to go back to the Super Cup game where he pulled off a sting of top drawer saves.
    On the other hand we have one of the most promising keepers out there at the minute, and you can't really keep loaning him out either.
    Next season, Rotate them? Or put the youth in for the Premiership games and the old head in for the other cup games?
    It's both a wonder and horrible predicament to be in IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Duck Soup wrote: »

Where did they say that?;)

Is there a list somewhere of who is on international duty this week and who is with the squad, and if any country is back late Brazil for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

The only two options I'd want for Courtois would be more loans or a reasonable buyback clause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I actually detest international breaks...... :( :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Is there a list somewhere of who is on international duty this week and who is with the squad, and if any country is back late Brazil for example.

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2013/9/5/4698798/chelsea-players-on-international-duty-how-when-to-watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Bertser wrote: »
    The only two options I'd want for Courtois would be more loans or a reasonable buyback clause.

It's a bullet that TSO is going to have to bite, before the beginning of next season.

Courtois is one of the finest goalkeepers in the world - not potentially, but right now - and we can't keep loaning him out and expect him to retain a sense of belonging or loyalty to Chelsea.

It's simple enough. Courtois comes back for the 2014-15 campaign and Cech drops to the bench. The goalkeeping slot is then largely assured/sorted for the next 10 years. It just requires to the stones to move Cech either sideways or out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Great song ha. :pac:

• Advertisement

I hate international break. :(

Especially when the Irish team have a stinker and its not going to get much better I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I hate international break. :(

Especially when the Irish team have a stinker and its not going to get much better I reckon.

Makes me depressed about football and then it's over and it's all sunshine lollipops

duploelabs wrote: »
    Makes me depressed about football and then it's over and it's all sunshine lollipops

Try being up there on Friday night, started ok, got better with the goal and ended up depressed.

TBH if Ireland were playing in the back garden I would shut the blinds.

I do hope the injuries reported about Haz, Oscar & Eto'o are minor

• Advertisement

Its painful following the Irish team TBF. :(

Well the thing about the injuries at least we have quality back up anyway so its not like theyed be missed, if those players missed games last season it would be the end of the world, not so much this season.

Juan Matas blog : http://blogs.grada360.com/juanmata/en/2013/09/09/nueva-temporada-nuevas-metas/

He mentions oicking up an injury at the start of preseason but other then that he doesnt really mention Jose, only that he wnats to improve as a player.

Its an interesting season ahead for the little man.

Happy Birthday Oscar still only 22 some career ahead of him

Happy Birthday Oscar still only 22 some career ahead of him

22 Brazilian caps too already, couold be a brilliant succesor to Kakas crown.

Just checked Neymar, 40 caps at 21. :eek:

Happy Birthday to our hottest player phwoar

tumblr_msv91msiEm1qc7skwo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_msv01u4oZk1rd1zkyo7_250.gif
    tumblr_msv01u4oZk1rd1zkyo5_250.gif
    tumblr_mstzx2iyt01s5tmdeo4_500.jpg
    tumblr_mlfeqblogy1s9mr1to1_250.jpg
    Oscar12.png

Don't worry I only do this once a year :eek::eek::D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Anyone else see Terry do this at the weekend :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

super frankie lampard, 100 caps for england today

Mirror saying Barca will be back in for Luiz in January. :rolleyes:

Did they not miss Luiz saying a few days ago he turned them down and was staying here?

So it looks like Eto'o is walking out of the Cameroon team, all the better for us I guess.

Will he start on Saturday?

Mirror saying Barca will be back in for Luiz in January. :rolleyes:

Did they not miss Luiz saying a few days ago he turned them down and was staying here?

Barca doing what Barca does trying to unsettle the player and get him on the cheap. We should start sniffing around Messi for the craic

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement