Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I don't think that what happened with De Bruyne is that bad as it's made out to be.

Just read an article where they interview his manager, who says that the only thing that is an issue is that De Bruyne is not travelling to Bucharest.

The fact he's moved to the reserves is a consequence of that it seems, he said that it's normal at Chelsea for players who are not travelling with the squad to train with the reserves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I don't think that what happened with De Bruyne is that bad as it's made out to be.

Just read an article where they interview his manager, who says that the only thing that is an issue is that De Bruyne is not travelling to Bucharest.

The fact he's moved to the reserves is a consequence of that it seems, he said that it's normal at Chelsea for players who are not travelling with the squad to train with the reserves.

He was good against Hull and he disappeared then. He should have been better against a Swindon team who are clearly a level or two belowo us but he wasnt great.

I can imagine Jose wasnt impressed by him, Torres and Mata to a degree had put in a decent shift.

Mata needs to keep it up so he can impress Jose and show whys hes justified his place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Jose on Vertonghen and the decision.

Quote:
    In other countries people say the guy is clever and the guy is intelligent because he pretends it's a penalty or a red card. Not in England, that's not what I learned here.

'That's why I don't think the referee is guilty, he made the wrong decision but he trusts the player. When you see the player with his hand on his face and pretending it was a violent action the natural tendency is to follow and make the decision.

'It was a situation where the player wasn't helping the referee. He's a fantastic player but he's a special guy because three days ago he left the player naked against Aston Villa. It wasn't a penalty or a red card and he shouldn't have played today, he should have been suspended from a red card against Villa. Today he changed the game, I'm not happy.'

More sour grapes than you can shake a stick at lol..

He really needs to have a close look at his players first..

Quite happy to have a known racist as his captain.

Classy man ,JM who eye gouged Barcas Tito Villanova ,so he probably thinks Torres trying to pull Verts face off was a non-incident ffs.. should have been sent off then if the linesman had been paying attention.

Thought Vertongen managed the confrontations very well. He could easily hav gone to ground when Torres gowged him...was given cred on MOTD for not going to ground...plus Torres did trip him before that & the last yellow for Torres wasnt Jan's fault he won the ball fair & square & didnt make a meal of the collision...

The only dive I seen was Townsends who has came out since & apologised & said he will cut it out completely.even went to ref at half time to apologise.

I dont think any chelsea player has ever apologised for a single dive.im including Drogba, Robben, Hazard, Oscar, Luiz, Both Coles, just the tip of the chelski diving iceberg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Oscar, maybe Ivan have been our stand out players so far, Oscar of all the attacking players is a league ahead of what we have at the moment.

Mata and Hazard are playing catch up to him at the moment but both are well capable of surpassing his tally this season so far and will in due course I reckon.

He has a right, to a degree but our squad is littered with talent.

He was wanted on loan from Germany but he was convinced to stay, if the manager says stay and impress and you'll play then so be it, KdB has the talent but he needs to be consistent and I can only imagine its training and some match displays that have convinced Jose that he needs to re-evaluate him.

If he was with us last year he would ahve got more games but with our talent in the support roles this year everyone is fighting for games which is good IMO but these young guys need games if they're to improve.

Maybe it's me, I get the impression that Oscar goes missing for too long in games and he doesn't bring the same level of intensity to the team without Mata beside him

davycc wrote: »
    Quote:
    More sour grapes than you can shake a stick at lol..

He really needs to have a close look at his players first..

Quite happy to have a known racist as his captain.
    Was found inncoent by a court, not a racist at all.
    Classy man ,JM who eye gouged Barcas Tito Villanova ,so he probably thinks Torres trying to pull Verts face off was a non-incident ffs.. should have been sent off then if the linesman had been paying attention.

Nothing to do with it really but the linesman if he seen it should have flagged it he didnt.
    Thought Vertongen managed the confrontations very well. He could easily hav gone to ground when Torres gowged him...was given cred on MOTD for not going to ground...plus Torres did trip him before that & the last yellow for Torres wasnt Jan's fault he won the ball fair & square & didnt make a meal of the collision...

He fell over for the fiorst incident over a coming together and got up acting the big man, Torres shouldnt have raised his hands but Vertonghen got up to confront Torres for a nothing "trip" and LOL at not making a meal of it, he stayed down and got attention from the Tottenham medical team and had to go off, he made a meal of it in the biggest way possible.
    The only dive I seen was Townsends who has came out since & apologised & said he will cut it out completely.even went to ref at half time to apologise.
    That was a terrible dive, fairplay for saying he'll stop it it was that bad though.
    I dont think any chelsea player has ever apologised for a single dive.im including Drogba, Robben, Hazard, Oscar, Luiz, Both Coles, just the tip of the chelski diving iceberg

I'm going to have to ask for proof of Oscar and Hazard diving and getting booked for it, even diving alone will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Strange how Vertongen being such a sound and upright chap gets kudos for not making a meal of something after going down like Bambi on ice for the slightest touch about 4 steps after said touch and after provoking Torres, commits a reckless foul on ram where his studs end up square on to his knee which could have caused serious injury and was deserving of a straight red and a 3 game ban and then goes down like Bambi on ice again with no contact at all holding his face in order to get Torres sent off.

Yea thats not a cheat at all is it

And after being caught and booked Townsend apologises I would say much more out of embarrassment rather than any contrition. Yea Spurs whiter than white again.

Was found inncoent by a court, not a racist at all.
    JT is as innocent as OJ Simpson;)

Nothing to do with it really but the linesman if he seen it should have flagged it he didnt.

Everything to do with it , imho as this is the very caliber of the man who manages your club & who is trying to put the spotlight onto Verts to distract away from Torres facegrabbing/scratching incident.Torres definitly shouldnt have raised his hands.such a sneaky way of attacking someone & if it happened on the streets Van could had justice in depending himself & decking Torres for example

He fell over for the first incident over a coming together and got up acting the big man, Torres shouldnt have raised his hands but Vertonghen got up to confront Torres for a nothing "trip" and LOL at not making a meal of it, he stayed down and got attention from the Tottenham medical team and had to go off, he made a meal of it in the biggest way possible.

He was tripped by Torres for the 1st incident. looked like Torres acting the dick.

The 2nd yellow was unjust as it was just 2 players fully comitted to going for the ball. Verts had a hard landing & ill give him the benefit of the doubt I dont think he is that kind of player to be fair.

That was a terrible dive, fairplay for saying he'll stop it it was that bad though.

Even Lampard gave him a break and says he was so fast he was just glad he fell over rather than keeping running at the chelsea defence..

Now Lamps has class in abundance & handled it like a gent to be fair.

I'm going to have to ask for proof of Oscar and Hazard diving and getting booked for it, even diving alone will do.

Oscar dived v stoke last season to try win a peno & got booked..

As for the Hazard I cant think of a specific incident in a specific game but he has gone down very easy many games Ive watched him in..He should try stay on his feet like Messi manages to dance around tackles .

Dont forget, we're the chavs here. :D :pac:

I just think it was funny to see his over reaction to a trip that was more a coming together then anything else.....and it was rolling for a goal kick for Spurs too which made it even better.

If Jose can get Torres playing with that belief and desire, minus the red cards :pac: he'll have a decent season. Although if hes gone for 3 or 4 games that wont help him at all.

Thats his 3rd red card for us isnt it? 1 vs Swansea when he was on the back of a few good games, the one in THAT Utd game for "diving" and Saturday.

somehow half my reply came out in your quote & the rest at the bottom of it lol gav

• Advertisement

The one against the Swans was just about fair :rolleyes:

The one against ManU was a joke in a similar fashion to Saturday in that he was the victim in the second challenge but the ref got it totally wrong. Clattenberg was way too fast with the card against ManU, Dean took his time and got it totally wrong but then it did look like Vertongen was taken out by a sniper on the grassy knoll

I think Dean had made up his mind straight away but was waiting for the players to leave him alone.

I said it on the day, Torres should have stayed down and he may have got away with no booking but it was neither a free out or free in it was a coming together where both tried to play the ball, it wasnt as bad as the Utd one that was so frustrating to take and then have Chico slot away an offside goal as well as Luizs og earlier in the game.

Anyway, if we can pick up points away and do the business at home we'll be there or there abouts come May.

Jose is still unbeaten in the league at Stamford Bridge remember, thats a record he wont want to give up to easily and one hopefully he can build on.

Strange how Vertongen being such a sound and upright chap gets kudos for not making a meal of something after going down like Bambi on ice for the slightest touch about 4 steps after said touch and after provoking Torres, commits a reckless foul on ram where his studs end up square on to his knee which could have caused serious injury and was deserving of a straight red and a 3 game ban and then goes down like Bambi on ice again with no contact at all holding his face in order to get Torres sent off.

Yea thats not a cheat at all is it

And after being caught and booked Townsend apologises I would say much more out of embarrassment rather than any contrition. Yea Spurs whiter than white again.

Ha ha brilliant it this a parody account?

& Townsend as least has the balls to be a man about it.

It hopefully is the start of something positive on the whole diving debate.

If it was embarrassment that forced his apology then maybe Luiz & Oscar will still be feeling some from their acting last year v manu & stoke

If it was embarrassment that forced his apology then maybe Luiz & Oscar will still be feeling some from their acting last year v manu & stoke

TBF to Luiz he was reacting to the Utd fans that were giving him stick, Rafael shouldnt have went in the way he did but Luiz had shoved him away fairly hard just prior to it.

It was one of the funniest parts of last season. :pac:

david-luiz2.jpg

Funny thing I was travelling home on Saturday afternoon and was listening to it on the radio and as the incident happened the commentators thought that Vertongen was in trouble and might be getting red. As it turns out I would agree it was a nothing incident and as such Dean should have the good grace to say he made a mistake and rescind the card.

Whatever happens with the other incident happens but the football authorities should not act like referees have Papal infallibility

So his studs did not make contact with Rams knee, he did not put his hands to his face like he had been going head to head with Tyson, the sky is blue in my world.

Diving will take place until the FIFA decide it will not anymore and start taking strong action against it. Until then one man being embarrassed to hell will make no difference at all.

• Advertisement

Funny thing I was travelling home on Saturday afternoon and was listening to it on the radio and as the incident happened the commentators thought that Vertongen was in trouble and might be getting red. As it turns out I would agree it was a nothing incident and as such Dean should have the good grace to say he made a mistake and rescind the card.

Whatever happens with the other incident happens but the football authorities should not act like referees have Papal infallibility

As it turns out I would agree it was a nothing incident exactly now there is something we can all agree on.. just 2 players fully committed to winning ther ball having an enevitable coming together..

& it looked like ye were going to nick it in the 2nd half but a draw was fair condidering all our wasted chances early on

The FA will always back ref's to the hilt, a ref maybe demotted to the Championship for a few weeks but thats about it.

In fact dean himself was when we beat Utd 2-1 at OT, remembered for the game Macheda equalised with a handball and Drogba won it from an offside position.

TBF to Luiz he was reacting to the Utd fans that were giving him stick, Rafael shouldnt have went in the way he did but Luiz had shoved him away fairly hard just prior to it.

It was one of the funniest parts of last season. :pac:

david-luiz2.jpg

as no fan of Manu & the Fergie mafia either I thought it was hillarious & a good comedy show like watching a Murhinio era El Classico with Pepe & Buskets doing their "stuff" :D

as no fan of Manu & the Fergie mafia either I thought it was hillarious & a good comedy show like watching a Murhinio era El Classico with Pepe & Buskets doing their "stuff" :D

Rafa can always say he was the last manager to beat Fergie and it was at OT too.

Thats what made Fergies, he was like a "dying swan" all the better.

Although Fergie was never to shy of over reacting, que Ashley williams and an attempted murder on RVP :pac:

I agree Gav but I just think it would be better if they did admit to mistakes. It is a very fast game at times (when Obi is not on the pitch at least) no one really blames them as such as they have no options. But the farce that was Nando serving a ban when it was clear that he did get a touch going at full pelt did no one any service.

It is the same with diving, the players are very good at it in general. Sometimes it is difficult to see even with lots of cameras. Now if a ref is conned and gives a peno that wins the game ok the result stands but the player can be punished. If a player gets sent off because of a dive then the "innocent" player should not have to serve a ban it should transfer to the the "cheat" if you like. Thats what I dont understand everyone bar referees makes mistakes apparently. I have no issue with mistakes but why not learn from them?

• Advertisement

Rafa can always say he was the last manager to beat Fergie and it was at OT too.

Thats what made Fergies, he was like a "dying swan" all the better.

Although Fergie was never to shy of over reacting, que Ashley williams and an attempted murder on RVP :pac:

We finally beat them at OT for the first time in over 20yrs & it felt great .All those times we were robbed by refs & Linos at OT over the years.

Pedro Mendes from the half way line & all that:cool:

Maybe its early days but thankfully Moyes doesnt seem to be able to bully officals the same way & the FA too with all Fergies swagger..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

http://m.skysports.com/article/football//8950418
    Jose walks out after questions on de brunye being omitted.

It could be a good thing as he won't be kept on asked why so and so was not picked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    http://m.skysports.com/article/football//8950418
    Jose walks out after questions on de brunye being omitted.

It could be a good thing as he won't be kept on asked why so and so was not picked.

He's right too,
    Media badgering him about Mata, he starts Mata and now they badger him about other players,
    Its like they think the entire squad can play at once, someone has to miss out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Well KDB did himself no favours with a lethargic display against Swindon.

Just how annoying is it watching Lukaku I still can't understand why he is not been given a shot with us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Just how annoying is it watching Lukaku I still can't understand why he is not been given a shot with us

Meh..... he's only got a goal and an assist in the first 25 minutes. I think we dodged a bullet there :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

RichT wrote: »
    Meh..... he's only got a goal and an assist in the first 25 minutes. I think we dodged a bullet there :rolleyes:

deffo...flogged come Summer time.
    He is FARRRR too proficient in front of goal for Chelsea's liking!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

2 goals and an assist. Not what Chelsea are looking for in a centre forward.

2 goals and an assist. Not what Chelsea are looking for in a centre forward.

Oh dear God...
    What have we done?!:(

Panthro wrote: »
    Oh dear God...
    What have we done?!:(

I could never fathom that decision tbh.

I thought after pre season he'd be a big player for Chelsea this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Lukaku has also had two goals disallowed in the first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

rarnes1 wrote: »

I was dreading him against us!!!! Thought ye had the ideal drogba replacement. Still cant over chelsea letting him and Sturridge go!!! I just hope that he wants to come back for your sake

racso1975 wrote: »
    I was dreading him against us!!!! Thought ye had the ideal drogba replacement. Still cant over chelsea letting him and Sturridge go!!! I just hope that he wants to come back for your sake

Not a Chelsea fan myself.

Lukaku is a beast of a player, Everton got a serious deal getting him on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Not a Chelsea fan myself.

Lukaku is a beast of a player, Everton got a serious deal getting him on loan.

No sorry guessed that. My "your" comment was aimed at the thread regulars

I couldn't either. He had a stormer of a season with West Brom, clearly up to the task, and we go and loan him out and bring in Eto'o.
    He should have been given a fair crack at starting, or at least be competition to Torres.

As was mentioned on twitter Chelsea striker deals in Torres, Ba, Eto'o out Sturridge, Drogba, Lukaku ouch

I wonder if Lukaku will score more goals than the rest of our strikers combined again this season. Personally would not bet against it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Ba refused to go on loan and Lukaku asked for a loan, didn't we reach our full of foreign players and let one go on loan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

smuckers wrote: »
    Ba refused to go on loan and Lukaku asked for a loan, didn't we reach our full of foreign players and let one go on loan?

letting Ba do a Malouda and play in the reserves would have been the best option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Quiet 2nd half, he was everywhere 1st half. Think Martinez probably told him not to chase back quite as far as he was. Great performance from him though, such a shame a genuine Chelsea fan with a lot of raw talent isn't getting his chance at Stamford Bridge, rest home for deteriorating strikers.

• Advertisement

smuckers wrote: »

Thought TSHO wouldn't let him go to Arsenal and he wanted a pop at Champions League. Still have to wonder where Eto'o fits into the equation Lukaku has to be better than him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Great, Everton are ahead of us ...

On lukaku, he'll be back next year even better and Id nearly guarntee he'll start, 2 seasons of 15-20 goals means he deserves a shot at the very least. etoos only here for a year and Ba will probably be gone so lukaku and torres will be kept and maybe a 3rd option brought in but if lukaku continues he'll be 1st choice...hes still very raw but he has nesrly everything to be a top drawer striker i only hope its for us.

We'll know by 6pm today at the latest if Torres is to be charged by the FA, if it is the case then he will start tonight as he'll be out of action until about November domestically.

I'm expecting an FA charge anyway but you'd hope nothing comes of it.

We'll know by 6pm today at the latest if Torres is to be charged by the FA, if it is the case then he will start tonight as he'll be out of action until about November domestically.

I'm expecting an FA charge anyway but you'd hope nothing comes of it.

I would be surprised if he is not charged, reacting when provoked is always frowned upon he really should have known better. It happens though thought the best one ever was years ago when Dennis Wise fouled Nicky Butt, looked like he was going to get booked but a sly little pinch on Butt's thigh made Butt kick out at him. It looked like he was retaliating from the foul and was promptly sent off and we went on to win 5-0.

It is amazing how funny it is when it is for your team rather than against!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Predictions tonight : Slow start untiol the 20-25 min where we'll take the lead and ponder about until about 60mins and get a 2nd and finish the game with a 3-0 win.

• Advertisement

I think we will win (but then I thought we would win the last game as well) 1-2 Oscar & Lamps

Well as long as we win I'll be happy, performance is secondary if we end up not taking 3 points from this game.

If Schalke and Basel draw we'll be right back in it for finishing top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Our away record in Europe isn't exactly inspiring! We lost in Bucharest 1-0 last year as well.

I'd gladly take a 1-0 win tonight and hope that we start off where we left off prior to Torres getting sent off.

Raedwald wrote: »
    Our away record in Europe isn't exactly inspiring! We lost in Bucharest 1-0 last year as well.

I'd gladly take a 1-0 win tonight and hope that we start off where we left off prior to Torres getting sent off.

theyve lost 2 of their star players and we;ve a better squad and manager at the helm, we should be going out there as favourites and coming home with 3 points, we're not a number 1 seed for no reason but I do agree, our away record in the UCL and EL last year has to improve, its not good enough just to rely on your home form.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement