Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

what a day wrote: »
    No way we can let Courtios go!! Its a crazy amount of money for Falcao WITH Courtios!!

We dont need to off load a GK of Courtios ability, Keep our best players FFS!!!!!!!!

We dont the club send Marin to Leverkusen with some cash for Shurrle. Send Torres on to Atletico for Falcao but not Courtios.......come on!!!!!

Shurrle can play as a winger but he would make an awsome striker and a better player than Marin.

The money been touted for Falcao is crazy, The chap is 27 not 22!!!!

I agree with you. The reason the £46m/€55m figure is bandied about is that appears to be the minimum release clause in Falcao's contract. That would explain why it's £46m + Whoever. The problem with Whoever is that Atlectio don't want a Torres or Marin, they want a Courtois or a Hazard. Maybe even at a push - eek - a Lampard.

As for the manager, Jose looks favourite, although Klopp could just be bargaining for more money. I'd like to see Hiddink have a good run at the job, but Anzhi have their own billionaires and endlessly deep pockets. City dumping Mancini - which I think they will - would complicate matters with Jose. City owners have shown a willingness to give managers both time and free rein in addition to massive funding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

I think just about everyone expects Klopp to stay with Dortmund, but if you want to be afraid to be very afraid well here is a blog which is scary

http://www.london24.com/sport/chelsea/true_blue_i_have_a_feeling_that_benitez_will_be_at_chelsea_next_season_1_1928144

Ahhh how dare you even mention such a thing!!!!

I just puked through my eyeballs reading that.

If we dont get Mourinho there is a few names id like to see given a shot at the Chelsea title, Diego Simione or Laudrup would be my prefered. I like the way both teams play football and Laudrup has done well in the little time he has been a manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Looking at our fixtures, April & May are huge months for us and we've 4 very big games in those months.

April is Spurs at home followed by Liverpool away and in May we've Utd away and finish up with Everton at home.

Thats a massive 12 points on offer and will involve at least one team hoping to take 2nd, 3rd, 4th spot.

If we can beat Spurs and Everton I'd be happy with a Draw at Anfield and Old Trafford, well with Utd's record there would be very good to come away with a point but wouldnt be looking for much there.

Duck Soup wrote: »
    I agree with you. The reason the £46m/€55m figure is bandied about is that appears to be the minimum release clause in Falcao's contract. That would explain why it's £46m + Whoever. The problem with Whoever is that Atlectio don't want a Torres or Marin, they want a Courtois or a Hazard. Maybe even at a push - eek - a Lampard.

As for the manager, Jose looks favourite, although Klopp could just be bargaining for more money. I'd like to see Hiddink have a good run at the job, but Anzhi have their own billionaires and endlessly deep pockets. City dumping Mancini - which I think they will - would complicate matters with Jose. City owners have shown a willingness to give managers both time and free rein in addition to massive funding.

Your right Duck but who is it in the board that wants to offer crazy money plus one of the best young GKs in the world for a peak striker when we could keep our GK and invest them money on two or three strikers in the hope at least one of the will be world class one day?
    Is it just Roman??
    Its simple for us fans to see why cant the club see it our way?

Im not asking to spend mega money just cash in on the average players we have and reinvest the money in a few players we need. Promote some young to fill some spaces and give them a chance to display there abilitys.

OUT:
    "Rafa"
    Yossi
    Malouda
    Torres
    Essien
    Ferraira
    Marin

Surely that would free up a massive amount of cash and bring DeBryune, McEachran and Kalas.
    If we can sign another Striker like Shurrle we could leave Lukaku on loan another season to futher his development and then move on Ba when Lukaku matures to take Ba's place and offer compation to Shurrle.

Kalas can offer us further dept in defence while also allowing Luiz to play in DM on occasion.
    McEachran can also offer us alot of ability in a pivot role or along side Mikel in a deep midfield role.
    DeBruyne can offer attacking treat and creativity through the center and on the flank, perfect to replace injuriy prone Marin.

If we have money to spend we could do with enforcing our defensive midfield, some one like Fellaini would be my first choice because of his versatility and proven PL talent.

Of course we could do with a clinical striker and i think Shurrle is that at such a young age we could afford to purchase and alternative aswell.

Sorry for blabbing on, im bored in work.

Your right Duck but who is it in the board that wants to offer crazy money plus one of the best young GKs in the world for a peak striker when we could keep our GK and invest them money on two or three strikers in the hope at least one of the will be world class one day?
    Is it just Roman??
    Its simple for us fans to see why cant the club see it our way?

Im not asking to spend mega money just cash in on the average players we have and reinvest the money in a few players we need. Promote some young to fill some spaces and give them a chance to display there abilitys.

OUT:
    "Rafa"
    Yossi
    Malouda
    Torres
    Essien
    Ferraira
    Marin

Surely that would free up a massive amount of cash and bring DeBryune, McEachran and Kalas.
    If we can sign another Striker like Shurrle we could leave Lukaku on loan another season to futher his development and then move on Ba when Lukaku matures to take Ba's place and offer compation to Shurrle.

Kalas can offer us further dept in defence while also allowing Luiz to play in DM on occasion.
    McEachran can also offer us alot of ability in a pivot role or along side Mikel in a deep midfield role.
    DeBruyne can offer attacking treat and creativity through the center and on the flank, perfect to replace injuriy prone Marin.

If we have money to spend we could do with enforcing our defensive midfield, some one like Fellaini would be my first choice because of his versatility and proven PL talent.

Of course we could do with a clinical striker and i think Shurrle is that at such a young age we could afford to purchase and alternative aswell.

Sorry for blabbing on, im bored in work.

I'd add Ivanovic to that list TBH.

We'd get decent money for him and with Kalas, Aae and Bruma we've enough cover there, hell I'd sell him and think about selling Cahill if it meant we got in a very good CB, between those two we'd get about 20-25 Million.

Although if push came to shove I'd keep Cahill over Ivanovic.

Chelsea have already had their fingers burnt twice with strikers at the supposed 'peak' of their form - Torres and Shevchenko. Torres I think was semi-crocked when we got him, Shev I'm not sure what happened there. Maybe just not a fit.

The problem is that Chelsea have seen (a) what the likes of a one-man army like Drogba can do and (b) Man U getting great return out of RVP. So while I don't disagree with a word you say, I think that Roman may still persist with his ambition for a marquee name striker. The thinking goes that you're taking a punt on an up-and-coming striker, whereas the big bucks will buy you, ahem, 'guaranteed' results.

I think a dominant CB is perhaps a more pressing concern. JT is never going to be a every-game-of-the-season player again, with niggles and strains continually cropping up.

I think a dominant CB is perhaps a more pressing concern. JT is never going to be a every-game-of-the-season player again, with niggles and strains continually cropping up.

It's a very big issue, we've looked very soft at times without JT's leadership, Cahill is the natural succesor to his throne in terms of what he offers the club but I think we need another CB if we're going to persist with Luiz in CM which should happen IMO, it will save us going after a Modric/Fellaini big money signing.

I can't see past Hummels, but I'd acknowledge that it's highly unlikely. Strange to say of the current European champions, but he'd be leaving a team in Borussia Dortmund that's won two Bundesliga titles on the bounce to join a team unmistakably third best in the Premiership. Still, never say never when Roman's got an itchy cheque book finger.

• Advertisement

For me Luiz has to play as a CB because of his ability to play from the back and move into a midfield 2 during a game without having to make a subsitution. Players like that are worth their weight in gold. I think your right about Ivan Gav TBH id ship him out if we could get another defender in, a top quality one like Hummels to play along side Luiz and offer JT some time to rest and preserve his career.
    Cahill is a good defender IMO and he adds to the english quota.

I agree, Hummels would be a dream CB but I just cant see it happening anytime soon.

Borussia all though looking out of the German title race have ahd a great showing in the UCL and have a tasty match with Shakthar coming up and will be in the UCL again next year, unless it's huge money I cant see him in Chelsea blue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

An interesting player that would be excellent for a CB (but also a highly unlikely player to leave their club) would be Benedikt Howedes from Schalke. Good leadership skills, about 7 feet tall and has been impressive. Unfortunately, he's the club captain there, so they'd be unlikely to sell and he'd be unlikely to want to leave...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

If we cant get Jose why not Mazzarri and get a head start on getting Cavani. Good player that lad strong powerful.

Though if the papers are to be believed RM are going to buy everyone, they cannot be too worried about FFP.

http://www.givemefootball.com/331325-spanish-giants-offer-56m-for-chelsea-and-manchester-city-target?

For me Luiz has to play as a CB because of his ability to play from the back and move into a midfield 2 during a game without having to make a subsitution. Players like that are worth their weight in gold. I think your right about Ivan Gav TBH id ship him out if we could get another defender in, a top quality one like Hummels to play along side Luiz and offer JT some time to rest and preserve his career.
    Cahill is a good defender IMO and he adds to the english quota.

Sideshow can really become a latter day Bobby Moore or Franz Beckenbauer.

Luiz is a awsome player as i said he can play from the back and move to midfield giving us the option to change formation more fluidly. Same goes for Fellaini BTW. Fellaini could play in a duo along side Luiz allowing one to retreath back into defense and Fellaini can also charge forward adding to attack.

You all prob think im made but i can see Ramires doing a simular job at RB like Belletti did for us. Energy to burn, good at tracking back and excellent on the ball while also fast he can make a tackle and could be used as cover for "Dave" should we move Ivan on.

Im a big fan of Kyle Walker too but id imagine he would cost us a bomb to get on board for obvious reasons.

Oh and BTW Gav i heard we are selling on Bruma this summer with a few more youth/frindge players to be moved on. Neymar could very well sign for us too if we dont get Falcao/Higuain/Cavani. The Brazilian connection is getting bigger : - )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Hello,
    Where do you guys get tickets to stamford bridge ?

I was looking at some 3rd party crowd yesterday and they were charging 80 Pounds for crappy seats v Swansea - also this match wasn't listed on the official site.

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

the_monkey wrote: »
    Hello,

I was looking at some 3rd party crowd yesterday and they were charging 80 Pounds for crappy seats v Swansea - also this match wasn't listed on the official site.

thanks

Get yourself a membership and buy them on the club website. You'll have no problem getting a ticket to a game at home to Swansea. They'll be on sale about a month before the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

the_monkey wrote: »
    Hello,

thanks

If you sign up for the Chelsea online email, which is free, they send you info for games on general sale. Got one last week for the West Brom game, so would imagine Swansea won't be any more of a draw than WBA. Think I only got 1 email last season for league games on general sale, have had 4 I think so far this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Chelsea have already had their fingers burnt twice with strikers at the supposed 'peak' of their form - Torres and Shevchenko. Torres I think was semi-crocked when we got him, Shev I'm not sure what happened there. Maybe just not a fit.

The problem is that Chelsea have seen (a) what the likes of a one-man army like Drogba can do and (b) Man U getting great return out of RVP. So while I don't disagree with a word you say, I think that Roman may still persist with his ambition for a marquee name striker. The thinking goes that you're taking a punt on an up-and-coming striker, whereas the big bucks will buy you, ahem, 'guaranteed' results.
    The problem with Falcao is that if he does sign for us, in no time at all he'll be 28 and aging. Maybe we'll get two top seasons out of him, but is that really going to be worth the 45 million plus 4 or 5 years mega-wages? With far less resale value? Personally I have doubts about putting so many more eggs in one basket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Frank Sinclair the latest ex chels to move into management

http://www.tibsnews.com/news/frank-sinclair-steps-into-management/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Lukaku very lively when he came on. Cracking goal, embarrased Agger with a terrific touch and turn of pace and finished.

Honestly lads I think we should forget the big money strikers and Torres because in Lukaku and Ba we have two quality strikers. I really think Lukaku is going to be very special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

That's 10 league goals for him this season from 23 games. And he was sub for a good few of them. I don't agree with people saying we should have recalled him in January though, this season at West Brom will be excellent for his development.

Johner wrote: »
    That's 10 league goals for him this season from 23 games. And he was sub for a good few of them. I don't agree with people saying we should have recalled him in January though, this season at West Brom will be excellent for his development.

One more season at WBA or have him back at the Bridge for the start of the next?

Lukaku go tthe nickname "Son of Drogba" it's easy to see why, the young lad is very impressive.

As said, why spend 40-50 million when you've a guy ready made for the league and hes bullied a few CB's already in his time with WBA.

McDave wrote: »
    The problem with Falcao is that if he does sign for us, in no time at all he'll be 28 and aging. Maybe we'll get two top seasons out of him, but is that really going to be worth the 45 million plus 4 or 5 years mega-wages? With far less resale value? Personally I have doubts about putting so many more eggs in one basket.

At that age, it can go one two ways - the Torres experience, maxed out and starting a decline, or the Drogba experience, maybe 4 or 5 seasons at the top of his game.

I'm not arguing that Falcao's worth the kind of money that they're asking for him, just that world-class strikers are rarer than hen's teeth. If you want one, you pay absolute top dollar for them. At least Falcao looks hungry - as do Ba and Lukaku. Willing to batter their ways into goalscoring positions. Torres too often pulls up short, as if to say a better chance will come.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

If Chelsea management is bit sensible then your striker is set for 10 years. Lukaku is a tank. Physically he can bully any defender and technically he is very good. That dribble from near his own box to the other end showed how good his dribbling is.

He is going to be a class player, only question is whether Chelsea can find a manager who can integrate him to the first team and give him chances.

Malouda has his say. : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2277204/Florent-Malouda-says-Chelsea-trying-break-mentally.html#axzz2KfjpZf8Z
    Florent Malouda has launched an astonishing attack on Chelsea, claiming the club are trying to ‘break him mentally’ by forcing him to train with academy players.
    The France midfielder has hit out after being excluded from the 25-man Premier League squad all season and forbidden from even changing with the first team at their Cobham training ground.

Malouda, whose contract expires at the end of the season, has been banished since a move to North America collapsed last summer.
    ‘The details I’ll explain when I’m free,’ Malouda, 32, told newspaper France-Guyane.
    ‘But the strategy they use is to make me look like a player seeking substantial compensation. If you are excluded for one year, it is very, very long.

'You must be armed mentally. All this is done to break me mentally, but in reality it motivates me enormously.

GavRedKing wrote: »

If Chelsea couldn't offload him they could have used him. Your squad is thin and he could have been used as an impact player imo.

I know he was **** but when if could regain his old form or anywhere near it, he could have been very good player to have in squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    If Chelsea couldn't offload him they could have used him. Your squad is thin and he could have been used as an impact player imo.

I know he was **** but when if could regain his old form or anywhere near it, he could have been very good player to have in squad.

IIRC it wasn't his form it was his attitude that landed him in the position he is in, no player is bigger than the club they play for so I say let him rot!

IIRC it wasn't his form it was his attitude that landed him in the position he is in, no player is bigger than the club they play for so I say let him rot!

Didn't know that. I thought Chelsea tried to sell him but couldn't (maybe because of his wage demands) so they let him rot in reserves.

• Advertisement

He could have been a decent option to have on the left, better then Bertrand anyway but as Homer pointed out it wasnt just a footballing reason that has him training with the youth team.

TBH if I was getting his wages and I knew the club didnt want me and I couldnt get a move, I wouldnt give a toss and I'd train with whoever they wanted me too, he'll probably get a move to MLS in the summer or there was talks of going to Brazil also as his wife is Brazilian.

Anyway, the guy has won a lot with us and got paid very well in the process, in his first 2 seasons he was prolific but he slowed down, bulked up and lost what was a decent first touch, I actually thought Rafa would at some stage call on him to help out the squad but it hasnt happened.....yet.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Didn't know that. I thought Chelsea tried to sell him but couldn't (maybe because of his wage demands) so they let him rot in reserves.

I think and I could be wrong, that he was offered a chance to leave bu the was going to be nearly 40k a week down on what he got with us and he wanted Chelsea to pick up what he was going to lose for the first year of his contract with his new club, the club refused, he kicked up a stink and he is where he is.

As I said, it's what I heard but the information could be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

apparently this fella has signed a pre-contract with chelsea
    Lazar Markovic
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBDYDuTdPjA

from serbian newspaper the Sportski žurnal
    direct google translation

That's the secret that black and white trying to hide even though the realization of this transfer worked for almost a year - from the time he leaked information to the care of Lazar Markovic , although his agent Fali Ramadani , took Pini Zahavi and the Investment Israeli fund it manages has already paid Partizan around seven million euros.
    Serbian football public to come into a dilemma where Markovic took care to pursue a career Serbia coach Sinisa Mihajlovic , who after the Europa League match between Inter Milan and Partizan discovered that it was Massimo Moratti asked about the potential of one of our most talented players.
    Italians interest probably prompting leaders Chelsea to accelerate job so Markovic ahead of New Year holiday was three days away from Stamford Bridge club.
    As it became clear that officially become a Chelsea player, Lazar Markovic became acquainted with future teammates. In this he was helped by team captain Serbian Branislav Ivanovic .
    In Markovic's honor was organized dinner which was attended by Branislav Ivanovic , Marko Marin and vice captains Chelsea and the English national team Frank Lampard .
    Will Markovic opportunity to get Chelsea in the summer now, or will be sent somewhere hardening depends on the extent to which it will continue to develop, but that the people of the famous club left a good impression, no doubt.
    Depending on the decision of the English on this issue depends on whether Partizan will be able to prolong Markovic's departure before the end of qualifying for the Champions League or the Europa League standings according to the national championship.

Who likes a good conspiracy theory?????

http://footballblog.co.uk/truth-chelseas-fernando-torres-poor-form.html?

Could almost believe this if he had not used the phrase respected journalist and Balague in the same sentence.

Personally reeks of BS to me, surely any such contract would be subject to passing medical examinations.

Bored in work so i taught id post how id like to see us line up next season, some new players included.

My favoured formation is still a 4-3-3 formation but we should be well capable to play a
    4-2-3-1 as well both and play a high line.

Moses
    Shurrle
    ????????

Hazard
    Mata

Mikel

Cole
    "Dave"
    Cahill
    Luiz

Cech

Id like Shurrle to lead our line as a Striker but i have no idea who we could sign as our inverted RW. I know Moses can play both wings but but we should have another first option RW. I feel Moses plays best with Hazard behind him and Moses best foot is his right foot. Delighted with how Moses has progressed and stepped up his performances since his arival. With the above line up we can mix things up a bit with Shurrle also capable of rotating across the front 3 with Moses. By using this multiposition players Moses can rotate from LW to CF to RW allowing Hazard to switch to LW or Mata to RW allowing Luiz to move forward into Midfield.

Of Course we have to be able to defend and we can do that by keeping the ball and changing formation to 4-2-3-1

Shurrle

Hazard
    Oscar
    Mata----

Luiz
    Mikel

Cole
    Terry
    Cahill
    Ivan

Cech

We can always use Ba for the long ball (which i HATE) but Shurrle Hazard Mata and Oscar have the speed for counter attacks.

A second string should also be used as subs during every game and used in CC games and some players introduced during FA cup/League games against weaker oposition.

Moses
    Ba
    ????????

DeBruyne
    Oscar

Oriol

Bertrand
    Ramires
    Cahill
    Kalas

Courtios

4-2-3-1 formation

Ba

----DeBruyne
    Oscar
    Ramires---

Oriol
    McEachran

Bertrand
    Cahill
    Kalas
    Ivan/Hutch

Courtios

Bored in work so i taught id post how id like to see us line up next season, some new players included.

My favoured formation is still a 4-3-3 formation but we should be well capable to play a
    4-2-3-1 as well both and play a high line.

Moses
    Shurrle
    ????????

Hazard
    Mata

Mikel

Cole
    "Dave"
    Cahill
    Luiz

Cech

Id like Shurrle to lead our line as a Striker but i have no idea who we could sign as our inverted RW. I know Moses can play both wings but but we should have another first option RW. I feel Moses plays best with Hazard behind him and Moses best foot is his right foot. Delighted with how Moses has progressed and stepped up his performances since his arival. With the above line up we can mix things up a bit with Shurrle also capable of rotating across the front 3 with Moses. By using this multiposition players Moses can rotate from LW to CF to RW allowing Hazard to switch to LW or Mata to RW allowing Luiz to move forward into Midfield.

Of Course we have to be able to defend and we can do that by keeping the ball and changing formation to 4-2-3-1

Shurrle

Hazard
    Oscar
    Mata----

Luiz
    Mikel

Cole
    Terry
    Cahill
    Ivan

Cech

We can always use Ba for the long ball (which i HATE) but Shurrle Hazard Mata and Oscar have the speed for counter attacks.

A second string should also be used as subs during every game and used in CC games and some players introduced during FA cup/League games against weaker oposition.

Moses
    Ba
    ????????

DeBruyne
    Oscar

Oriol

Bertrand
    Ramires
    Cahill
    Kalas

Courtios

4-2-3-1 formation

Ba

----DeBruyne
    Oscar
    Ramires---

Oriol
    McEachran

Bertrand
    Cahill
    Kalas
    Ivan/Hutch

Courtios

???????????? = NEYMAR :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Imagine if we had of gotten Falcao instead of Torres back in 2011..one can dream

Every time i watch Aguero it makes me sick to think we could have forked out for him instead of Torres. We where chasing him for a while but haggling over his fee and wages yet we splash 50m on Torres!!! : - (

Every time i watch Aguero it makes me sick to think we could have forked out for him instead of Torres. We where chasing him for a while but haggling over his fee and wages yet we splash 50m on Torres!!! : - (

That really is a total sickener isn't it. When it comes to strikers with the notable exception of Drogba for the past 10 years we have very much been the Bridesmaid and not the Bride.

• Advertisement

Yeah your right there grumpy, i liked Crespo but again he didnt work out for us either.
    In not for one second doubting Falcao, he is an amazing striker, his record speaks for its self but TBH i dont think he is worth the money we are reportedly spending on him.

At his age "27" we may get 3 really good seasons out of him but for nearly 50m plus Courtios i think we are crazy. It stinks of the Torres/Sheva deals if you ask me.

Id rather we focused on either 40m for Cavani. Or else spend the 40 - 50m on Higuain and Shurrle etc. We do need a right winger though.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Imagine if we had of gotten Falcao instead of Torres back in 2011..one can dream

Didnt Martin O'Neill turn him down when he was in charge of Villa a few years ago for a few million, think the money went on Heskey instead, although that could be internet BS but I'm sure I seen it somewhere reputable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

You do know Torres has actually scored more goals right? :p
    (Ok so much less appearances, but an injured striker is no use to anyone!)
    Wouldnt swap them for the world ;)

What about Chilean 'wonderkid' midfielder, Cristian Cuevas, who we are in 'advanced negotiations' to sign.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2276535/Chelsea-advanced-negotiations-Chilean-wonderkid-Cristian-Cuevas.html

I'm guessing we snap him up and loan him out again fairly sharpish.

What about Chilean 'wonderkid' midfielder, Cristian Cuevas, who we are in 'advanced negotiations' to sign.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2276535/Chelsea-advanced-negotiations-Chilean-wonderkid-Cristian-Cuevas.html

That's a never ending process with the club. :(

Often sees players with perceived big futures fading into the wilderness until the next big thing rocks up at Cobham, we've a few good youth, under age prospects but are they just that?

AVB was giving out stink that the acamedy had no players worthy of making the step up under his tenure, one can only hope the players still at the club sonce then have improved or they'll be forgotten about as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

GavRedKing wrote: »
    That's a never ending process with the club. :(

Often sees players with perceived big futures fading into the wilderness until the next big thing rocks up at Cobham, we've a few good youth, under age prospects but are they just that?

AVB was giving out stink that the acamedy had no players worthy of making the step up under his tenure, one can only hope the players still at the club sonce then have improved or they'll be forgotten about as well.

We still have Malouda, he could once play a bit

• Advertisement

We still have Malouda, he could once play a bit

Can you imagine the outrage if Rafa was to bring in Malouda?

Actually I'd find it funny seeing people over-react.

We could have a minute of booing on the 15th minute and cheering on the 16th minute, that kind of stuff writes itself. :P

Yea God forbid we sign him up and then see if he can play for us.

With regard to Malouda I would not be too keen to take what was reported to be a 40% pay cut for a year without damn good reason. There also seems to be something in the AVB /RA thing as per the blog below. If that is the reason he is being kept in the cold it is a bit harsh. But then there is nowt as queer as folk as they say.

http://thisisfutbol.com/2013/02/blogs/time-to-get-frank-lamards-going?

He bakes! He scores! (Well, he bakes at least).

A Samsung commercial now airing in Thailand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Oh....

Dear....

GOD!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Him sitting on the bench waiting is.....apt!:pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement