Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

You give Lamps MOTM and lower rating than Oscar ?

Lamps got the SKY MOTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

You give Lamps MOTM and lower rating than Oscar ?
    Lamps got the SKY MOTM

Thats what I meant, Sky gave it to Frank but I think Oscar was better, I didnt word it well enough I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Thats what I meant, Sky gave it to Frank but I think Oscar was better, I didnt word it well enough I suppose.

i would've given the higher rating to Oscar, and MOTM to Oscar too, there's a reason two time POTY Mata can't get a game, and he's showed it in almost every game this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Nice to see Lampard in the hole for the third goal. A couple more for him and he'll be back in the saddle for a final good season with CFC!

My ratings

Cech - 6 - Nothing to do all day.
    Ivan - 7 - Solid and dealt with pretty much everything.
    Cahill - 7 - same as above.
    JT - 7 - Lead the back four and won every header.
    Azp - 8 - Very good, solid and allowed nothing beyond him, stopped Morrison at 1-0 when he was baring down on goal.
    Mikel - 7 -very calm and cool on the ball.
    Lamps - 8 - took his 2nd very well and in typical Lamps style, penalty was cool as you'll see, kept the ball ticking over.
    Ramires - 7 -put in a good shift and was tireless.
    Oscar - 9 -Everything went through him, Lamps was MOTM but Oscar has everything in his locker and showed hes strong enough to deal with some of the west ham play, won the penalty too.
    Hazard - 7 -Brilliant touch for the 2nd, flirted with the game but was invovled in some good passages, like an excellent ball for Eto'o
    Eto'o - 7 -good movement and plenty of running, had 2 very good efforts that forced Jussi into saves and curled one inches wide.

Ba, Schurrle, Esien - 6 - They all done ok when they came on, Ba scored but he was offside and Essien should have scored, Schurrle tested Jussi from the edge of the box.

Good performance and happy we've won away.
    Liked the look of Mikel who had a lot of confidence on the ball. Can't say I'm the biggest fan, but Jose has found a way to make him look good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

I have to say Mikel was ridiculously cool under pressure, didn't panic at any stage,
    His inclusion allowed Rami to do the dog work chasing the ball with Oscar which allowed Lamps to play in his more natural habitat, and, well, we've all seen how that worked out:)

Killinator wrote: »
    I have to say Mikel was ridiculously cool under pressure, didn't panic at any stage,
    His inclusion allowed Rami to do the dog work chasing the ball with Oscar which allowed Lamps to play in his more natural habitat, and, well, we've all seen how that worked out:)
    I wouldn't say Lampard had an enormous influence on open play. But as someone said earlier on in the match day thread, Lampard was like a CF. And he got the goals. Which justifies the faux-CF role.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Must say I thought Dave had an excellent game.

After 20 mins I was shaking my head wondering what was Lamps doing on the pitch. MOTM for me was Oscar have being saying it since the Juve game last season this guy is going to be one of the best in the world.

Hope you did not give your Dad too much stick Gav, but he deserves some at least ha ha.

What a very civilised day Nenagh Ormond beat Instonians, we beat the unhappy hammers and Munster beat Cardiff and thanks to Sky plus saw every minute of the three games (obviously was at the Nenagh match ��). And to round it off a very decent bottle of red happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Chelsea getting together a bid for PSG teen midfielder, Adrien Rabiot.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/23/chelsea-set-to-open-talks-with-psg-over-psg-wonderkid-adrien-rabiot-4199045/

Another one to be left out on loan for 2 to 3 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Would Chelsea fans like Balotelli in the team?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

There's better players out there for less money and less grief

duploelabs wrote: »
    There's better players out there for less money and less grief

Like who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

not a bad weekend for Chelsea lads.

Spurs, liverpool and Utd dropping points has been good for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Great weekend :) surprising enough that City are 15/8 to win the title.
    Arsenal are 3/1, Chelsea are 4/1.

And City are what, 6+ points off the top?

Panthro wrote: »
    not a bad weekend for Chelsea lads.
    Not bad at all.

In a funny way, Arsenal's good run is keeping the rest honest. If the Gunners were back in the pack, everyone would be dead complacent. Arsenal are forcing others to get in shape for fear of slipping too far behind.

City are performing oddly. Whacker victories like today interspersed with dismal away results.

A win in Basel now will cap off a good week. weve a few winnable games before we play arsenal and liverpool in close proximity. utd were unlucky not to win they had 2 huge chances at 2-2.

Brace yourselves lads....cluster f*ck season is upon us.
    Pretty much a game every 3 days for the month of December. Rotation will be key.

November
    26 Basel vs Chelsea

December 2013
    1 Chelsea vs Southampton
    4 Sunderland vs Chelsea
    7 Stoke City vs Chelsea
    11 Chelsea vs Steaua Bucharest
    14 Chelsea vs Crystal Palace
    17 Sunderland vs Chelsea
    23 Arsenal vs Chelsea
    26 Chelsea vs Swansea City
    29 Chelsea vs Liverpool

January 2014
    1 Southampton vs Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Torres has started tweeting. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

We should sign that Lukaku fellow. He's absolutely lethal.

Brace yourselves lads....cluster f*ck season is upon us.
    Pretty much a game every 3 days for the month of December. Rotation will be key.

November
    26 Basel vs Chelsea - Win

December 2013
    1 Chelsea vs Southampton - Win
    4 Sunderland vs Chelsea - Win
    7 Stoke City vs Chelsea - Win
    11 Chelsea vs Steaua Bucharest - Win
    14 Chelsea vs Crystal Palace - Win
    17 Sunderland vs Chelsea - Win
    23 Arsenal vs Chelsea - Draw
    26 Chelsea vs Swansea City - Win
    29 Chelsea vs Liverpool - Win

January 2014
    1 Southampton vs Chelsea - Win

This would be the ideal situtation but we all know we'll drop points along the line.

Duck Soup wrote: »
    We should sign that Lukaku fellow. He's absolutely lethal.

He played well Saturday but he should have had 4 goals. :pac:

Its amazing to think we've scored 21 in the league and our strikers have 3 of them is it.

Long term its not good enough.

Jose on preparing for West Ham :
    . I didn’t have players to work with for 15 days, so I had time to study a lot, because I had nothing to do. I watched West Ham, I watched and I watched, and I tried to identify what they could do against us.

“I saw every game of West Ham, who have a certain style of play. We knew it was very important to cope with the first long ball and the second ball. We had a good game and everything went well for us.”

Jose going all out for the win on Tuesday night.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/basle-v-chelsea-jose-mourinho-eyeing-champions-league-victory-to-ease-december-workload-8961714.html

A win means we could rest plenty for the Steaua home game on the 11th, in truth if we beat Basle we'll probably see 7/8+ changes to the usual UCL starting XI.

City have scored more goals at home (26) than any other team have scored in total. :eek:

That's some going, when they start getting the away from right they'll be tough to stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

City have scored more goals at home (26) than any other team have scored in total. :eek:

That's some going, when they start getting the away from right they'll be tough to stop.

They haven't played anyone of the top 5 at home yet.

Just the minnows of the like of Spurs, Norwich, Everton, Hull, Newcastle....... and Man Utd. :p

As panthro pointed out, our next few league games below are very winnable, that brings us up to Arsenal away, a team we;ve beat already in the Capital 1 cup but their team was closer to their starting XI then ours but our 2nd choice is really, really good so I wouldnt take much from that.

December 2013
    1 Chelsea vs Southampton
    4 Sunderland vs Chelsea
    7 Stoke City vs Chelsea
    14 Chelsea vs Crystal Palace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

they are now clear favorites with the bookies, think i saw we are 4-1 with the gooners

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Jose going all out for the win on Tuesday night.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/basle-v-chelsea-jose-mourinho-eyeing-champions-league-victory-to-ease-december-workload-8961714.html

A win means we could rest plenty for the Steaua home game on the 11th, in truth if we beat Basle we'll probably see 7/8+ changes to the usual UCL starting XI.

Mixed feelings about this.........going over for the Steaua game...........part of me wants qualification sorted before then and part of me wants the game to be of importance for our qualification.......dilemma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Just seen Torres training with the squad on Sky Sports News :)

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »
    they are now clear favorites with the bookies, think i saw we are 4-1 with the gooners

I'll be having some of that bet if my winnings from 3 relative bankers come in tonight, should see the balance up and around 33/34 euro.

I ussually only throw on small bets anyway.
    Techless wrote: »
    Mixed feelings about this.........going over for the Steaua game...........part of me wants qualification sorted before then and part of me wants the game to be of importance for our qualification.......dilemma

The flip side is you'l get to see some of the fringe players and given that Dec/Jan is tearing busy they'll all trying to impress and Steaua are so bad it could easily be a 3/4/5-0 game, good entertainment.
    RichT wrote: »
    Just seen Torres training with the squad on Sky Sports News :)

Seen it too, Kalas next to hi as well, I'd love to see him at some stage but given Luiz cant get into CB and Ivan is nailed on at RB he'll be used very little this year.

Jose on Mikel at West Ham.
    Mikel plays the same way today as he was playing when he was 18 - position, stability, control, to score a goal is a miracle but also to lose the ball is a miracle, so in some matches he is very important.'

Hes right ya know. :pac:

More fuel to the Falcao fire?

He was taken off after 60 odd mins last night after having a pretty poor game Ranieri said it was to protect a potential injury as he had a sore thigh/calf.

TBH I wouldnt be surprised if we didnt make a move for him but I'd only entertain it if we left Ba and Eto'o go as well, he'll get UCL ball with Monaco but if he wants to challenge for titles and European honours and test himself he should move, which makes the initial move even more bizzare.

A CF line of Falcao, Torres, Lukaku would be devasting.

Luiz only player missing the trip to Basel, he has a bruised knee and will stay at home to work on it, should be back in a week, the weekend at a push.

Travelling squad is as follows :
    Cech, Schwarzer, Blackman,
    Ivanovic, Cole, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta, Bertrand,
    Ramires, Lampard, Mata, Oscar, Mikel, Schurrle, De Bruyne, Hazard, Willian,
    Eto'o, Torres, Ba .

Wonder will we see more of De Bryune over the next month or so?
    Be a good time to get Jose's attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Wonder will we see more of De Bryune over the next month or so?
    Be a good time to get Jose's attention.

I think he's well out of favour to be honest and I would expect a loan in Jan, Marin-esque :(

I think he's well out of favour to be honest and I would expect a loan in Jan, Marin-esque :(

Agreed, although Mata could also go on loan.

I reckon Mata or De Bruyne will go on loan, leaving both go would be madness even though we've plenty of options an injury to one or two could leave us light and the reason I see Mata leaving is hes more in danger of losing out completely then De Bruyne.

I think there's been talk in the Belgian media that he wants out to get game time. Linked to German and Spanish clubs

A CF line of Falcao, Torres, Lukaku would be devasting.
    Huge tactical options there!

• Advertisement

Techless wrote: »
    CFC win! Take one for the team. ;)

Thibaut Courtois is nominated for best goalkeeper of the Spanish Primera Division

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Nearly time for a new thread, be good to have one before the game tomorrow (cough gav).
    Hoping for a good win so thr second team can play the last game in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

So who was the player Carlo wanted to kill? Can only think it was one of three but no real idea to be fair.

amiable wrote: »
    Thibaut Courtois is nominated for best goalkeeper of the Spanish Primera Division

Its hard to argue against him, Atletico have been fantastic and hes had a huge part to play in their push to dislodge real from 2nd, I dont think they can realistically sustain a title push, especially given how Barca have started but with Barcas injuries mounting up you never know.
    Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Nearly time for a new thread, be good to have one before the game tomorrow (cough gav).
    Hoping for a good win so thr second team can play the last game in Europe.

We have to break 10k posts before we get a new Chelsea thread, we're about 120 short at the moment, a match thread can be started by anyone. :pac:
    So who was the player Carlo wanted to kill? Can only think it was one of three but no real idea to be fair.

Carlo :
    Ancelotti declined to identify the player, although admitted he had a ‘well-documented history of misdemeanours’.

So whos the top candidate? Cole?

You know your tight when you borrow Nando's razor to shave your head, Torres is in the good books I'd say. :pac:
    Torres also played a role in that new Mourinho look – with the manager revealing he had borrowed the striker’s clippers at Chelsea’s training ground for a DIY trim.

“At the training ground. I decided to do it. I asked Fernando to give me his machine, and I did it myself in front of the mirror. It’s nice and cheap,” Mourinho said.

Jose on upcoming rotation.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/champions-league/10474237/Basle-v-Chelsea-Jose-Mourinho-targeting-Champions-League-win-ahead-of-busy-period.html
    Although it was all good knockabout stuff, there was, as ever, a hard edge as well with Mourinho. Chelsea will need all their players, yes, but Juan Mata still has to face the reality that as hard as he is working he faces a battle to get in the team ahead of either Eden Hazard or Oscar.

“I have left Mata out, a national team player for Spain,” Mourinho said. “I left [Andre] Schürrle out, a German player for the national team. I left [Kevin] De Bruyne out, probably the best player for Belgium in their qualification campaign.

“I left Willian out, a player who just played for Brazil. It’s a good problem for me, but hard for them when they’re not playing. And it’s hard for me. I don’t have a special pleasure leaving players out.”

But with those games to come, opportunity will arise. “In this period, they’ll play,” Mourinho said.

“Of course. It’s a period for everybody. So I try to make them mentally ready, even the people who aren’t playing a lot.” It is that time for the brave

Are we only on Sky tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Are we only on Sky tonight?

sky sports 2 and setanta 1

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »
    sky sports 2 and setanta 1

Ah balls, who is on RTE/UTV? The all mighty Celtic?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement