Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

did he not play RW at times for Inter while Mou was in charge ? why wouldn't do it for Chelsea

He did, a lot.

We've so much talent to play their I dont see him playing him out on the RW.

I thought he might play a few games as it would allow us to go 4-2-2-2 straight away if we went 1-0 down.

Redknapps at it again with Jose and his selections. :rolleyes:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/18932/9034301/west-ham-v-chelsea-jose-mourinho-must-settle-on-best-xi-says-jamie-redknapp

He also says we'll win 3-1 so I'm expecting us to now lose 1-0.

Jose presser is making for interesting listening. Torres is out, cole is back.

Jose has said that nobody called him to apologise for the lead up to the 2nd goal and hes also said bas Laudrup or Bruce got phone calls for suspect calls, he went on to say nobody called him for the penalty against Everton either and if a ref rang hom about every decision his phone would always be busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

GavRedKing wrote: »

Jose has said that nobody called him to apologise for the lead up to the 2nd goal and hes also said bas Laudrup or Bruce got phone calls for suspect calls, he went on to say nobody called him for the penalty against Everton either and if a ref rang hom about every decision his phone would always be busy.

that haircut says 'all business ' to me

BZrOseJIgAAclQv.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

So he admits he was wrong to say it was a penalty? Interesting :D

amiable wrote: »
    So he admits he was wrong to say it was a penalty? Interesting :D

Would have been better if there was no international break and this all came out in the aftermath of the game.

Team for tomorrow so given we know Torres is out and Cole is back in the squad.

What I want

Cech
    Azp JT Cahill Cole
    Luiz Ramires
    Mat Oscar Hazard
    Eto'o

What it will probably be

Cech
    Ivan JT Cahill Cole
    Ramires Lamps
    Schurrle Oscar Hazard
    Eto'o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Hey Gav, any link to the press conference?

Panthro wrote: »
    Hey Gav, any link to the press conference?

I caught it on youtube and then read some of it from Twitter.

i'll try get something, 2mins......

• Advertisement

I caught it on youtube and then read some of it from Twitter.

i'll try get something, 2mins......

Cheers!:pac:
    I had a look on youtube, the one I came across "we're currently experiencing technical difficulties"
    I said arrggh.

I actually cant find one now at the moment. :o

Maybe give it awhile and the txt should appear in the media, someone will jump all over the phone call comment soon. :pac:

No worries man, I'm sure Someone will be tweeting it no doubt!:pac:

I'm very tempted by the West Ham home fixture, its just over 2months away, January 29th, only problem is its a Wednesday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

peteeeed wrote: »
    that haircut says 'all business ' to me

BZrOseJIgAAclQv.jpg:large
    The snood however doesn't

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Pulling no punches here TSHO

"If in a controversial - I'm not saying a mistake - decision that hypothetically - and, I repeat, hypothetically - favours Chelsea, they know they are going to be publicly exposed by their boss. That they know.

"They can make, hypothetically, mistakes, favouring other teams, nothing happens.

"If hypothetically - and, I repeat, hypothetically - they make a mistake, they are publicly exposed by their own boss.

Very interesting and correct take on this, yet more anti Chelsea bias shown for what it is.

• Advertisement

I don't see Jose apologizing or admitting anything to anyone from the snippets of the press conference I've seen.
    Quite the opposite!
    G'wan Jose.

Its good to see a fighting spirit but it'll only count for something if the players show some steel in about 29hours time and manage to beat West Ham.

Time and again the players have huffed and puffed and being shown up against inferior opposition although at times we've managed to beat City and come back against Spurs and put in good shifts home and away against Schalke so we need more consistency and that part is all down to the players but the plaeyrs need to be picked consistently to gain any consistency in one and others game and understanding.

I don't see Jose apologizing or admitting anything to anyone from the snippets of the press conference I've seen.
    Quite the opposite!
    G'wan Jose.

Ah never let the truth get in the way of a good story Panthro.

Buy the way you may be able to help me was thinking of going fishing this weekend - is it too cold to catch anything do you reckon? :rolleyes:

Buy the way you may be able to help me was thinking of going fishing this weekend - is it too cold to catch anything do you reckon? :rolleyes:
    A Cold???

:P

A Cold???

:P

Have hip flask will travel :p

• Advertisement

Have hip flask will travel :p

I've a 12 pubs on 20th December, I shall be bringing mine with me too, for the walks between pubs. ;):P

Eto'o to score 1st and Chelsea to win, 5/1.

I'll be having a cheeky 10e on that.

What?!!:pac:

Something thats struck me, if Azp when hes played at LB is in effect a 3rd CB, why not play Ivan at LB in Coles absence and leave Azp bomb on? or in the same vein, play Luiz there?

Something thats struck me, if Azp when hes played at LB is in effect a 3rd CB, why not play Ivan at LB in Coles absence and leave Azp bomb on? or in the same vein, play Luiz there?

Pfft...that trail of thought is sooooo 12 days ago...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87444741&postcount=9630
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Another goal for the big man! I really hope we don't get silly and sign another striker, or at least not a big money one who /has/ to start every game. Lukaku should be leading the line/in rotation next year.

Another goal for the big man! I really hope we don't get silly and sign another striker, or at least not a big money one who /has/ to start every game. Lukaku should be leading the line/in rotation next year.

He was brilliant again at times today. Still made a few mistakes at times that are down to his age perhaps but over all he was brilliant

Ah fock this, Lukaku double.
    Bring the boy wonder home Jose! (somehow)

Ah fock this, Lukaku double.
    Bring the boy wonder home Jose! (somehow)

He's probably still a little bit off being good enough yet and by next season he'll be a more mature player and Chelsea should benefit then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

amiable wrote: »
    He was brilliant again at times today. Still made a few mistakes at times that are down to his age perhaps but over all he was brilliant

He definitely made mistakes, the 4 on 2 was a shocking pass, but he scores goals and with the service we should be able to provide him surely we should be able to give him enough chances to score...

• Advertisement

He definitely made mistakes, the 4 on 2 was a shocking pass, but he scores goals and with the service we should be able to provide him surely we should be able to give him enough chances to score...

He won't make those mistakes with time and experience I'd imagine. Was sloppy another time too but I'm being picky of course. He's an excellent talent and a beast of a player and can be anything.

Lukaku took his goals well but he chances twice to score one on one and Mignelot bettered him, his hold play and bringing people in was good but his end product when he was allowed turn with it was hit and miss, he'll do very well on loan this year though, Everton are a step up on WBA and hes still scoring and getting involved.

Hope we keep onto him next year and give him a chance.

Match thread nah?? :pac:

Match thread nah?? :pac:

less yappin' more threadin' guvnor!!..!:D

ffs

Team to face West Ham (4-2-3-1): Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Mikel, Lampard; Ramires, Oscar, Hazard; Eto'

Lampard and Ramires on the wing?

subs
    Schwarzer, Cole, Essien, Mata, Willian, Schurrle and Ba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Mata will be gone in the summer.

Its either a 4-3-3, something we dont need or Ramires on the wing...something we dont need with f**king Williian, Mata and Schurrle on the bench, christ.

No Luiz even on the bench is absolutely scandalous too.

• Advertisement

Unless they win there'll be serious questions asked about his team selection, I mean Lamps starting is ridiculous and to shove Ramires on the wing?

I'm going call it now, Lamps/Mikel off after 55/60 mins at 0-0 to bring on a winger and move Ramires into CM.

Match thread up

that team selection really is shocking.
    No justification for Mata on the bench tbh.

Good performance after the initial pessimism.

Now a win in Basel will be brilliant and rsults going our way tomorrow would make it even sweeter.

Liverpool snuck a point today, they werent that great but neither were Everton at the back, Mignelot made 9 saves throughout the game, anyway just happy we won thats all we can do is keep pace with Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

just what we needed, mikel , oscar , lampard and eto excellent , a stroll in the (upton) park :)

My ratings

Cech - 6 - Nothing to do all day.
    Ivan - 7 - Solid and dealt with pretty much everything.
    Cahill - 7 - same as above.
    JT - 7 - Lead the back four and won every header.
    Azp - 8 - Very good, solid and allowed nothing beyond him, stopped Morrison at 1-0 when he was baring down on goal.
    Mikel - 7 -very calm and cool on the ball.
    Lamps - 8 - took his 2nd very well and in typical Lamps style, penalty was cool as you'll see, kept the ball ticking over.
    Ramires - 7 -put in a good shift and was tireless.
    Oscar - 9 -Everything went through him, Lamps was MOTM but Oscar has everything in his locker and showed hes strong enough to deal with some of the west ham play, won the penalty too.
    Hazard - 7 -Brilliant touch for the 2nd, flirted with the game but was invovled in some good passages, like an excellent ball for Eto'o
    Eto'o - 7 -good movement and plenty of running, had 2 very good efforts that forced Jussi into saves and curled one inches wide.

Ba, Schurrle, Esien - 6 - They all done ok when they came on, Ba scored but he was offside and Essien should have scored, Schurrle tested Jussi from the edge of the box.

Good performance and happy we've won away.

• Advertisement

Wonder will Redknapp ask about Mata?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Your love for Apz is blinding you ;). Was it Diame that beat him and another player and pulled in into the box for west ham to just miss it.
    Liking him playing at least and better then Bertrand as an option there.
    Lampard had a good game and Mikel too. Think Lampard should be used for the smaller teams this year.
    Good result with Oscar bossing the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

My ratings

Azp - 8 - Very good, solid and allowed nothing beyond him, stopped Morrison at 1-0 when he was baring down on goal.
    Lamps - 8 - took his 2nd very well and in typical Lamps style, penalty was cool as you'll see, kept the ball ticking over.
    Oscar - 9 -Everything went through him, Lamps was MOTM but Oscar has everything in his locker and showed hes strong enough to deal with some of the west ham play, won the penalty too.
    Hazard - 7 -Brilliant touch for the 2nd, flirted with the game but was invovled in some good passages, like an excellent ball for Eto'o
    Eto'o - 7 -good movement and plenty of running, had 2 very good efforts that forced Jussi into saves and curled one inches wide.

Ba, Schurrle, Esien - 6 - They all done ok when they came on, Ba scored but he was offside and Essien should have scored, Schurrle tested Jussi from the edge of the box.

Spot on Gav

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

My ratings

You give Lamps MOTM and lower rating than Oscar ?

first MOTD i might watch in a long time

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement