Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

Don't understand people wanting us to bring in schurrle as out first choice striker, plays more games out on the wing?? He's hardly a prolific scorer in Germany either, what makes people think he can lead line for us and bang them in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Duck Soup wrote: »
    He bakes! He scores! (Well, he bakes at least).

A Samsung commercial now airing in Thailand.

He bakes, he scones?

I'll get my coat...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Not PSG. Not MU. (Unless it's mind games for tmrw).

That kind of reduces it to City or CFC.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1337679/real-madrid-boss-jose-mourinho:-england-could-be-my-next-step?cc=5739

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

McDave wrote: »
    Not PSG. Not MU. (Unless it's mind games for tmrw).

That kind of reduces it to City or CFC.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1337679/real-madrid-boss-jose-mourinho:-england-could-be-my-next-step?cc=5739

I think there's a hell of a lot of mutual admiration and a genuine friendship between Jose and SAF. Jose would never disrespect SAF by angling for his job while he's still in it and shows no sign of quitting.

Maybe the sentimental attachment to Chelsea is enough to swing it, but though it pains me to say it, why go to a club where your hands are at least half-tied when there are any number of other clubs where you can run the club from top to bottom? It wouldn't completely surprise me to see Wenger walking at the end of this season, either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Lampard Signs !!!!

.... a kids book deal :S

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21433772

Frank Lampard signs children's book deal

_65851623_lampard_304pa.jpgLampard said he had been inspired by reading stories with his daughters
    Continue reading the main storyRelated Stories

England and Chelsea footballer Frank Lampard is to write a series of children's books, publisher Little Brown has announced.
    The midfielder, whose contract expires at the end of the season, will pen five books, called Frankie's Magic Football, for children aged five and above.
    The stories will follow the adventures of a school boy, Frankie, his football-loving friends, and pet dog Max.
    Lampard said the stories were "loosely based on friends and team mates".
    The 34-year-old will publish his first book, Frankie Versus The Pirate Pillagers, in June, followed by two more this year and another two in 2014.
    "I first had the idea of Frankie and his Magic Football when reading stories to my own children," he said in a statement.
    "Sport and reading are two essentials for us at home, so I decided to make up my own football stories and adventures."
    'Wacky adventures'Lampard has two daughters, aged five and eight, with his former fiancee, Spanish model Elen Rivas. He is currently engaged to TV presenter Christine Bleakley.
    The vice-captain of Chelsea FC, Lampard currently earns £150,000 per week. He started his career in 1994 at West Ham United, where his father, Frank Lampard Sr, had also played.
    He has represented England more than 90 times, scoring 27 goals - but he may be best remembered for a shot he took in a 2010 World Cup match against Germany.
    The ball crossed the line, and players and fans believed Lampard had scored a goal - but it was disallowed. The resulting furore prompted football's world governing body, Fifa, to investigate the introduction of goal-line technology, which was used for the first time in a Club World Cup match last December.
    Lampard's book deal was brokered by Neil Blair and Zoe King, who also represent JK Rowling. They said the books were "full of loveable characters on wacky adventures" and destined for "great things".
    He is not the first footballer to write fiction - Arsenal star Theo Walcott has written a series of children's books and former England manager Terry Venables co-wrote a series of crime novels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

the_monkey wrote: »
    Lampard Signs !!!!

.... a kids book deal :S

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21433772

Frank Lampard signs children's book deal

_65851623_lampard_304pa.jpgLampard said he had been inspired by reading stories with his daughters
    Continue reading the main storyRelated Stories

England and Chelsea footballer Frank Lampard is to write a series of children's books, publisher Little Brown has announced.
    The midfielder, whose contract expires at the end of the season, will pen five books, called Frankie's Magic Football, for children aged five and above.
    The stories will follow the adventures of a school boy, Frankie, his football-loving friends, and pet dog Max.
    Lampard said the stories were "loosely based on friends and team mates".
    The 34-year-old will publish his first book, Frankie Versus The Pirate Pillagers, in June, followed by two more this year and another two in 2014.
    "I first had the idea of Frankie and his Magic Football when reading stories to my own children," he said in a statement.
    "Sport and reading are two essentials for us at home, so I decided to make up my own football stories and adventures."
    'Wacky adventures'Lampard has two daughters, aged five and eight, with his former fiancee, Spanish model Elen Rivas. He is currently engaged to TV presenter Christine Bleakley.
    The vice-captain of Chelsea FC, Lampard currently earns £150,000 per week. He started his career in 1994 at West Ham United, where his father, Frank Lampard Sr, had also played.
    He has represented England more than 90 times, scoring 27 goals - but he may be best remembered for a shot he took in a 2010 World Cup match against Germany.
    The ball crossed the line, and players and fans believed Lampard had scored a goal - but it was disallowed. The resulting furore prompted football's world governing body, Fifa, to investigate the introduction of goal-line technology, which was used for the first time in a Club World Cup match last December.
    Lampard's book deal was brokered by Neil Blair and Zoe King, who also represent JK Rowling. They said the books were "full of loveable characters on wacky adventures" and destined for "great things".
    He is not the first footballer to write fiction - Arsenal star Theo Walcott has written a series of children's books and former England manager Terry Venables co-wrote a series of crime novels.

i think the term ghost writer might be involved in this :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Anyone watch the games ast night? PSG were looking impresive.....until Ibra got himself sent off for on eof the softest red's you'll see in awhile.

They could have been 4-0 up before Valencia pulled 1 back, it could cost them but I'd expect them to breeze it in Paris.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Don't understand people wanting us to bring in schurrle as out first choice striker, plays more games out on the wing?? He's hardly a prolific scorer in Germany either, what makes people think he can lead line for us and bang them in?

Most would have said the same about Henry when he signed for Arsenal.
    Just because he plays in a different position does not mean he could not play a different role. He reminds me of an in form Torres with explosive turns of pace and leathel with the ball at his feet.

As i said before if Roman wants total football he will have to buy players that can play total football not mega star players. Shurrle could rotate along a front line with Moses switching positions at ease.

I'd take winning things over total football idea, teams have won before without playing Barca type football.

Hopefully with missing on Pep then Roman's wet dream of making us Barca-light has gone and he'll let the next guy take charge and do it his way, in fairness in Carlo he ad a guy who blitzed the league in goals scored and still went and sacked him. :confused:

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'd take winning things over total football idea, teams have won before without playing Barca type football.

Hopefully with missing on Pep then Roman's wet dream of making us Barca-light has gone and he'll let the next guy take charge and do it his way, in fairness in Carlo he ad a guy who blitzed the league in goals scored and still went and sacked him. :confused:

carlo was a strange one as that last season he was there, when i was at stamford bridge the fans in the ground were not happy with how that season went and were a bit pissed off with carlo's tactics and team selection
    but we need stability . there is the potential for a really great team for the next 7 or 8 years if the younger players are given a chance with a manager who trusts them and wont drop them and not pick them again after one bad game (kakuta is just one example)

• Advertisement

That's another problem, as fans we've been lavished with money and trophies and we sort of expect it from Roman and whoevers in charge which doesnt help when the club starts losing a few games the fans start growing restless but thats a direct result of Romans money, which is like a double edged sword, we wouldnt be in the position if it wasnt for Romans investment.

Key word though is stability, I dont mind if Jose doesnt come back as long as the next guy gets a good go at it and not shafted when we lose a few games in January 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

If Jose is to come back I do hope that ManU beat RM in the Champions league. If this happens I think he will be gone before he touches back down in Madrid. That being the case we could have Jose in charge by the time we go to Fulham on 10th March. Should that happen I would have no doubt we would finish at worst 3rd and possibly 2nd.

Sadly I think RM will beat ManU but it is not often I would shout for ManU so lets have a big G'WAN for Fergie and the boys.

I dont think Real will sack him before the end of the season, unless he loses the UCL and both back to back Clasico's either side of the UCL game.

To be honest if RM do lose to ManU I would be more surprised if Jose does not lose his job right away than if he keeps it. However ManU have to win first and I dont think they will in any event.

Really really silly season has started I see with rehashed reports of Barca wanting Sideshow. Now I am sure they would love him but given that we are not exactly strapped for cash and he has 3 1/2 years on his current contract I think it would take significantly more than ST£21.5m to get him

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/02/13/barcelona-line-up-hopeful-summer-move-for-21-5m-chelsea-star/?

To be honest if RM do lose to ManU I would be more surprised if Jose does not lose his job right away than if he keeps it. However ManU have to win first and I dont think they will in any event.

Really really silly season has started I see with rehashed reports of Barca wanting Sideshow. Now I am sure they would love him but given that we are not exactly strapped for cash and he has 3 1/2 years on his current contract I think it would take significantly more than ST£21.5m to get him

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/02/13/barcelona-line-up-hopeful-summer-move-for-21-5m-chelsea-star/?

Didnt we pay nearly 24 million Euro for him?

A team like ours cant be selling its best talent if we wnat to compete so I just cant see it happening anytime soon, unless he wants a move to Barca, they'll have him playing CM I reckon, next to Iniesta. :pac:

jose has left successful teams His whole career, if madrid won the champions league , that would be his time to leave

from the ever reliable daily star :)

13th February 2013 By Greg Heffer
    CHELSEA are bracing themselves for an attempt by Barcelona to nick David Luiz from Stamford Bridge.

Barca boss Tito Vilanova is thought to have made the Brazilian his number one summer target.

The Spaniard has identified central defence as his side's weak point, with midfielders Alex Song and Javier Mascherano having been asked to fill in at the back at various points this season.

In a meeting with Barca chiefs, Vilanova is reported to have stressed the importance of splashing out on a defender at the end of this season.

And Vilanova believes Luiz - who was a £21m signing from Portuguese side Benfica in 2011 - is the perfect fit for his side, suggests A Bola.

If the money is right, Chelsea could be tempted to cash in on the 25-year-old.

Luiz has recently been deployed in a midfield position by Blues' interim boss Rafa Benitez, with doubts persisting about his reliability as a centre-back in English football.

peteeeed wrote: »
    jose has left successful teams is whole career, if madrid won the champions league , that would be his time to leave

He has and hes gone either which way in the summer, he'll want to win the UCL, leaving Real without the UCL would be a failure for Jose and if he does win it he'll walk at the end of the season.

Nothing can save him IMO.
    from the ever reliable daily star :)

13th February 2013 By Greg Heffer
    CHELSEA are bracing themselves for an attempt by Barcelona to nick David Luiz from Stamford Bridge.

Barca boss Tito Vilanova is thought to have made the Brazilian his number one summer target.

The Spaniard has identified central defence as his side's weak point, with midfielders Alex Song and Javier Mascherano having been asked to fill in at the back at various points this season.

In a meeting with Barca chiefs, Vilanova is reported to have stressed the importance of splashing out on a defender at the end of this season.

And Vilanova believes Luiz - who was a £21m signing from Portuguese side Benfica in 2011 - is the perfect fit for his side, suggests A Bola.

If the money is right, Chelsea could be tempted to cash in on the 25-year-old.

Luiz has recently been deployed in a midfield position by Blues' interim boss Rafa Benitez, with doubts persisting about his reliability as a centre-back in English football.

One thing I'll thank Rafa for is deploying Luiz in CM, hes been very good since moving in there and looks at home there.

I'd actually stop looking for a CM and give the position to Luiz and try get a new CB in.

Would agree no chance at all of Jose being in Madrid next season wonder if it will be Carlo?

As for sideshow yea I would keep him as a CM and look for a CB.

• Advertisement

Would agree no chance at all of Jose being in Madrid next season wonder if it will be Carlo?

As for sideshow yea I would keep him as a CM and look for a CB.

I think he mentioned in the presser before the Valencia game if he fails at PSG (not bringing them the UCL in a few seasons) his next move is back to Italy.

Although if the right contract was thrown in his face he could easily be tempted.

Rafa or wenger for madrid :)

actually thinking about it, rafa and his valencia side are really well thought of in spain

Straight swap, Rafa for Jose, Torres for Higuain. :pac:

There was a lot of talk that our interim was being considered highly for the RM job, however that seems to have cooled of late as he has made such a mess of us. He does have a history of coaching with RM and the reserve team also.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

There was a lot of talk that our interim was being considered highly for the RM job, however that seems to have cooled of late as he has made such a mess of us. He does have a history of coaching with RM and the reserve team also.

The players and fans have nothing to do with this mess of course?

amiable wrote: »

Not entirely, but then I dont blame Rafa either for it, he was brave to take on the task, if his brief was to finish within the top 4 then hes been a success, I'm sure the club would have wanted him to win a trophy, we still have the EL and FA cup to play for but both are secondary to finishing in the top 4 IMO.

If Rafa can keep us in the top 4 then he'll have fulfilled his requirement, he was never going to get us out of the UCL sitation unless a miracle occured in the Juventus/Shakthar game.

The players, Rafa, the fans, the board all ahve a part to play either directly or indirectly to the cloud thats over the club in the last few months.

It would be interesting to see who'd want us to finish outside the top 4 and dumped out of both cups and ensure Rafa is gone for good or take a top 4 finish, an FA Cup victory and a decent show in the EL, I actually think people would rather failure and to ensure Rafa is gone then to celebrate a bit of success if he was to bring it to us.

• Advertisement

In my view he is a poor coach who has been unable to motivate a team which is really world class through poor tactics, poorer team selection and dreadful substitutions.

He was not accepted by the fans initially a situation he has made worse, if he had managed a winning team dissenting voices such as mine would have been reduced considerably, so in my view the fans have made a very small contribution to the problem.

The cause of this mess is RA, but our interim does not have the ability to clear it.

In my view he is a poor coach who has been unable to motivate a team which is really world class through poor tactics, poorer team selection and dreadful substitutions.

He was not accepted by the fans initially a situation he has made worse, if he had managed a winning team dissenting voices such as mine would have been reduced considerably, so in my view the fans have made a very small contribution to the problem.

The cause of this mess is RA, but our interim does not have the ability to clear it.

He won La Liga twice at Valencia which is no easy thing considering the might of Real Madrid and Barcelona.
    He also won the UEFA Cup at Valencia.
    Hardly the achievements of a poor coach.

I think installing him as an ''Interim Manager/coach'' and naming him as such did not help in his attempts to win the dressing room.
    It's extremely difficult to prove but that same dressing room does seem to be hard to win over for lots of people.

It does remind me of plenty of Liverpool fans(myself sometimes included) lamenting about a former manager and whoever takes over will likely struggle IMHO.

I genuinely believe if the fans and dressing room had got firmly behind him for the greater good of Chelsea there may have been a happier outcome.

I've seen it suggested by some that they might be happy to see Chelsea lose if it means the end of Benitez. Terrible form IMO. I would hope that's just a minority

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Not entirely, but then I dont blame Rafa either for it, he was brave to take on the task, if his brief was to finish within the top 4 then hes been a success, I'm sure the club would have wanted him to win a trophy, we still have the EL and FA cup to play for but both are secondary to finishing in the top 4 IMO.

If Rafa can keep us in the top 4 then he'll have fulfilled his requirement, he was never going to get us out of the UCL sitation unless a miracle occured in the Juventus/Shakthar game.

The players, Rafa, the fans, the board all ahve a part to play either directly or indirectly to the cloud thats over the club in the last few months.

It would be interesting to see who'd want us to finish outside the top 4 and dumped out of both cups and ensure Rafa is gone for good or take a top 4 finish, an FA Cup victory and a decent show in the EL, I actually think people would rather failure and to ensure Rafa is gone then to celebrate a bit of success if he was to bring it to us.

And Chelsea might yet win a trophy or 2 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Out of curiosity, if Mourinho went to City next season would that diminish your views of him?

Or is his legacy bulletproof?

He won La Liga twice at Valencia which is no easy thing considering the might of Real Madrid and Barcelona.
    He also won the UEFA Cup at Valencia.
    Hardly the achievements of a poor coach

I think installing him as an ''Interim Manager/coach'' and naming him as such did not help in his attempts to win the dressing room.
    It's extremely difficult to prove but that same dressing room does seem to be hard to win over for lots of people.

It does remind me of plenty of Liverpool fans(myself sometimes included) lamenting about a former manager and whoever takes over will likely struggle IMHO.

I genuinely believe if the fans and dressing room had got firmly behind him for the greater good of Chelsea there may have been a happier outcome.

I've seen it suggested by some that they might be happy to see Chelsea lose if it means the end of Benitez. Terrible form IMO. I would hope that's just a minority

Kenny Dalglish was a great manager in his day as well I wouldn't want him managing Chelsea neither, no disrespect to the man he just has had his day.

RDM was only a caretaker he managed to get the players behind him to such an amount he won in less than 6 months the same trophies our current interim won in his entire time in Liverpool.

Leaving the fans aside (RDM was never going to have a problem there) a good manager will motivate players RDM did Gus did. As I say a good manager will.

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, if Mourinho went to City next season would that diminish your views of him?

I personally think he'll end up at Man United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I personally think he'll end up at Man United

If he does I'd imagine that'll be via PSG because I can't see Ferguson leaving this summer.

Jose is a professional it was Chelsea that sacked him so from my point of view at least I would be very disappointed but that would be all. He still done an awful lot for Chelsea and for that I will always have a soft spot for him.

Nope, no matter where he went.

I'd be annoyed we missed him but I wouldnt be angered at annoyed with Jose or his legacy.

Kenny Dalglish was a great manager in his day as well I wouldn't want him managing Chelsea neither, no disrespect to the man he just has had his day.

RDM was only a caretaker he managed to get the players behind him to such an amount he won in less than 6 months the same trophies our current interim won in his entire time in Liverpool.

Leaving the fans aside (RDM was never going to have a problem there) a good manager will motivate players RDM did Gus did. As I say a good manager will.

Yet RDM only managed to finish 6th last season which is nowhere near good enough considering the players at his disposal.
    Unfair to compare Kenny and Rafa as Rafa has been in the game a lot more recently than Kenny had prior to taking over.
    Also unfair to compare compare IMHO what Rafa won in his spell at Liverpool to RDM's time at Chelsea.
    Why couldn't RDM motivate the players in the league then?
    I think it would have been difficult for nearly any manager to get the dressing room onside after RDM bar Jose or another ex Chelsea hero like Zola for example

If he does I'd imagine that'll be via PSG because I can't see Ferguson leaving this summer.

I can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I can

Agree. If they wrap the league up comfortably, which they should, I can see him calling it a day.

maximoose wrote: »
    Agree. If they wrap the league up comfortably, which they should, I can see him calling it a day.

He'll definitely want to bow out on a winning year.
    Chelsea and Man City will probably spend big again in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

I dont think so. He wants that 3rd CL win really bad. People like Fergie dont know when to retire.

maximoose wrote: »

Yet RDM only managed to finish 6th last season which is nowhere near good enough considering the players at his disposal.
    Unfair to compare Kenny and Rafa as Rafa has been in the game a lot more recently than Kenny had prior to taking over.
    Also unfair to compare compare IMHO what Rafa won in his spell at Liverpool to RDM's time at Chelsea.
    Why couldn't RDM motivate the players in the league then?
    I think it would have been difficult for nearly any manager to get the dressing room onside after RDM bar Jose or another ex Chelsea hero like Zola for example

We were adrift and in 5th when he took over did you expect him to win the league when there was only 11 games left and we were 20 points behind, in the end last season he only lost 3 league matches. When he was sacked we were very unlucky to be 2nd and only 4 points behind. Had it not been for the debacle that was ManU at home we would have been top still at that stage.

Why is it unfair to compare what they won, because it does not suite your argument I guess. It is a matter of fact they both won an FA cup and a Champions League.

I have no idea what you are getting at regarding Dalglish my point is he was a great manager 4 league titles and a few FA cups. He was great he is not in the top drawer any more, like another ex Liverpool manager.

• Advertisement

The premiership form guide , Chelsea 3rd , interesting reading

http://www.footballformguide.net/form/barclays-premier-league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Phoenix wrote: »
    So what UCL game ye watching tonight?

I think that outside of Germany and Ukraine, everyone else's attention is firmly on the Estatdio Santiago Bernabeu. Well, that's where mine is anyway, and I speak for the rest of the population of the planet Earth.

End transmission.

united churches league? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

united churches league? :)

Its the United Counties League featuring some of Northants finest football teams.

We were adrift and in 5th when he took over did you expect him to win the league when there was only 11 games left and we were 20 points behind, in the end last season he only lost 3 league matches. When he was sacked we were very unlucky to be 2nd and only 4 points behind. Had it not been for the debacle that was ManU at home we would have been top still at that stage.

Why is it unfair to compare what they won, because it does not suite your argument I guess. It is a matter of fact they both won an FA cup and a Champions League.

I have no idea what you are getting at regarding Dalglish my point is he was a great manager 4 league titles and a few FA cups. He was great he is not in the top drawer any more, like another ex Liverpool manager.

It's not fair as RDM had just taken over a team that cost a fortune and not that long after winning a league and cup double but I thought that was pretty obvious.
    I would have expected a manager who the dressing room were so behind to get them in to the Top 4 not further down the table.
    Kenny was out of the game such a long time is what I'm getting at that perhaps as some have suggested he was out of touch but we are agreed he is much better than Souness

So you have decided to overlook the massive achievement of Rafa winning La Liga twice with an unfancied team and a UEFA cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

It's not fair as RDM had just taken over a team that cost a fortune and not that long after winning a league and cup double but I thought that was pretty obvious.
    I would have expected a manager who the dressing room were so behind to get them in to the Top 4 not further down the table.
    Kenny was out of the game such a long time is what I'm getting at that perhaps as some have suggested he was out of touch but we are agreed he is much better than Souness

So you have decided to overlook the massive achievement of Rafa winning La Liga twice with an unfancied team and a UEFA cup?

The not finishing in the top 4 argument is irrelevant because we won the champions league. He did the exact same thing as Benitez the year he won the champions league. He got the best out of the squad because realistically at that stage of the season with the players at his disposal and the amount off games being played we had to prioritize one. RDM gambled on glory and the rest is history.

You seem to have a problem with the concept of time or you are just pretending that you don't understand the concept.

RDM was the third manager since the double, if you knew anything about Chelsea you would know the heart was ripped out of that team over the summer how Carlo got us to second was a fantastic achievement.

Now further on the concept of time it is 10 years since our interim won a league an absolute age so yes I do discount it.

You obviously like our interim fine bully for you. I think he is a washed up has been who should be nowhere near Stamford Bridge I wouldn't let him in even if he bought a ticket.

You seem to have a problem with the concept of time or you are just pretending that you don't understand the concept.

RDM was the third manager since the double, if you knew anything about Chelsea you would know the heart was ripped out of that team over the summer how Carlo got us to second was a fantastic achievement.

Now further on the concept of time it is 10 years since our interim won a league an absolute age so yes I do discount it.

You obviously like our interim fine bully for you. I think he is a washed up has been who should be nowhere near Stamford Bridge I wouldn't let him in even if he bought a ticket.

I don't have a problem with anything thanks.
    The squad was still a strong one since the double winning team and in fact had been strengthened.
    Same manager you misquoted before by backing it up from an article in a blog?
    You don't like him no matter what because he was succesful at beating Chelsea several times

• Advertisement

I think Rafa Benitez is a good manager. No shame in that.
    I also think if everyone pulled together at the club there would be a much better chance of the club being successful. Players and fans have to take some of the blame too IMO.
    I'm sure Rafa has made mistakes at Chelsea. Show me a manager that hasn't.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement