Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

After Pep and then Rafa, I'd be surprised if it was just Jose that was on the radar to be the next permanent manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

ST£15m for Ramires, I suppose paper does not refuse ink.

Couldn't see TSHO letting him go and if he did it would be for multiples of that.

http://www.adifferentleague.co.uk/p6_0_22257_-.html#.UlZbp9Lrz74

Can't blame Carlo for looking to get a hold of him. His spadework is extraordinary, though hopefully his head won't be turned.

ST£15m for Ramires, I suppose paper does not refuse ink.

Couldn't see TSHO letting him go and if he did it would be for multiples of that.

http://www.adifferentleague.co.uk/p6_0_22257_-.html#.UlZbp9Lrz74

That article is a load of balls IMO.

It syas Ramires was part of the Confed Cup squad, he wasnt, there was poor communication between the Brazil Doctors and the Chelsea medicial staff which resulted in him not getting a call because he was "injured"

Also why would we sell a guy for 15 million when we paid closer to 20 for him?

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

GavRedKing wrote: »
    That article is a load of balls IMO.

It syas Ramires was part of the Confed Cup squad, he wasnt, there was poor communication between the Brazil Doctors and the Chelsea medicial staff which resulted in him not getting a call because he was "injured"

Also why would we sell a guy for 15 million when we paid closer to 20 for him?

:confused:

And has he not started every prem game under Jose?

I love the quotes from Harry Redknapp regarding the UCL final and watching Chelsea win it. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I love the quotes from Harry Redknapp regarding the UCL final and watching Chelsea win it. :pac:

Yea that certainly is the final that just keeps on giving, shame he was not picked up in the crowd when

1 Mata missed his penalty
    2 When Drogba scored his penalty

That would be better than Nevillism for the Torres goal in the semi.

The two Redknapps, a "lovely" bunch of lads. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

That Ramires story is a load of bollox, wouldn't want him sold even if the offer was £50 million! I can see why Madrid would want him I don't think there is a team in the world that wouldn't want Ramires, why would why sell him though when we are short of options in centre mid and for less than we paid. :rolleyes:

Johner wrote: »
    That Ramires story is a load of bollox, wouldn't want him sold even if the offer was £50 million! I can see why Madrid would want him I don't think there is a team in the world that wouldn't want Ramires, why would why sell him though when we are short of options in centre mid and for less than we paid. :rolleyes:

Big mistake Johner you should never let the truth get in the way of a good story :).

So "the press" over the past few months have van Ginkel going to Ajax. Cech, Courtois, & Torres going to Barca. Ram going to RM. Mata going to PSG, ManU & Barca. KdB going to Germany in general. Luiz going to PSG, ManU & Barca.

Hazard and Oscar must feel really insulted that they are not good enough to leave Chelsea.

Tickets for the Schalke game up on General sale.

Very tempted.

http://www.chelseafc.com/tickets

• Advertisement

A potential waste of money.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/11/galatasaray-confirm-plans-to-sell-burak-yilmaz-to-chelsea-in-january-4142561/

I dont think we need Yilmaz, considering hes 28 and he'd be unavailable in the UCL as well the 25million price tag would be absurd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

By "they" I'm presuming he means the Media.
    He's had some amount of support from the Chelsea fans since his arrival, every time he gets the ball you can't help but cross the fingers and say "willya just score Torres!":pac:

Yea I am sure Nando has no regrets but then if I was on a reported ST£200k a week or such like I am quietly confident I would have little regret :rolleyes: or am I just being cynical.

He does get a tough time of it from the media but his fee and wages will command such ridicule if he deosnt find the back of the net.

Although even when hes being our best player on the pitch and setting up goals and bust his bo**cks for the team the media very rarely report but when they do the "is he back" line is thrown out.

All I ask from Torres is to put in a shift, look dangerous, commit defenders and work for the team, if hes doing that as well as scoringthen its brilliant, I'd certainly take him over Yilmaz and whats that guys we've got on loan at Evertons name again? :confused:

No point splashing on a guy like Yilmaz, the physical presence we can mould is 8 years younger and already our player and hes doing well again this year.

The whole Yilmaz thing seems to be more egging up the price rather than anything else, I would doubt there is serious interest from Chelsea. Unless he will be seen as a rotation striker for next season when most likely Ba and Eto'o will be gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

He does get a tough time of it from the media but his fee and wages will command such ridicule if he deosnt find the back of the net.

Although even when hes being our best player on the pitch and setting up goals and bust his bo**cks for the team the media very rarely report but when they do the "is he back" line is thrown out.

All I ask from Torres is to put in a shift, look dangerous, commit defenders and work for the team, if hes doing that as well as scoringthen its brilliant, I'd certainly take him over Yilmaz and whats that guys we've got on loan at Evertons name again? :confused:

No point splashing on a guy like Yilmaz, the physical presence we can mould is 8 years younger and already our player and hes doing well again this year.
    The thing with Torres is that he looks lazy. His demeanor is laid back, he doesn't seem to sprint, he glides.

I went to see Liverpool vs. Blackburn in 2009 where he scored that outrageous volley and I was watching with intent to see his movement during the match, honestly, he's not a Suarez styled hard worker who'll pressure defenders into mistakes, but he's a proper no.9, he can do the sum total of fúck all for 89 mins of a match, but produce a stroke of genius in the 90th to get you 3 points.

It seems since he moved to Chelsea that his confidence wasn't there and when he had opportunities he spurned them in an untypical fashion.

When he moved to Chelsea I was disgusted, I didn't want him to do well, I didn't want to see him banging in goals for Chelsea, but now, given the time he's gotten from the media and general followers of football, I really want to see him turn things around because he seems like a good pro and a likeable fella.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

2 goals for Lukaku against Croatia.....bloody hell...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

2 goals for Lukaku against Croatia.....bloody hell...:pac:

Chelsea should buy him in January

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

amiable wrote: »
    Chelsea should buy him in January

No point, he'd just be loaned out....

No point, he'd just be loaned out....

I'd imagine there's a way for Chelsea buying him out of his loan deal in January. It's a no brainer if it is possible IMO

Well...on the upside..we not know for certain that Andre won't score!

Schurrle scored a goal. :eek:

Panthro wrote: »

Ara well bollocks!:pac:

Can you try that again when we are playing :-)

Can you try that again when we are playing :-)

I shall indeed! Much like the other day when I said to my mate when Willian came on "I've yet to be impressed by this lad"..
    Well....we've all seen the goal!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Was just watching the Brazil-South Korea friendly. Another goal for Oscar. If one thing's becoming his trademark, it's his coolness in front of goal. Takes his time, places it exactly where he wants it to go. Ramires and Luiz were also playing, and both impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Duck Soup wrote: »
    Was just watching the Brazil-South Korea friendly. Another goal for Oscar. If one thing's becoming his trademark, it's his coolness in front of goal. Takes his time, places it exactly where he wants it to go. Ramires and Luiz were also playing, and both impressed.

He is some fecking kid, delighted he is our number one man and my fantasy captain this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

What are Chelsea fans thoughts on Nemanja Matić?

What are Chelsea fans thoughts on Nemanja Matić?

Thought he was a good player when he was here, thought he could have made into a good squad player for us but didn't think he could be more than that being honest. So I guess I've been a bit surprised at how well he has done with Benfica and how good he has become.

Thought he was a good player when he was here, thought he could have made into a good squad player for us but didn't think he could be more than that being honest. So I guess I've been a bit surprised at how well he has done with Benfica and how good he has become.

Liverpool heavily linked to him in the Portuguese media. Same journo that revealed Liverpool's interest in Tiago Ilori. Thanks for the opinion Johner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

its funny how Chelsea sold him for peanuts as part of the Luiz deal, and now they could really do with a player like him in midfield

its funny how Chelsea sold him for peanuts as part of the Luiz deal, and now they could really do with a player like him in midfield

Matic was never going to get the game time he needed with us and he was to good to go on loan for a year.

Benfica done well out of the deal considering they had sold Ramires already to us at that stage so Matic had less competition to get into the CM.

TBH he wasnt great against us in the Europa League final so he still has a way to go before he can be considered a top talent but his switch to Benfica and consistently getting games sure will help him, another step up in terms of quality of the league will probably see him get better, hes still a young lad.

• Advertisement

Matic was never going to get the game time he needed with us and he was to good to go on loan for a year.

Benfica done well out of the deal considering they had sold Ramires already to us at that stage so Matic had less competition to get into the CM.

TBH he wasnt great against us in the Europa League final so he still has a way to go before he can be considered a top talent but his switch to Benfica and consistently getting games sure will help him, another step up in terms of quality of the league will probably see him get better, hes still a young lad.

He's almost 26 so I wouldn't consider him young but it's also unfair IMO to judge him on one poor game. I don't see why he was too good to go on loan for a year. Is Courtois not too good to go on loan for a year?
    Benfica look like they will get over £20 million for him so it looks like Chelsea did make a massive mistake letting him go.

I would take him in a heart-beat, he may not be the pretties looking but would add some steel in midfield for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

He's almost 26 so I wouldn't consider him young but it's also unfair IMO to judge him on one poor game. I don't see why he was too good to go on loan for a year. Is Courtois not too good to go on loan for a year?
    Benfica look like they will get over £20 million for him so it looks like Chelsea did make a massive mistake letting him go.

he was never gonna get games with us to justify any team coming in and spendig 20million on him. Fair play to the lad hes managed to carve out a better career for himself then we could have given him but cm, apart from ramires is a problem area for us.

Khedira or Pogba would be huge assets to our cm but would we get either??

• Advertisement

Pogba would be great, can't see it happening though. Khedira would also be a good signing.

he was never gonna get games with us to justify any team coming in and spendig 20million on him. Fair play to the lad hes managed to carve out a better career for himself then we could have given him but cm, apart from ramires is a problem area for us.

Khedira or Pogba would be huge assets to our cm but would we get either??

He's better than Mikel and he could possibly have been better when he was at Chelsea too if he was given the chance.
    Pogba's agent was on record last weekend as saying he'd be open to a big offer and Khedira seems to be close to Jose but if Matic had been given a proper chance at Chelsea they may not need to buy Pogba or Khedira.

Pogba would be great, can't see it happening though. Khedira would also be a good signing.

Massive "If" those quotes in the article I linked are true, it does sound pretty positive.
    'I’m not a Spanish player, I did not cost a lot of money and I am one of Mourinho’s disciples.

Schurrle has scored 2 tonight. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Schurrle has scored 2 tonight. :o

3 now. Away in Sweden, and the last one was very nice as well.

Hatrick for Shirley! Hope he continues this form for us, an absolute certainty to start now on Saturday.

Mata scored for Spain, 2 minutes after coming on.

Lukaku assists a de Bruyne goal now.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

Chelsea players scoring everywhere tonight, watch them come back off the international break and not have a sniff of a goal for the next month!

Ye can't blame me for Schurrle 's form tonight!:pac::pac:
    (flash in the pan, he'll do nothing at the weekend)
    :eek::pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement