Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

good team performance tonight cahill ,dave, willian and mikel the stand out players as well as eto of course :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

the_monkey wrote: »
    In a nothing better of out then in cup.

Yes I'm aware Chelsea were playing but I could only watch Dortmund on the RTE player ..

I'll take a trophy any which way it comes.

We've Sunderland away in the next round which should see us get to the semi finals.

The Capital 1 cup final is sometime in March isnt it? so it doesnt really effect the whole season either.

yes, I'd rather a league or Champs League but win everything should be the aim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I thought my eyes were deceiving me tonight, a 3 nil win and all goals scored by strikers.... My god! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Good win and looked more solid as a team. Any cup is a good cup to win even the milk cup be good.
    Sunderland may be tricky as they beat Newcastle ;)
    Still hard to pick the best 11 as Mikel was better tonight.
    Think the back with Cech, Ivan, Cahill and Terry are the most consistent.
    Don't think Bertard is up too much as he seems to be mostly injured when the chance to play comes up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

the_monkey wrote: »
    I tell ya one thing lads, we can kiss goodbye any competition with Arsenal in it, cos they have some luck this season.

I understand you need a bit of luck to win the Champions League ;)

greendom wrote: »
    I understand you need a bit of luck to win the Champions League ;)

No, you need the keep all your luck for the latter stages of the UCL.

We used all ours up for about 10 years when we went to Napoli and Cole cleared one off the line at 3-1, Barca at the Nou Camp and Messi missing the penalty, although Cesc dived and we kept our biggest amount of luck for the UCL final when Robber of all people missed the penalty in ET.

I dont expect us to get so lucky again but its easy to trace that luck for teams when they win it and we've had our fair share of terrible decisions and luck and the UCL in recnt years.

It all balances out which is why we wont win another for about a decade :pac:

GavRedKing wrote: »
    No, you need the keep all your luck for the latter stages of the UCL.

We used all ours up for about 10 years when we went to Napoli and Cole cleared one off the line at 3-1, Barca at the Nou Camp and Messi missing the penalty, although Cesc dived and we kept our biggest amount of luck for the UCL final when Robber of all people missed the penalty in ET.

I dont expect us to get so lucky again but its easy to trace that luck for teams when they win it and we've had our fair share of terrible decisions and luck and the UCL in recnt years.

It all balances out which is why we wont win another for about a decade :pac:

When you're in as tough a group as Arsenal are in, a bit of luck is invaluable The Dortmund game reminded me of the Barca Chelsea game in that Barca completely dominated while only rarely testing Cech.

When you're in as tough a group as Arsenal are in, a bit of luck is invaluable The Dortmund game reminded me of the Barca Chelsea game in that Barca completely dominated while only rarely testing Cech.

Didnt see any of yere game but going to last seasons beating Finalists and winning is a huge result given ye lost the reverse fixture.

That group is still pretty open between the 3 that were expected to be 1st, 2nd & 3rd.

When are ye travelling to Napoli? Avoid losing there and ye're sorted.

Didnt see any of yere game but going to last seasons beating Finalists and winning is a huge result given ye lost the reverse fixture.

That group is still pretty open between the 3 that were expected to be 1st, 2nd & 3rd.

When are ye travelling to Napoli? Avoid losing there and ye're sorted.

Our last game of the group. With a bit more luck we'll already have qualified when we travel to Italy.

• Advertisement

If ye win at home ye'll be all but through so.

4 English side in the last 32 and they cant play each other until the last 16, should be fun :pac:

If ye win at home ye'll be all but through so.

4 English side in the last 32 and they cant play each other until the last 16, should be fun :pac:

Are you thinking Europa league? Champions league has 8 groups with 2 from each going through. English meet ups from Quarters onwards

Are you thinking Europa league? Champions league has 8 groups with 2 from each going through. English meet ups from Quarters onwards

Thats what a few months in the Rooopa League last year will do to the head. :o

I was nearly right in my assumption :pac:

So Hazard wasnt injured last night, he was dropped for being late for training. :pac:

He'll be back in on Saturday against WBA but I'd say he'll only return to the bench.

Stabbing in the dark with this potential team but I'd say

Cech
    Azp Cahill JT Cole
    Ramires Mikel
    Willian Oscar Hazard
    Eto'o

WBA are no mugs, theyve drawn with Everton and Arsenal and beat Utd this season.

Theyve also lost 4-1 to Liverpool away so I'm hoping we can put in a similar performance against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

So Hazard wasnt injured last night, he was dropped for being late for training. :pac:

He'll be back in on Saturday against WBA but I'd say he'll only return to the bench.

Stabbing in the dark with this potential team but I'd say

Cech
    Azp Cahill JT Cole
    Ramires Mikel
    Willian Oscar Hazard
    Eto'o

WBA are no mugs, theyve drawn with Everton and Arsenal and beat Utd this season.

Theyve also lost 4-1 to Liverpool away so I'm hoping we can put in a similar performance against them.

That team may well be close, I think Dave deserves to be given a run Ivan was the worst Chelsea player on the pitch last night by a country mile. Apart from a slip (an actual slip) early on that let Schalke in for a decent enough chance Dave didn't do much wrong that I saw. He didn't go forward too much but seeing how wasteful Ivan was every time he got the ball he shouldn't have bothered.

Good win puts us nicely in charge of the group cant see us losing in Switzerland so should finish top as well. You can almost see Napoli finishing second in Arsenal's group and us drawing them.

jose on hazard

"I don't want to lie. He's not injured. He forgot the time.

"Let's end the story. He's a kid, kids make mistakes and fathers they have to be clever in the way they educate their sons.

"He didn't play, he wanted to play. He's sad because he wanted to play."

Mourinho insisted again the former Lille star would return to the squad for the weekend's visit of West Brom in the Premier League.

"We won without him and Saturday, he's back. End of story," he added.

• Advertisement

That team may well be close, I think Dave deserves to be given a run Ivan was the worst Chelsea player on the pitch last night by a country mile. Apart from a slip (an actual slip) early on that let Schalke in for a decent enough chance Dave didn't do much wrong that I saw. He didn't go forward too much but seeing how wasteful Ivan was every time he got the ball he shouldn't have bothered.

Good win puts us nicely in charge of the group cant see us losing in Switzerland so should finish top as well. You can almost see Napoli finishing second in Arsenal's group and us drawing them.

Its very hard to guess our team, only a few players are playing well enough not to be dropped.

I'd agree on Dave, play him RB and let him get forward, hes a better attacking FB then Ivan and with JT and Cahill we'll be solid enough at the back.

I'd take a draw in Switzerland, meaning we'll be at elast 1 point clear of Schalke going into the last game against Steaua and we should win that if we're professional.

Notable teams in 2nd or that should finish 2nd.

Group A - Utd 8pts, B.Leverkusen 7pts, Shakthar 5pts
    We cant play Utd in the last 16, so if they finish 2nd we wont be playing them.

Group B - Galatasray 4pts, Copenhagen 4pts, Juventus 3pts
    Real are top and all but through on 10pts. A daunting prospect of Juventus or Galatasray from this group.

Group C - PSG 10pts, Olympiakos 7pts, Benfica 4pts
    Another very tough group, I'd take Benfica or Olympiakos over PSG any day though.

Group D - CSKA 3pts
    With Bayern on 12 and City on 9pts, we cant play City so we'd need CSKA to win there next 2 games and City to lose and CSKA to over turn a 9 goal difference to finish 2nd, very unlikely.

Group F - Arsenal 9pts, Napoli 9pts, Dortmund 6pts
    Toughest group for us to be drawn in I reckon. Liek the Utd group, if Arsenal finish 2nd we cant play them if not its either Dortmund or Napoli, tough opponents to say the least.

Group G - Zenit 5pts, Porto 4pts, Austria Wein 1pts
    Atletico on top with 12 are through, this would be the ideal group to play the 2nd place team, all 3 are fairly poor and I'd fancy our chances to go through to the last 8.

Group H - AC milan 5pts, Ajax 4pts,
    Barca are top and only need a point to go through, they should top the group so it leaves AC Milan or Ajax, neother would be easy places to go and get results but I'd fancy us over 2 legs if either finish 2nd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Rafa wants Dave apparently.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2490457/Cesar-Azpilicueta-wanted-Rafa-Benitez-Napoli.html
    Ahh...no.
    He's a tidy FB who is capable of bombing forward, probably should be featuring more for Chelsea but Ivanovic is a "Jose" type player IMO.
    A feckin' tank that's hard to get past!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Just got my home Oscar jersey, shorts and socks and away socks and shorts delivered for 50e, forgotten how soft team socks and shorts are :D

Just got my home Oscar jersey, shorts and socks and away socks and shorts delivered for 50e, forgotten how soft team socks and shorts are :D

Full kit wan*er :pac:

*coming from the original ha. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

The away jersey has arrived via Sports Direct, really cracking jersey, big props (as the kids used to say) to Dupoelabs (I think) for informing us of the deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Full kit wan*er :pac:

*coming from the original ha. :D
    MY first full kit since Arsenals gold kit from 2001 i think :pac:

As an Arsenal fan I can always burn them if ye knock us out of Champo League or some sort :D

Hazard misses training on the eve of a vital UCL clash and is dropped, seems fair really.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelseas-eden-hazard-dropped-jose-2687867

He'll probably be straight back in on saturday as Schurrle wasnt great going forward, Willian could easily keep his place also.

I've Oscar and Hazard in the FF so I'm thinking its time to drop Hazard.

* watch him score and assist all around him on Saturday. :(

Hazard misses training on the eve of a vital UCL clash and is dropped, seems fair really.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelseas-eden-hazard-dropped-jose-2687867

He'll probably be straight back in on saturday as Schurrle wasnt great going forward, Willian could easily keep his place also.

I've Oscar and Hazard in the FF so I'm thinking its time to drop Hazard.

* watch him score and assist all around him on Saturday. :(

jose has already said hazard will play

peteeeed wrote: »
    jose has already said hazard will play

On the bench or start.

I think Willian did enough to keep his place so that leaves Schurrles place up for grabs.

It'll be close as to who will start I reckon.

On the bench or start.

I think Willian did enough to keep his place so that leaves Schurrles place up for grabs.

It'll be close as to who will start I reckon.
    willian for me

17 years ago today we signed in my opinion Chelsea's greatest ever

gianfrancoZola.jpg

17 years :eek: f**king hell.

I'd say Willian Oscar Hazard at the weekend anyway.

17 years ago today we signed in my opinion Chelsea's greatest ever

gianfrancoZola.jpg

My God 17 years ago, fully agree our best player ever and apparently the reason JT wears the #26 shirt.

I'm supporting Chelsea 17 years so roughly.
    Good times.

We've 9 games in 28 days in December. :eek:

Thats going to tell us alot about where this squad is.

Arsenal away, Liverpool at home are the big ones.

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »
    Good times.

N00B :pac:

Good times.

you don't know my pain :) going to see us as oldham with mark stein upfront , losing 2-1 , bottom of the league

N00B :pac:
    Sush you, you were barely out of Pampers!:pac:
    you don't know my pain :) going to see us as oldham with mark stein upfront , losing 2-1 , bottom of the league
    Ohh...glad that one was before my time!

Sadly Peteeeed I know it only too well, I used to blame Ozzie, Cooke, Hudson, Tambling et al for making me a Chelsea fan and putting me through such torture.

Still all's well that ends well.

Sadly Peteeeed I know it only too well, I used to blame Ozzie, Cooke, Hudson, Tambling et al for making me a Chelsea fan and putting me through such torture.

i was born in 1972 and for a long time i thought i'd jinxed the team

todays press conference
    Mourinho reports that Torres is recovering well from injury so should be available after the international break.

Eden Hazard is back in the squad and apologised to the manager and squad for missing a training session

'I am very happy to meet Steve Clarke again. It will be a difficult game because he organises his teams well.'

Clarke had a good experience with him at Chelsea, and after that he was probably more than an assistant coach
    'Every game Steve Clarke plays I wish he will win, but tomorrow that is not the case which is strange

after Newcastle was the first time he was really angry with the players since he returned to Chelsea.

'I don't want to scare the players, I just want to influence their mentality and make them tougher

Sush you, you were barely out of Pampers!:pac:

Must have been a late learner if I was still in Pampers at 11 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Was that the season where they had the yellow 3rd shirt with black vertical stripes? I was there for that game I think. Got interviewed about a new national stadium by some crappy football magazine, got my picture in the magazine wearing said shirt with my thumbs up (as naff as it sounds). Probably a different year but windy away days in Oldham all feel the same after a while.

Was watching a "classic" game on sky v Spurs where Chelsea had Stein, Spencer and Wise up front, surely the tinniest attacking line, John Spencer was excellent too, gritty little fecker.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Bonny prince Charlie, imagine what he would be worth today

• Advertisement

Sky on Hazard.

Spot what's wrong with this.
    "He reacted well," said Mourinho. "He apologised to me and he apologised to the club.

"Of course the apology was not accepted but it's over and it's something that doesn't exist anymore.

"He is selected and he is ready to play. He has an appetite to play; it was a risk not to select him (for the Newcastle game) speaking in terms of football.

"He went to a foreign country when he shouldn't have and he lost his passport," he said. "He knows he made a mistake and it's not a big story.

I know who I'm taking out of my FF this week anyway. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Sky on Hazard.

Spot what's wrong with this.

I know who I'm taking out of my FF this week anyway. :pac:

It was a risk not to select him for Schalke?

It was a risk not to select him for Schalke?

Ya the muddled up the games.

Interesting though, he apologised but Jose has no time for it.

Could see Willian and Schurrle keep there places.

I'd say actions speak louder than words with Jose.
    Hazard keeps his head down and puts in the effort in training and Jose will take more notice of that over a simple "I'm sorry".

I'd say actions speak louder than words with Jose.
    Hazard keeps his head down and puts in the effort in training and Jose will take more notice of that over a simple "I'm sorry".

True, he has to improve as well though,hes only being brilliant in flashes this season, hopefully a kick up the arse will spur him on.

Hazard back in the team according to Yahoo Sports.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Cech, Iva, Cahill, JT, Azpi, Ramires, Lampard, Willian, Oscar, Hazard, Eto'o

Team is :
    Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, JT, Azpi; Ramires, Lampard; Hazard, Oscar, Willian; Eto'o

Bench :
    Schwarzer, Cole, Luiz, Mikel, Mata, De Bruyne, Ba

I didnt want Lamps back in if I'm honest.

I predict we'll be winning 1-0 at HT but much of the game will have flown past Lamps.

I hope I'm wrong and he scores a brace but I would have rathered Mikel in CM today after Wednesday night.

Jose's loyalty to Lampard appears to be unlimited.
    While commendable, is it the right thing to do for every single game?
    Dave retains the LB spot, he's better at RB in my opinion, but he gave a good account of himself at LB during the week.
    Please let him be the one to bomb forward while Ivanovic sits back.

Jose's loyalty to Lampard appears to be unlimited.
    While commendable, is it the right thing to do for every single game?
    Dave retains the LB spot, he's better at RB in my opinion, but he gave a good account of himself at LB during the week.
    Please let him be the one to bomb forward while Ivanovic sits back.

Daves little use of a left leg will probably see him backing up Hazard/Willian more then going past them.

Is there a left legged player starting on WBA right side, only reason I can see him being picked ahead of Cole, unless Jose feels hes a better option.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement