Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Their influence was the main factor in AVB getting sacked, so they were allowed sack him. Roman was never going to side with AVB and sell them. We all saw the clips of Terry directing things on the sideline while RDM was more concerned about fixing his shirt.

Terry is the club captain, of course he is going to be shouting from the sidelines isn't that what good captains do?

TBH I'd be more worried if he wasn't shouting from the sidelines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

But he wasn't on the pitch. And when he wasn't on the pitch he felt the need to undermine his manager. As did Lampard. And Lampard is still up to his old tricks - god forbid someone would substitute him if he wasn't having a good game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Watch RDM on the touch line, he very rarely loses his cool, hes a calm individual.

In contrast Terry was trying to shout at others to hold on to an away goals lead in extra time in a UCL game, 2 very different approaches, had JT been on the pitch he would have being doing the exact same that he was on the side line, while RDM was acting cool and calm.

Terry is the club captain, of course he is going to be shouting from the sidelines isn't that what good captains do?

TBH I'd be more worried if he wasn't shouting from the sidelines.

Has Terry shouted from the sidelines under every manager he's played for? I've never seen it before and I've never seen any other captain of another club shout at the players from the technical area while the manager is doing nothing. Does Terry currently do the same while Rafa is on the sideline?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

It was reported Carlo was sacked after our last game of the season, away to Everton, I think we lost that game but we managed to finish 2nd on GD from City, I think.

Utd won the title by about 7-10 points, off the top of my head, could have been 10 actually.

Our top scorer that year.........Malouda, he had 14 I think, mainly becuase Drogba was out with maleria for portions of the season.

Pretty close there Gav finished 2nd on goal difference ahead of City but 9 points behind ManU.

But we had the heart ripped out of our double winning team before the next season even started losing the likes of Riccy, Joe Cole, Michael Ballack and Deco there may have been more cant remember fully. These guys were not replaced though so for Carlo to get us second was a fantastic achievement. I still think his sacking was disgusting showing no respect for the man, the fans anyone really.

You can correct me if wrong but I dont remember any "Carlo out movement" neither by the fans.

Has Terry shouted from the sidelines under every manager he's played for? I've never seen it before and I've never seen any other captain of another club shout at the players from the technical area while the manager is doing nothing. Does Terry currently do the same while Rafa is on the sideline?

How condescending of you to suggest that a manager who oversaw a victory against Barca in a Champions league semi final was doing nothing. After JT was (very very stupidly) sent off he reacted as mentioned above with his typical reserve and got us through, no panic just professional. Of all the really incredibly stupid things you have posted on this thread that really tops the lot.

RDM must really have upset you when we walked all over you at the Cup Final at Wembley.

• Advertisement

How condescending of you to suggest that a manager who oversaw a victory against Barca in a Champions league semi final was doing nothing. After JT was (very very stupidly) sent off he reacted as mentioned above with his typical reserve and got us through, no panic just professional. Of all the really incredibly stupid things you have posted on this thread that really tops the lot.

RDM must really have upset you when we walked all over you at the Cup Final at Wembley.

When Terry was directing things from the sideline RDM was doing nothing, well except fixing his shirt. Why wasn't RDM giving instructions from the sideline? Plenty of calm and collected managers in the world don't need their club captain to do it for them. I've yet to hear any examples of other club captains doing what Terry did while the manager is standing beside him having a tactical battle with his clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Hang on, so fans can shout at players but other players can't?

Look, I dislike Terry as much as the next person but fail to see the problem with shouting at the team.

Shouting thinks like 'come on', 'get tight' or 'get stuck in' is hardly undermining or overriding the manager.

gosplan wrote: »
    Hang on, so fans can shout at players but other players can't?

Look, I dislike Terry as much as the next person but fail to see the problem with shouting at the team.

Shouting thinks like 'come on', 'get tight' or 'get stuck in' is hardly undermining or overriding the manager.

How you ever seen it happen before? I've never seen a player(even a captain) stand in the technical area beside giving out instructions while standing next to his manager. Maybe I just don't watch enough football.

You seem to spend an inordinate amount of time watching Chelsea, but then if it was a choice between watching Chelsea and Liverpool I can fully understand why you would watch us. Maybe you are what Jose said about Wenger perhaps perhaps???

Anyway bored now with your pettiness so onto a more pleasant thought, who will manage us when interim is gone.

Bit surprised by this report, I would have thought him to be quite content to be managing Juve but then paper never refused ink as they say.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/gazzetta-dello-sport-the-next-chelsea-boss-will-be-jose-mourinho-or-antonio-conte/?

Their influence was the main factor in AVB getting sacked, so they were allowed sack him. Roman was never going to side with AVB and sell them. We all saw the clips of Terry directing things on the sideline while RDM was more concerned about fixing his shirt.
    When Terry was directing things from the sideline RDM was doing nothing, well except fixing his shirt. Why wasn't RDM giving instructions from the sideline? Plenty of calm and collected managers in the world don't need their club captain to do it for them. I've yet to hear any examples of other club captains doing what Terry did while the manager is standing beside him having a tactical battle with his clothes.

Great stuff this, :D,

You were very interested in that game, so come on come clean it's all because he was wearing a nice Armani shirt and you were jealous...

...either that or your Gok Wan!

• Advertisement

You seem to spend an inordinate amount of time watching Chelsea, but then if it was a choice between watching Chelsea and Liverpool I can fully understand why you would watch us. Maybe you are what Jose said about Wenger perhaps perhaps???

Anyway bored now with your pettiness so onto a more pleasant thought, who will manage us when interim is gone.

Bit surprised by this report, I would have thought him to be quite content to be managing Juve but then paper never refused ink as they say.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/gazzetta-dello-sport-the-next-chelsea-boss-will-be-jose-mourinho-or-antonio-conte/?

Yesterday you accused me of not actually watching Chelsea matches. Which is it?
    Great stuff this, :D,

You were very interested in that game, so come on come clean it's all because he was wearing a nice Armani shirt and you were jealous...

...either that or your Gok Wan!

His dress sense is very good to be fair to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

As I said, its not like every game requires a player to rally to the troops but Ivanovic wa after putting us 4-1 up and we were going on to a quarter final of the UCL and tensins aaround were running high, JT was caught up in it and acted as if he was on the pitch, it was admirable to watch IMO.

I would disagree if RDM's intentions were for us to go up and score more but it was obvious that a rear guard action was needed and thats what was called for by the bench so he wasnt IMO undermining.

Also on TV they only show what they want you to see. That was seen as good copy so it was shown, the fact that it happens every week in immaterial.

Pretty much every match I will be at Thomond Park or Musgrave Park watching Munster in the Rabo or Heino. Now before certain people pipe up I am fully cognisant of the fact this is a different code - but it is fully professional. In every game there is encouragement from the subs for the players on the pitch, not the odd game every game. Now being the sad bugger that I am I would normally record the match to watch later if I want (review a controversial decision or simply if Munster won) and from memory it would be rare that I would notice it on TV. But my seat at Musgrave is right by the dug outs and it is happening all the time there from both squads of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

Went on to buy tickets for Europa league game but saw tickets for Wigan game were on general sale, So have just got my first tickets to a Premiership game:D

Just hope our form improves for match!

Went on to buy tickets for Europa league game but saw tickets for Wigan game were on general sale, So have just got my first tickets to a Premiership game:D

Just hope our form improves for match!

Ah nowt like the first time

We really have to win that one, at least Haz will be back in tow but then we will need to keep them away from the goal if Petr is unfit and given that it is Wigan they might not chance him.

Anyone going to the away game in Prague?

If so be sure and leave your celery at home.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/ac-sparta-prague-vs-chelsea-travel-advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

i wonder how i'm going to tell the girlfriend that our valentines weekend in london now might involve going to staines . its already involved me changing our flights home for the Brentford game

'Barnsley at home in the fifth round of the FA Youth Cup at Staines Town Football Club on Friday 15 February, kick-off 7pm'

Single or Staines, thats her options tell her.

Single or Staines, thats her options tell her.

i'll try that out of frying pan range :)

peteeeed wrote: »
    i wonder how i'm going to tell the girlfriend that our valentines weekend in london now might involve going to staines . its already involved me changing our flights home for the Brentford game

'Barnsley at home in the fifth round of the FA Youth Cup at Staines Town Football Club on Friday 15 February, kick-off 7pm'

Hmmm may be a bit of a problem there perhaps if she does not want to see footy she could pop down and see Queenie in Windsor or head off to Thorpe Park for the day for a bit of excitement (?) or if a history buff then Runnymede is the only place to be seen.

http://www.neverbebored.co.uk/things_to_do_in_staines.html

I wish you luck you may need it.

• Advertisement

i'll try that out of frying pan range :)

Try txt message or carrier pidegon for safer ways of breaking the news. :pac:

Try txt message or carrier pidegon for safer ways of breaking the news. :pac:

i'll think of something :)

Cech Ba & Luiz all major doubts for Wigan.

Hoping we can at least have Cech back, Hazard back will provide some better balance then Bertrand on the left which is a good thing.

Did we draw with Wigna away under RDM this season, I've an awful feeling we did for some reason.

Edit : After checking I now remember the game, Hazards ebut when he assisted Ivan and wonthe penalty for Lamps.

It was last year I was thinking of when we let in a late equaliser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Hoping we can at least have Cech back, Hazard back will provide some better balance then Bertrand on the left which is a good thing.

Did we draw with Wigna away under RDM this season, I've an awful feeling we did for some reason.

Edit : After checking I now remember the game, Hazards ebut when he assisted Ivan and wonthe penalty for Lamps.

Who the hell's DRM?!:pac:

Panthro wrote: »
    Who the hell's DRM?!:pac:

image003.jpg

:p;) :pac:

Luiz is having a fitness test for brazil to see if he plays tomorrow

Gav you ninja editing?!
    I'm calling the Nazi spell check cops brah!:pac:

Panthro wrote: »
    Gav you ninja editing?!
    I'm calling the Nazi spell check cops brah!:pac:

Na he's still an amateur :pac:

Ninja edit means you've edited within 3 mins with means it doesn't say edited by "X" at the bottom, leaving no trace of any edit. The coke and hookers are prob still distracting him cos he's new (relatively) ;)

Na he's still an amateur :pac:

Ninja edit means you've edited within 3 mins with means it doesn't say edited by "X" at the bottom, leaving no trace of any edit. The coke and hookers are prob still distracting him cos he's new (relatively) ;)

@Gav...
    ohnoyoudidnt.gif

I believe Gav's been caught out!
    :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

When you're a Soccer Mod you get the 2nd highest allowance on the coke and Hookers, only the 2nd finest hookers and 2nd most pure Coke is allowed to us, AH Mods and Select CMods, only the Admins have the purest of the pure in all respects.

I'll have cut back I reckon.

Homer seems to know a lot about ninja editing, I must get some tips. :p

Papers and some online articles saying Klopp is the new target to be next manager.

Cant see it however, hes no reason to leave at the moment.

jimmy floyd about to join the ex chelsea championship managers club?

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/8474703/Forest-move-for-Hasselbaink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

There's also rumours flying around about the Juve manager Conte being eyed up.

Apart from the prospect of a massive payday, come what may, what other attraction is there to become Chelsea manager at this stage??? Every manager knows they will just be a figurehead and that they will have to take orders from Roman via that sneaky Darth Vader-esque Emanelo and will have pretty much no control over the team. The only incentive there is the financial one.

Unless Roman finally cops on that the manager needs to manage and stability is needed, I can't see any manager coming to Chelsea for any other reason other than to get a nice payday before they move onto a real team to manage again.

I think the majority are hopeful for Jose to come back but its mroe of a hope then a certainity I reckon.

He was building a legacy and could have been our Ferguson if it wasnt for Roman, I hope he realises his mistake and moves mountains to bring back Jose.

Quite refreshing to hear this from Lukaku

http://www.footballfancast.com/premiership/chelsea/lukaku-aiming-to-be-a-chelsea-icon?

He is showing quite well at the baggies you would hope whoever is in charge next season will give him and Ba a run. Both are good powerful forwards, Luk has a bit to learn yet but he looks like he has what it takes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Papers and some online articles saying Klopp is the new target to be next manager.

Cant see it however, hes no reason to leave at the moment.

That would be a great signing if Klopp came to us but i doubt he will come to the madness. :(

DazMarz wrote: »
    There's also rumours flying around about the Juve manager Conte being eyed up.

Apart from the prospect of a massive payday, come what may, what other attraction is there to become Chelsea manager at this stage??? Every manager knows they will just be a figurehead and that they will have to take orders from Roman via that sneaky Darth Vader-esque Emanelo and will have pretty much no control over the team. The only incentive there is the financial one.

Unless Roman finally cops on that the manager needs to manage and stability is needed, I can't see any manager coming to Chelsea for any other reason other than to get a nice payday before they move onto a real team to manage again.

It is unlikely we will get the real top flight managers anytime soon again RA and our board have poisoned that particular chalice. Conte would perhaps be a good choice but I didn't think there was anything in it when it was reported by Gazzetta Dello Sport yesterday and Conte's agent seems to confirm this.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/conte-s-agent-speaks-about-chelsea-preparing-a-move-for-his-man

Unless Jose comes I cannot see us getting a real top flight manager, why. They are all generally intelligent, in good jobs with big budgets and are well paid they dont need the hassle or payoff from Chelsea. If Jose does not come I still think our best bet is someone like Simeone or Mazzarri. Moyles might be a good shot as well these are good potentially great managers but not with a really top team, they may see Chelsea as a vehicle to break through to the next level. I cannot see the likes of Klopp joining.

jimmy floyd about to join the ex chelsea championship managers club?

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/8474703/Forest-move-for-Hasselbaink

Best of luck to Jimmy if he joins Forest, he will need it they seem to be more manager trigger happy than we are.

God wouldn't you love a full firing Jimmy leading our strike force now, loved him when he was with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

I think a strong manager will want no DoF above them, unless its a guy they know and trust and Emanelo just doesnt inspire at all.

• Advertisement

Best of luck to Jimmy if he joins Forest, he will need it they seem to be more manager trigger happy than we are.

God wouldn't you love a full firing Jimmy leading our strike force now, loved him when he was with us.
    yeah i remember joe royale saying ' jimmy can side foot the ball harder than most people can kick full force' great striker , when he scored for charlton at stamford bridge and immediately apologised and the whole place applauded was a great moment

Phoenix wrote: »
    What would Klopp bring to us?unless Roman relinquishes control to the manager and moves on Emanelo we wont see sweet f all difference

That is the problem really isn't it. Before we become attractive to the highest achieving managers again (and we are a big club, European Champions 3 times English champions in the past few years generally competitive in all the big competitions) the structure has to change somewhat and dramatically. We need real football people in the correct positions and our friend Emanelo does not cut the ice, we have been on a slippery slope ever since he joined. Now you do not have to have played at the highest level to be a success (look at Jose) but you need to be brought up in that sphere. With the best will in the world you could not describe Emanelo's career glittering until he wormed his way into Chelsea.

Looking at his career on Wiki would not inspire you at all.

No a clear out at top level and the board is needed, RA has shown he has a ruthless streak now more than ever this is needed and start again with real football people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Love jimmy, rocket of a shot on him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Let's be honest, the only genuine elite manager who might (possibly) touch us at this point is Jose, for sentimental reasons.

Anybody else will be looking for a payday or on the way down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

nuxxx wrote: »
    Love jimmy, rocket of a shot on him

Ah what a player. Anyone remember this? Probably the best hat-trick you'll ever see. One left foot screamer, one right, and a bullet header.

and of course...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

More than likely we will not have CL football next season, so even less incentive for a top manager to come here.

We are well and truly banjoed at the moment and it will take a miracle to turn it around.
    Hard to be believe we are European champions :(
    geeky wrote: »
    Let's be honest, the only genuine elite manager who might (possibly) touch us at this point is Jose, for sentimental reasons.

Anybody else will be looking for a payday or on the way down.

bullpost wrote: »
    More than likely we will not have CL football next season, so even less incentive for a top manager to come here.

We are well and truly banjoed at the moment and it will take a miracle to turn it around.
    Hard to be believe we are European champions :(

I think we'll finish top 4, even though our recent form has been impossible to predict we've enough about us to finsih top 4 above any one of Arsenal, Everton or Liverpool who are pushing up the table.

I'm in the same boat a Gav here, I firmly believe we will finish top 4. The league in general is pretty poor this year with lots of teams losing in games you've have banked them to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Maybe Ba will be in the squad for Wigan after all? #

Chelsea striker Demba Ba has tweeted that he is on his way to Italy to get fitted for a protective mask, after a broken nose looked set to rule him out of the weekend's game with Wigan. Ba suffered the injury during a collision with former team-mate Fabricio Coloccini during Chelsea's 3-2 defeat to Newcastle last weekend.

Also, Nigeria 3-0 up, assist by Moses for the first goal!

GOAL - Mali 0-1 Nigeria - Elderson Echiejile (25 mins)

What wonderful, wonderful play from Chelsea's Victor Moses. He turns his defender inside and out on the right before delivering an inch-perfect cross for Braga left-back Elderson Echiejile, who stoops down to head in.

Yusuf Ridwan on Twitter: "Moses has ran this Malian defence ragged. Most important player in this tournament."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Dont see it myself lads.

Liverpool and Arsenal are running into a bit of form whereas we are lurching from crisis to crisis. I'm normally optimistic but don't see much hope at the moment.

Its a soap opera at the Bridge.

Coincidentally the music from Apocalypse Now has just started playing in the background as I typed those last sentences :)
    I'm in the same boat a Gav here, I firmly believe we will finish top 4. The league in general is pretty poor this year with lots of teams losing in games you've have banked them to win.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement