Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Should have scored and that was a corner too.

Mata..... :rolleyes: :pac:

Started very well.

Mata hasnt been great.

Torres on soon too would be nice

Eto'o offside again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Torres for Bertrand.

Bertrand for Torres :eek:

3 at the back again/ :eek: nearly killed us against Norwich.

Just like that right there.

• Advertisement

Great goal sammy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Get in my son.

If it stays like this we'r up into 2nd on GD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Impressive finish from Eto'o. Sideshow is still worrying the shyte out of me though.

Jose sent off?

Think we need a 3rd to be safe, I'm never relaxed when we have a 1 goal lead.

f**k sake, that was a good block

Theyre getting in way to easy

3 points, what a strike

• Advertisement

Oh you beauty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Now we are sucking diesel.

Willian should have made it 4

Poor keeping good run from Hazard.

Easy easy easy. :pac:

We cant be caught for 2nd tonight anyway.

• Advertisement

Utd just left in an equaliser. :eek:

Ambitious from Luiz. :confused: Got away with his stupid mistake.

Happy that we've managed to score more freely but 3 mistakes or poor keeping has gifted us today.

Happy we've won but 4-1 paints it alot more pretty then it was.

We still have to improve to win this league.

All over at Old Trafford. 1-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Not a great performance at all. We had alot of players on international duty so I'm just happy to get 3 points and the 4 goals was a bonus. Also really glad Eto'o got off the mark for us though. Hopefully Torres can get one mid-week :)

• Advertisement

Duck Soup wrote: »
    All over at Old Trafford. 1-1.

Southampton are no mugs but from rading the Utd thread and match thread Moyes got the subs wrong and it cost them.

Its good for us as he'll get it right eventually but I'm liking the gap we currently have over them.

As it stands:

1. Arsenal Played: 8 Points: 19

2. Chelsea Played: 8 Points: 17

3. Liverpool Played: 8 Points: 17

4. Southampton Played: 8 Points: 15

5. Everton Played: 8 Points: 15

6. Man City Played: 7 Points: 13

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

For 75 minutes I thought it was quite good offensively, defensively it did leave something to be desired though. All the same, 4-1, after being 1-0, it's tough to gripe about that kind of result and performance particularly when there was a couple of excellent showings from Eto'o and Hazard. Taking into account the results of Liverpool and Man Utd today, it's been a great day for Chelsea. All huge credit to Mourinho, at 1-1 with 30 minutes remaining I thought it may have been too soon to go with the 3 at the back, it almost cost him but Eto'o (the striker he decided to leave on) scored a cracking goal and that was really the goal that won the game today.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Southampton are no mugs but from rading the Utd thread and match thread Moyes got the subs wrong and it cost them.

Its good for us as he'll get it right eventually but I'm liking the gap we currently have over them.

I think United's problem is bigger than that. Ferguson managed to get an extra 10% (at least) from every player on the pitch. Even as they were romping away with the title last season, I kept wondering how they were doing it with such a mediocre (in Utd's terms) group of players.

On paper - and as we know football is never played on paper - City should have walked it last season with the players they have. And this season, come to that.

I've no doubt United will improve, but Moyes will only ever get them efficient, rather than playing out of their skin.

Arsenal look the most genuine contenders at the moment and Chelsea are starting to look like a Jose team of old. In the home stretch, it could be between them two plus City if they can get their underperforming act together.

4-1 flattered us, thought Cardiff looked decent enough but our quality told in the end, not a great performance but a great result. Hazard was excellent and Bertrand has a really solid game, thought Eto'o did alright in parts and scored a nice goal.

Luiz was awful and I don't think Jose will put up with any more of his mistakes at centre half. I love Luiz and he is a fantastic footballer but he is meant to be a defender, I really don't think he will ever become a world class centre half because of the mistakes he makes, off the top of my head he was at fault for goals against Everton, Norwich and Cardiff, it's not good enough. I'd have no problem with him being put into midfield and slotting Cahill in. We get carried away with praise for Luiz because he is such a gifted footballer with an amazing passing range but thats no good when your defender switches off even once over the 90 minutes.

Johner wrote: »
    4-1 flattered us, thought Cardiff looked decent enough but our quality told in the end, not a great performance but a great result. Hazard was excellent and Bertrand has a really solid game, thought Eto'o did alright in parts and scored a nice goal.

Luiz was awful and I don't think Jose will put up with any more of his mistakes at centre half. I love Luiz and he is a fantastic footballer but he is meant to be a defender, I really don't think he will ever become a world class centre half because of the mistakes he makes, off the top of my head he was at fault for goals against Everton, Norwich and Cardiff, it's not good enough. I'd have no problem with him being put into midfield and slotting Cahill in. We get carried away with praise for Luiz because he is such a gifted footballer with an amazing passing range but thats no good when your defender switches off even once over the 90 minutes.

If he switches off at 3/4-0 up you wouldnt care to much but when you go 1-0 down because of him its always going to cost us and it was an uphill battle, if we were playing a City or Arsenal and that happened we'd have lost today.

Jose-Mourinho-sent-off.jpg

Jose was very annoyed with whatever decision the ref did or didnt make then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Jose was very annoyed with whatever decision the ref did or didnt make then.

It was to do with the time wasting from the start and ivan got told to hurry up for a throw in within 2 seconds when chelsea went 2 up. The assistant manger said that after the game
    I think the interview is up on YouTube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Johner wrote: »

On Luiz, Jose is giving him every chance. Which, considering how tough he's been on other squad members and how 'meh' he was about him right from the beginning, is saying a lot.

For my money, Luiz doesn't have the application to consistently deliver in defence. I think he only has a future if Mourinho finds a role for him in front of defence, and is prepared to take the best out of him in tournaments - mainly the UCL, where he could excel. But again can he even be relied upon to discharge defensive duties in that position too.

My biggest fear about Luiz is that he's a bit of a glory hunter, and he's just not going to be there for the hard graft over the winter. That's what Mourinho needs to win the EPL. Graft and commitment through the rough, unglamorous Christmas and January fixture list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

The City game next Sunday is massive,
    Win that and we have 8 relatively easy league games coming up.

Win it and we will be top at Christmas I feel, especially considering the fixtures the other top teams have coming up.

The City game next Sunday is massive,
    Win that and we have 8 relatively easy league games coming up.

Win it and we will be top at Christmas I feel, especially considering the fixtures the other top teams have coming up.

We've a p*ss poor record against City so I'd love if we could turn the around and start from here.

We've to be a lot better against City, I'm thinking 2nd half of the spurs game, the 120mins against Bayern, there the kind fo performances we can produce but we've to be more consistent and we'll be a threat to any team in the league.

Schalke double header is huge in the UCL as well, 4 points is a must at the very least from these 2 games although if we can win in Germany I'd be very confident we'll do the double over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Enjoyed the result from my first trip of the season but can't say the same about the performance. Thought we were way too casual and very lethargic in our approach, everything seemed to move slow with no pace or energy, maybe this was as a result of the internationals.....
    Thought Mata was very quiet and Luiz was erratic to say the least.
    I love Ivan but his crossing was woeful.
    Plus point was the performance of Eto, he did play with energy and enthusiasm, looked sharp and scored a great goal. He looks a lot fitter and will prove to be a very astute signing as the season goes on.
    Again Oscar made a huge difference when he came on, when I saw him on his debut last season I thought this lad was the future and he most definitely is, he is a gem of a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

oscar really is turning into the star man, seemed to up the tempo when he came on also going 3 at the back worked again and dave fitted in nicely when he came on

There was a few at the start of the season that questionned why Jose was moving him inside to the number 10 role and pushed Mata to the wing, TBH its paid dividends as Oscar has been our best player, hes been very consistent and the guy is still so young he can acheive anything in his career, hes a sublime talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

peteeeed wrote: »
    oscar really is turning into the star man, seemed to up the tempo when he came on also going 3 at the back worked again and dave fitted in nicely when he came on
    He was impressive from what I saw of the highlights - making me look a right fool so he is! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Happy that the Schalke game is on tuesday means we get an extra days rest over city, they are also travelling a little bit further then us but not much. Don't really think it will make too much of a difference because the game is on Sunday.

• Advertisement

D'Agger wrote: »
    He was impressive from what I saw of the highlights - making me look a right fool so he is! :pac:

What did ya say about him? :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement