Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Barca doing what Barca does trying to unsettle the player and get him on the cheap. We should start sniffing around Messi for the craic

Didnt some russian team try buy him and met his buy out clause but he said no way.

I'll try find a link.

EDIT : It was Anzhi only a few months ago, imagine it, they would have sold him this summer if they got him. :pac:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2254006/Lionel-Messi-turns-460-000-week-leave-Barcelona.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Seems like Barca and their buddies in the Spanish press doing what they can to unsettle Courtois as well

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/mourinho-begins-barcelona-talk-to-bring-e10m-a-season-victor-valdes-to-chelsea-sport/?

So it seems like TSHO has lost all his marbles whilst in Madrid in that he wants to replace two world class goalkeepers with at best an average goalkeeper who is also older than the other two. Perhaps Barca will get Luiz, Petr & Courtois in part exchange for Valdes.

Where do people get off writing this muck, I have said it before Barca need to be brought to book with their direct and indirect tapping of players it is nothing short of disgraceful.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Didnt some russian team try buy him and met his buy out clause but he said no way.

I'll try find a link.

EDIT : It was Anzhi only a few months ago, imagine it, they would have sold him this summer if they got him. :pac:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2254006/Lionel-Messi-turns-460-000-week-leave-Barcelona.html

Ah we would never get him but would be nice to try and upset Barca a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I'll try find a link.

Wasn't it the sugar daddy of PSG and Barcelona's approach of one of their players

Seems like Barca and their buddies in the Spanish press doing what they can to unsettle Courtois as well

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/mourinho-begins-barcelona-talk-to-bring-e10m-a-season-victor-valdes-to-chelsea-sport/?

So it seems like TSHO has lost all his marbles whilst in Madrid in that he wants to replace two world class goalkeepers with at best an average goalkeeper who is also older than the other two. Perhaps Barca will get Luiz, Petr & Courtois in part exchange for Valdes.

Where do people get off writing this muck, I have said it before Barca need to be brought to book with their direct and indirect tapping of players it is nothing short of disgraceful.

If dropping of Casillas has thought me anythign its that Jose likes keepers to command the box you dont get that with Valdes so why sell Cech at 6'6 or Courtois 6'7 to be replaced by Valdes?

Its LOLtastic both our keepers are better then Valdes, what they need is a sweeper keeper in essence and neither are in that mould, I'm sure they've some kid that could do the job if their Mastelia (sp) is up to scratch, I'd say Reina will go back next year afetr his loan with Napoli.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Wasn't it the sugar daddy of PSG and Barcelona's approach of one of their players

That was a threat if Barca were to trigger T.Silva's buy out clause that one of them made AFAIK.

If dropping of Casillas has thought me anythign its that Jose likes keepers to command the box you dont get that with Valdes so why sell Cech at 6'6 or Courtois 6'7 to be replaced by Valdes?

Its LOLtastic both our keepers are better then Valdes, what they need is a sweeper keeper in essence and neither are in that mould, I'm sure they've some kid that could do the job if their Mastelia (sp) is up to scratch, I'd say Reina will go back next year afetr his loan with Napoli.

Yay and now Mundo are up and running this time Courtois being Chelsea keeper next season and Petr going to Barca (apparently).

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/barcelona-want-chelsea-keeper-petr-cech-to-replace-victor-valdes-mundo-deportivo/?

Keeping two world class keepers happy will be some job for TSHO next season but I would have thought he would want Courtois on a longer contract and for him to prove himself in the premiership before letting Petr move on maybe in 2015. There would still be a lot of footie left in Petr at that stage but I think one would have to go.

Yay and now Mundo are up and running this time Courtois being Chelsea keeper next season and Petr going to Barca (apparently).

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/barcelona-want-chelsea-keeper-petr-cech-to-replace-victor-valdes-mundo-deportivo/?

Keeping two world class keepers happy will be some job for TSHO next season but I would have thought he would want Courtois on a longer contract and for him to prove himself in the premiership before letting Petr move on maybe in 2015. There would still be a lot of footie left in Petr at that stage but I think one would have to go.

I'd like to see Courtiois to go on loan to a premiership club first to see how he deals with the different style of play (remember how long it took De Gea to settle in?), first year with a lower level and then the second with a middle upper (much like Lukaku) then we can look at our options

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

I'd like to see Courtiois to go on loan to a premiership club first to see how he deals with the different style of play (remember how long it took De Gea to settle in?), first year with a lower level and then the second with a middle upper (much like Lukaku) then we can look at our options

Agree with you. He looks an excellent keeper in Spain but over there he doesn't face the same level of high balls and crosses he'd get in EPL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I think he is world class and will hopefully be returning from a successful world cup campaign with Belgium next summer, he is streets ahead of de Gea in terms of his success and experience before moving to England were he to come next year.

Cant see us having that luxury if he does not sign another contract he is gone by then I think we will need to take the plunge.

I think he is world class and will hopefully be returning from a successful world cup campaign with Belgium next summer, he is streets ahead of de Gea in terms of his success and experience before moving to England were he to come next year.

Ya, De Gea is a very good g.k. and hes improved so much since his rocky start but Courtois is a different beast altogether, taller, physically bigger, Belgian number 1, although with Casillas ahead of ya thats impossible to dislodge.

Courtois will go down as one of the greatest g.k.'s of all time if he keeps up his progression so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

peteeeed wrote: »

If you had to, if, which one would you ditch?

Cech, same thing that happened to Cudicni really, a younger, ezcellent prospect was coming in.

Although I cant see us selling Cech to Barca at all.

I'm not sure Jose would sell them to much TBH.

• Advertisement

Much as I think he is a great keeper would let Petr go as well.

I can understand why Barca would want him (same as pretty much any other club would I am sure the queue would be long for his services) they have no defence worthy of the name and Valdes would not inspire any great confidence.

Petr has been great for us if he wanted to go to Barca and they offered whatever we feel is reasonable then would not be fair to stand in his way. Making Barca a better team is almost mortal sin in my book but I think we would owe it to Petr.

i would love cech to be given a player coach role but i cant see that happening

Cant wait for the Everton game to roll around now.

Hazard might be in contention to play but I'd say Jose, if he can, might rest him to keep him fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Interesting comments from Roberto Carlos about the character of Samuel Eto'o and the apparent insistence that Chelsea take him as part of the Willian deal!

http://sulia.com/channel/soccer/f/cbae1734-56a2-4a85-b5f4-c41269da9ac6/?source=twitter&repost=120
    Roberto Carlos: Samuel Eto'o 'did everything at Anzhi, except play football'.

I think the dogs on the street knew he was going there for a pay cheque.

Going to London for less money, although still stupidly high and to play in a better league and team is something any pro would want.

I couldnt care really as long as he does the business on the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

That was a threat if Barca were to trigger T.Silva's buy out clause that one of them made AFAIK.
    Ah we would never get him but would be nice to try and upset Barca a bit.

The problem there lads is you can match the buyout clause but Messi won't go. Empty threats really with no risk of upset...

Sky are showing the Swindon match on the 24th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Hazard should be fit for Saturday nights game at Everton according to the Daily Mail.

dfx- wrote: »
    The problem there lads is you can match the buyout clause but Messi won't go. Empty threats really with no risk of upset...

I dont imagine Messi looking to leave or being oushed out, if he does go it will be back home I'd imagine as the money the guys made from football so far is excellent hes won it all bar the WC so trophies in other countries wont bother him I reckon.
    Techless wrote: »
    Sky are showing the Swindon match on the 24th

Good news, more Chelsea games the better :D
    RichT wrote: »
    Hazard should be fit for Saturday nights game at Everton according to the Daily Mail.

Hopefully, makes picking the team harded though.

I'd love to see

Cech
    Azp Luiz JT Cole
    Ramires Oscar
    Hazard Mata Willian
    Torres

But as will happen all to often, you'll never manage to nail down a Chelsea XI.

Extra Cardiff tickets on sale to tune of 1.5k.

Basle tickets also available.

Hoping to get over this side of Christmas anyway.

dfx- wrote: »

Never underestimate the power of money. Messi is not short of a few bob but who expected Figo to move from Barca to RM? After his well publicised tax problems in Spain maybe a few years earning buckets of tax free dosh in Monaco might be appealing as well.

Whilst something may be unlikely, even very unlikely, don't be so cock sure it is impossible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Stranger things have happened but I doubt it. They practically reared him. Paid his medical bills to transform him from potential hobbit to world superstar etc.
    Never underestimate the power of money. Messi is not short of a few bob but who expected Figo to move from Barca to RM? After his well publicised tax problems in Spain maybe a few years earning buckets of tax free dosh in Monaco might be appealing as well.

Whilst something may be unlikely, even very unlikely, don't be so cock sure it is impossible.

Some facts on the eve of the game on Saturday.
    The Toffees have averaged the highest possession figure in the 2013-14 Barclays Premier League season so far (64.1%).

Chelsea have won just two of their last 10 Barclays Premier League trips to Merseyside (W2 D2 L6).

Should Everton fail to win this match, it’ll be only the fourth time in the last 43 seasons that the Toffees have not won any of their first four league games of a season.

Everton have drawn their first three league games of 2013-14 – only three sides in Barclays Premier League history have drawn their opening four.

Romelu Lukaku was the only player in the Premier League last season to score 4+ goals with his left foot, right foot & head. However, he will be ineligible for this game against his parent club.

During his time at City, only Michael Carrick (8125) attempted more passes than Gareth Barry (7561) in the Premier League.

The Toffees have averaged 519 passes per game so far under Roberto Martinez in the Premier League – up from 416 per game last season under David Moyes.

Only West Ham (6) and Everton (5) have allowed fewer opposition shots on target than Chelsea (8) so far this season.

Roberto Martinez has won just one of his last 11 games as a manager in the Barclays Premier League (W1 D6 L4).

All 10 of the scoring opportunities Eden Hazard has created for his team-mates this season have come from open play.

Our record on Merseyside hasnt been great, I remember we won last year was it 2-1 but we really robbed it if I'm remembering the correct game and year, I think it was a Lampard double.

I know it was posted yesterday but for me, theres a slight difference between R.Carlos ability to deal with players then compared to say, J.Mourinho.

I hope Eto'o works out anyway, if he has a good season he'll probably get an extension.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10302796/Chelsea-striker-Samuel-Etoo-damaging-to-team-spirit-says-former-Anzhi-Makhachkala-manager-Roberto-Carlos.html

Extra Cardiff tickets on sale to tune of 1.5k.

Basle tickets also available.

Hoping to get over this side of Christmas anyway.

Going over for the Cardiff game, hoping to see a few of the new faces play.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

Have to say I don't think Eto was a good signing at this stage of his career with the money he is on, shocked at Mourinho tbh.

Techless wrote: »
    Going over for the Cardiff game, hoping to see a few of the new faces play.

Tickets do seem to be flying out the gate although its early doors and the team is very promising and we've Jose back that will encourage a few more over I reckon.
    Have to say I don't think Eto was a good signing at this stage of his career with the money he is on, shocked at Mourinho tbh.

Hes free and he halved his wages and its only for a year, evveryone knows understands it was Rooney or bust, we didnt get Rooney but we've managed to get Eto'o not bad for the 9 months of the footballing season, if this was old Chelsea we'd have paid him his full wages and had him on a 3 year contract.

Our record isnt great against Everton away, hopefully another 3 points now tomorrow will help us push on after the international break.

From the site : http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3455429/title/homing-in-on-stamford-bridge

Today (Thursday), the Premier League is showcasing some of the best matchday offers its 20 clubs provide.

At Chelsea, we pride ourselves on the range of options available to our supporters for home matches and in line with the Premier League's highlights, feature a selection here.

Ticket prices at Stamford Bridge, home to London's most central club, were frozen for the 2013/14 season, the sixth time in eight seasons we have made this commitment to fans.

Tickets for Barclays Premier League matches are available on a match-by-match basis to our adult members for as little as £36, with adult season tickets in the family section starting at £595, which works out at just over £31 per game.

Eighteen out of 19 games last season sold out in home fan, non-hospitality sections and our average attendance was over 99 per cent of capacity. Across all Premier League clubs last season, 95.3 per cent of seats were sold.

To cater for younger supporters, here at Chelsea we recently raised the upper age limit for junior tickets from 16 to 18, and after consultation with our Fans' Forum, are reviewing the possibility of raising this further to 21.
    Season tickets for juniors and seniors in the family section start at £285, the equivalent of £15 per match.

Young fans can also benefit from reduced-price tickets for FA Cup (£15), Capital One Cup (£12.50) and Champions League group stages (£17.50) around the whole stadium, as can adults who pay between £25 and £35 for those games.

Junior membership costs just £15, and gives priority access to match tickets, a members' pack with exclusive items, a Bridge Kids magazine and other benefits.

Additionally, 50 tickets for every home game are given away free as part of our on-going commitment to Tickets For Troops, which supports the important work of the British Armed Forces.

Once inside the Bridge, we offer a wide range of entertainment and refreshment even before the football begins.

An award-winning, 76-page Chelsea matchday programme costs just £3, a price unchanged since 2000, with season subscriptions also available for £70, including free delivery in the UK. Digital versions are also available, priced at £2.99, and available on a range of platforms.

Refreshments include a pie and a cup of tea for a combined £6, while we offer a variety of food and drinks offers around the stadium.

For junior Blues, we offer free entry to the recently renovated Chelsea Museum on matchdays, while offering giveaways at every home game, including Match Attax cards, banging sticks and club magazines.

We also have balloon modellers and face painters on site to complete the Chelsea look, with the opportunity of meeting our mascots, Stamford and Bridget, prior to kick-off in the family stand, where we also house a number of X-Box consoles allowing the stars of tomorrow to emulate those of today on the EA SPORTS FIFA series.

We are also proud to have one of the Premier League's most committed away supports, with our travelling supporters selling out 99.5% of the seat allocation received for our league matches last season.

To say 'thank you' to our fans in a time of increased financial burden, last month we announced we would be providing subsidised travel to a minimum of 10 away matches this season, outside of London.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Can't wait for the game tomorrow, 5.30 kick off on Sky. Goodison is never an easy place to go but last season was a good visit!

I'm expecting questions about deadline day, Eto'o & Willian and Everton under Martinez.

They've not won a game yet in the league, knowing our luck on Merseyside it will be us, didnt Jose 1st loss in England come against Everton?

Drogba had a goal ruled out for offside when he was onside and Jose wasnt happy I think?

EDIT : I think that game was a 1-1 I'm thinking of.

Heres Jose record at Everton.

2.3pts/game, 1.7gls/game, Win ratio: 67 per cent.

Jose Mourinho says nobody has come back with problems after the internationals. Every player is available.
    Eto is selected for the squad and is likely to play some part in the Everton match, hes well adapted to the needs of the Premier League and the way Chelsea now play.

Romelu Lukaku was keen to go on loan as he wants to play every weekend. He says the player is a great kid.

juan mata is a player I like a lot and trust, and he will fight for positions in the team like everybody else.

I've brought Eto'o into my FF team so I'm expecting him to be benched for about a month before getting any action. :pac:

• Advertisement

Really in two minds about that myself if he is anywhere near as good as Barca or Inter Eto'o a bag load of goals are sure to follow and he does not have a lot of competition at Chelsea. But that said even if he started every game I would nearly bet he would finish none.

Really in two minds about that myself if he is anywhere near as good as Barca or Inter Eto'o a bag load of goals are sure to follow and he does not have a lot of competition at Chelsea. But that said even if he started every game I would nearly bet he would finish none.

Its evident that our CF has to break his balls to help the team and will result in whoever it is being knackered after about 70 odd mins, if you couple in Torres and Eto'os main strength in trying to getbehind defences that will kill their stamina also.

As long they're putting in a shift and we win I'm not pushed, the 5 support players in egenral have enough to trouble any team so goals will come from all angles.

Interesting from Jose :
    'He will be selected,' confirmed Mourinho. 'When you are selected and you're a striker, normally you play. You start or you finish the game. My attacking players, when I select them, normally they play, because it's an area where I make more changes during the match. Normally, he will play his first minutes for Chelsea in the Premier League.

'Normally I start with one striker,' Mourinho said. 'A few times I can start with two. Normally I start with one but many times I finish with two.

Also this on youngsters coming through to play for the Enlgish national team and their development.
    'This is a discussion I don't want to participate in publicly,' he said. 'It's the kind of discussion I am ready for if people think my participation can give one inch of contribution, I'm ready to have it privately.

'Pure discussion is not good - the solutions are good. Public debate is something I'm not interested in. If the right people think my experience of being abroad in important leagues and countries, knowing English football well, if people think I can give a little contribution to solutions we all want, I am ready for that

Everyone bar Josh Mac has a squad number thats in the 1st team.

Willian - 22
    Eto'o - 29

Interesting as well from Jose about the upcoming games.

We'll use the full squad I reckon so I'd expect nearly everyone to get game time at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Everyone bar Josh Mac has a squad number thats in the 1st team.

Willian - 22
    Eto'o - 29

Interesting as well from Jose about the upcoming games.

We'll use the full squad I reckon so I'd expect nearly everyone to get game time at some stage.

Why doesn't mceachran have a squad number?

Garzorico wrote: »
    Why doesn't mceachran have a squad number?

Id say he'll be gone on loan very soon. Either that or he'll be kept and given one if he makes a 1st team squad.

• Advertisement

Id say he'll be gone on loan very soon. Either that or he'll be kept and given one if he makes a 1st team squad.

Scored twice for the u/21's last night , great display

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Terry or Cahill ye reckon? (Fantasy footy) I think Luiz is back so it spices things up.
    I've gone with Terry, the oul reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

He sure is, up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

If I was Lukaku looking at that I'd be pretty insulted. Samuel Etoo my balls.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement