Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

As big as mistake the Ref made , I would question the linesmen more . They are supposed to aid the ref . The lines man should have given the Ref a more clear indication on wether it was a penalty or not .

:confused::confused::confused:

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

dfx- wrote: »
    I think he does, but whether it's Chelsea's best XI is another thing entirely.

I'm struggling to think, injuries permitting, of a Chelsea XI playing back to back games.

Theres a few changes I'd wanna see.

Lamps - Luiz/Mikel
    Ivan - Azp
    Mata to play anywhere, its Oscar and Hazard and 4 players viaing to be in the other position.

Today was a cluster f**k of errors for there goals, Cech was at fault for the 2nd as much as the ref was and so was Ivanovic for trying to take too many touches, he just doesnt have the footballing ability to get himself out of those type of situations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭dubrov

Well in fairness, it's hard for a linesman 10 metres away to override the referee who is right up close.

Thought Lampard was anonymous today. Mourinho needs to realise he is not the same player as his last stint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Pj! wrote: »
    :confused::confused::confused:

Why?

A linesman should have a better view then the Referee . They should be level with play and looking across . If you where a linesman and saw that you should be telling the referee no penalty .

As big as mistake the Ref made , I would question the linesmen more . They are supposed to aid the ref . The lines man should have given the Ref a more clear indication on wether it was a penalty or not .

The linesman is looking in from the other side so he cant see anything, hes on the far touchline from that Gif.

His opinion and view means f**k all as he clearly cant see all of it, its all down to the ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Gifs are out quick for this incident.

Opportunities for outrage come quicker & quicker these days.;)

zerks wrote: »
    Opportunities for outrage come quicker & quicker these days.;)

I would have preferred if it was a peno to win the game myself. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Mourinho: "I don't think it was a penalty, I know it was. Andre Marriner is one of the best referee's in Europe."

Mourinho has no class anyway. Few bad results and his true colours come out.

Bad result for Chelsea, good for the rest of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I would have preferred if it was a peno to win the game myself. :pac:

Wanna buy Ashley Young? I'll sub him the taxi fare.

Santi101 wrote: »

Bad result for Chelsea anyway, good for the rest of us.

It was still better then Utd's and matched Arsenals, only Liverpool, of the "big teams" have beaten them.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    Wanna buy Ashley Young? I'll sub him the taxi fare.

We've so many options wide and behind the CF I think we're ok, now if he wants to come and give Tom Daly like lessons then by all means, hes more then welcome. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Bad result for Chelsea, good for the rest of us.

It's the November slump, we're well used to it round here.
    Cheap shot at Jose by the way, fair play to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Fair smell of lemons and vomit in the auld Arsenal thread at the moment :pac:

I'm just glad the monkey isnt around to tell us all we'll be relegated in May.

Essien wrote: »
    Fair smell of lemons and vomit in the auld Arsenal thread at the moment :pac:

If they win 2mrw they'll be 7 points ahead of us, if Utd win they'll be 1 point behind.

Either way, the way this season has gone for everyone, the league is far from over.

The only consistency this year is inconsistency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I'm just glad the monkey isnt around to tell us all we'll be relegated in May.

In fairness, I've been saying for a while that it'll be between ourselves and City but right now I just don' think we'll win the league. I don't think Jose ever thought we would this season tbh.

It was still better then Utd's and matched Arsenals, only Liverpool, of the "big teams" have beaten them.

We played them at the Hawthorns, at home you would hope to beat them.

Think Chelsea will do well in the domestic cups but fall short in the league.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I'm struggling to think, injuries permitting, of a Chelsea XI playing back to back games.

I think Mourinho does know his best XI, if he was able to pick it. For example Azpilicueta, Eto'o possibly, Mata isn't in it.

Panthro wrote: »
    It's the November slump, we're well used to it round here.
    Cheap shot at Jose by the way, fair play to you.

He's a great manager, I'll give him that.

• Advertisement

We played them at the Hawthorns, at home you would hope to beat them.

Think Chelsea will do well in the domestic cups but fall short in the league.

Impossible tell, we could win our next 6 as easily as we could lose all 6 thats the nature of the league this year.

I'm not getting carried away until we're at the back end of January as we've Arsenal away, Liverpool at home and Utd away in the space of 3 weeks in dec/jan.

That will influence the league alot this year, well it will influence where we finish this year.

dfx- wrote: »
    I think Mourinho does know his best XI, if he was able to pick it. For example Azpilicueta, Eto'o possibly, Mata isn't in it.

The problem with Azp is hes not a LB and Cole has no replacement, hell bertrand cant get in ahead of a natural RB shows the lack of quality replacement.

Mata was criticised for no defending enough, TBF the rest of the team look like doing the exact same at times this season.

Its perplexing anyway, one thing for sure is this squad, in terms of mentality and balance is nowhere near the 1st squad he had at Chelsea.

It will probably mean no league title this year but if we can build for next season and axe some deadwood I'll be happy enough once we have a good showing in the cups and UCL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

A truly scandalous decision (he just ran into Reid, who made no movement towards the Chelsea player);

Lpbr5XO.gif

Should have been a yellow card for ''simulation''. Chelsea aren't pulling up any trees at the moment. They got VERY lucky against us a couple of weeks back when JH had a brainstorm in the last minute, then they lost up at a none too clever Newcastle side and had to rely on a farcical decision today to get out of jail against the Baggies.

Did you happen to watch the whole match?

WBA 2nd goal shouldnt have counted, an equally "scandalous" decision not to blow up for a foul on Ivanovic was missed by the ref.

The way WBA were defending they were lucky not to give away penos from the corners but you rarely see them given so we'll forgive that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

blueser wrote: »
    A truly scandalous decision (he just ran into Reid, who made no movement towards the Chelsea player);

Lpbr5XO.gif

Should have been a yellow card for ''simulation''. Chelsea aren't pulling up any trees at the moment. They got VERY lucky against us a couple of weeks back when JH had a brainstorm in the last minute, then they lost up at a none too clever Newcastle side and had to rely on a farcical decision today to get out of jail against the Baggies.

Shocking decision to give a pen for that.

WBA 2nd goal shouldnt have counted, an equally "scandalous" decision not to blow up for a foul on Ivanovic was missed by the ref.

The way WBA were defending they were lucky not to give away penos from the corners but you rarely see them given so we'll forgive that.
    Doesn't make that decision right though, does it? By the way; no need for the quotation marks around scandalous. All that does is imply that you don't think it was a scandalous decision. And I'm sure that isn't the case. Is it? Agree about the nonsense that goes on at corners. Every team does it; yours, mine, Joe Soap's up the road. As you said, they are very seldom given so I've become resigned to defenders getting away with it nowadays. And no; I didn't see the whole game. Watching it on and off (flicking between games).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Steve Clarke is a class act, always loved him at Chelsea, playing or coaching.

Great quote taken from Twitter from him: 'When I speak to Jose I am sure we won't speak about the penalty. We will speak about each other's families.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Doesn't make that decision right though, does it? By the way; no need for the quotation marks around scandalous. All that does is imply that you don't think it was a scandalous decision. And I'm sure that isn't the case. Is it? Agree about the nonsense that goes on at corners. Every team does it; yours, mine, Joe Soap's up the road. As you said, they are very seldom given so I've become resigned to defenders getting away with it nowadays. And no; I didn't see the whole game. Watching it on and off (flicking between games).

Actually Real Madrid got a penalty for that at home v Juve in the Champions League this season. They are rarely given, one that sticks in my mind is one that Ireland got v Spain in the World Cup in 2002. There doesn't seem to ever have been a consistent effort to stop the fouling that goes on before corners are delivered into the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Lpbr5XO.gif

Peno all day long. Reid impedes Rambo, foul and therefore penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Garzorico wrote: »

Nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

:confused:

Reid is running in a straight line and it's Ramires who bumps into him. Never a penalty, ever.

jamescd wrote: »

Reid is running in a straight line and it's Ramires who bumps into him. Never a penalty, ever.

Take another look, who has control of the ball? Reid may well be running in a straight line but he impedes Ramires absolutely no question.

Take another look, who has control of the ball? Reid may well be running in a straight line but he impedes Ramires absolutely no question.

What was Reid supposed to do, jump out of the way ?! He merely stood his ground and Ramires runs into him. If that's a penalty, then every forward should just run into a nearby defender intentionally and fall the ground so we'll all have 10 penalties a game each :rolleyes:

What was Reid supposed to do, jump out of the way ?! He merely stood his ground and Ramires runs into him. If that's a penalty, then every forward should just run into a nearby defender intentionally and fall the ground so we'll all have 10 penalties a game each :rolleyes:

Well, yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

All teams benefit from this every so often, Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea, whoever.

But it was such a dive.

Watch his right leg. Stops a pace before Reid and then he starts dropping and makes no effort to make another stride. He's going down before he even runs into him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭dubrov

You need to take those blue glasses off.

gosplan wrote: »
    All teams benefit from this every so often, Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea, whoever.

But it was such a dive.

Watch his right leg. Stops a pace before Reid and then he starts dropping and makes no effort to make another stride. He's going down before he even runs into him.

I hear ya, but according to this guy Reid should have jumped out of the way.

Some people :rolleyes:
    Well, yes.

Behave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

What the team you like to see next. mine be
    Cech
    dave Cahill Terry Cole
    Ramires Oscar
    Hazard Mata Shirley

Torres if fit Eto if not
    ot try a back three as we have enough midfielders

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Cech
    dave Cahill Terry Cole
    Ramires Oscar
    Hazard Mata Shirley

Torres if fit Eto if not

Oscar in a holding role ? That's suicide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Oscar in a holding role ? That's suicide.

Also so is Lampard. He played there for Rafa I think. He tracks back well enough and can build up play

Just seen the two incidents with decent quality pictures clearly for the first time on MOTD;

1. It wasn't a foul on Ivanovic. He was outmuscled for the ball and wanted too much time on the ball.
    2. The penalty decision looks worse the more times you see it. Terrible decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Cech
    dave Cahill Terry Cole
    Ramires Oscar
    Hazard Mata Shirley

Torres if fit Eto if not

Can't argue with that team, possibly try Luiz as the holding midfield player instead of Ramires . Lampard needs to be left out for a while and would like to see debruyne get a go.
    As for yesterday, very lucky to get that pen decision, we were woeful and thought Albion deserved the win.

I dont think Oscar will be played deeper.

If he is it will have to be with Mikel inside CM, a combo that includes 2 very attacking CM's will open us up no end.

Lamps needs to be dropped, same for Ivan, Cahill too, hes as much at fault for the 2nd goal is Ivan, he tries to square up Sessengon and falls over the eejit but the biggest blame of the afternoon goes to Cech, a bread and butte save and he lets it go under him, that was terrible.

Oh and Spurs v Newcastle, Newcastle are 1 up.

Be good for us if spurs drop points.

Our away form has to improve if we want to climb the table.

Played 11
    Won 6 ( 5 at home) 1 (away)
    Drawn 3 (1 at home) 2(away)
    Lost 2 (both away)

16 points at home in 6 matches and 5 points from 5 games away from home.

Thats a terrible return really, our away games against Utd, Everton, Newcastle, Norwich & Spurs

Well Spurs lost, happy days. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    relief.gif
    phewwww :D

Now, if Sunderland could beat City and Utd and Arsenal draw it would be nice for us. :pac:

Not asking for much ha.

• Advertisement

City 1 down :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement