Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

dfx- wrote: »
    Oscar better than Mata..I'd be speechless if I wasn't typing.

Is that it so..nowhere else he can be slotted in

You would swear Oscar is a donkey do you ever actually watch him? Or just love the anti Jose pro Mata hype he is a seasoned international with one of the best teams in the world in case it has escaped your attention.

Mata is a fine player, absolutely one of my favourites and would never underestimate what he has done for us over the past 2 seasons but towards the later part of last season Oscar was becoming our most important player and that has continued this season. Anyone with a passing interest in football would see that.

So nowhere else he can be slotted, well obviously according to Jose no. To be competitive at the very top level players do need an all round game Ronaldo is a good example of that.

Will Mata get back in the side I hope so, we are disjointed at the moment but his late arrival back in pre season then picking up an injury has not helped as we are blessed with a lot of talent in that area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

LOL at United at the minute. :pac:

Wont last all season though.

City when they play are really good, it really is theirs to lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

GavRedKing wrote: »
    LOL at United at the minute. :pac:

Wont last all season though.
    Well, look at it this way. If Chelsea can open up a healthy lead over Utd by December, that just might bring Rooney back into play.

Let's keep an eye on whether Rooney signs a new contract!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Ah **** off spurs , scoring in the 96th min
    What is it this season with huge injury times ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Piazon gets 2 for vitesse

the_monkey wrote: »
    Ah **** off spurs , scoring in the 96th min
    What is it this season with huge injury times ?

Spurs, like ourselves and Utd havent really shown what their about just yet, we're all in 2nd gear.

City if they can kick on and put together a few wins could be a force, Arsenal are winning with ease at the moment but havent had a proper test yet but the season is long and titles werent won or lost in Septemebr.

Spurs, like ourselves and Utd havent really shown what their about just yet, we're all in 2nd gear.

City if they can kick on and put together a few wins could be a force, Arsenal are winning with ease at the moment but havent had a proper test yet but the season is long and titles werent won or lost in Septemebr.

Yeah check Arsenal's fixture list, it's a joke, every week they have piss easy games...

• Advertisement

Yeah check Arsenal's fixture list, it's a joke, every week they have piss easy games...

They still ahve to play ourseleves, City and Utd away, hardly easy games. :pac:

I think theyre playing Utd away after playing Liverpool at home in a few weeks, thats a tough enough run of it really.

I wouldnt mind about the rest of the league as long as focus on our own game and get that right sooner rather then later we'll be scoring 3 or 4 in games.

6 league goals from 5 games isnt good enough at all given our creative ability.

On Rooney in Janaury, I just dont see it happening, even if Utd are outside the top 4 and off the pace, they'll not want to lose him at any cost especially if we're in desperate need for a CF and on our early season form we are.

The best thing about Mata being dropped was Jose coming out and standing up to Redknapps criticism, I really, really dont like Redknapp, hes a poor pundit to say the least.

Now I think Mata will get a chance, if he didnt rate him he'd have been off in the summer.

Another theory to the Mata thing is hes trying to improve him and get him doing more for the team when we dont have it, under Jose Ozil rarely completed 90mins, a lot of that was down to the fact that he was asked to play an intense game with a lot of running, the very same as asked of Mata right now, if he can oull it together and work on his tracking back then a trio of Hazard Oscar Mata is very promising, considering what we've on the bench if it doesnt work.

I'd say Luiz and Mata will both feature against Swindon from the start anyway and there'll be wide spread changes.

Schwarzer
    Azp Luiz Ake Bertie
    Essien Josh Mac
    Willian Mata Schurrle
    Ba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

In our current setup thats really the FB's job to provide width, they dont really have to bomb on but they've to occupy the winger as our support guys either cut in or take on the opposition FB.

Ivan isnt great at it and Cole is pushing on, our squad is made up of alot of inside forwards and no wingers, TBH we dont nee don as our CF's never seem to be in the box waiting for a tap in or ball flashed across the 6yard box.

Torres was unlucky not to score from a corner against Fulham, Stockdale made a good save from him, Torres is always running from the centre to the near post for flicks just like that and hes a decent harder of the ball too.

They still ahve to play ourseleves, City and Utd away, hardly easy games. :pac:

I think theyre playing Utd away after playing Liverpool at home in a few weeks, thats a tough enough run of it really.

I wouldnt mind about the rest of the league as long as focus on our own game and get that right sooner rather then later we'll be scoring 3 or 4 in games.

6 league goals from 5 games isnt good enough at all given our creative ability.

We have only scored 6 !!! ???

that can't be right ...

• Advertisement

We have only scored 6 !!! ???

that can't be right ...

True,

http://www.premierleague.com/content/premierleague/en-gb/clubs/profile.overview.html/chelsea

Scored 6, left in 2, +4 GD.

jebus !!

2 v Villa, 2 Fulham and 2 v HULL- .... damn....

At least Bale can't trouble is next week :D

jebus !!

2 v Villa, 2 Fulham and 2 v HULL- .... damn....

At least Bale can't trouble is next week :D

Spurs are more complete now and they carry a threat throughout the team, its not just relying on Bale as the main outlet.

Theyve spent the money well that they got for him.

Its going to be a very hard game at 3pt Lane but I'd love a win again this year, I've spurs supporting buddy living in London going to it, only team he hates more then Chelsea is the Arsenal and he reckons Spurs will do us, time will tell. :pac:

Spurs are more complete now and they carry a threat throughout the team, its not just relying on Bale as the main outlet.

Theyve spent the money well that they got for him.

Its going to be a very hard game at 3pt Lane but I'd love a win again this year, I've spurs supporting buddy living in London going to it, only team he hates more then Chelsea is the Arsenal and he reckons Spurs will do us, time will tell. :pac:

For this alone I like the guy :P

I'd say for spurs/Arsenal fans they're each others enemies and no other London club will come close.

TBF though Spurs do have a special hatred for ourselves aswell, robbing a UCL place off them and then going out in the group stage mustnt have helped either. :pac:

• Advertisement

I'd say for spurs/Arsenal fans they're each others enemies and no other London club will come close.

TBF though Spurs do have a special hatred for ourselves aswell, robbing a UCL place off them and then going out in the group stage mustnt have helped either. :pac:

Yea know a few Spurs fans that hurt them so much I just thought it was the funniest thing. They don't hate us as much as Arsenal but it is really marginal at this stage

Yea know a few Spurs fans that hurt them so much I just thought it was the funniest thing. They don't hate us as much as Arsenal but it is really marginal at this stage

Then we managed to win the Thursday cup as well beating Basle in the process, not so funny now that Basle have goten their revenge though. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I'm still on a high after Mourinho's post match interview, love having him back.

I hate the Sky Saturday late matches, the "fanzone" thing does my head in.

We're on TV an awful lot recently, last 2 Saturdays on Sky, Tuesday, Sunday again.

Jose sending out Stevie Holland for the Presser this afternoon.

Didnt he do similar with Karanka at Madrid for cup games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

In the daily mail it says that Lukaku does not have a return clause that tso stated. Hope its not true as if they buy in another striker in Janurary he might not get a look in next year as well. But it is the daily mail after all

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    In the daily mail it says that Lukaku does not have a return clause that tso stated. Hope its not true as if they buy in another striker in Janurary he might not get a look in next year as well. But it is the daily mail after all

Well currently Eto'o wont be kept and Ba or Torres could easily follow him out the door so Lukaku coming back could becoming back to a team with 1 CF as competition.

Our options in January are few and far between, Suarez is the best, not UCL cup tied but Liverpool would look for Torres money and maybe more and I dont think the Chelsea fan base would be happy him with, regardless of his talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Stopped reading after a couple of lines. Rubbish.

I was tempted to stop at the "hes to good looking" part but had to read on see what it was about, weird article to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I lasted 4 lines.....what do I win?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I skipped over a few paragraphs..it is clear it's a joke..albeit an unusual joke

To good news Mata will probably play tomorrow night, the bad news is its the Leageu Cup, although with Utd or Liverpool going out that should make it an easier competition to win with 1 potential winner out, once we get the business ourselves done.

I'd like a win in 90mins no matter what the score, no E.T. and certainly no replays either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

To good news Mata will probably play tomorrow night, the bad news is its the Leageu Cup, although with Utd or Liverpool going out that should make it an easier competition to win with 1 potential winner out, once we get the business ourselves done.

I'd like a win in 90mins no matter what the score, no E.T. and certainly no replays either.

Cheers kid :pac:

D'Agger wrote: »
    Cheers kid :pac:

At the moment I'd rather Liverpool go out, we've a poor record against ye recently, bar the FA cup final 2 years :P

No replays in league cup ET then peno's on the night

Good, I'd like wide spread changes anyway for this game, give the fringe and youth a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

don't like the bit about it being nice to win everything before he ends his career, could he be talking about next summer :eek:

I think not he will up his game and come back as a talented right side winger and great sub for Oscar.

We lost a lot of games last year when mata and hazard were rested
    with subs of de bruyne mata and willian hopefully this will not be the case this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

don't like the bit about it being nice to win everything before he ends his career, could he be talking about next summer :eek:

I think not he will up his game and come back as a talented right side winger and great sub for Oscar.

with subs of de bruyne mata and willian hopefully this will not be the case this year.

Mata is definitely getting plenty of rest this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

I hate the Sky Saturday late matches........

I absolutely love them! Perfect time for a bit of early pintage :D

Although sometimes this happens.........:o

I'd say his ambition is not to be a sub to Oscar :pac:

Oscar and Ramires were both wasted out on the right for us last year in a Jose formation in how he wants to play if Mata can prove to Jose he can do a job then he'll nail it down, behind him in Ivanovic we've a solid enough RB, nothing special but gets the job done, hes nearly impossible to out muscle and hes got a decent turn of pace, hes the perfect FB to have behind ya if you're a wide man and have to track back as more then likely he'll stop the opposition before you even get abck and double up.

greendom wrote: »
    Mata is definitely getting plenty of rest this season.

There's a long season in it, we're still in September and Mata will still have a big part to play in this campaign.

Hes played a huge amount of football in 3 years but its another test of his ability and mentality to see if he can adapt and rise to Joses challenge.

I know Chelsea are a super attractive team to watch bringing a touch of glitz and glamour to ordinary folk but this is a bit much.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/24/tottenham-hotspur-fans-revolt-over-legalised-touting-as-chelsea-tickets-hit-1265-4094562/?

Can you imagine the backlash if we had entered such a deal.

I know Viagogo can be a bit dodgy but tickets dont go for anything like that no matter what the match.

Jaysus I'd be freaked if tickets were that price, TBH if I had a ST and couldnt make it for whatever reason I'd sell it for cost value, any genuine, decent fan would I'd hope.

• Advertisement

Yea dont like that myself at all, I have never sold a ticket over face value in my life and never will.

I hope this is true be great if it is.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1785242-juan-mata-reportedly-admits-jose-mourinho-is-right-about-chelsea-axe?

Yea dont like that myself at all, I have never sold a ticket over face value in my life and never will.

I hope this is true be great if it is.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1785242-juan-mata-reportedly-admits-jose-mourinho-is-right-about-chelsea-axe?

Problem I have with that is
    He accepts Mourinho has a point, especially when his stats are compared to the likes of Oscar and Eden Hazard.

His stats last year were better then both of those, unless hes talking about tracking back.

The problem with Mata was as a number 10 last year he wasnt asked to drop back, he was pushing onto the CB's and DM and trying close them down.

Oscar and Hazard spend last season onthe flanks so are used to tracking back, even a year on the flank has made Oscar a more defensively sound option and it shows, if Jose wants the best out of Mata he'll have to play him and trust him to adapt his game like Oscar did when he spent last year out on the RW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Not good news really. : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2431026/Marco-Van-Ginkel-miss-entire-season-Chelsea-suspected-cruciate-ligament-injury.html

MVG could be out for the season and Ramires could miss the Spurs match.

Spurs looking good, not a good time to be playing them at all ...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement