Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

It all depends on who comes in when Rafa gets the heeve hoe. We are missing Mikel and Moses but still have a quality squad that should have done better over the past ten games.

Wonder will Morinho bring Ronaldo with him in the summer??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Morzadec wrote: »
    I was looking at the fixture list there and Chelsea have probably the hardest one going (Everton's is tricky too).

Do you think there's a possibility Chelsea won't make it?

We've actually done really well against the bigger teams. It's the likes of f*cking Reading, QPR, Southampton, Newcastle, West Ham etc.. who we're dropping points against.

Sign of bad management really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

blue-army wrote: »
    We've actually done really well against the bigger teams. It's the likes of f*cking Reading, QPR, Southampton, Newcastle, West Ham etc.. who we're dropping points against.

Sign of bad management really.

Surely it's the sign of bad players? Paying guys £100k+ a week who can't even hold out with a 2-0 lead against Reading and Southampton is ridiculous. It's as if the players don't really give a toss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Bit of both but when there is a clear pattern there, then ultimately the manager must take responsibility. And this was a known weakness for Rafa long before he came to Chelsea.
    Surely it's the sign of bad players? Paying guys £100k+ a week who can't even hold out with a 2-0 lead against Reading and Southampton is ridiculous. It's as if the players don't really give a toss.

Surely it's the sign of bad players? Paying guys £100k+ a week who can't even hold out with a 2-0 lead against Reading and Southampton is ridiculous. It's as if the players don't really give a toss.[/QUOTE

Im not having a go Chucky but who do you see as the players not giving a toss/Bad players?

For me the book stops at the manager. Too many wrong starting line ups, formations, sustitutions etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Once I would blame the players twice I would question who more than twice it is the manager full stop. Our interim is clueless, his substitutions are pathetic the formation is wrong.

Only a Liverpool supporter would come out with a comment like that.

Oh no now Petr has gone and broken a finger roll on May

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Oh no now Petr has gone and broken a finger roll on May
    It doesn't sound too serious. It may just be a small fracture.

A lot of rumours floating about Mourinho coming back. Id love him to come back as would any other Chelsea fan but there is also a side of me thinking it wont work long time again unless Roman seriously cops on and leaves the club to Jose.

He would be the right man to cut the squad of its dead wood and bring in some fresh steel to out defense and midfield. I could see him moving Luiz to DM along side Mikel. Ba and Lukaku could be our strikers or we could move for benzema/Cavani and keep Lukaku on loan.

Imagin Ronaldo leading our line ahead of Mata and Hazard!!! ah wait snap out of it........................ we will probably hire Neil Warnock instead

• Advertisement

amiable wrote: »
    It doesn't sound too serious. It may just be a small fracture.

I hope your right would not like to have Turnbull in goal against City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Once I would blame the players twice I would question who more than twice it is the manager full stop. Our interim is clueless, his substitutions are pathetic the formation is wrong.

But in fairness it is partially down to the players. Sure Benitez has to take the majority of the blame but there are other factors. We have some players who seem to not want to break out in a sweat at present, Rameries was one of our best player last year the only thing he seems to do this year is makes horrendous tackles in every game, Torres is well Torres.

If you ask me pretty much every player is only preforming at about 75% of what they are capable of, what that is down to god only knows. Might have something to do with Benitez being called interm manager, but its still down to the players to play to the best of their ability regardless of who is at the Helm. Them are employed by the club not the manager.

what a day wrote: »
    A lot of rumours floating about Mourinho coming back. Id love him to come back as would any other Chelsea fan but there is also a side of me thinking it wont work long time again unless Roman seriously cops on and leaves the club to Jose.

He would be the right man to cut the squad of its dead wood and bring in some fresh steel to out defense and midfield. I could see him moving Luiz to DM along side Mikel. Ba and Lukaku could be our strikers or we could move for benzema/Cavani and keep Lukaku on loan.

Imagin Ronaldo leading our line ahead of Mata and Hazard!!! ah wait snap out of it........................ we will probably hire Neil Warnock instead

It would be fantastic to see Jose back at the bridge but are we really just kidding ourselves with him too? He has been terrible in the league this year, and his team is arguably much better that our team currently is. He is bound to be better than Benitez but is he still world class?

I'm just looking at everything with an air of trepidation now of late, but it's still a valid point IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

It would be fantastic to see Jose back at the bridge but are we really just kidding ourselves with him too? He has been terrible in the league this year, and his team is arguably much better that our team currently is. He is bound to be better than Benitez but is he still world class?

I'm just looking at everything with an air of trepidation now of late, but it's still a valid point IMO.

one off season in how many? come on

peteeeed wrote: »
    one off season in how many? come on

They said the same about Torres :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

What José achieved with Porto and Inter and the records he has set with us and Real are enough to show he is world class in my opinion. It's as if he's trying to get himself sacked this season though.

Mourinho could still come away from real with a CL medalthis season. He is proven in every club he has been with to be a winner. Even if you could call his time a Real look what he has already won, 3 thropys in 2 seasons so far is not exaclly poor and we dont know what is going on behind the scenes in Madrid, id imagine its worse than when he left us.
    He has to be the best Manager in world football when you compare his win ratio to any one else.

But in fairness it is partially down to the players. Sure Benitez has to take the majority of the blame but there are other factors. We have some players who seem to not want to break out in a sweat at present, Rameries was one of our best player last year the only thing he seems to do this year is makes horrendous tackles in every game, Torres is well Torres.

If you ask me pretty much every player is only preforming at about 75% of what they are capable of, what that is down to god only knows. Might have something to do with Benitez being called interm manager, but its still down to the players to play to the best of their ability regardless of who is at the Helm. Them are employed by the club not the manager.

Absolutily doudily neighbourino and that is really RA's fault. You have to wonder why was our interim signed and why was RDM let go when it is now obvious there was no plan B, did they really expect that Pepe would go back on his word to his family and join Chelsea? That actually is the only rational I can think of for sacking RDM.

But with regard to the interim bit we certainly have a better squad this season when compared to last season yet Robbie still managed to get performances out of the team, he had two poor performances in the league last season really barcodes at home and Liverpool away (and that was a few days after the cup final when a champions league spot had all but gone). So I wonder how RDM could do it and our current interim cannot?

The players do not seem to be putting in the effort overall though and given the money they are paid the the expense which the fans have to cover is a total disgrace I agree with you totally there. You could not imagine Ram scoring a goal like the one in Barca at the moment.

I would not put too much of the blame on the players TBH, most of them seem to be trying their best but they have reasons for their performances to be affected.

Ivanovic has been terrible since Rafa toook over. He has been played as a CB and this season it has been highlighted how many times he switches off we as he used to get away with it as a RB because he was not leaving a player on gola like he would as a CB.

Ramires is been played in a deeper role as a ball winning midfielder but this is not his best position and will hamper his performances. Having said that Rafa has his hands tied on this occasion because Luiz's and Oriols injuries and Mikel away at ACON. So we have little option but to play Rami back there.

Bertrand is played as winger, which i can understand if we were playing Barca or ManUtd to give cover to Cole but not against Reading/QPR etc. We should be going for the juggular against these teams. Bertrand is no winger! He is a decend LB or cover for Cole in LM but he is not a winger or attacking Midfielder.

Oscar has shown some glimpses of what he can do but i agree with most on here he should play in the center not out wide and he is so young and its his first season with us and in a new country...give him time to adapt.

Torres, is simply Torres. He does not suit our style of play and has lost his touch and pace.

having said that we have plenty of players like Mata Hazard Ba Cole Terry Cahill Azpilicueta Oscar Lamps and Ramires that do give it their all. They had a hugh amout of games to play since last year and are only gonna get brain fooked under Rafa.

We need a new manager, a massive clear out of poor/old players. Bring in some fresh blood and give the manager the cash and time needed to build a squad. Give at least a season to build his team before you expect a thropy in return!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Phoenix wrote: »
    RDM must be pissing himself laughing,dont blame him

Doubt it, that Spanish buck is getting his wages!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Panthro wrote: »

Doubt it, that Spanish buck is getting his wages!

RIM still getting paid I think until he finds another job like AVB. Bring him back for weaker teams and Rafa for the big games once not at home win win :)

what a day wrote: »

Im not having a go Chucky but who do you see as the players not giving a toss/Bad players?

For me the book stops at the manager. Too many wrong starting line ups, formations, sustitutions etc etc.

Their is a huge lack of leadership in the team with Terry out. Lampard looks like a player who doesn't give a toss about anything other than a nice long contract for the £££££. The thing is, it's not just this year with Rafa. The rot set in when Lampard and terry were allowed sack AVB and put themselves as quasi-managers. From what I have seen Hazard and Mata are giving it a go, the rest seem to be coasting. Oscar just isn't good enough yet.

No idea how a Chelsea fan can say the players are blameless in their part of giving up a 2-0 advantage against the mighty Southampton and Reading. Comical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Do any of you wish that you'd kept AVB? You wouldn't have won the CL that's for sure but I think by this season he would really have begun to impose his style on Chelsea and make you a much stronger team than you are without him.

Their is a huge lack of leadership in the team with Terry out. Lampard looks like a player who doesn't give a toss about anything other than a nice long contract for the £££££. The thing is, it's not just this year with Rafa. The rot set in when Lampard and terry were allowed sack AVB and put themselves as quasi-managers. From what I have seen Hazard and Mata are giving it a go, the rest seem to be coasting. Oscar just isn't good enough yet.

No idea how a Chelsea fan can say the players are blameless in their part of giving up a 2-0 advantage against the mighty Southampton and Reading. Comical.

Don't know why you come to this thread you should start an interim appreciation thread and fulfil your fantasies of interim love there. Did you actually see those matches I would hazard a guess not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

greendom wrote: »
    Do any of you wish that you'd kept AVB? You wouldn't have won the CL that's for sure but I think by this season he would really have begun to impose his style on Chelsea and make you a much stronger team than you are without him.

No

greendom wrote: »

Ah winning the Champions league was magic. I thought at the time he should have been given a chance but the real problem here is compounding the problem by sacking RDM with no plan as to who to replace him with. This was then further compounded by hiring a tactically inept has Been.

Rumour has it RM fans would like our interim as manager and dislikes Jose, whilst we want Jose and dislike out interim. Why do the two clubs not knock their heads together and swap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Like in any business, it's the managers job to motivate and get the best performance out of his employees/players.

In most (if not all) of these games we've had more possession/shots/passing than the opposition, but let in stupid goals and thrown away points. It's the managers job to set them up tactically to make the most of the possession!

Don't know why you come to this thread you should start an interim appreciation thread and fulfil your fantasies of interim love there. Did you actually see those matches I would hazard a guess not?

Caught the highlights. Chelsea are in a lot of bother if they don't have the players to get past Reading and Southampton.
    blue-army wrote: »
    Like in any business, it's the managers job to motivate and get the best performance out of his employees/players.

In most (if not all) of these games we've had more possession/shots/passing than the opposition, but let in stupid goals and thrown away points. It's the managers job to set them up tactically to make the most of the possession!

I agree with the first part. But if a manager sets up a team in a way that allows them to have the most possession/shots etc than when does it become an issue with the players? If chelsea were getting dominated by teams like Reading/Southampton etc all in the possession stakes then that would be a huge worry.

Caught the highlights. Chelsea are in a lot of bother if they don't have the players to get past Reading and Southampton.

I agree with the first part. But if a manager sets up a team in a way that allows them to have the most possession/shots etc than when does it become an issue with the players? If chelsea were getting dominated by teams like Reading/Southampton etc all in the possession stakes then that would be a huge worry.

My my but you are a piece of work aren't you. Typical of the ignorant to comment on partial evidence as if it were fact.

You may also be unaware that RA is the Chelsea owner who is in fact responsible for hiring and firing. If Lamps and JT were as powerful as the ignorant suggest then I would have thought when Lamps made it clear he wanted a new contract and to finish his career at Chelsea he would have just knocked one up himself. Mind you for quasi-managers (what ever that made up term applies to in this case) if indeed they were a champions league and a nice easy stroll in the park FA cup final was not a bad return.

• Advertisement

My my but you are a piece of work aren't you. Typical of the ignorant to comment on partial evidence as if it were fact.

You may also be unaware that RA is the Chelsea owner who is in fact responsible for hiring and firing. If Lamps and JT were as powerful as the ignorant suggest then I would have thought when Lamps made it clear he wanted a new contract and to finish his career at Chelsea he would have just knocked one up himself. Mind you for quasi-managers (what ever that made up term applies to in this case) if indeed they were a champions league and a nice easy stroll in the park FA cup final was not a bad return.

If you think Lampard or Terry had little influece on AVB getting the boot then fair enough.

If you think Lampard or Terry had little influece on AVB getting the boot then fair enough.

I assume from this asinine comment you have proof they did, just like they did in getting Tinkerman, Jose, Grant, Big Phil and RDM the sack.

I assume from this asinine comment you have proof they did, just like they did in getting Tinkerman, Jose, Grant, Big Phil and RDM the sack.

Of course I don't have proof. I do have an ability to use my brain though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

to good effect?

to good effect?

More than must on here anyway. Some people will believe AVB relationship with Lampard had zero influence on his demise, others will obviously disagree. Impossible for either side to get the proof though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Anyone see this the table since Benitez took over.

Untitled-1_74.jpg

In fairness it's not like he has you in relegation form.

Chelsea last seaon got 22 points from the last 15 games of the season so if given time or more importantly the fans backing I wouldn't be surprised to see him turn things around.

That said I can't see the fans ever taking to him, they should probably sack him and get someone in to give the club a boost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I love this headline.

UEFA threaten City, Chelsea and PSG

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/champions-league-paper-round-uefa-threaten-city-chelsea-084722834.html

The article then goes on and doesnt include Chelsea once. :confused:

The paper claims that the owners of all three clubs have been "warned" that there will be forensic scrutiny of the, "recent record-breaking sponsorship deals that critics claim were inflated in value to offset huge losses incurred by clubs on transfer market spending sprees.

"These include City’s £400 million sponsorship contract with the Etihad Airways, which is closely linked to the club’s Abu Dhabi-based owner, and PSG’s £125 million-a-year deal with the Qatar Tourism Authority, a branch of the sovereign wealth fund that owns the Ligue 1 club."

The paper suggests that PSG are the club with most to fear: "While City’s ten-year deal included stadium naming rights and shirt sponsorship, the French club’s four-year deal excluded both."

The Times quotes UEFA general secretary Gianni Infantino saying, "We have a regulation which speaks about fair value of deals and the fact that a related party cannot just inject money into a club directly or indirectly."

Anyone see this the table since Benitez took over.

In fairness it's not like he has you in relegation form.

Chelsea last seaon got 22 points from the last 15 games of the season so if given time or more importantly the fans backing I wouldn't be surprised to see him turn things around.

That said I can't see the fans ever taking to him, they should probably sack him and get someone in to give the club a boost.

The 3 losses and 4 draws are against or from positions that we should have won, although in saying that there is good away wins to Stoke, Everton and a home victory against Arsenal in there.

We've lost away to Newcastle & West Ham, the West Ham was strange, 1-0 up and in control, come back out fo rhte 2nd half and fall to pieces and losing to bloody QPR at home, we've lsot 4 ponts to them this season, against the bottom club.

Of the drawn games, we were 2-0 up to Southampton and Reading and drew both, simply not good enough.

It isnt geat form and it isnt poor form its just very inconsistent. we're like a team that has 2 halves in us, we're either excellent and rubbish in one game, theres no middle ground where we can be consistently good for 70-90 mins and see out games.

I've no faith in our leads anymore.

More than must on here anyway. Some people will believe AVB relationship with Lampard had zero influence on his demise, others will obviously disagree. Impossible for either side to get the proof though.

So you have gone from JT and Lamps allowing AVB to get sacked and becoming quasi-managers (still have never came across that term in this context) to having an influence. You have no idea what you are talking about do you? Just so long as it seems in someways anti Chelsea it is good enough for you, the fact that these statements are illogical is lost on you

I have serious doubts about the underlined line as well, I think you must have lifted that from some other posts.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The 3 losses and 4 draws are against or from positions that we should have won, although in saying that there is good away wins to Stoke, Everton and a home victory against Arsenal in there.

We've lost away to Newcastle & West Ham, the West Ham was strange, 1-0 up and in control, come back out fo rhte 2nd half and fall to pieces and losing to bloody QPR at home, we've lsot 4 ponts to them this season, against the bottom club.

Of the drawn games, we were 2-0 up to Southampton and Reading and drew both, simply not good enough.

It isnt geat form and it isnt poor form its just very inconsistent. we're like a team that has 2 halves in us, we're either excellent and rubbish in one game, theres no middle ground where we can be consistently good for 70-90 mins and see out games.

Thats the point Gav the devil really is in the detail. A few years back if we went a goal up you really could not imagine us not winning the game, a draw was like a defeat. Now even two up and you are concerned.

• Advertisement

Lots of ifs and buts here but what is this forum for if not idle speculation???

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/297067/?

If this is true and City do offer Dzeko as bait will that mean we will need to offer Courtois as bait? Hope not would prefer Courtois to Falcao brilliant player that he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

GavRedKing wrote: »

It's true that you have been very inconsistent but I think you have been for quite a while, the club seems to be very strange at the moment two years ago under Ancelotti and going back almost a decade I'd imagine you could count the number of games you lost or drew from 2-0 up on one hand in the last two years though there have been a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

He doesn't inspire the affection Jose does, but for the me the most senseless sacking was that of Ancelotti. This was a man who led Chelsea to their first (and still only) Double in one hundred years, who had an attacking team scoring goals by the absolute shítload - as it's always alleged Abramovich wants - and was sacked, IIRC, when Chelsea were second in the league.

But it's just part of the larger problem of dumping managers after a run of bad results that a generation ago wouldn't have raised a single question about a manager's job security. SAF wouldn't have achieved a thing if Man U had dumped him after a similar bad run. Ditto Wenger.

They're running out of managers to burn through and are left with the Rafas who just want to take the money and run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

what are the chances of Ba (a) being fit for this weekend's match, (b) actually being selected and allowed to play for 90mins?

the way Benitez has used him since his arrival is insane. he has played one 90min game and scored, yer man Torres has played 2 or 3 90mins games and not scored (league).

It was reported Carlo was sacked after our last game of the season, away to Everton, I think we lost that game but we managed to finish 2nd on GD from City, I think.

Utd won the title by about 7-10 points, off the top of my head, could have been 10 actually.

Our top scorer that year.........Malouda, he had 14 I think, mainly becuase Drogba was out with maleria for portions of the season.

I remember thinking Reading and Newcastle would be 2 nice and handy wins heading into the City away game. :rolleyes: :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

some positives for this week, good on ashley cole 100 caps for england tomorrow and Nathaniel Chalobah been named as the England Men's Youth Player of the Year

who_ru wrote: »
    what are the chances of Ba (a) being fit for this weekend's match, (b) actually being selected and allowed to play for 90mins?

the way Benitez has used him since his arrival is insane. he has played one 90min game and scored, yer man Torres has played 2 or 3 90mins games and not scored (league).

Hes not playing in a friendly match during the week but hes expected to be fit for our game at the weekend, possibily while wearing a mask.

With our games in the FA cup replay and UEFA cup games coming we have to start winning league games before we're caught and fighting for 3rd/4th with a few teams.

Ifs and buts I know, but had we won our last 2 games we'd be right up with City who have dropped points recently, depressing really. :(

So you have gone from JT and Lamps allowing AVB to get sacked and becoming quasi-managers (still have never came across that term in this context) to having an influence. You have no idea what you are talking about do you? Just so long as it seems in someways anti Chelsea it is good enough for you, the fact that these statements are illogical is lost on you

I have serious doubts about the underlined line as well, I think you must have lifted that from some other posts.

Their influence was the main factor in AVB getting sacked, so they were allowed sack him. Roman was never going to side with AVB and sell them. We all saw the clips of Terry directing things on the sideline while RDM was more concerned about fixing his shirt.

• Advertisement

Their influence was the main factor in AVB getting sacked, so they were allowed sack him. Roman was never going to side with AVB and sell them. We all saw the clips of Terry directing things on the sideline while RDM was more concerned about fixing his shirt.

Watch RDM on the touch line, he very rarely loses his cool, hes a calm individual.

In contrast Terry was trying to shout at others to hold on to an away goals lead in extra time in a UCL game, 2 very different approaches, had JT been on the pitch he would have being doing the exact same that he was on the side line, while RDM was acting cool and calm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement