Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Seen it, neither will come close to winning it I reckon, wait until next year though. :pac:

suprised mata didn't get a nod, our best player last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

kev1.3s wrote: »
    That's a pretty strong team, would be nice to see kdb shine. I wonder what really went on there he's been in complete exile now for a long time.

Must not be training well enough, apart from the Hull game he hasnt really played well when given a chance.

he has an opportunity to change that tonight, as Jose doen against Swindon, does that done well played at the weekend so the guys have a chance tonight.
    peteeeed wrote: »
    suprised mata didn't get a nod, our best player last season

Ya it was a weird one but these awards are fairly token gestures it'll be Messi or Ronaldo regardless and will be for a long time until one goes off the boil or is out for half the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Must admit I was wondering how long the Balotelli to Chelsea rumours would take when TSHO returned. Would actually love him seems as mad as a hatter but no denying the talent. Can't see it though.

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2013-10-29/top-transfer-rumours-balotelli-and-alonso-heading-to-chelsea-cuadrado-keen-on-arsenal-agger-staying-put/?

Balotelli would be a good replacement if we shipped out Ba and Eto'o at the end of the season.

It has to be Lukaku, Torres and a new signing next year and depending on how good the new CF is, it will determine where he goes in the pecking order.

Balotelli would certainly be a good player to add but hes a Milan fan and unless we bid stupid money I just cant see him joining us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

No way Mou would bring in Balo. Think there is a mutual admiration there but Mou couldn't keep him under control at Inter and I don't think he'd be too bothered to try again here tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Id be happy to take a chance on him but wouldn't pay much for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

5933297899_c2ccb47b40.jpg

Edit - Oh sh't sorry !!! wrong forum .... but I'm leaving it here anyway ... for the "comedy" element :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Hazard nominated for the Ballon d'Or, despite not even being our best player over the last 12 months :P

I think we should nearly offer to pay half of jenkinsins wages this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Solid performance! Delighted.

Think Mikel deserves a start against Newcastle over Lampard.

Good solid performance, clean sheet and very efficent, some of our build up play and one touch passing and movement was brilliant.

Happy to move on with no injuries or extra time.

Johner wrote: »

He played very well TBF to him.

Given Lamps didnt make the bench I'd say he'll start but Mikel's distribution and movement into space to receive the ball has been better this year then its ever been, if he keeps playing it simple he'll be sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Please no!! Lamps has been crap recently but Mikel is just so incredibly negative, every time the default is to pass it backwards...

Very happy with the performance tonight, Willian and Mata looking good, and Willian surely pushing Schurrle for the starting spot now. Only real disappointment was a very mediocre looking KDB, he won't get many chances this year and really needs to show more.

Starting to get more and more impressive with each game played.

Please no!! Lamps has been crap recently but Mikel is just so incredibly negative, every time the default is to pass it backwards...

I've been impressed with Mikel this season when he has played.

I reckon Mata will start against Spurs even considering Schurrle scored against City.

I reckon Mata will start against Spurs even considering Schurrle scored against City.

He should do! An absolute class act.

Great performance , great win.

Essien, Mikel, Willian, Mata really impressed me tonight.

My God, Willian working very fcuking hard down the left side all night

• Advertisement

Great performance , great win.

Essien, Mikel, Willian, Mata really impressed me tonight.

My God, Willian working very fcuking hard down the left side all night

see gav :)
    i'm not the only one who thought willian was excellent

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

A, I the only person in the world who actually thinks Mikel is a very, very good footballer as well as being extremely intelligent?
    I'm not even a Chelsea fan and I like him.

Seaneh wrote: »
    A, I the only person in the world who actually thinks Mikel is a very, very good footballer as well as being extremely intelligent?

Hes usig the ball better this year then ive ever seen him hes alot more confident with it to which is a good thing i think we can use him more and if we pair with him a ball carrier, like essien tonight then he can play a big part in the team. narurally ramires is the box to box player in our cm and the other guy has to be and all arounder to compensate for ramires wondering, lamps is good at it but mikel is much more disciplined and his exchanges ronight with players was impressive IMO. Pity its taken 4/5 years to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Seaneh wrote: »
    He certainly can be at times, tonight being a perfect example of what he's capable of.

His 2 biggest problems, in my opinion, are consistency and at times he has a habit of switching off and losing concentration.

But when he is switched on he is, as you said, an extremely intelligent footballer and with his size and strength he can be very hard to knock off the ball.

from todays daily express

EX-MANCHESTER CITY striker Mario Balotelli could make a shock move to Chelsea according to his agent.

Mario Balotelli could be on the move again Mario Balotelli could be on the move again

Balotelli, who is currently playing for crosstown rivals AC, infamously had a row with Jose Mourinho during his time at Inter in 2009.

Though the Italian striker has enjoyed something of a renaissance at AC, and his agent believes a reunion could be on the cards with Jose Mourinho at Stamford Bridge.

"Balotelli and [Chelsea boss] Jose Mourinho could be reunited because they know each other and they didn’t leave each other with hate," Mino Raiola told Tika Taka on Italia 1.

"There was a not very nice incident between them, but they parted company on good terms.

That is for certain and he could perhaps be that at Chelsea
    Mario Balotelli's agent
    “They have remained in contact and there is mutual respect.

“I know Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani will not agree, but Mario is a great striker.

"That is for certain and he could perhaps be that at Chelsea."

Balotelli has scored six goals for club and country so far this season.

We should went after Ibra as soon as PSG brought in Cavani, not Rooney or Eto'o.

He was excellent for Jose at Inter and has huge respect for him as a coach.

this one keeps cropping up
    from the metro

Chelsea are believed to be targeting a move for Xabi Alonso when he becomes available for a free transfer next year.

According to reports, Blues boss Jose Mourinho is keen to team-up with the midfielder, who he managed during his three-year spell at Real Madrid.

And the Portuguese could move for Alonso as early as January, when he will be able to sign a pre-contract with a non-Spanish club, should Real Madrid fail to tie him down to a new deal between now and then.

The Spanish international has yet to play for club or country this season after being hampered by injuries, but could return to the fold shortly having returned to training this month.

What age is Alonso? 32? It would be big gamble as he hasnt exactly being great the last 2 seasons.

We'd be replacing a 35 year old Lampard with a 32year old Alonso, makes no sense.

i'd rather we go after Khedira if we want a Real CM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I'm still waiting for Mikel to be nominated for the Balon D'Or ...

Class act

• Advertisement

Looking at the table,
    1st Arsenal - 22
    2nd Chelsea - 20
    3rd L'Pool - 20
    4th Spurs - 19
    5th S'hampton - 18
    6th Everton - 18
    7th Man City - 16
    8th - Man Utd - 14

And then the fixtures
    Newcastle v Chelsea
    Fulham v Man Utd
    Hull v Sunderland
    Man City v Norwich
    Stoke v S'hampton
    WBA v Palace
    West Ham v Villa
    Arsenal v L'Pool
    Everton v Spurs
    Cardiff v Swansea

If we win we'll be top for a few hours until the Arsenal game at 5.30.

Its a great chance to kick on since we've won our last 6 in all comps since the 1-1 with Spurs.

3 wins on the spin in the league and away to Newcastle, while nothing is certain, is a great chance to make it 4 in a row and up until Arsenal away on the 23rd Decemeber our league matches are all very winnable, we're coming into a very important part of the season now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

a kid in a jose mask with jose himself

JDhEnlA.jpg

Anyone thinks Hazard will be dropped for the Newcastle game?

Schurrle scored and played well agaisnt City, Oscar is nailed on and Mata played very well last night scoring the goal to sel it.

Hazard has scored some goals recently but he was out of the City game more so then others, he offered great defensive cover but wasnt that effective going forward.

I'd go with

Cech
    Ivan Luiz JT Cole
    Mikel Ramires
    Mata Oscar Schurrle
    Torres

Anyone thinks Hazard will be dropped for the Newcastle game?

Schurrle scored and played well agaisnt City, Oscar is nailed on and Mata played very well last night scoring the goal to sel it.

Hazard has scored some goals recently but he was out of the City game more so then others, he offered great defensive cover but wasnt that effective going forward.

I'd go with

Cech
    Ivan Luiz JT Cole
    Mikel Ramires
    Mata Oscar Schurrle
    Torres
    no , he played well against schalke and city in my opinion , willian done well enough to challenge schurrle but i think the team against city may well get the nod at newcastle . mata and willian may get in against schalke at home

peteeeed wrote: »
    no , he played well against schalke and city in my opinion , willian done well enough to challenge schurrle but i think the team against city may well get the nod at newcastle . mata and willian may get in against schalke at home

Cahill and Luiz both cramped up last night, hoping neither are injured but even if they are Ivan can play CB and Dave will slot into RB.

No problems, since the Basle and Everton early season losses things have looked up for us and October has been a very good month.

Mata really deserves a start in the Premier League now, only problem is that so do Hazard, Schurrle and Oscar..

I think Mata will play vs Schalke, we really have an amazing choice of AM.

• Advertisement

Mata really deserves a start in the Premier League now, only problem is that so do Hazard, Schurrle and Oscar..

I think Mata will play vs Schalke, we really have an amazing choice of AM.

4-1-4-1

Cech
    Ivan
    Luiz
    JT
    Cole
    Ramires
    Hazard--Mata---Oscar--Schurrle
    Torres

All about the attack :pac:

You could even swap ramires for Mikel for more balance inside CM.

If you look at the start of our season, its been grand as far as I can see. Il type out our results, and what our expected result would have been before each game.

League:

Hull (H) WON - Win expected
    Villa (H) WON - Win expected
    United (A) DREW - Draw/Loss expected
    Everton (A) LOST - Win/Draw expected
    Fulham (H) WON - Win expected

Thats 10 points from 15, and we didnt slip up in any of the 3 games that we fully expected to win. And the 2 games we didnt win were 2 of the toughest fixtures in the season. We are doing okay lads, it could be alot worse.

For the next 6 league games I'd expect the following:

Spurs (A) - Draw/Loss expected
    Norwich (A) - Win expected
    Cardiff (H) - Win expected
    Man City (H) - Win/Draw expected
    Newcastle (A) - Win expected
    WBA (H) - Win expected

After the WBA game if we are on 23 - 25 points I'd be delighted TBH. If we win the games v Norwich, Cardiff, Newcastle and WBA we will be flying, and if we could take something from Spurs and City it would be some bonus.

The WBA game will take us as far as an international break AFAIK.

Posted this a month ago lads, its all gone to plan since :D

Wins against Newcastle and WBA will take us into the international break in a wonderful position really in the league.

And a draw might not be a bad result away to Newcastle, depending on how the game goes of course.

Mix in the League Cup and Champions League success since then, and we have had a really good month.

4-1-4-1

Cech
    Ivan
    Luiz
    JT
    Cole
    Ramires
    Torres

Haha would be interesting to see that team, im afraid that with Jose it'l never happen :p

Posted this a month ago lads, its all gone to plan since :D

Wins against Newcastle and WBA will take us into the international break in a wonderful position really in the league.

And a draw might not be a bad result away to Newcastle, depending on how the game goes of course.

Mix in the League Cup and Champions League success since then, and we have had a really good month.

We've been professional in the UCL as well, 2 away wins have set us back on course, 2 good away wins too.

I'm expecting a win agaisnt Newcastle, Pardew has that club in the horrors at the moment and I'd say he'll be next manager out TBH.

The fans and more even the players look out of sorts with him at the moment, they're playing City tonight in the Capital One Cup, hardly a bench mark but Pardew will be hoping to avoid any type of heavy defeat on the eve of our game.

Newcastle can and do rise to the challenge every now and again but our record up north is very good.

Before last years 3-2 loss, you've to go back to 2006 to find the last home win in this fixture.

Since that 2006 loss its played 6, won 3 drawn 2, lost 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

4-1-4-1

Cech
    Ivan
    Luiz
    JT
    Cole
    Ramires
    Torres

Terrible formation Gav..What you need there is 3-2-4-1, slot Luiz alongside Ramires!:pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »
    Terrible formation Gav..What you need there is 3-2-4-1, slot Luiz alongside Ramires!:pac::pac:

That would certainly solve a goal scoring problem :pac:

3-2-4-1

Cech

Ivan----JT
    Cahill

Luiz--Ramires
    Torres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

That would certainly solve a goal scoring problem :pac:

3-2-4-1

Cech

Ivan----JT
    Cahill

Luiz--Ramires
    Torres

Blitz the opposition for the first half then bring on three defenders for the second and bore everyone for 45 minutes.
    The plan that cannot fail!:pac:

Sunderland or Southampton away in the 1/4 final of the Capital One Cup. Not the worst draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

Sunderland or Southampton away in the 1/4 final of the Capital One Cup. Not the worst draw.

Anyone know why that Sunderland v Saints tie wasn't played this week?

Newcastle were also at home tonight.

Then why wasnt it played last night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

Strange it wasn't played then last night.

Neither side were able to play 24 hours earlier, as that would come just two days after the Wear-Tyne derby.

Strange though as Chelsea had even less time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Northumbria Police don't allow Sunderland and Newcastle to play at home on the same night. It's got to a stage now where if we ever drew them in the cup I think they'd try to get both teams to show up on different nights :pac:

I suspect TV scheduling is the reason Chelsea were made to play on Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Strange though as Chelsea had even less time.

yes but we have champions league football so when could we play instead?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement