Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Phoenix wrote: »
    So lads...zonal marking any evidence of that lately>?:pac:

any sort of marking would do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Does anyone else think that if we appointed moyes that the media might go a bit easier on chelsea because he is british and they would want him to succeed more? I have a feeling they would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'd say no, theyed be saying Rafa wasnt he right man for the job but Roman shouldnt have sacked RDM and then theyed be all over Moyes waiting for him to fail after the stability hes brought to Everton.

Chelsea are a rag's wet dream over the last few years they'll only be too happy to see us fail for more column inches.

I think Moyes would be mad to take the job and going on nothing but what we know through the media and how he comes across, I'd say he wouldnt take it.

Although there is a point to be made that how much further can he take Everton?

Bringing Begovic in, though, would not affect Chelsea’s quantity of homegrown players, as he is now assimilated - he started his career as youth team player at Portsmouth.

Though Stoke would be reluctant to lose Begovic, he is being seriously considered at Stamford Bridge as possible signing on deadline day.

Chelsea need high-class back up for Cech, as it is likely they will use Thibaut Courtois - who is currently on loan with Atletico Madrid - in a part-exchange deal for Radamel Falcao this summer.

This is what the Mail think of it anyway FWIW.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    [/COLOR]

This is what the Mail think of it anyway FWIW.[/LEFT]

the fact that we seem to be looking at keepers could mean a deal has been done for courtois , hope not

peteeeed wrote: »
    the fact that we seem to be looking at keepers could mean a deal has been done for courtois , hope not

Didnt Falcao let it slip on Twitter he was joining us a few weeks back?

A deal could be already done and in place at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

That was a hack afaik, and he normally tweets in Spanish and that tweet was in English, looked odd

That was a hack afaik, and he normally tweets in Spanish and that tweet was in English, looked odd

I'd take it with a large side of salt.

But if we do sign a keeper Courtois leaving would look more likely which is a crying shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Fake account. I don't see us signing him to be perfectly honest. Not with Torres still in the squad. I don't see where he'll get the wages he's on at Chelsea so offloading him seems unlikely. Can see Falcao at City or Real.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Jack Butland has signed for Stoke

• Advertisement

amiable wrote: »
    Jack Butland has signed for Stoke

Well thats begovic out the door I reckon. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Well thats begovic out the door I reckon. :eek:

Butland back to Brum on loan

amiable wrote: »
    Butland back to Brum on loan

If the ramblings were true that Butland was only going for 1st team ball then you could assume Begovic is off in the summer.

I still hope we dont go for Begovic not with Courtois out on loan.

I wouldnt swap Courtois and money for Falcao anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

If the ramblings were true that Butland was only going for 1st team ball then you could assume Begovic is off in the summer.

SSN saying Butland might even be loaned out again next season.

Reading between the lines it's definitely looking like Coutois won't actually ever play a game for Chelsea. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Really:eek: I would have no problem with that. It's a major ace that we have up our sleeve for falcao and could reduce any potential transfer fee for him drastically. We have cech who has many good years left so unless we are planning on dumping him out in the next season then we have no use for courtois (he is too good for the bench and so is cech).

Depends on what we value Courtois at, Atletico valued De Gea at £17Million or so we're told, I reckon Courtois is more valuable.

If we got £20 Million for Courtois and got that off a Falcao deal it would be good but I'd still hang onto a guy that is going to be one of the best in the world in the next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Depends on what we value Courtois at, Atletico valued De Gea at £17Million or so we're told, I reckon Courtois is more valuable.

If we got £20 Million for Courtois and got that off a Falcao deal it would be good but I'd still hang onto a guy that is going to be one of the best in the world in the next few years.

I wonder if we were to do that if we could have a first refusal clause in his contract?

Personally I would not swap Courtois neither good goalkeepers are far to hard to come by, he also does not seem to have a problem staying on loan whilst waiting for a chance with us.

Willian to Anzhi is been reported now, something crazy like over £30Million. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

CHELSEA BREAKING NEWS

The FA independent panel have decided not to increase Eden Hazard's three-match ban, following the incident between him and the Swansea ball boy

• Advertisement

Willian to Anzhi is been reported now, something crazy like over £30Million. :eek:

its been rejected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

CHELSEA BREAKING NEWS

The FA independent panel have decided not to increase Eden Hazard's three-match ban, following the incident between him and the Swansea ball boy

Proper order.
    I think they dipped their toe in the water to see public opinion, heard how few people wanted Hazards ban increased and did the sensible thing. If the press had been in uproar maybe they would have acted differently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

I'd take it with a large side of salt.

But if we do sign a keeper Courtois leaving would look more likely which is a crying shame.

I take Courtois back as Cech has been injured a few times this season. With him he could play the cups next year and a few prem games against should beat teams :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Just watching Harry Redknapp on SSN. He said the chairman told him "I got ya a centre half" talking about Samba. Chelsea get loads of abuse about the club making signings and not the manager. It's obviously a more common thing to go on than people think.

Also Chelsea youngster Patrick Bamford has extended his loan spell with MK Dons until the end of the season.

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Just watching Harry Redknapp on SSN. He said the chairman told him "I got ya a centre half" talking about Samba. Chelsea get loads of abuse about the club making signings and not the manager. It's obviously a more common thing to go on than people think.

Also Chelsea youngster Patrick Bamford has extended his loan spell with MK Dons until the end of the season.

Sky sports news really does get on my tits on deadline day, I'm sure pretty soon there will be sky sports redknapp channel, he will speak to them at anytime day or night .

Good news about Bamford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I really wish real life was more like Football Manager where I'm managing Chelsea; deBruyne and Courtois are more or less proper first team players for me. Danilo, Christian Stuani, Facundo Ferreyra, Sami Khedira, Marek Hamsik and Benedikt Howedes are all players I've transferred in (and all are playing brilliantly). Also, Torres is only bleedin' lethal while we're at it.

Why, oh why does it only have to be a beautiful simulation??? :( :P

• Advertisement

Caveman1 wrote: »

Now I don't want to be a cynic or anything about 'Arry or Chairmans choice of centre half. But wonder if you can guess which premier league manager Samba shares an Agent with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

i've got nothing to say, this season has done me in
    Well, this season is almost exactly like last season, except without the redeeming possibility of the Champions League. :(

Grin and bear it. If we get fourth or better, that's our passport to the prospect of a better year next year.

Thinking of Mourinho, first off, he has to *want* to come back to CFC. He could easily decide to mess with RA's mind and lead him up the garden path, and then sign for a Manchester. That would be payback for Abramovich's bad karma.

If Mourinho is to come back to CFC, I think it'll be for a longer haul. He'll need to be convinced that CFC is a club he can bring back to the top and keep there. If he reckons Chelsea have had their day, I think he'll opt for Man U.

For my money Ferguson has been keeping United going on a wing and a prayer. Utd have tradition and results. But can they maintain it without Ferguson? I think Utd could become surprisingly ordinary post-Fergie. Power could shift back to Chelsea under the right circumstances. So the choice is Mourinho's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Rumours (twitter) circulating Kaka to us on a loan deal

Will be glued to the 1 hour special at 10 on Chelsea tv :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

rumour roman is loaning ba back to newcastle:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Can't see anything happening this late, would have loved Fellaini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

kevthegaff wrote: »

Rumour is I call shenanigans, Bs is our only striker capable of getting us goals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

kevthegaff wrote: »

Twitter has wrecked transfer windows lately :rolleyes:

Courtois concedes first goal at home in
    Over a 1000 minutes

Courtois concedes first goal at home in
    Over a 1000 minutes

:eek: sell him!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

:eek: sell him!!!

don't worry, you's will in the summer. ;)

Rafa just signed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Rafa just signed

Signed what?
    A termination of contract paper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Panthro wrote: »
    Signed what?
    A termination of contract paper?

:D:D:D

GiGi's tits!

• Advertisement

Rafa just signed

For 12 big macs, 5 twisty fries and a pie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Jody Morris is a free agent after being released by Bristol City. I wonder if he's ever considered managing a football team.

We should know today at Rafa's presser if Mata will play against Newcastle or not.

If hes out its going to be a struggle. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

We should know today at Rafa's presser if Mata will play against Newcastle or not.

If hes out its going to be a struggle. :(

mata posted on his twitter last night that the ankle is much better

Phoenix wrote: »
    We are away though gav so well be alright
    :pac:

Like Wednesday night? :o:(
    mata posted on his twitter last night that the ankle is much better

Hopefully the medical staff say hes fit enough to make it. Hazard is a huge loss but lopsing mata for a few games would be devasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

We struggle without Hazard and Moses nevermind adding our best player (Mata) to the equation. Will be another start for Bertrand on the left which is a waste of time IMO.
    But unfortunitly we dont have any other option because we loaned Debruyne and Piazon out and we will leave Marin on the bench. Ramires and Lampard to play deep in midfield because we loaned Essien out with ACON this year and Oriol picking up an injuriy we have to have a make shift deep midfield. We may also play Torres because we paid an eye watering 50m on him and sold Sturridge. But in fairness we bought Ba to keep Sturridges seat warm on the bench..........im not bitter at all i swear!!

What a disaster of a season!

we do have a lot of players missing for various reasons. if we can get through the next 2 weeks , we should finish the season well and get in the top 4 say bye bye to rafa . read somewhere last night that hiddink might be our man for next season (i'm really trying to be positive)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

what a day wrote: »
    We struggle without Hazard and Moses nevermind adding our best player (Mata) to the equation. Will be another start for Bertrand on the left which is a waste of time IMO.
    But unfortunitly we dont have any other option because we loaned Debruyne and Piazon out and we will leave Marin on the bench. Ramires and Lampard to play deep in midfield because we loaned Essien out with ACON this year and Oriol picking up an injuriy we have to have a make shift deep midfield. We may also play Torres because we paid an eye watering 50m on him and sold Sturridge. But in fairness we bought Ba to keep Sturridges seat warm on the bench..........im not bitter at all i swear!!

What a disaster of a season!

Ah go on what a day tell us what you really think

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement