Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Thr problem with all our young talent is we've guys only a few years older who are internationals ahead of them.

At the moment the best prospects for our team are probably Ake & Christansen for the CB's/DM position in the coming years, Wallace at RB, R.Loftus-Cheek for CM, Issiah Brown for CAM/RW/LW or CF where he seems to rotate with Feruz who will also have a decent shot at 1st team action along the lines.

Theres a wealth of talent if we can develop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

What about the lad Baker who was on the bench at Swindon ?

Thought Ake was going out on loan but then thought I saw his name in the report on the youths ?

Techless wrote: »

Thought Ake was going out on loan but then thought I saw his name in the report on the youths ?

Ake is still with the youths/reserves and captaining them.

Lewis Baker? Himself and half the youth squad will be playing in the Capital 1 cup against Arsenal.

I love this on Christensen :
    A tall, ball-playing centre-back whose game is similar in style to Ricardo Carvalho, his father is a former professional goalkeeper.

The team to play Arsenal will probably be a mix of bench and youth.

Schwarzer
    Azp Cahill Christensen Bertie
    Ake Essien
    De Bruyne Brown Willian
    Ba

Gives us plenty of options as well but I'm not sure what way Jose would approach it.

Saw Christensen playing a few times on Chelsea TV, looks to have a lot of promise.

Wouldn't mind seeing that team playing against Arsenal but would be surprised if Joe played too many of the youths.

Would be nice to see Kallas get a game and see what he's got.

Oh ya Kalas too, I seen him play for the Czech U19 or U17 in a tournament and he was a beast, looked better then those on display.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Saw Christensen playing a few times on Chelsea TV, looks to have a lot of promise.

Wouldn't mind seeing that team playing against Arsenal but would be surprised if Joe played too many of the youths.

Would be nice to see Kallas get a game and see what he's got.

Think you would get a very pleasant surprise if he started getting regular games for Chelsea.

Really rate the guy and he is one I have often mentioned when I have wandered into the CFC thread. He was standing out for Vitesse last season and I think he is a player whose potential could very quickly be realised if he were to start getting decent gametime at a club like Chelsea. He is far too good for the under age levels and really needs to be getting Premier league/CL experience under his belt so he can develop further.

In my opinion he is ready to play in the Premier league, and ready to punch his weight there. Smashing player that I hoped Chelsea would let go last summer, but alas you guys managed to hang onto a cracking young talent :)

Have often said this, but it is jaw dropping stuff when one starts to look at exactly how many excellent young talents Chelsea have on the books right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

ake couldn't go out on loan as after this season he qualifies as a uk player as he has been at the club for three full seasons, making him homegrown by the Premier League's rules

Kess73 wrote: »
    Think you would get a very pleasant surprise if he started getting regular games for Chelsea.

Really rate the guy and he is one I have often mentioned when I have wandered into the CFC thread. He was standing out for Vitesse last season and I think he is a player whose potential could very quickly be realised if he were to start getting decent gametime at a club like Chelsea. He is far too good for the under age levels and really needs to be getting Premier league/CL experience under his belt so he can develop further.

In my opinion he is ready to play in the Premier league, and ready to punch his weight there. Smashing player that I hoped Chelsea would let go last summer, but alas you guys managed to hang onto a cracking young talent :)

Have often said this, but it is jaw dropping stuff when one starts to look at exactly how many excellent young talents Chelsea have on the books right now.

Thats the problem, we can shoe horn them all into the team, we need a good balance but the way we go through managers that doesnt work as the manager has to hit the ground running so cant risk the youngsters so to speak.

Hopefully Jose is a long term option that way he can try blood in youngsters as Romans money cant always bail us out.

Mata has been recalled by spain for the upcoming WCQ's against Georgia and Belarus.

• Advertisement

from jose's press conference earlier today

Eden Hazard trained today, and is better, but will see tomorrow if he can be back for the team.

on De Bruyne's international call up: 'I am happy he has been selected, he is a very good player, his time will come for us'.

on Eto'o: 'He's getting his form, he needs a bit of time

Balls, I've taken Hazard out of my FF team, watch him play and get about 8 goals on Sunday morning. :rolleyes:

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Balls, I've taken Hazard out of my FF team, watch him play and get about 8 goals on Sunday morning. :rolleyes:
    thats a sacrifice you should be prepared to make :)

peteeeed wrote: »
    thats a sacrifice you should be prepared to make :)

Well I've brought in Oscar, it was either him or Mata decided on our brilliant Brazilian.

It would be nice if Eto'o or Ba or ideally both got off the mark this weekend.

I think Eto'o will come good and hope he's playing Sunday. IMO he hasn't been that bad in the games he's played, granted he still looks sluggish but it's a big jump in standard from the level of football he has been playing for the last couple of years. He seems to be working hard off the ball as well.

I think Eto'o will come good and hope he's playing Sunday. IMO he hasn't been that bad in the games he's played, granted he still looks sluggish but it's a big jump in standard from the level of football he has been playing for the last couple of years. He seems to be working hard off the ball as well.

Theres no doubting hes putting in a shift and he looked ok agaisnt Steaua but as Jose said hes still adjusting, Norwich away wont be an easy ask so I'd say he'll start with Ba, although Ba's last start against Villa he was so bad he was useless.

• Advertisement

Another new sponsor on board, about time to. :pac:

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3481587/title/chelsea-and-rotary-team-up
    Ron Gourlay, Chelsea FC Chief Executive, said: 'We have never partnered with a watch company until now but believe Rotary are a perfect fit as we share a similar outlook and goals. We are very pleased to be joining forces with a Swiss watch company which has a worldwide name.

'I am happy to announce that Frank Lampard will become the Chelsea Football Club Rotary brand ambassador for the 2013-14 season and we look forward to building a great relationship with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

What do we reckon this weekend?

A win before the international break would be excellent, also Torres out for 3 weeks means he'll probably have a part to play in the City game on the 27th I think.

Norwich will be n pushovers but its up to us to go and want to win and put in the display to ensure it.
    All out for a win against Norwich, like we went all out against Steaua.

If we can't beat Norwich we run the real risk of quickly losing touch with UCL places. Three points an absolute must. A few goals in the bag, including from a striker!, will put the squad in a good frame of mind for a decent run after they come back from the break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Woohoo Lukaku scores again, going to be ace next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Watching Lukaku flourish is making my blood boil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Legion. wrote: »
    Watching Lukaku flourish is making my blood boil.

There really is something rotten in the Chelsea camp when it comes to strikers. Maybe a change in backroom staff or something is needed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Can't understand why everyone is getting so upset over, sure it's frustrating watching him score when our own strikers can't buy a goal but ultimately he will return a more rounded player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

More sicken by Sturridge going and scoring loads for Liverpool. I don't even mind the little dance. Hopefully Lukaku comes back on fire and leads the libe next year

lets not forget bamford at mk dons 9th goals so far this season , 2 today with 30 mins gone

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Can't understand why everyone is getting so upset over, sure it's frustrating watching him score when our own strikers can't buy a goal but ultimately he will return a more rounded player.

agree 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Bye bye league
    6 points behind leaders now , that's it
    Once the 6 pt margin is reached its nigh on impossible to get it back , stats will confirm this

the_monkey wrote: »
    Bye bye league
    Once the 6 pt margin is reached its nigh on impossible to get it back , stats will confirm this

A little premature with that prediction there.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    A little premature with that prediction there.

Those stats are true tho , we should hope in the coming weeks we don't fall 6 behind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Those stats are true tho , we should hope in the coming weeks we don't fall 6 behind

Except for last season, the season before and at a guess plenty of other seasons before that too.

Edit: why did I actually respond to that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Great result! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Phoenix wrote: »
    Delighted with the three points still a concern we still havent had a CF score for us....
    Scoring 3 after 4 midweek looks a lot better. But Norwich could easily have nicked the point. The more matches we have to win like that, the tougher the campaign will be for the squad.

Jose will be trying his damnedest to rack up as many points as possible from this motley crew before the January window, in the hope he can stay in touch. But as you say, it's worrying that 7 games and 10 goals in we have no goals from a recognised striker. Ba has to be complete toast, Etoo is a holdover, so we'll be in for a real striker in January.

Still, it's great to have the three points in the bag. A good morale booster from a tricky fixture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Spurs. :)

Bye bye league

And as it turns out we are only a mere 2 points off by the end of the day, and in my opinion after having a more difficult run early on than our title rivals.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Good day all round.

Basically one more weekend of results going our way and we are top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

ifcevILB7JVVX.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Looks like the Thursday night trip to Russia took its toll on Spurs.

They must feel sick though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Great weekend Munster beat Leinster in a real battle, Chelsea win, Spurs lose and Arsenal drop points.

Norwich are no mugs they will be ok this season, felt we were a little fortunate but deserved it in the end. Ba had an excellent first half I thought faded in the second, at least he seemed to be thinking about offside. Oscar is going to be world class give him a contract extension now.

JT & Lamps having a great season so far, you have to wonder how JT did not get games last season when it was obvious Cahill struggled at times. Must have been personal me thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Great weekend Munster beat Leinster in a real battle, Chelsea win, Spurs lose and Arsenal drop points.

Oscar is going to be world class give him a contract extension now.

+1
    the results have really helped us. The lack of striker goals is the difference between us and Liverpool. This worries me. I didn't see the game so I can't comment on it.
    Oscar looked good on the highlights...

And he hates Tottenham and he hates Tottenham , thought the away support today was great , sang all the way through , good result

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

God I love you Monkey!

da blues!!!!

Tigerbaby wrote: »
    God I love you Monkey!

da blues!!!!

I do my best ;)

Nice little system I have...

• Advertisement

Watched the game yesterday but due to needing to request a new password I couldnt bloody get on Boards. :o

Anyway, game was alot tighter then the 3-1 suggested.

They could have had a penalty, so could Ba, Ba played well and should have scored 2 but his assist for Oscar was who again put in a very good display, hes becoming Mr. Dependable really.

Its always a great sign when you can bring in Eto'o Hazard and Willian from the bench but its a game we should have had wrapped up early in the 1st half, we still alck a clinical edge but 3rd and only 2 points off the top after our tricky away fixtures going into the 2nd international break is a big bonus for us especially with Spurs dropping all points and Arsenal picking up a draw, I still think our main challenge will be from Manchester and both dug out good wins this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Yea would agree ManU have had a difficult start, whoever took over from SAF was going to find it difficult. I dont think they are good enough to win it but should give it a rattle. If ManC get it together properly they should win it I still think they have the best squad, though Hart is totally over rated. One top notch striker and CB and I think we would be very close, maybe even favorites but we are too tight in those areas we will get injuries or suspensions and that will hurt I suspect.

Yea would agree ManU have had a difficult start, whoever took over from SAF was going to find it difficult. I dont think they are good enough to win it but should give it a rattle. If ManC get it together properly they should win it I still think they have the best squad, though Hart is totally over rated. One top notch striker and CB and I think we would be very close, maybe even favorites but we are too tight in those areas we will get injuries or suspensions and that will hurt I suspect.

One of the buddies said hes got Utd at 10's to win the EPL Sunday, throw down 20 quid on it, could be worth a cheeky punt, they still have a very good team and they wont under perform all season.

I've actually got a seperate bet on with a buddy who supports Villa, I said Moyes would only win 1 trophy this season and I said we'd include the Community shield, as long as Utd dont win anything else I'm up money. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

One of the buddies said hes got Utd at 10's to win the EPL Sunday, throw down 20 quid on it, could be worth a cheeky punt, they still have a very good team and they wont under perform all season.

I've actually got a seperate bet on with a buddy who supports Villa, I said Moyes would only win 1 trophy this season and I said we'd include the Community shield, as long as Utd dont win anything else I'm up money. :D

He's had you there. Not a real trophy. Unless they win the league, league cup, fa cup or Europe, you should demand payment on your bet. :)

Kirby wrote: »
    He's had you there. Not a real trophy. Unless they win the league, league cup, fa cup or Europe, you should demand payment on your bet. :)

I said he could have, I said Utd would win only the 1 trophy and was confident it would only be that one.

Theyve potentially 4 more to win but i'm liking the look of my little wager so far this season. :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement