Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

How could you Gav :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Soby wrote: »
    How could you Gav :(

Did I kill ya in GTA?? I was pop shoting a few people and I hit a few of the ACAS crew, wasnt meant. the 2nd was a sniper from hundreds of yards out I didnt even get a gamer tag so I didnt know who it was. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Did I kill ya in GTA?? I was pop shoting a few people and I hit a few of the ACAS crew, wasnt meant. the 2nd was a sniper from hundreds of yards out I didnt even get a gamer tag so I didnt know who it was. :o

Ye that sniper shot was me , some shot I couldnt even see ya. Was absolute mayhem , explosions and people killing each other everywhere haha :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Can we start a Chelsea boards.ie crew?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

duploelabs wrote: »
    Can we start a Chelsea boards.ie crew?

the headhunters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

peteeeed wrote: »
    the headhunters

Have you a link? Can't find it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Not forgetting that in addition to Schurrle, Mata and KdB scoring in the WC qualifiers, there was (yet another) goal for Oscar in Brazil's friendly against Zambia the night before.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2461191/Brazil-beat-Zambia-Beijing-Chelseas-Oscar-opens-scoring.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

duploelabs wrote: »
    Have you a link? Can't find it

sorry i was suggesting a name , ive not played it online yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Is everyone on holiday's or off to the Bridge for the match tomorrow?

Looks like the Mutu saga might be coming to a head.

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/10/18/chelsea-set-for-21m-windfall-report/?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

What do we think the team for tomorrow will be?

I'd go with,

Cech
    Ivanovic Terry Luiz Bertrand
    Ramires Lampard
    Mata Oscar Schurrle
    Ba

Would be mad not to play Schurrle after he scored 4 goals in two games for Germany and I think Ba earned a starting place with his performance against Norwich. Torres is injured and Cole is a major doubt. With Schalke away on Tuesday though I wouldn't be surprised to see a few changes in the side, maybe Cahill and Azpilicueta might start. I'd rest Hazard for Tuesday.

Johner wrote: »
    What do we think the team for tomorrow will be?

I'd go with,

Cech
    Ivanovic Terry Luiz Bertrand
    Ramires Lampard
    Mata Oscar Schurrle
    Ba

Would be mad not to play Schurrle after he scored 4 goals in two games for Germany and I think Ba earned a starting place with his performance against Norwich. Torres is injured and Cole is a major doubt. With Schalke away on Tuesday though I wouldn't be surprised to see a few changes in the side, maybe Cahill and Azpilicueta might start. I'd rest Hazard for Tuesday.

For the sake of my fantasy team Hazard has to play, but in reality I think you might be close with that selection. If TSHO is feeling adventurous maybe Haz for Ba with Schurrle up front

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Is everyone on holiday's or off to the Bridge for the match tomorrow?

Looks like the Mutu saga might be coming to a head.

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/10/18/chelsea-set-for-21m-windfall-report/?

Heading over for the game tomorrow, first of the season.

Hope KDB gets a run.

Enjoy Techless hope you bring us luck.

Looks like no Schurrle for tomorrow but Nando passed fit and with the Brazilian guys only returning back late from their matches it is anyones guess now I suppose as to the starting line up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Enjoy Techless hope you bring us luck.

Looks like no Schurrle for tomorrow but Nando passed fit and with the Brazilian guys only returning back late from their matches it is anyones guess now I suppose as to the starting line up.

Blimey may have to re-think Oscar as my fantasy football captain so!

• Advertisement

Barca can do one regarding Courtois. Id say Ba might start tomorrow, was hoping Schurrle would play tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

Mourinho's forward to Drogba's new book, possibly the best written and most moving forward I've ever read.

I’m a person who likes to treasure memories, and with them I can tell the world many things. I’m not a writer, even less a poet, but my life has been rich with stories, stories full of extraordinary moments. Looking back at them, I can find only a few special people who I will keep in my soul and in my heart forever.
    Didier Drogba came into my life in the fifth minute of a Champions League game in Marseille’s mythical Vélodrome. I’d hardly sat down when that giant with the number 11 on his shirt scored. I remember he celebrated that goal like it was his last and he turned an already hostile atmosphere into a fireball of flares, chants and emotion. The crowd went mad, the noise was deafening.
    At half-time I found him in the tunnel and told him: ‘I don’t have the money to buy you, but do you have any cousins that can play like you in the Ivory Coast?’ In the middle of this tense qualification game he laughed, hugged me and said: ‘One day you’ll be in a club which can buy me.’
    Six months later I signed for Chelsea. I had found a super powerful club which everybody wanted to negotiate with, everybody wanted to be linked to – and everybody wanted to play for. I had a number of options, but I arrived and said: ‘I want Didier Drogba.’ Doubts and questions were raised by a few people: ‘Why this one?’, ‘Why not that one?’, ‘Are you sure he will adapt?’, ‘Is he really that good?’
    ‘I want Didier Drogba,’ I said.

A few days passed and I met with Didier in a private airport in London. Again he hugged me, but this time in an unforgettable way: an embrace that showed this man’s gratitude, and the affection he feels towards people who mean a lot to him. Indescribable. Then he told me: ‘Thank you. I will fight for you. You won’t regret it. I will stay loyal to you forever.’ And that’s just what he’s done. His loyalty came out in his leadership and in the way he always faced up to the difficult moments. Moments when nothing else matters than to be there for your leader and your colleagues. This was a person I knew I could count on whenever and wherever I needed. When the team was under pressure he would go back and help the defenders; when he felt pain he would stretch himself to the limit and never give up. Then of course came what he did best: he scored and scored. Those goals brought him titles, amazing awards, but what stays with me are the countless stories we have together.

The FA Cup final at the new Wembley Stadium, 2007. Manchester United: the last game of the season. A lot of people thought this would be my last game in charge of Chelsea. It was a great battle, and then Didier scored in extra-time. The final whistle blew and everybody went mad – apart from two calm individuals. I ran into the dressing room to call my wife. One player avoided the immediate celebrations and followed me down the tunnel. It was Didier, chasing me for a hug. The game was over but in his mind as he left the pitch was only one thing: to hug me as soon as possible. Was he remembering our first encounter? Our second? Or was he thinking that this embrace could be the last…? He found me, we hugged and we cried.

Didier is a special person. And I repeat if I may: person. I could say player of course – and he’s an unbelievable one – but above all, his impact on the world at the moment is as a person: as an African, as an emperor of the Ivory Coast, as a father, and as a son and as a friend. And some of us have the privilege to have him in our lives. Months after the Cup final I was out of Chelsea. As on the first day, there came that same embrace. I couldn’t speak and Didier could only say: ‘This is not possible, this is not possible, this is not happening.’ I could only find the strength to turn and walk away.
    Perhaps this preface should focus on Didier the player. But the player everybody knows – the leader, the title collector, the benefactor as well. All these things he has achieved with skill, effort and humility. Didier is in my life as one of the best players I have managed in my career. But much more importantly, he’s in my life as one of the best and most unforgettable friends.Together, the two of us side by side, fighting for the same thing? Far away? In different clubs? In different countries? Or old, with Didier in retirement and me coaching in a wheelchair? It doesn’t matter.
    Didier. Always near to my heart.”
    – Jose Mourinho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Crying-meme.png

Thats brilliant. Great read from Jose, very emotional and heart felt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Mou says Schurlle injured himself on international duty and Oscar needs a rest so he'll be on the bench. Front 3 of Hazard Mata and Willian possibly? I think De Bruyne might get a chance to prove himself from the bench depending how the game is going.

• Advertisement

What do we reckon today? Id love an easy game and 3points but after international games ya can never tell.

I think we will win easily. 4-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Lukker- wrote: »
    Mou says Schurlle injured himself on international duty and Oscar needs a rest so he'll be on the bench. Front 3 of Hazard Mata and Willian possibly? I think De Bruyne might get a chance to prove himself from the bench depending how the game is going.

do you have a quote for oscar being on the bench?
    disaster if true I gambled on him as my fantasy captain, should have went with lukaku.

Willian starts.

Team v Cardiff: Cech; Ivanovic, D Luiz, Terry (c), Bertrand; Ramires, Lampard; Willian, Mata, Hazard; Eto’o.

Luiz. :rolleyes:

WTF was that from Luiz :rolleyes:

It's just not good enough from Luiz, as good as he is he makes far to many mistakes to be a world class centre half.

Cahill will be in soon if that costs us today, absolutely stupid from Luiz after a few weeks of good play.

The only positive thing is it was early.

• Advertisement

Every touch from Willian has been poor.

Eto'o and Bertrand are doing well.

f**k sake

Should have done better on the break there.

It could be one of those days for us.

Jose hasnt lost a league game at the Bridge yet though.

Could see a Jose change at Half time.

This is utter sh*te TBH.

He was outside there wasnt he, f**k sake

Get f**king in

• Advertisement

Yessssss Hazard, what was Eto'o at though looks like he is afraid to score.

What was Eto'o doing anyway

Eto'o did really well though in fairness to nick that off the keeper. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

What did Luiz do? I'm assuming it lead to their goal.

Essien wrote: »
    What did Luiz do? I'm assuming it lead to their goal.

Tried to leave a ball roll through to Cech but Cech was on his line and Cardiff scored.

It was way worse then our equaliser.

Come in, a 2nd before halt time would be deserved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Tried to leave a ball roll through to Cech but Cech was on his line and Cardiff scored.

It was way worse then our equaliser.

It sickens me when he does this stuff, I've said time and time again that he's technically and physically as good as any CB out there but he just hasn't got a lick of sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Credit to Eto'o, ok he fluffs the chance but he did brilliantly to nick that ball, such quick thinking and Hazard dispatches the chance. 1-1, the second half of that first half was much better, just need to find the goal to get the lead now. On the downside, Ivanovic's delivery and general play in possession has ranged from poor to amateurish.

Oscar & Torres on should see us over the line.

Luiz is a red card waiting to happen.

That was a great corner

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement