Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Khedira picked up a nasty injury last night. could be out for the season so dont know will the club go after him in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

What I don't understand is why Jose insists on playing Lamps when it's apparent to most people that he's running on fumes. What is it that Jose sees that encourages him to persist with him, when Lamps probably needs a respite by being dropped to the bench. Are the alternatives simply not good enough for TSO?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Duck Soup wrote: »
    Are the alternatives simply not good enough for TSO?

I would imagine it really is the lack of any obvious alternatives in the team... I've never been Mikel's biggest fan but I can see that he could have a role to play this year, the only thing with a partnership of him and Ramires though is their combined inability to pick out a pass greater than 10 yards and in the right direction... Lampard is the best bet we have in the pivot role, by far the place where we need most investment imo.

I would imagine it really is the lack of any obvious alternatives in the team... I've never been Mikel's biggest fan but I can see that he could have a role to play this year, the only thing with a partnership of him and Ramires though is their combined inability to pick out a pass greater than 10 yards and in the right direction... Lampard is the best bet we have in the pivot role, by far the place where we need most investment imo.

Push came to shove Luiz should play in CM, he'd certainly be a more mobile optino then everyone inside CM bar Ramires.

Couple of things, Falcao rumours are heating up, although some of these are just old news re-hashed.

From the Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2508719/Radamel-Falcao-Chelsea-target-Monaco-striker-unsettled.html
    Mourinho and Falcao share the same agent - Jorge Mendes - which will smooth the path for the deal which will cost the the Blues in the region of £60million.
    However, Falcao earns around £12million-a-year tax free currently, which would means Chelsea would have to pay him close to £450,000-a-week to equal his salary.

Mirror reckon Torres will be going to Monaco as part of the deal.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-boss-jose-mourinho-ready-2801260

The Mail article ahs more substance in it so I'd be tending to lean towards believing them but I cant see us paying the figures quoted for Falcao, especially the wages unless someone big left although the club maybe willing to take the short term 6 month hit before Lamps/Cole/JT's contract are up, 3 of them alone are on the guts of 400k.

• Advertisement

The Mirror on cech or Courtois, makes for a decent read, Lipton even acknowledges Cech is the greatest g.k. in the EPL's history.

TBF, hes right in saying that.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/petr-cech-thibaut-courtois-chelsea-2803794

Hazard reckons De Bruyne shoudl leave for 1st team football.

I can see it happening alright, as soon as Willian was brought in the chances of De Bruyne getting anywhere near regular enough minutes were all but dashed.

http://www.goal.com/en-my/news/3956/transfer-zone/2013/11/18/4414400/hazard-de-bruyne-should-leave-chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Whats Falcos stats so far with Monaco though

Here you go.

article-2508719-1977CA6A00000578-320_634x126.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Similar enough stats to Torres in fairness.

Torres = Goal every 140mins
    Falcao = Goal every 125mins

• Advertisement

Falcao has 8 in the league though.

I personally think we were stupid not to try and get him in the summer, would have cost less in wages and transfer fee if we went directly from Atletico which makes me wonder why we didnt and I can only assume that Courtois would have been asked for.

Basically, give us Courtois or you dont get Falcao, its a guess more then anything though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I remember reading an article about our scouting process, particularly an app which our scouts used, and if a player didn't average out a high enough score based on all aspects of their play, regardless of preferred position, they weren't considered a target. It's for this reason why we weren't in for Falcao
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    Falcao has 8 in the league though.

I personally think we were stupid not to try and get him in the summer, would have cost less in wages and transfer fee if we went directly from Atletico which makes me wonder why we didnt and I can only assume that Courtois would have been asked for.

Basically, give us Courtois or you dont get Falcao, its a guess more then anything though.

So Oscar nearly ended up at Real Madrid as Jose wanted him to join.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2013/11/18/4416002/oscar-reveals-he-nearly-joined-real-madrid-before-signing

Kind of shows why Jose has so much time for Oscar in the number 10 role.

I really cant wait for this international week to be over.

Bring on the Happy Hammers on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

So Oscar nearly ended up at Real Madrid as Jose wanted him to join.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2013/11/18/4416002/oscar-reveals-he-nearly-joined-real-madrid-before-signing

Kind of shows why Jose has so much time for Oscar in the number 10 role.

Not at all surprised that Real Madrid were interested. I remember seeing him for the first time play in that game against Denmark and I said then that he' end up at Barcelona or Real Madrid. He's very much Mourinho's man and worthy of his prominent position in the team.

I just hope we go all out attack against West Ham, that 3-1 loss last season there was annoying as we shuold have been 2/3-0 at half time, including Mata hitting the post with a free kick.

Impossible to try and predict a team given we still have players on international duty.

This is a big weekend for us and our rivals, thats 5 big games.

Ideally we win and pull away from the guys behind us while gaining on those above us, first off though, we've to get the win against West Ham.

Everton - Liverpool
    Arsenal - Southampton
    West Ham - Chelsea
    Man City - Tottenham
    Cardiff - Man Utd

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I just hope we go all out attack against West Ham, that 3-1 loss last season there was annoying as we shuold have been 2/3-0 at half time, including Mata hitting the post with a free kick.

Impossible to try and predict a team given we still have players on international duty.

West Ham will probably line up without a striker again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

This is a big weekend for us and our rivals, thats 5 big games.

Ideally we win and pull away from the guys behind us while gaining on those above us, first off though, we've to get the win against West Ham.

Everton - Liverpool
    Arsenal - Southampton
    West Ham - Chelsea
    Man City - Tottenham
    Cardiff - Man Utd
    I'd love a bit of oul 'ideal' meself! This weekend is an opportunity to get back second place. And with luck see Soton take points off Arsenal.

amiable wrote: »
    West Ham will probably line up without a striker again

Carlton Cole scored early in the 2nd half AFAIR from that game, we had no bite in the second half but Diame ran the show for themafter the break, stopped us going through the middle to Mata a lot.
    McDave wrote: »
    I'd love a bit of oul 'ideal' meself! This weekend is an opportunity to get back second place. And with luck see Soton take points off Arsenal.

Ideally,
    Everton - Liverpool - Everton Win
    Arsenal - Southampton - Southampton Win
    West Ham - Chelsea - Chelsea Win
    Man City - Tottenham - Draw
    Cardiff - Man Utd - Cardiff win

Although if some of the above drop points and we win I'll be very happy.

• Advertisement

Some new doing the rounds.

Barca want Ramires : http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-transfer-news-barcelona-ponder-2809426
    Barcelona ponder move for Chelsea midfielder Ramires next summer

They believe Ramires’ Brazilian connection and friendship with Neymar could help them swing a deal for the hard working Chelsea star.

Ramires is under contract until 2017 and has enjoyed great success at Chelsea with Jose Mourinho likely to be reluctant to let him go.

Barcelona have also got Juventus’ Chilean midfielder Arturo Vidal and Atletico Madrid’s Spanish international Koke, 21, on their shortlist.

They also know that Mourinho’s fierce rivalry with Barcelona could be a factor in making a move for Ramires very difficult.

I love the bit about Neymar, nothing about the close link betweem Piazon, Willian, Luiz, Oscar in our own squad at all.

Also the fact that Jose sees Ramires is one of his new untouchables as I see it.

The Star reckon ourselves and Utd lead the race for Xabi Alonso.

Metro reckon we're in for Wolfsburg atatcking LB, Rodriguez.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/19/chelsea-line-up-wolfsburg-left-back-ricardo-rodriguez-to-replace-ashley-cole-4192376/

If anything I'd like us to go after Shaw, the lad is a Chelsea fan but would cost us more then Rodriguez.

He only signed a new contract with Southampton, who if they do decide to sell, will be at a premium price no doubt.

Shaw and Rodriguez are both the type of players we should be going for though, young, very attacking and would give us a good platform to build on for the next 5 years.

LB is a problem area, especially considering our 2nd choice LB at the moemnt is our 2nd choice RB also, shows how much Jose rates Bertrand if he plays Azp there in Coles absence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Asp (any time he's played this season) has played better in either FB position that the two 1st choce FB's!

Panthro wrote: »
    Asp (any time he's played this season) has played better in either FB position that the two 1st choce FB's!

He was good last year and I thought he'd be a show in for the spanish WC squad if he carried on his performance into this year.

Ivan will probably play against West Ham to counter any aerial threat they might have but I'd real ylike to see Azp play more games at RB, going forward hes by far a better play than Ivan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

This whole baggies penalty thing is getting out of all proportions now, it may have been debatable but I have seen softer given. What makes it worse is that there seems to be no trial by media of the filthy tackle carried out by Larsson against a City player the following day. Had that been Ram on a baggies player I am sure he would have been hung, drawn & quartered by now with his head on a pike outside the Tower of London.

The two faced nature of the media is annoying at times, as is the rush to take any opportunity to have a pop at Chelsea amazing how success brings on jealously.

If we go on to win the league by a point it will be even worse at the end of the season trust me. :pac:

Carlton Cole scored early in the 2nd half AFAIR from that game, we had no bite in the second half but Diame ran the show for themafter the break, stopped us going through the middle to Mata a lot.

I was referring to how West Ham have lined out against several clubs so far this season without a striker

amiable wrote: »
    I was referring to how West Ham have lined out against several clubs so far this season without a striker

Aaahh I see, havent watched much, if any of West Ham this season.

Will probably go out with the old fella to watch it, hes a Hammers fan so will break up the Saturday evening.

• Advertisement

I ddint see this at the time.
    "Then we let them go 2-1 up because of my mistake. I lost my footing on the pitch and then I failed to react to the shot properly. It was a cheap goal to concede"

At least hes owning up to his mistakes.

Just something I noticed(may have been mentioned in here already) about rumoured Chelsea target Giannelli Imbula of Marseille is that they signed him from Guingamp.
    The last player that went from Guingamp to Marseille to Chelsea didn't work out too bad for you

I mentioend it a few days ago, apart from watching some Youtube of him afterwards (I know, I know) I couldnt tell ya much about the lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2013/11/20/former-chelsea-hero-will-be-loved-as-long-as-he-lives-after-emot/?

So Guddy has played his last game for Iceland, clearly emotional as you can see. Really liked Guddy even forgive him going to the Dark Side (Spurs) and even darker side (Barca). I loved his explanation on how to take a penalty goalkeeper goes one way put the ball the other way simple.

And that goal V Leeds stunning, best of luck to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2013/11/20/former-chelsea-hero-will-be-loved-as-long-as-he-lives-after-emot/?

So Guddy has played his last game for Iceland, clearly emotional as you can see. Really liked Guddy even forgive him going to the Dark Side (Spurs) and even darker side (Barca). I loved his explanation on how to take a penalty goalkeeper goes one way put the ball the other way simple.

And that goal V Leeds stunning, best of luck to him

himself and hasselbank was just great , remember their destruction of man u at old trafford 3-0 . he made it look effortless at times , good on him

Few things this morning.

Cole is out of the West Ham game apparently, which would see Azp continue at LB you'd imagine.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/20/chelsea-ashley-cole-injury-west-ham
    The left-back will continue to be assessed and monitored at Cobham over the remainder of the week but is not expected to feature at Upton Park.

Mourinho may yet opt to rest Cole for the Champions League trip to Basel next week if it is deemed more beneficial for him to continue his rehabilitation at the club's training ground. Azpilicueta, impressive in his two recent outings, will retain his place in preference to Ryan Bertrand.

• Advertisement

keep the good relationship going , thats a good move

Wasnt there an article out a few months back saying Courtois had being knocking off De Bruyne's g/f behind his back?

I'd much rather sell them De Bruyne anyway than Courtois either way.

Wasnt there an article out a few months back saying Courtois had being knocking off De Bruyne's g/f behind his back?

I'd much rather sell them De Bruyne anyway than Courtois either way.

maybe the commute is too much for her :)

peteeeed wrote: »
    maybe the commute is too much for her :)

I think in another more recent article it stated Courtois was going out with a Spanish girl so was prepared to settle in Madrid, not sure how true it is though, makes more sense then knocking off your team mates missus but this is a Chelsea player we're talking about. :pac:

• Advertisement

Chelsea & WBA heading to a tribunal over Isisah Brown whch could see us paying out a decent fee for the talented England youth international.

Between this and the penalty a few weeks ago the return fixture will be interesting. :pac:

http://www.goal.com/en-my/news/3890/england/2013/11/21/4422488/chelsea-west-brom-wrangle-over-fee-for-wonderkid-isaiah
    West Brom privately deny that relations have broken down with Chelsea but Garlick claimed Chelsea’s initial offer was “disappointing” and assistant manager Kevin Keen described the bid as “totally wrong”, “disgusting” and “back-pocket change” to a club of such wealth.

Where did this one come from?

http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/21/chelsea-target-davide-santon-happy-to-stay-at-newcastle-for-now-4195292/

Hes not good enough IMO.

Santon on Jose.
    He gave me the chance to play, and I always have to say thank you to him,’ he said ahead of Chelsea’s 2-0 defeat at the Magpies earlier this month.

‘I always said he was an amazing manager.’

peteeeed wrote: »

Does that mean we have to pay for his hormone treatment too :pac:

Does that mean we have to pay for his hormone treatment too :pac:
    the video is very entertaining

For West ham, a team without a CF at the moment, I'm hoping we can win only our 2nd away league match this season.

I'd like to see

Cech
    Ivan JT Cahill Azp (if cole is injured)
    Mikel/Luiz Ramires
    Mata Oscar Hazard
    Torres

Once the team doesnt start with Lampard I'll be happy so we've 2 options and Mikel is the more likely of the two.

Cole if he is out, will be replaced by Azp so thats LB sorted.

Next chin scratcher is the 3 support players, Oscar is nailed on unless hes injured and Hazard is pretty much a cert on the left wing too, I'm hoping Mata can get in agaisnt West Ham as they'll sit in and make things difficult for us, he can unlock the door if needs be and leave Ivan bomb past him, he may not be effective going forward but its a viable option if we play Mata in front of him as Mata wont be taking guys on down the outside.

Torres or Eto'o upfront? Eto'o has scored in Torres absence so it will be interesting to see who starts for Jose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Torres ahead of Eto'o IMO.

Panthro wrote: »
    Torres ahead of Eto'o IMO.

I'd actually like to see both start if Eto'o weas used from wide right but I dont think Jose will do that.

If we play liek we did against Newcastle and WBA we'll be in for another afternoon of shouting at the t.v.

Kenneth Omeruo :
    'My biggest goal is to play for the Chelsea first team and establish myself as a regular in the side,' he says.

'For now, I just want to concentrate on playing my football for Chelsea but of course I want to make the Nigeria squad for the World Cup in the summer as well.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I'd actually like to see both start if Eto'o weas used from wide right but I dont think Jose will do that.

If we play liek we did against Newcastle and WBA we'll be in for another afternoon of shouting at the t.v.

did he not play RW at times for Inter while Mou was in charge ? why wouldn't do it for Chelsea

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement