Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Straight swap, Rafa for Jose, Torres for Higuain. :pac:

Small adjustment.

Straight swop. Rafa for Jose. Torres (+some cash) for Ronaldo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Lukker- wrote: »

The not finishing in the top 4 argument is irrelevant because we won the champions league. He did the exact same thing as Benitez the year he won the champions league. He got the best out of the squad because realistically at that stage of the season with the players at his disposal and the amount off games being played we had to prioritize one. RDM gambled on glory and the rest is history.
    I don't think he put all his efforts in the champions league and I think its naive to believe he did IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

amiable wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with anything thanks.
    The squad was still a strong one since the double winning team and in fact had been strengthened.
    Same manager you misquoted before by backing it up from an article in a blog?
    You don't like him no matter what because he was succesful at beating Chelsea several times

You certainly have a problem with your knowledge or should I say lack of knowledge when it comes to Chelsea.

The squad had been strengthen you really have no idea do you? That summer we lost Ballack, Deco, Cole, Belletti and Ricky as main regular first team players (and a whole host of lesser lights like Sinclair, De Santo and Stoch). We bought Yossi, Kalas, Ram & Delac in the winter Sideshow and Nando. The following season we lost Yuri, Alex, Le Sulk main first teamers and got Mata, Meireles and in the winter Cahill.

So in answer to your wrong statement the team overall got weaker, it was last summer when Oscar, Hazard, Cesar, Moses and Ba this winter arrived could you say we have started to strengthen.

You and Chucky should go and open an interim appreciation thread where you can extol his virtues as ye see them. Or do you just enjoy trying to get the rise out of people with your inane drivel?

So to summarise you know little or nothing of Chelsea Football Club and Chelsea's interim manager is a washed up has been, that of course is nearly my opinion.

You certainly have a problem with your knowledge or should I say lack of knowledge when it comes to Chelsea.

The squad had been strengthen you really have no idea do you? That summer we lost Ballack, Deco, Cole, Belletti and Ricky as main regular first team players (and a whole host of lesser lights like Sinclair, De Santo and Stoch). We bought Yossi, Kalas, Ram & Delac in the winter Sideshow and Nando. The following season we lost Yuri, Alex, Le Sulk main first teamers and got Mata, Meireles and in the winter Cahill.

So in answer to your wrong statement the team overall got weaker, it was last summer when Oscar, Hazard, Cesar, Moses and Ba this winter arrived could you say we have started to strengthen.

You and Chucky should go and open an interim appreciation thread where you can extol his virtues as ye see them. Or do you just enjoy trying to get the rise out of people with your inane drivel?

So to summarise you know little or nothing of Chelsea Football Club and Chelsea's interim manager is a washed up has been, that of course is nearly my opinion.

So Chelsea spent £50 million on a striker and £25 million on a centreback but didn't improve their squad?
    They also bought Ramires who has been a massive success IMO but didn't improve their squad.
    Ballack, Deco, Cole, Belletti were no major losses but you say they were to suit your argument.
    The game is all about opinions and I have mine but it seems according to you I'm not entitled to it or to put it your way you accuse me of knowing nothing about Chelsea football club.
    I would hazard a guess I've been to Stamford Bridge more than most of the Chelsea posters in here(but not all I'm sure),

So Chelsea spent £50 million on a striker and £25 million on a centreback but didn't improve their squad?
    They also bought Ramires who has been a massive success IMO but didn't improve their squad.
    Ballack, Deco, Cole, Belletti were no major losses but you say they were to suit your argument.
    The game is all about opinions and I have mine but it seems according to you I'm not entitled to it or to put it your way you accuse me of knowing nothing about Chelsea football club.
    I would hazard a guess I've been to Stamford Bridge more than most of the Chelsea posters in here(but not all I'm sure),

Well I have been to Stamford Bridge at least 250 times. I have been there in crowds of over 60,000 and much less then 10,000. My God I have even been to Anfield 4 times so I am we'll capable of slumming it as well.

And when you are spoofing try be a little more subtle, is Nando working has he no so his price is immaterial. Sideshow is at best a direct replacement for Ricky, good player Sideshow is he is still not as good as Ricky (yet he will be though) Ballack was a brilliant player and it was a total cock up by RA to let him go. So not only do you not know much about Chelsea I am starting to question your overall football knowledge as well now.

Everybody has an opinion, everybody has the right to an opinion but not everyone's opinion is right.

• Advertisement

Well done ManU excellent result just one more result and we might just see Jose back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Is Feruz in squad tomorrow? Strange if he isn't as Torres will be our only striker

I know he is young but I would have given him a run or two by now he does look really good. Would love to see him having a run

Well I have been to Stamford Bridge at least 250 times. I have been there in crowds of over 60,000 and much less then 10,000. My God I have even been to Anfield 4 times so I am we'll capable of slumming it as well.

And when you are spoofing try be a little more subtle, is Nando working has he no so his price is immaterial. Sideshow is at best a direct replacement for Ricky, good player Sideshow is he is still not as good as Ricky (yet he will be though) Ballack was a brilliant player and it was a total cock up by RA to let him go. So not only do you not know much about Chelsea I am starting to question your overall football knowledge as well now.

Everybody has an opinion, everybody has the right to an opinion but not everyone's opinion is right.
    Thanks for admitting its me that's right.
    On going to the bridge it wasn't a competition with you on who went the most.
    It was in reply to how little you claim I know on Chelsea.
    Keep up the hate. It's working obviously

Thanks for admitting its me that's right.
    On going to the bridge it wasn't a competition with you on who went the most.
    It was in reply to how little you claim I know on Chelsea.
    Keep up the hate. It's working obviously

Wrong again I don't do hate, life is far to short to let people of no consequence to me upset me. I do like to enlighten though seems like that may be working.

Why mention you have been to the Bridge many times if you were not trying to start a willy waving exercise, you were just found out bad luck really.

I do like your sense of humour though I don't think I have ever come across anyone who has chosen such an inappropriate name for themselves that's really funny.

• Advertisement

Wrong again I don't do hate, life is far to short to let people of no consequence to me upset me. I do like to enlighten though seems like that may be working.

Why mention you have been to the Bridge many times if you were not trying to start a willy waving exercise, you were just found out bad luck really.

I do like your sense of humour though I don't think I have ever come across anyone who has chosen such an inappropriate name for themselves that's really funny.
    How was I found out by saying I've been to the Bridge a lot?
    I didn't put a figure on it.
    You keep implying you have won or caught me out when you haven't. Saying you have doesn't make it so.
    Then you resort to my username to have a go when it's yourself that has been aggressive in this exchange.
    As explained already that I have been to The Bridge very often is because you claimed I don't know much about Chelsea.
    You don't seem to want to debate in an open forum about the manager of Chelsea and that is a pity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

How was I found out by saying I've been to the Bridge a lot?
    I didn't put a figure on it.
    You keep implying you have won or caught me out when you haven't. Saying you have doesn't make it so.
    Then you resort to my username to have a go when it's yourself that has been aggressive in this exchange.
    As explained already that I have been to The Bridge very often is because you claimed I don't know much about Chelsea.
    You don't seem to want to debate in an open forum about the manager of Chelsea and that is a pity.

Why even mention it at all then how many times you have been to Stamford Bridge it brings nothing to the table.

I find you very aggressive whenever anyone has anything negative to say about our interim. Well you will find most Chelsea supporters will be of that view so you can only be looking for an argument not a discussion.

What point have I not addressed our team was weakened after the double FACT
    RDM won as much in 6 months as our interim did with Liverpool FACT
    I feel titles won 10 years ago are not relevant now, an achievement for him sure but of no relevance now.

I do not rate him at all full stop. You do but all you fall back on is if everyone pulled together it would be better, that is opinion not fact. I pointed out Gus and RDM were caretaker interim whatever you want to call them and managed to steel a response so far our interim has failed miserably. That is a FACT as well. All you seem to fall back on is he was great at Liverpool well I am happy for you he s not great here and has not had any type of success for a good few years now. That is a FACT as well.

So from what I can see I have put forward reasoned fact you have put forward only opinions ( all of which I believe to be wrong) so if you want a debate when do you intend to start.

Why even mention it at all then how many times you have been to Stamford Bridge it brings nothing to the table.

I find you very aggressive whenever anyone has anything negative to say about our interim. Well you will find most Chelsea supporters will be of that view so you can only be looking for an argument not a discussion.

What point have I not addressed our team was weakened after the double FACT
    RDM won as much in 6 months as our interim did with Liverpool FACT
    I feel titles won 10 years ago are not relevant now, an achievement for him sure but of no relevance now.

I do not rate him at all full stop. You do but all you fall back on is if everyone pulled together it would be better, that is opinion not fact. I pointed out Gus and RDM were caretaker interim whatever you want to call them and managed to steel a response so far our interim has failed miserably. That is a FACT as well. All you seem to fall back on is he was great at Liverpool well I am happy for you he s not great here and has not had any type of success for a good few years now. That is a FACT as well.

So from what I can see I have put forward reasoned fact you have put forward only opinions ( all of which I believe to be wrong) so if you want a debate when do you intend to start.
    And you say I'm aggressive

Phoenix wrote: »
    #Back to football related stuff,what team do ye reckon Rafa will play Vs Prague?

I guess he can play a reasonably strong side and hope to get a good result so as we can hold back abut then against the Bee's and the second leg. We have to finish top 4 at this stage don't care about any cup.

To be honest it is difficult to get much enthusiasm for the Europa league or am I alone in that?

I guess he can play a reasonably strong side and hope to get a good result so as we can hold back abut then against the Bee's and the second leg. We have to finish top 4 at this stage don't care about any cup.

To be honest it is difficult to get much enthusiasm for the Europa league or am I alone in that?
    I would imagine most fans like to see silverware

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Beintez should never of taken this job , he was on the high road to no where and didnt have the backing of the fans from the off and some of the players also.

We could be sitting top of the table by 12 points and I still would not want him :eek:

The master tactician has been outflanked by Brentford , QPR , Swansea. Newcastle all teams which were far from there best form when we played them and Brentford miles away from us in the leagues.

He is incapable of making a big change to flip a game around

Does not believe in subs before 70 minutes

Has dropped one of our best players (Mata) on a few occasions and only in one of them times have we actually won the game !!! what ever happened to getting the job done and then making the subs ???

On the subject of subs , some of them in the Reading/Southampton game were baffling , like for likes ,and nothing to hold the game,

I mean Id take John Terry with one leg to hold onto a 1 goal lead and he brings on a striker for a striker :confused::confused::confused:

The rotation policy is the best , if anything it effects a players ability to get a good run of form going , hits their confidence , Oscar has suddenly turned into a poor player under Rafa ,

Ba should be starting every game , if he good enough to do it for Newcastle there should be no problem with him doing it now !

How he is still giving Torres the nod before Ba boils my P!$$ !

I despise him, to me he is like a cancer on the club , he does not belong here and is not wanted

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I would love us to win it ,

Newcastle , Man United , Liverpool , Spurs have all been unable to win this supposed second rate cup in recent times.

Always room for one more in the trophy cabinet IMO .

Beintez should never of taken this job , he was on the high road to no where and didnt have the backing of the fans from the off and some of the players also.

We could be sitting top of the table by 12 points and I still would not want him :eek:

The master tactician has been outflanked by Brentford , QPR , Swansea. Newcastle all teams which were far from there best form when we played them and Brentford miles away from us in the leagues.

He is incapable of making a big change to flip a game around

Does not believe in subs before 70 minutes

Has dropped one of our best players (Mata) on a few occasions and only in one of them times have we actually won the game !!! what ever happened to getting the job done and then making the subs ???

On the subject of subs , some of them in the Reading/Southampton game were baffling , like for likes ,and nothing to hold the game,

I mean Id take John Terry with one leg to hold onto a 1 goal lead and he brings on a striker for a striker :confused::confused::confused:

The rotation policy is the best , if anything it effects a players ability to get a good run of form going , hits their confidence , Oscar has suddenly turned into a poor player under Rafa ,

Ba should be starting every game , if he good enough to do it for Newcastle there should be no problem with him doing it now !

How he is still giving Torres the nod before Ba boils my P!$$ !

I despise him, to me he is like a cancer on the club , he does not belong here and is not wanted

Tut tut dare I mention the master tactician that is big Sam at the Happy Hammers don't want to upset you but you seem to have missed that one. If you were trying to forget humble and contrite apologies for reminding you.

Tut tut dare I mention the master tactician that is big Sam at the Happy Hammers don't want to upset you but you seem to have missed that one. If you were trying to forget humble and contrite apologies for reminding you.

Another gem of a performance from the main man , god I find it hard to watch us with him at the helm, hence my lack of musings lately :mad:

• Advertisement

I would imagine most fans like to see silverware

Shortsighted cups are nice, indeed very nice. For the team to progress top 4 is critical, given a choice top 4 over any cup. You might notice many of the top teams put weakened sides out in the (perceived) lesser cups my guess is for that very reason.

If we were where we should be then we could give both cups a rattle but we are too tight in the league and Arsenal are well capable of putting a decent run together.

Another gem of a performance from the main man , god I find it hard to watch us with him at the helm, hence my lack of musings lately :mad:

God I feel your pain I really do. You could also throw the world club final into the mix. OK bit Mickey Mouse I agree but would have been great to win it, but if we were still there now we wouldn't have scored. God knows when we will get a chance to win it again.

Shortsighted cups are nice, indeed very nice. For the team to progress top 4 is critical, given a choice top 4 over any cup. You might notice many of the top teams put weakened sides out in the (perceived) lesser cups my guess is for that very reason.

If we were where we should be then we could give both cups a rattle but we are too tight in the league and Arsenal are well capable of putting a decent run together.
    Top 4 is critical except for RDM

Rafa played particularly bad in that game

Top 4 is critical except for RDM

Meaning?

You seem to have problems understanding so answer these questions and you will be a better and brighter person.

Top 4 is critical why?

Which European competition did RDM qualify Chelsea for this season?

For someone who claims to like debate you show no ability to do so at all.

Rafa played particularly bad in that game

Yes his management performance was desperately poor that day, tactically blown away by big Sam.

You are confused again my friend amiable our interim is the manager he is not an interim player manager therefore he does not actually play in the games. It is only a small point but once you understand a manager does not play it becomes a little less confusing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Comes into the Chelsea thread looking to see news on the mighty blues but.....

24839846.jpg

Yes his management performance was desperately poor that day, tactically blown away by big Sam.

You are confused again my friend amiable our interim is the manager he is not an interim player manager therefore he does not actually play in the games. It is only a small point but once you understand a manager does not play it becomes a little less confusing.
    Sarcasm detector seems broken perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Comes into the Chelsea thread looking to see news on the mighty blues but.....
    24839846.jpg

I know man, It's awful sad!:pac:

Barca in for Luiz is about the only thing I've seen today in the Daily Mail, it's not really "news" though I guess.

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »
    I know man, It's awful sad!:pac:

Barca in for Luiz is about the only thing I've seen today in the Daily Mail, it's not really "news" though I guess.

Luiz will become a great player with time / maturity, we should keep him but then again we do seem to be a team for not holding onto potentials!

BTW anyone know if our game is on the wellywision tomorrow night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Luiz will become a great player with time / maturity, we should keep him but then again we do seem to be a team for not holding onto potentials!

BTW anyone know if our game is on the wellywision tomorrow night?

Yeah I'd prefer to hold on to him aswel.
    It won't be on Canadian tv I know that much.:mad:
    But it shall be watched online while at work...:eek:
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

It's on ESPN

DazMarz wrote: »
    It's on ESPN

Noice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

anyone know if this will be blocked out? Seems setanta and 3e only have the rights for the europa in Ireland and ESPN was blocked...

it was discussed in this thread

anyone know if this will be blocked out? Seems setanta and 3e only have the rights for the europa in Ireland and ESPN was blocked...

it was discussed in this thread

Is that for all games or just games that their rival channel is showing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hoping for a comfortable win with no injuries but that could be wishful thinking. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

DazMarz wrote: »
    It's on ESPN

And dont forget 6PM

Panthro wrote: »

Ah that story was running last summer as well, seems to be how Barca work put out stories they are interested hope the player becomes unsettled and then get him at a relative knock down price.

He has lots of Brazilian mates with him at Chelsea so hopefully he is happy and Barca can take a hike, I can see him being Chelsea captain in the not too distant future.

So best stabs at tonights team, as I mentioned to Phoenix earlier on I guess he can play a strong side in this one as we only have the Bee's coming up at the weekend.

To be honest it is difficult to get much enthusiasm for the Europa league?

As for the bitching can only apologise for boring those civil among you but I am sick of Liverpool supporters telling us how great our interim is and so just decided to have a bit of fun at his expense.

Another young player bought for our loan side

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/chelsea-deal-for-south-american-confirmed-after-delay

terrible reading in the report about the bus crash though

• Advertisement

Only 19 travelled? :confused:
    Benítez omitted Mikel John Obi and Victor Moses from his 19-man travelling party, in light of their exertions during Nigeria's triumphant Africa Cup of Nations campaign while Demba Ba is cup-tied, David Luiz suspended and Oriol Romeu injured. The squad arrived to snow in Prague and sub-zero temperatures are forecast for the tie, which kicks off at 7pm CET.

Probable teams:

Sparta Prague (4-2-3-1): Vaclik; Zapotocny, Holek, Svejdik, Pamic; Husbauer, Vacha; Kadlec, Matejovsky, Krejci; Lafata. Subs: M Cech, Vidlicka, Balaj, Kweuke, Bednar, Polom, Kucera.

Chelsea (4-2-3-1): Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole; Ramires, Lampard; Oscar, Mata, Hazard; Torres. Subs from Turnbull, Hilario, Azpilicueta, Ferreira, Bertrand, Marin, Benayoun, Ake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Another young player bought for our loan side

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/chelsea-deal-for-south-american-confirmed-after-delay

terrible reading in the report about the bus crash though

Just thinking, with all the players we already have on loan, you could build a fairly decent side! Don't know a huge amount about some of these players so feel free to improve on it

Courtois
    Omeruo--Hutchinson--Bruma--Aanholt
    Kakuta--Essien--McEachran--De Bruyne
    Lukaku--Piazon----

The main ones out on loan are Courtois, Josh Mac, Piazon, De Bruyne and Lukaku.

With those 5 we could improve our current squad without spending stupid money in the summer.

Courtois - Turnbull/Hilario
    Josh Mac - Essien
    Piazon - Yossi
    De Bruyne - Malouda/Marin
    Lukaku - Add to the CF options

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The main ones out on loan are Courtois, Josh Mac, Piazon, De Bruyne and Lukaku.

With those 5 we could improve our current squad without spending stupid money in the summer.

Courtois - Turnbull/Hilario
    Josh Mac - Essien
    Piazon - Yossi
    De Bruyne - Malouda/Marin
    Lukaku - Add to the CF options

I would add Kalas to that list he is getting excellent reviews in the Netherlands, is 20 this year and we are not blessed with CB/RB options even less so if Luiz plays CM.

I hope Marin is not sold in the summer I would like to see him loaned back to a half decent German team where he will get good game time say Nuremberg or some such (have to admit a soft spot for Nuremberg as well not the best ground in Germany but nice very friendly and a lovely town as well).

He really has not had the best of it because of injury I think, it would be lovely to just give him a chance before casting him aside. He was rated better than Ozil once upon a time not too long ago and ozil is non too shabby.

Kalas at this point has more chance of making it then Hutchinson IMO.

If Hutchinson didnt have those injuries he'd be pushing for a RB spot I reckon.

Yea Sam was looking quite good for a while, had a lovely cross on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

I think Kalas could make our squad if he keeps progressing the way he is. Id be happy for him to return from loan and play with us next season in a few games. Hutch could well stay with us if he keeps injury free and would be used as a fring player if all goes well for the lad.

Chalobha should be next in line after Kalas. PVA also a very good young defender. I would like to see him get a loan spell with a PL club next season while we still have Cole and Bertrand.

We have to hold on to Courtios for god sake forget Falcao and go for the next Falcao.
    We will send a ton of cash to Madrid for falcao with Courtios.
    Falcao will be a masive flop and we will struggle to sign a quality keep for years while Courtios becomes a mega star sold on by Atletico to Barca for 30m!!

Any young players we have hops for making the first team should be getting a run out in the Europa League IMO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Unfortunately match is not available in roi on espn, is it on another channel?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement