Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Cant lose tomorrow really after United, Arsenal and Liverpool winning today.

I'd take a draw though!

I'm going to go all out and go for the win tomorrow! Aside from sometimes a lack of confidence we have as good a squad as any and dare I say it a £50 million striker who finally seems to be showing his worth ( just not in the league yet ) and in my opinion a superior manager who has had the upper hand in most of there encounters. I was on holls when we went to old Trafford but always felt that we misses a serious oppertunity by not going for the jugular that day! Utd were there for the taking and the psychological boost so early in the season would have been invaluable to our title challenge this year, if we don't really go for it tomorrow at home and keep the pressure on arsenal before they go into a difficult run it could very well end up another missed oppertunity.
    Prediction 2-1 Nando to score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I'm going to go all out and go for the win tomorrow! Aside from sometimes a lack of confidence we have as good a squad as any and dare I say it a £50 million striker who finally seems to be showing his worth ( just not in the league yet ) and in my opinion a superior manager who has had the upper hand in most of there encounters. I was on holls when we went to old Trafford but always felt that we misses a serious oppertunity by not going for the jugular that day! Utd were there for the taking and the psychological boost so early in the season would have been invaluable to our title challenge this year, if we don't really go for it tomorrow at home and keep the pressure on arsenal before they go into a difficult run it could very well end up another missed oppertunity.

I am so bloody excited by the thought of today's match, come on chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

All out and predict Chelsea to put in a good shift today, 3-1. Andre to miss 3 attempts!!

Panthro wrote: »
    All out and predict Chelsea to put in a good shift today, 3-1. Andre to miss 3 attempts!!

We'll unfortunately it's the same as when utd robbed us at the bridge last year I have to do some spookey Halloween thing with the kids so I'll be relying on all the bordsies to keep me in the loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Nice bottle of Mas du Novi prestigi open and breathing looking forward to this slightly nervous need a win but so do City should be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Huge game today to say the least, if Cardiff can stick them on their own patch theres no reason why we cant at the bridge. Building with excitement now might even chance a beverage or 2.

Same team as Tuesday so Schurrle work rate wins out hope he manages to pass to Chelsea players today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Very excited for the game today, thought schurrle would win out, impact sub of Mata early in the second half hopefully!

Yea me too fear Mata will be off to Paris in January which is an awful shame

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Poor 'Nando, what an effort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

get innnnn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM TORRES

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Huge huge win. Wasn't deserved but **** it. Next 7 league games aren't the worst!

Newcastle away
    WBA home
    West Ham away
    Southampton home
    Sunderland away
    Stoke away
    Palace home

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    get innnnn

absolutely delighted :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

No reason why we should be left out of the celebrations going on at The Bridge.............

We can win our next seven games:

Nov 2 12:45 Newcastle United Away
    Nov 9 15:00 West Bromwich Home
    Nov 23 17:30 West Ham Away
    Dec 1 16:10 Chelsea Home
    Dec 4 19:45 Sunderland Away
    Dec 7 15:00 Stoke City Away
    Dec 14 15:00 Chelsea Home

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Cheers Joe. Poor second half showing though in all honesty, we should've kicked on rather than concede.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

As Souness said, "[Chelsea] can win ugly". I don't care if it's pretty, you don't look at the mantle when you're poking the fire. The result is all that matters. Chelsea won. Chelsea got 3 points. End of. 2-1. 10-0. It's all the same, tbh.

Is it also wrong that I feel so, so deliriously happy for Nando? I did celebrate like a headcase when the winner went in, but I think it meant more because it was Nando who got it. If that makes any sense? Of all the players on that pitch today, Torres deserved a goal more than any one of them. He played his heart out and I never felt so sorry for a player when his gorgeous effort hit the bar. But he got his reward.

Yeah, the goal was a simple one, but he never gave up on the ball, kept going and was being closed down while shooting. He needed to keep his cool and composure. And he did. He fúcking fell over after he scored, but that was ok. He scored. Chelsea won. Man City lost. And all is right with the universe.

And that's the way it is, on this, the first official day of Winter, 2013.

Should put some money on that! Delighted with that, can't wait to see that tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

5 wins on the trot now since the draw at Spurs and 7 wins and 1 draw since the loss at Basle. Our fixtures coming up aren't the hardest but we need to keep our concentration and push on.

obama%2Bwide-grin_1548848i.jpg

obama_big_grin.jpg

obama-sly-grin.jpg

Kinda sums up how I'm feeling at the moment... :D especially when I'm talking to a few of my Man City supporting friends... :P

That's the great thing about Hart, there is normally one decent cock up per game. Petr was caught out by sheer ability of Aguario Hart just messed it up many thanks City deserved a point at least but more than happy with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

If man city dropped hart and played the tall sub keeper that played in the cup they could be top. Hope Hart stays as no. 1 as he will cost them points big time.
    Only caught the last 10 minutes but happy Torres scored and 3 points in the bag.
    Was Mikel any good when he came on?

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    If man city dropped hart and played the tall sub keeper that played in the cup they could be top. Hope Hart stays as no. 1 as he will cost them points big time.
    Only caught the last 10 minutes but happy Torres scored and 3 points in the bag.
    Was Mikel any good when he came on?

Obi was solid but Lamps had another MIA day to be fair. JT has fronted up and deserves his place Lamps is rocky at the moment I think.

Pelligrini is a man scorned in the post match interview with clearly no love lost for Jose, it's about time we had a real top manager rivalry in the PL again but I suspect city's new boy is under a little more pressure than ours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Compared to our games against City in the last couple of years, the difference yesterday was night and day. And the difference is entirely down to Jose. In a few short months he has made us robust and resilient. In previous seasons, City have outmuscled us and turned us over. The midfield constructed around Mata and Tiki Taka-lite failed us in games just like these. Some might cavil that it's not as attractive as Mata, Hazard and Oscar at their best, but we're getting the points now, and starting to score goals.

I'm putting yesterday's result alongide Man U, Spurs and Bayern, and seeing strong evidence that Mourinho has *already* turned Chelsea into a team that the top sides are going to find very, very hard to beat. Certainly, there's no-one in the Premiership that we're going to fear.

More importantly, if we get to the end of the year top of our UCL group and the premiership, lots of transfer targets are going to see Chelsea as the premier destination in England.

Pelligrini is a man scorned in the post match interview with clearly no love lost for Jose, it's about time we had a real top manager rivalry in the PL again but I suspect city's new boy is under a little more pressure than ours.
    He's certainly not the greatest talker. And if many more results go against him, the team might really go to pieces.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'm going to say 2-1 to us in a tense, tactical game that will go right down to the wire.
    Good call. Including the 'wire' bit. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

McDave wrote: »
    Compared to our games against City in the last couple of years, the difference yesterday was night and day. And the difference is entirely down to Jose. In a few short months he has made us robust and resilient. In previous seasons, City have outmuscled us and turned us over. The midfield constructed around Mata and Tiki Taka-lite failed us in games just like these. Some might cavil that it's not as attractive as Mata, Hazard and Oscar at their best, but we're getting the points now, and starting to score goals.

I'm putting yesterday's result alongide Man U, Spurs and Bayern, and seeing strong evidence that Mourinho has *already* turned Chelsea into a team that the top sides are going to find it very, very hard to beat. Certainly, there's no-one in the Premiership that we're not going to fear.

More importantly, if we get to the end of the year top of our UCL group and th premiership, lots of transfer targets are going to see Chelsea as the premier destination in England.

I couldn't agree more. The last couple of seasons the club seemed to be going backwards, from being a serious threat to the best in Europe to dropping down more towards an Arsenal/Spurs level. I know the club won the Champions League in that period in a season where we were probably the least fancied to win it in all the time Abramovich had been at the club but still 6th place in the league, third last season, it just wasn't good enough. Mourinho has come in and the change has been blinding and has occurred so quickly and for that the squad deserves real credit for buying into what Mourinho has been preaching. It really is a very exciting time to be a Chelsea fan.

I couldn't agree more. The last couple of seasons the club seemed to be going backwards, from being a serious threat to the best in Europe to dropping down more towards an Arsenal/Spurs level. I know the club won the Champions League in that period in a season where we were probably the least fancied to win it in all the time Abramovich had been at the club but still 6th place in the league, third last season, it just wasn't good enough. Mourinho has come in and the change has been blinding and has occurred so quickly and for that the squad deserves real credit for buying into what Mourinho has been preaching. It really is a very exciting time to be a Chelsea fan.
    All going well, Chelsea will be going into the next two transfer windows in a position of strength. I.e. not necessarily needing to buy much, and at the same time having players to sell for rather large piles of cash. That's a very good negotiation position to be in.

• Advertisement

Incidentally, letting Lukaku out on loan is looking smarter by the week. Torres looks fit and battle hardened and has the real opportunity under stable management to stake his claim. With the Bayern penalty miss, Jose probably reckoned Romelu isn't an old enough dog for the hard road yet. The outfit Jose had to settle for is looking more like a cohesive unit with each passing week. Having got over the City hurdle, Jose has a good stretch to really work on the squad and build their confidence through an extended undefeated streak. This team could have real self-belief by Christmas. In good time for the UCL knock-out phase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Letting lukaku go on loan is a stupid move. Torres isn't going to start every game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

RasTa wrote: »
    Letting lukaku go on loan is a stupid move. Torres isn't going to start every game

Neither was Lukaku. :confused:

I'd rather Lukaku play 30 games for Everton then play half that for us.

Neither was Lukaku. :confused:

I'd rather Lukaku play 30 games for Everton then play half that for us.

Never said he was but if Torres gets injured, than happy face. Also lukaku would have being a perfect sub to bring on ala Hernandez. Delighted he isn't there.

Never said he was but if Torres gets injured, than happy face. Also lukaku would have being a perfect sub to bring on ala Hernandez. Delighted he isn't there.
    Eto'o was brought in for cover should Torres get injured, as well as for rotation.

Of course there's no legislating for a season-long injury. Which would probably put us back in for a January replacement, or having to slug it out with makeshift options.

Lampard isn't good enough anymore. :( He needs to be dropped. Terry is an absolute machine, he is still class.

Lukaku doesn't want that, he wants to play every game. Hernandez doesn't want that either actually, won't be at United much longer.

Johner wrote: »
    Lampard isn't good enough anymore. :( He needs to be dropped. Terry is an absolute machine, he is still class.

Yup. Games can bypass Lamps very quickly these days. With MVG's injury we're not sorted with options inside CM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

This season has started so so well lads..

Im wary though..

Weve tended to be poor thoughout the winter in recent seasons, although we never were under Jose.

This season has started so so well lads..

Im wary though..

Weve tended to be poor thoughout the winter in recent seasons, although we never were under Jose.

True and we have 7 great easy league fixtures ahead, the future is bright, if Arsenal draw with liverpool we could be top for the rest of the season ;)

• Advertisement

:D

1382164_546157758793109_232608102_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Still think he has an important role to play but he shouldn't be starting every game. I think regular rotation would get the best out of him but CM really is a weak spot for us. We need someone in the mould of Javi Martinez to replace Lamps.

Lukaku doesn't want that, he wants to play every game. Hernandez doesn't want that either actually, won't be at United much longer.

Meh I know I'd rather have Lukaku coming on if you are 2-1 down with 15mins to go and most opposition teams would not.

This all stems from dave claiming that
    Incidentally, letting Lukaku out on loan is looking smarter by the week.

Surely you don't agree?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Also, it must be the 4th or 5th time now over Torres' Chelsea career where he looks to be 'getting back to his best'. But everytime so far he has fallen off the wagon, what makes people think it'll be different this time? Jose? I very much doubt it tbh.

His goal yesterday, what was it, his second in the league since Xmas?

Would trust Lukaku over Torres for the whole season ALL day long.

Meh I know I'd rather have Lukaku coming on if you are 2-1 down with 15mins to go and most opposition teams would not.

This all stems from dave claiming that

Surely you don't agree?
    Blatter wrote: »
    Also, it must be the 4th or 5th time now over Torres' Chelsea career where he looks to be 'getting back to his best'. But everytime so far he has fallen off the wagon, what makes people think it'll be different this time? Jose? I very much doubt it tbh.

His goal yesterday, what was it, his second in the league since Xmas?

Would trust Lukaku over Torres for the whole season ALL day long.

I want Lukaku as first choice striker! But if he wasn't guarenteed to start every week then the loan makes sense, should have been given the chance to lead the line for us though, he proved himself last season in the league. 22 goals in 50 league(and alot less starts) games is unbelievable for a 20 year old, he has the potential to be one of the best strikers in the world, I understand the loan and I don't!

I for one am happy to see him develop at Everton for this season, he will certainly be a lot more of a threat next season and one thing is for sure his heart is defiantly at chelsea and by him making the decision to go on loan proves his head is aswell

There'll be 9/10 changes tongiht anyway to the team that started Sunday.

I'd say

Schwarzer
    Azp Cahill Luiz Bert
    Essien Mikel
    De Bruyne Mata Willian
    Ba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Eden Hazard on the Ballon d'Or list as is jose

Seen it, neither will come close to winning it I reckon, wait until next year though. :pac:

• Advertisement

There'll be 9/10 changes tongiht anyway to the team that started Sunday.

I'd say

Schwarzer
    Azp Cahill Luiz Bert
    Essien Mikel
    De Bruyne Mata Willian
    Ba
    That's a pretty strong team, would be nice to see kdb shine. I wonder what really went on there he's been in complete exile now for a long time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement