Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

The problem is RA has a very short memory.

No way will he want Jose back, particularly as he hasn't exactly set the world on fire at Real.

Don't think Jose would work under RA again either.
    Caveman1 wrote: »
    A lot of people seem to think that Mourinho wouldn't work under Roman again, but here's a link to a story that proves there's no bad blood between the two.

Its an old story but still relevant nonetheless.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2301599/Gift-to-Jose-Mourinho-hints-at-Chelsea-return.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

A lot of people seem to think that Mourinho wouldn't work under Roman again, but here's a link to a story that proves there's no bad blood between the two.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2301599/Gift-to-Jose-Mourinho-hints-at-Chelsea-return.html

It's interesting how frank rijkaard is mentioned in that story after leading a star filled barca team to european glory. Everyone thought he was the real deal but he has done very little since leaving barca. It just goes to show that you don't need to be a top class manager to manage barca, you just need to understand the club and build a good raport with the players. That's why I struggle to understand the hype around pep, he may well be a great manager but winning with that barca team does not prove much IMO. He still has a lot to prove IMO so it will be interesting to see how he does with munich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    If Mourinho is coming back to the PL it will be to MC or MU

Yep, and for much the same reasons as Pep would prefer those destinations in future. Two clubs where he'll be given both the money and time to create the team and football he wants.

Unfortunately, it's got to the stage at Chelsea where you'd have to wonder what top class manager would want to go to a club to meet unrealistic expectations in an unrealistic timeframe. Win everything in sight playing total football by next Tuesday or you're out.

Personally, if we're thumbing through the rolodex of our exes, I wouldn't mind having Ancelotti or Hiddink back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

New thread...
    Son of a..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

MUSEIST wrote: »
    It's interesting how frank rijkaard is mentioned in that story after leading a star filled barca team to european glory. Everyone thought he was the real deal but he has done very little since leaving barca. It just goes to show that you don't need to be a top class manager to manage barca, you just need to understand the club and build a good raport with the players. That's why I struggle to understand the hype around pep, he may well be a great manager but winning with that barca team does not prove much IMO. He still has a lot to prove IMO so it will be interesting to see how he does with munich.
    Didn't Rijkaard go to a Turkish team and get sacked after only a short stint there?

I agree that anyone with the ability to manage would succeed at Barca. Although I do hope Pep does well at Bayern, comes across as a likeable fella and was a good player too.

It will be interesting to hear what Rafa has to say on the matter, you can guarantee he'll be asked about tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Pep to Bayern is a very bad news story for CFC's prestige and a sharp slap in the face for Abramovich. There's no other way of looking at it. After RA courting him for so long and making a wide open goal for him to shoot at, Guardiola has not only opted for Munich, but also held out the distinct prospect of moving on to Man U directly afterwards - that's what I take from his statement about wanting to manage in England. If not Chelsea now, it won't be Chelsea in three years.

So, where do we go now? Well, the ball is entirely in Mourinho's court. Although we're always led to believe that RA and JM have remained on good terms, if Jose is to be a remote prospect, he'll have a wish list as long as his arm. One set of demands will include the players he does not want in his dressing room. With the player power of Chelsea of old, that can only mean Terry and Lampard out. That might explain the definite way Frank's career at Chelsea is being brought to an end.

Mourinho might also decide CFC is a girlfriend he doesn't want to take up with again, and if he elects for another club Abramovich may as well up sticks and call it a day, as his hire-and-fire culture will guarantee CFC a slow decline with diminishing returns for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

McDave wrote: »

One set of demands will include the players he does not want in his dressing room. With the player power of Chelsea of old, that can only mean Terry and Lampard out. That might explain the definite way Frank's career at Chelsea is being brought to an end.

If Mourinho was to come back I don't for one second think he'd want either Lampard or Terry to leave, from his time with Chelsea, himself, Terry, Lamps, Drogba & Cech all seemed really close. they were the backbone if ya like of the Chelsea team thats brought so much success.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    How about Benitez AND Mourinho, together!
    Yeah, the CFC dreamteam. With Terry, Shevchenko, Wise and Gullit in the kitchen cabinet! :pac:

• Advertisement

If Mourinho was to come back I don't for one second think he'd want either Lampard or Terry to leave, from his time with Chelsea, himself, Terry, Lamps, Drogba & Cech all seemed really close. they were the backbone if ya like of the Chelsea team thats brought so much success.
    They were. But in the end, Terry went all squirrelly and turned against Mourinho. Something very unsavoury was going on behind the scenes.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/may/30/chelsea-john-terry-jose-mourinho

They were. But in the end, Terry went all squirrelly and turned against Mourinho. Something very unsavoury was going on behind the scenes.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/may/30/chelsea-john-terry-jose-mourinho

Didn't Mourinho give a statement on behalf of Terry during the Racial abuse trial?

I wouldn't believe much of that article tbh.

Didn't Mourinho give a statement on behalf of Terry during the Racial abuse trial?

I wouldn't believe much of that article tbh.
    He did. But Mourinho is a consummate politician adept at manufacturing options for himself.

Anyway, the net point is Mourinho will want total control over the dressing room. And garlic on the dressing-room door to keep out the likes of RA and Emenalo.

He did. But Mourinho is a consummate politician adept at manufacturing options for himself.

Anyway, the net point is Mourinho will want total control over the dressing room. And garlic on the dressing-room door to keep out the likes of RA and Emenalo.

I think you've hit the nail on the head with Emenalo, since his arrival i've never liked him, he's only there so he can relay whats happening to Roman.

I think you've hit the nail on the head with Emenalo, since his arrival i've never liked him, he's only there so he can relay whats happening to Roman.
    I cannot stand Emenalo myself. I thought the way he was so obviously plonked on the bench beside Ancelotti displayed a complete lack of class and manners by Abramovich. It was explicitly designed to humiliate Carlo, and not the treatment he ever deserved.

Maybe just maybe Pep had a similar image in his mind when it came to deciding against Chelsea. I know it's unlikely, but if so it's a chicken coming home to roost for RA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Rafa
    > Real Madrid

Chelsea <
    Jose

Thanks.

I don't want Jose and his circus back. Been there done that.

Leave Rafa (or whomever) well enough alone for a few seasons, let him build a team and see where we are then.

The managerial merry go round is a pain in d'*se at this stage.....I need stability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

The youth team just went 1-0 down against Charlton.

2-0 to Charlton now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Garzorico wrote: »
    I don't want Jose and his circus back. Been there done that.

Leave Rafa (or whomever) well enough alone for a few seasons, let him build a team and see where we are then.

The managerial merry go round is a pain in d'*se at this stage.....I need stability.

This cannot happen or the club will be turned into another Liverpool. Ok i know it wont but please lord...... actually please RA dont keep Benitez in charge. I would like to see Jurgen Klopp in charge and then some one keep RA away from the P45 processing department in the Chelsea offices and we will see a good strong stable Chelsea emerge from the cloud of silliness that is Stamford bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Yea I see the problem as RA's not Jose's I think Jose would come back not sure RA wants that though. In a few ways it is good news for Chelsea that Pepe headed off to Munich it will be very interesting to see how he gets on out of his Barca comfort zone. He lost 2 out of 4 champions league semi finals and of those won one had perhaps the worst refereeing performance in a champions league match which the ref now admits he made a lot of mistakes in (mistakes or his masters bidding?).

Hopefully as well RA will learn some lesson from this and how he treats managers and indeed players. If he had a problem with how Lamps, Drogger et al treated AVB why did he sack AVB why not back him and put the players in question on the transfer list. Instead he ends up backing no one. We are still very attractive to a manager such as Simione or Mazzarri don't know about Moyes I think his profile is wrong for RA.

Any thoughts of Klopp can be forgotten as well I think can't see him leaving the stability of a huge club like Dortmund to go to the instability and madness that is Chelsea.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

S28382 wrote: »
    This cannot happen or the club will be turned into another Liverpool. Ok i know it wont but please lord...... actually please RA dont keep Benitez in charge. I would like to see Jurgen Klopp in charge and then some one keep RA away from the P45 processing department in the Chelsea offices and we will see a good strong stable Chelsea emerge from the cloud of silliness that is Stamford bridge.

Rafa will get the job permenantly in the summer I reckon

• Advertisement

Rafa will get the job permenantly in the summer I reckon

I hope not, I dearly wish not. If we don't qualify for Champions League and if there is not some nice shiney silverware on RA's mantelpiece I think not. It is interesting though how our interim manager seems to have been suckling up to the fans over the past week or so, was it known in the corridors of Stamford Bridge and Cobham that Pepe had turned us down and so a charm offensive is in full swing?

2-2 now in the youth cup!

Johner wrote: »
    2-0 to Charlton now.
    Just got it back to 2-2, only a matter of minutes left now.

EDIT: Didn't see your post Johner.

Solaris making a comeback to Stamford Bridge

When he brings Brazil team here on March 25th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

FYI, latest odds for next Chelsea manager after Benitez from SkyBet (obviously Pep's odds will be changed shortly):

Jose Mourinho 5/2

Jurgen Klopp 7/2

Pep Guardiola 4/1

Guus Hiddink 8/1

Michael Laudrup 10/1

Gus Poyet 12/1

Diego Simeone 12/1

Avram Grant 20/1

David Moyes 20/1

Andriy Shevchenko 20/1

Joachim Loew 25/1

Gianfranco Zola 25/1

John Terry 25/1

Roberto Mancini 33/1

Fabio Capello 33/1

Brendan Rogers 33/1

Ray Wilkins 33/1

Roberto Martinez 33/1

Cesare Prandelli 40/1

Paulo Di Canio 40/1

Dan Petrescu 50/1

Dennis Wise 50/1

Craig Levein 100/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Emenalo really isn't liked, or trusted by the fans is he? :pac:

Duck Soup wrote: »
    FYI, latest odds for next Chelsea manager after Benitez from SkyBet (obviously Pep's odds will be changed shortly):

Jose Mourinho 5/2

Jurgen Klopp 7/2

Pep Guardiola 4/1

Guus Hiddink 8/1

Michael Laudrup 10/1

Gus Poyet 12/1

Diego Simeone 12/1

Avram Grant 20/1

David Moyes 20/1

Andriy Shevchenko 20/1

Joachim Loew 25/1

Gianfranco Zola 25/1

John Terry 25/1

Roberto Mancini 33/1

Fabio Capello 33/1

Brendan Rogers 33/1

Ray Wilkins 33/1

Roberto Martinez 33/1

Cesare Prandelli 40/1

Paulo Di Canio 40/1

Dan Petrescu 50/1

Dennis Wise 50/1

Craig Levein 100/1

Andriy Shevchenko 20/1

:pac:

Another 2 nil lead lost.........WTF is going on at CFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

ffs awful awful, Ram was dog ****

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Jesus, that was awful. Embarrassing stuff.

Long gone are the days teams feared coming to Stamford Bridge.

S28382 wrote: »
    Another 2 nil lead lost.........WTF is going on at CFC.
    We are just pisssh poor, face it
    smuckers wrote: »
    ffs awful awful, Ram was dog ****

Him and lamps were awful, no CM control by chelsea today, unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

RAFA OUT

TORRES OUT ....:pac:

Meglamonia wrote: »
    RAFA OUT

Thank god someone else on here thinks that :)

Our best CM shouldnt havr lined out at CB today at all.

Neither Lamps or Ramires are as good as Luiz in there.

Losing a f**king 2-0 lead at home to South-f**king-ampton, Christ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

shocking performance yet again at home

youth team in FA youth cup 2-0 down come back to beat charlton in ET 3-2

ARSE GRAVY OF THE HIGHEST ORDER

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

You can really see why so many fans have become fed up with the club. We have no heart. Just chuck money at the problems and they will go away.
    We have so many players that any other club would be happy to have playing for them. Yet we cannot defend a 2 goal lead.

So depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Thought Oscar had a poor game too. Really hope Rafa goes to RM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Not joking should we just sack Rafa now?He's a poisonous prick!

Southampton also dropped Ramorez and Lambert and still managed to get a draw from been 2-0 down, thats depressing.

The only thing is I can guarntee we'll plag Arsenal off the park Sunday and we'll all wonder how we lost to QPR, West Ham and dropped points to Southampton.

We only best this team in the FA cup away recently 4-0.

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Not joking should we just sack Rafa now?He's a poisonous prick!

cop on will ya. I'm not impressed with him but I would be quicker to blame the players before the interim manager.

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Thought Oscar had a poor game too. Really hope Rafa goes to RM.

The only place Rafa will be going to is the dole office:pac: Real Madrid will not take him on they aint as mad as us.

• Advertisement

Theres no confidence there, as soo as we let one in it feels like more will be shipped which is ridicolous.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    cop on will ya. I'm not impressed with him but I would be quicker to blame the players before the interim manager.

Yup at 2-0 the players shoukd be professional enough to see the job out not let their heads drop when theh let one in.

The thing that annoys me most is the tactics.

Lampard & Ramires were both brutal.

Ivanovic should of been brought on for Lampard & push Luiz into the centre, take Oscar off and Marin out wide.

Instead, Torres comes on to play out wide, while we play a front 2 of Cahill & Ba :confused:

Rafa can wave goodbye to his chances of staying on fulltime.

Yup at 2-0 the players shoukd be professional enough to see the job out not let their heads drop when theh let one in.

and a lot of poor performances tonight as well. No leadership on show either, could have done with terry on. Our midfield needs sorting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Oscar is wasted out on the wing. Mata doesn't play well when Lampard plays. Rambo has been dirt for a while also. Torres should just be put out of his misery and loaned to a Spanish club....its awful watching his ongoing demise. Cole is all over the shop.

1 point at home to QPR and Southampton = Europa Lge form....and we are a Europa Lge team at this moment. I bet Arsenal are sh*tting it.

I'd be surprised if we make the Champions League spots this year....and if it looks like we arent gonna make it by the time the next 6/7 games are finished I fear RA will give Rafa the bootski.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement