Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

I know i prob sound crazy but i dont want Hiddink to take over as a manager, im all for him becoming DOF but he is too old to manage us for a sustained period. Id rather us take a chance on some one younger again if we cant get Mourinho back.

Im sick of us chopping and changing managers without allowing any manager get time to change things. I honestly think it would be a good thing if we did not qualify for the CL and our manager would not have the same pressure of finishing in the top four.

Having said all that i cant think of any manager i would love us to sign other than Mourinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

what a day wrote: »
    I know i prob sound crazy but i dont want Hiddink to take over as a manager, im all for him becoming DOF but he is too old to manage us for a sustained period. Id rather us take a chance on some one younger again if we cant get Mourinho back.

Im sick of us chopping and changing managers without allowing any manager get time to change things. I honestly think it would be a good thing if we did not qualify for the CL and our manager would not have the same pressure of finishing in the top four.

Having said all that i cant think of any manager i would love us to sign other than Mourinho.

i think jose would be most peoples choice . just quoting what i read last night on twitter about hiddink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If Mata, Luiz and JT all start I'd be confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Yea I feel your pain what a day, getting sick of being a laughing stock as well.

The continual chopping and changing of managers is having a very detrimental effect on our youth policy as well with no young lads really been given a chance at all (I would love if we could have a B team up to Championship level though). Gus did a great job for us but we need to start building something at this stage, the last 10 years have been mad and fantastic in places, but he will not be manager in 5 or 10 years.

If we were to take a punt on an inexperienced manager (in the real top of the Premiership and Champions league) then Gus could be excellent as a director of football to help and guide in the first season or two. That could well appeal to him as well not having the rigours of intense day to day contact with training etc. But that would really only work if we took a punt an a Poyet (the Gus & Gus show you heard it here first) or a Franco.

If not that then I can really only see 4 who I think may take the job.

1 Jose - but will he come back?
    2 Moyes - Bags of experience but never actually won anything, but if he is ambitious and wants to step into the real big time well this is a big job.
    3 Mazzarri - done a great job at Napoli and I think would do the same here he will not get to the real big time with Napoli.
    4 Simone - Also done a great job but with Atletico Madrid, again will not get to the real big time with Atletico

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

This would be my preference. Nothing will change while its RA and the "yes" men running the club.

If we were to take a punt on an inexperienced manager (in the real top of the Premiership and Champions league) then Gus could be excellent as a director of football to help and guide in the first season or two. That could well appeal to him as well not having the rigours of intense day to day contact with training etc. But that would really only work if we took a punt an a Poyet (the Gus & Gus show you heard it here first) or a Franco.

• Advertisement

We really do have to have a big DOF i think, some one like Hiddink that knows football inside out as a manager and a player. How did Emanelo get the job is beyond me, im not saying he is doing a poor job but i just think it makes more sense if Hiddink was in charge of that end of things.

Let Hiddink control the club from top to bottom, bringing through the youth system and hiring/Firing first team coachs not Roman Emanelo or Buck....none of them are football people, leave them to the legal and finacial end of things.

Hiddink plays nice dutch football and knows tallent when he sees it. He is firends with Roman and has pedagree and a good repour with us CFC fans. He is a proven winner and an intelligent man.

If Roman wants us to be as big as Madrid/Barca he has to let some one with expeirence do it for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Yea I feel your pain what a day, getting sick of being a laughing stock as well.

You should try supporting Newcastle, we are the perenial laughing stock.

Supporters of successful teams have such short memories (exclude liverpool from that statement, they talk about nowt but passed glories)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Today im sporting my CFC jersey with pride, we might be a laughing stock we might be in a mess, we have Benitez as our pretend manager but fu*k it we are still Chelsea fc and for another few months we are still European champions. :D

Oh and if Mourhino dont come back the next best guy is Jurgen Klopp. No matter who its is tho the merry go round will still be spinning for RA and his love for sacking people.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

Supporters of successful teams have such short memories (exclude liverpool from that statement, they talk about nowt but passed glories)

Depends on how young you are, my earliest memories of Chelsea are in the very early 90's where as some of the lads on here can recall the 70's and such.

The majority are unhappy with Roman as he comes across as just a face of the club, he doesnt interact with fans or the media about the club and it a good owner shouldnt have to but on the other end of the scale he has huge says in players coming and going , which again, to point is ok, it is after all his club and his money thats brought those players in.

The majority feel if there is advie been given to Roman its been given by individuals that opinions are ideas shouldnt hold much worth but to Roman they do, thats not to claim that any of us in here know better then Chelsea board.

Roman is in a very dodgy situation, if he hires Rafa full time inthe summer the fans will turn on him, if he axes him and replaces him with Jose all will be forgotten, I think what well happen is somewhere in the middle, we may not get Jose but at least we'll be rid of Rafa which will appease the masses.

All the majority of us want is some stability, I know I'd swap trophies for a 2 seasons if it meant a guy was allowed to do his thing but famously the axe falls quickly around SW6 so I dont know if that day will ever come with Roman in charge.

All I know is if Roman was in charge at City Mancini would have been sacked several times, just to compare big money owners with big money owners.

Would agree with that Gav I think for sure our interim will be gone in the summer will Jose be back God alone knows I would say.

I cannot see Klopp being daft enough to leave a huge club like Dortmund (who are in with a real chance of the Champions league this season) who play in front of 80,000 mad fans every home game to join us, I would love him though. Takes muck from no one, brings young players along, his teams play some lovely football whats not too like.

The thing is he is bright and I would say not payed quite well in Germany - what would the attraction of Chelsea be?

The short list I posted above are people who I think we can get not who I would like. Jurgen or Jose would be my first choices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

It is actually called Nouveau Chateau...........need to get with the times man

racso1975 wrote: »
    It is actually called Nouveau Chateau...........need to get with the times man

:pac:

This email apparently is very true, some people who very much have the finger on the pulse at Stamford Bridge confirmed it on Twitter yesterday evening. So even though it is the Mail I think it is quite true.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2271360/Roman-Abramovich-frustrated-Chelsea-Bruce-Buck-admission-email-angry-fan.html

Rafa Benitez confirms that both Petr Cech and Juan Mata trained and are available for selection

peteeeed wrote: »
    Rafa Benitez confirms that both Petr Cech and Juan Mata trained and are available for selection

Thank f**K!!!!!!!!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

The continual chopping and changing of managers is having a very detrimental effect on our youth policy as well with no young lads really been given a chance at all (I would love if we could have a B team up to Championship level though). Gus did a great job for us but we need to start building something at this stage, the last 10 years have been mad and fantastic in places, but he will not be manager in 5 or 10 years.

If not that then I can really only see 4 who I think may take the job.

1 Jose - but will he come back?
    2 Moyes - Bags of experience but never actually won anything, but if he is ambitious and wants to step into the real big time well this is a big job.
    3 Mazzarri - done a great job at Napoli and I think would do the same here he will not get to the real big time with Napoli.
    4 Simone - Also done a great job but with Atletico Madrid, again will not get to the real big time with Atletico

What about Laudrup ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

"Chelsea’s players are becoming baffled by the incredibly detailed tactics of Rafa Benitez and his methods in matches and on the training ground."

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/374837/Rafa-Benitez-s-coaching-gives-Chelsea-the-Blues

Does the article have any quotes from someone IDK or at least a soucre or is it all pie in the sky bo**cks?

Looks like the latter to me.

The only thing I can take fro it is the authority issue and its said he has no authority as either which way he'll be gone in the summer.

Techless wrote: »
    What about Laudrup ?

Laudrup
    Simone
    Bielsa are all managers that would get me excited but i cant see them been near Romans list bar mabe Simone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

This has been a successful season because...........

We have a lot of good young players who will be well "bedded" in next season.
    Like it or lump it, Roman didnt really want RDM so next season he will have a manager he really wants.
    We will better off money wise, as most of the old expensive guard would have been moved on
    We have some good prospects out on loan who could be in the squad next season. (Lukaku for example has proved he can cut it in the EPL)
    We should be shot of Torres
    We should be shot of Benny
    We shall be shot of Yossi and Malouda
    We can still win something
    We will probably buy at least another striker next season
    We have played some very nice football

plus
    Top four could mean denying spuds, pool or the arse!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

This has been a successful season because...........

We have a lot of good young players who will be well "bedded" in next season.
    Like it or lump it, Roman didnt really want RDM so next season he will have a manager he really wants.
    We will better off money wise, as most of the old expensive guard would have been moved on
    We have some good prospects out on loan who could be in the squad next season. (Lukaku for example has proved he can cut it in the EPL)
    We should be shot of Torres
    We should be shot of Benny
    We shall be shot of Yossi and Malouda
    We can still win something
    We will probably buy at least another striker next season
    We have played some very nice football

At least someone is looking on the bright side of life...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Conor Clifford and four others Ben Gordon, Adam Philip, Rohan Ince and James Ashton have been released .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2271969/Chelsea-stars-including-John-Terry-David-Luiz-Fernando-Torres-charity-initiative.html

My favourite line from the piece:D

"Oscar was spotted beating small children at table football, while Eden Hazard - with one match left to serve on his suspension for the Swansea ball boy incident - refrained from beating any small children and was instead spotted playing computer games with Ross Turnbull."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Conor Clifford and four others Ben Gordon, Adam Philip, Rohan Ince and James Ashton have been released .

The same Conor Clifford as people on here said was going to be the next Lampard and Irish captain! sigh time to top believing the hype about any of our young players 'till they do it in the pl methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

The same Conor Clifford as people on here said was going to be the next Lampard and Irish captain! sigh time to top believing the hype about any of our young players 'till they do it in the pl methinks.

In fairness he was a great talent for the youth team. Just never really furthered himself while on loan. I reckon we could see him in a premier league side in a few years if he becomes an established first teamer for a lower league side. Maybe lacks the physicality of an out and out CM though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Lukker- wrote: »
    In fairness he was a great talent for the youth team. Just never really furthered himself while on loan. I reckon we could see him in a premier league side in a few years if he becomes an established first teamer for a lower league side. Maybe lacks the physicality of an out and out CM though.

I know, I am not having a go, its just its very hard to judge young talent and it tempting to always think our guy is the next big guy, just feeling a bit blue for the blues of late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

According to his twitter he "decided its best to leave." Presuming that means he had an option to stay?

But yeah, just not good enough really. Pity!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

If we lose today, it's goodbye Rafa!

Not too confident about today, a draw at best maybe. If we are 2 up with 10 to go then I still won't be confident.

Ba has to start surely with mata, cech and terry. No excuses rafa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

blue-army wrote: »
    According to his twitter he "decided its best to leave." Presuming that means he had an option to stay?

But yeah, just not good enough really. Pity!

All the lads who were released were due to leave at the end of the season, Chelsea decided to just terminate their contracts so they'd have a better chance of finding a club.

In regards to Clifford, I think he went as far as he could within Chelsea. Youth football is just about developing, when your 21 and also knocking around the Ireland squad you want to be playing at the highest level possible.

When Chelsea have a fully fit squad Lampard will even struggle to play week in week out, so there's no hope really for any of the younger lads.

Clifford was on trial with Sheffield Utd last week so hopefully he gets signed up quick and progresses with his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Is it may yet? :(

Is there any point in watching the second half?

If I thought this team would at least battle to get something then I would support them but I'm afraid they will will fall apart in the second and lose 3-0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Is there any point in watching the second half?

If I thought this team would at least battle to get something then I would support them but I'm afraid they will will fall apart in the second and lose 3-0.

Regardless of any score, run of form or run of results I will always watch every minute of every game they play (where I can). I'll cheer them on regardless, sure I'll grumble and groan but you got to take the good with the bad.

Switching off isn't an option!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

So unlucky, clear penalty not given, best striker off and bloody Torres on. But crap performance otherwise anyway.

Phoenix wrote: »
    We wont make 4th with this rubbish

Maybe it would be a good thing, this team would be an embarassment in the CL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Another pathetic performance from a pathetic bunch of players being looked after by a pathetic manager.

This team on paper is brilliant. But not a single one of them looks like they give a single fúck at all. There is no pride or grit or determination any more. It is just painful to watch.

Pa-fúcking-thetic.

Serious queation. What would rafa have to do to get the sack????

• Advertisement

EMBARRASING

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

I was all on for giving Rafa a few seasons to see what he would make of it. By jaysis he's brutle.

In fairness we should have been out of sight looooong before either Newcastle, Reading or Southampton for that matter got their second goals....

I can feel Romans trigger finger getting itchy.

G'lick Rafa it was fun while it lasted....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

The club is rotten to the core. A good manager, clearly not wanted by the fans. Good players who rightfully have little to no interest in putting in a shift because they dont know whos gona be in charge from one month to the next. In fact, they probably don't even know who's really in charge now.

The top of the club is a ****ing mess and now, moreso than ever, that is being manifested on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

That about sums it up. We're in freefall now. Haven't a clue what will happen next but you reap what you sow.
    Essien wrote: »
    The club is rotten to the core. A good manager, clearly not wanted by the fans. Good players who rightfully have little to no interest in putting in a shift because they dont know whos gona be in charge from one month to the next. In fact, they probably don't even know who's really in charge now.

The top of the club is a ****ing mess and now, moreso than ever, that is being manifested on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Serious queation. What would rafa have to do to get the sack????
    Our squad is thin. Key players are in Africa. Our activity in the transfer window was minimal. The club's direction is all over the place. We're desperately treading water in the short term in the hope that Mourinho will become available sooner rather than later. But if he doesn't it's a dire procession until the end of the season, with the hope that we'll cling on till fourth.

Frankly I'm getting tired of the Rafa hatred. He was appointed manager. The objective should be to see the season through. He won't be there after May. But is there any point in shooting ourselves in the foot, purely to spite Benitez?

But frankly, it's also too late. The die has been cast. Maybe Abramovich has one more managerial card to play if Mourinho doesn't appear in the next month or so, maybe there's one more short term decision to achieve UCL qualification. But whether he does or he doesn't replace Benitez, does CFC have to lose its dignity in the process?

can we apply to make games 80mins long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

bullpost wrote: »
    That about sums it up. We're in freefall now. Haven't a clue what will happen next but you reap what you sow.

ah now lads relax....freefall? One win and we are 3 results from dropping out of the CL places....although in saying that we are loosing/drawing to relegation fodder lately, I wouldnt mind if it was Utd or Citeh or god forbid even Liv'pool but jaysis Newcastle, Reading, Southampton and QPR! At least 2 out of those will be relegated.

you're right it is freefall.

C'mon the Mighty Blues..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

A club that is in irreversible decline
    Eamon Dunphy said that about 3 months before Chelsea won the UCL , he was right then , he was even right when they won it and he's certainly right now.

I even knew back on May 20 there was something wrong, winning the CL was amazing but let's be honest it was pure fluke - it will never happen again.

But seriously is Rafa Benitez an undercover agent for Liverpool or what ?

We don't have a chance of 4th , and maybe it's good maybe roman can **** off now and the club can slowly grow with some stability.

I wonder would roman consider putting emenalo in charge:P, would be evwn more unpopular than rafa.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement