Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Phoenix wrote: »
    Setanta Ireland and I amended the thread title to reflect this :)

Bo**cks. :(

Off down the stream route I go. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

There goes the romantic valentines dinner :)
    Setanta Ireland and I amended the thread title to reflect this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Will be lucky to see much of the second half by the time I get home from work.

Bullpost your a braver man than me ..... now if it were the champions league .........

On second thoughts it might be a few extended absences from the dinner table ;)

Bullpost your a braver man than me ..... now if it were the champions league .........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Balls to that you bunch of pansies, i wear the trousers in my relationship and i tell her she aint gettin her foot massage untill after the match!

Eeeeeewwwww, feet. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

If only mine drank much, can be dead handy dont get me wrong getting home from the pub but has it's drawbacks as well ah well what can you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

Just thinking, with all the players we already have on loan, you could build a fairly decent side! Don't know a huge amount about some of these players so feel free to improve on it

Courtois
    Omeruo--Hutchinson--Bruma--Aanholt
    Kakuta--Essien--McEachran--De Bruyne
    Lukaku--Piazon----

I would love to see some of these players get a chance next year, maybe loan Bertrand out to another prem team and have Annholt as back up. Really the likes of Bruma, kakuta, Aanholt and maybe de Bruyne have to be included in first team squad next season or sold on can't keep loaning them out and then let them go for free

• Advertisement

If Thorgan Hazard can continue his development on loan he has the potenital to turn into a very tidy player as well.

Edit : Video of Thorgan's latest exploits here.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/chelseas-thorgan-hazard-edens-brother-scores-golazo-for-zulte-waregem/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

David Luiz has a new girlfriend

article-2278619-179427AF000005DC-863_634x601.jpg

My love: David Luiz posted this picture of a football which he claimed was his girlfriend

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2278619/Valentines-Day-David-Luiz-home-girlfriend.html#ixzz2Kt7ItUqe
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Breaking News: Chelsea targets participate in Illegal activity

Tiote arrested for fraud, M'Vila allegedly involved with an underaged prostitute

This goal by De Bruyne is non too shabby neither

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M-scoB8380

Luiz....always a head banger. :pac:

Was M'Vila caught up in the same scandal as Ribery and Benzema or is a new under age brasser scandal?

This guy is getting beyond a joke at this stage;

http://www.clubcall.com/chelsea/rafa-backs-misfiring-torres-1546774.html?

Rafa Benitez has again jumped to the defence of Chelsea striker Fernando Torres after he drew another blank against Sparta Prague.

Chelsea won the game 1-0 thanks to a late strike from Oscar but they missed a whole host of chances, with most of them falling to the misfiring Spaniard who has only grabbed one goal in the last 13 games.
    Torres missed a great chance in the first half after Juan Mata put it on a plate for him and was guilty of another bad miss in the second half when his sliced shot went out for a throw in.
    Despite the display, Benitez defended his fellow countryman and pointed to his work-rate throughout the game.
    "We have to create more opportunities and the strikers will score more goals," Benitez said. "His work rate was really good and thanks to him the rest of the team, especially the second line of offensive players, they could create.
    "His job was to push and run and keep their defenders deep so he could create space for the other players. Everybody expects from a striker just to score goals, but he's doing also a great job for the team."

The bold line is so annoying, if that was his job he did it desperately. But the thing is he is a ST£50m striker his job is to score goals. He then, in a backhanded way, blames the rest of the team saying we have to create more chances. Well when you play an entire 90 minutes with only 10 men it is difficult to create as much as you want.

• Advertisement

Agree Grumpy, last night was the first game i ever watched us play were i actually wanted to turn over the channel!!

What a wreched horrible match to watch, although Rafa is a Genius because he brough on Oscar..............

This summer Rafa, Torres, Malouda, Ferraira, Hilario, Essien, Marin, Yossi, Turnbull all have to go, you could even add one or two more players to that mix. These players have nothing ot offer us any more and need to be replaced.

Flying a kite or some substance?

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1341120?&cc=5739

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

what a day wrote: »

This summer Rafa, Torres, Malouda, Ferraira, Hilario, Essien, Marin, Yossi, Turnbull all have to go, you could even add one or two more players to that mix. These players have nothing ot offer us any more and need to be replaced.

I'm not really getting the Marin hate around here (I wouldn't lump him in with this lot anyway)? Sure he hasn't lived up to expectations but tbf he's hardly had any game time and he does show glimpses of potential... I'd say it was close between him and Mata for the best player for us last night.

I Do like Marin but he is not good enough for us this season, Yossi mark too i reckon. Move him on and give DeBruyne a go instead.

Id even use Marin as a make weight to get Shurrle who can also play on the left wing.

• Advertisement

I dont know poor ols Marin not been with us long I would love to give him a chance. I dont think we have much to lose by sending off to a German side for a year see if he can get his confidence and fitness back. Last night he was not the worst player on the pitch but he really has not had game time to show if he is up to our standard or not.

His reputation before coming to us was red hot nowt to lose by bringing De Bruyne back and letting Marin out on loan in his place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Bearing in mind that we're not fighting for the title and have more than enough quality to secure 2nd or 3rd, I'd like to see Marin get a run of games in the first team. He's had a handful of appearances recently and most people agree that he's showing glimpses of the reasons we bought him.

The problem with loaning players out is that it can bring a player up to speed with the Premiership - no one would disagree I think that Lukaku's time at WBA hasn't been beneficial - but you're still left with the problem of integrating them back into the Chelsea team. I'd rather see Marin play himself back into fitness in a Chelsea shirt than in another team's. If he begins to get anything like his old form back, he could be a major player for us.

I love your optimism Duck Soup, we have enough quality to finish 2nd or 3rd but we are playing so badly and so erratically at times I will be delighted to finish 3rd and happy with 4th.

My confidence has just eroded totally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Yeah the problem with loaning him back to Germany is that he's not getting any prem time... If he was 18/19 you'd say give him to a prem team but I'd rather see him fight with De Bruyne, Oscar and Moses for the third spot of our 3 creative players I think and the just give all cup and some European games to those guys too... But typing that has made me realise just how many players we have in that position!

What would people make of Oscar dropping deeper like he does for Brazil sometimes? If he was beside Mikel or a disciplined Luiz maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Yeah the problem with loaning him back to Germany is that he's not getting any prem time... If he was 18/19 you'd say give him to a prem team but I'd rather see him fight with De Bruyne, Oscar and Moses for the third spot of our 3 creative players I think and the just give all cup and some European games to those guys too... But typing that has made me realise just how many players we have in that position!

What would people make of Oscar dropping deeper like he does for Brazil sometimes? If he was beside Mikel or a disciplined Luiz maybe?

He will probably end up as a number 8 later in his career. I've seen most of his caps for Brazil, the thing is that the vast majority of the time he doesn't start from a deep position, he plays the number 10 role he simply has the freedom to drift backwards and link up play from there (something he is very good at) but playing him in a disciplined role takes away from the freedom of that, it makes him easier to mark in that area of the pitch and it obviously then significantly reduces his attacking threat. imo he could be one of the best number 10's on the planet, no point in wasting that.

I agree with Anderson regarding Oscar. Oscars best position is a creative midifielder. Dont forget its his forst season with us and at such a tender age its a massive step for him and id class his first season with us as a massive sucsess.

Having said all thet he would be very capable of playing a deeper role but id prefere us use a more rugged midfielder play along side a solid out and out defensive midifielder like Mikel.
    Id rather a player like Fellaini Luiz or Vidal player to play along side Mikel.

Our main problem is our managment. RDM was getting the best from Oscar when we first signed him but he is a bit part player under Rafa. Introducing Yossi and Torres before a class player like Oscar.

Drogger scores on debut for Galatasaray now Nando that's a striker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Under 18s 3 nil up in the FA Youth Cup. Baker with the first, Kiwomya with the others so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Drogger scores on debut for Galatasaray now Nando that's a striker

Comes on as a sub and scores after 4 minutes! 2 minutes later gets an assist. Legend.
    dooferoaks wrote: »
    Under 18s 3 nil up in the FA Youth Cup. Baker with the first, Kiwomya with the others so far.

What an impressive record we have in the Youth Cup in recent times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

What a header. Doesn't look right him celebrating in anything other than blue. :(

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »

What an impressive record we have in the Youth Cup in recent times.

All over, finished 3 nil, Derby or Man City next round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

From teamtalk.com

Agent: Chelsea eyed Pellegrini

Manuel Pellegrini: Subject of contact from intermediary representing Chelsea
    £10 completely free bet

Manuel Pellegrini's agent claims an intermediary representing Chelsea has sounded him out about the availability of the Malaga coach.

Jesus Martinez also told a Chilean newspaper that Pellegrini would love to manage in the Barclays Premier League one day and will make a decision about his future in the coming months.

Chilean Pellegrini, who has a contract with Malaga until June 2015, has been a huge success at the Spanish club since taking charge two years ago.

The 59-year-old led them to a fourth-placed finish last season and this term has guided them through to the last 16 of their maiden Champions League campaign as well as keeping them near the top of the Primera Division.

That has not gone unnoticed across Europe and, according to Martinez, Roma were recently in contact following the sacking of Zdenek Zeman.

Martinez also said other clubs had been in touch about the former Real Madrid and Villarreal boss, including Chelsea, whose interim manager Rafael Benitez's contract runs out at the end of the season.

Chelsea have been linked with Pellegrini in the past but the club have not publicly acknowledged an interest, and Martinez stressed he has not received an official approach from the Blues.

Martinez said in Chilean newspaper El Mercurio: "Manuel has a contract with Malaga. I think that in April and May we will be clear about what will happen with his future.

"Our first intention is to respect our commitment, but it also depends on what the conditions are.

"We had a formal offer from Roma, but we rejected it. It was less than 15 days ago, but we discarded it outright because we are in the middle of the season.

"Chelsea and other clubs have asked, but only through intermediaries, nothing official. Manuel would love to coach in the English Premier League, as he would in Germany, Italy and other important leagues.

"There's plenty of time to analyse what we will do next season."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I was reading about Pellegrini earlier today. He is my favourite manager and I think he would do great job at Chelsea. If they get him I think they will be challenging for the league title again. He just has a way about him and everybody buys into his football philosophy.

He gets the best out of players too and even turns careers around. Roque Santa Cruz has played his best football since 2008 with them this season and Joaquin has been back to his very best this year too. He is just such an impressive manager. I'd love to see him in the Premier League.

Just thinking about how he lost the job at Real after they accumulated 92 points but lost the league. I think he was very unfortunate to not get a second season there.

@ChelseaStats: Sense at last RT @CarloFan: Courtois says Chelsea have told him: "'The last thing we want to do is sell you'.

That is a very good tweet lets hope it is true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

And in other news:

"Chelsea have no plans to name former boss Jose Mourinho, 50, as replacement for interim manager Rafael Benitez, and have instead targeted Juventus's Antonio Conte, 43."

Although the headline when you get there does read "No way Jose! Chelsea set to ignore Mourinho after approaching Antonio Conte AND Manuel Pellegrini to be next boss."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-owner-set-ignore-jose-1712568

Duck Soup wrote: »
    And in other news:

"Chelsea have no plans to name former boss Jose Mourinho, 50, as replacement for interim manager Rafael Benitez, and have instead targeted Juventus's Antonio Conte, 43."

Although the headline when you get there does read "No way Jose! Chelsea set to ignore Mourinho after approaching Antonio Conte AND Manuel Pellegrini to be next boss."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-owner-set-ignore-jose-1712568

1/ its the mirror
    2/ chelsea will probably have a shortlist they are sounding out if the first choice (whoever that is) says no

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

So Yossi Benayoun has been doing a bit of thinking, asking himself "how can I make myself even more unpopular with the Chelsea fans?" The solution, say that it is the club's fault that Torres has failed. Well done Yossi, you've done it again.

Cup game with Brentford is on UTV tomorrow morning.

• Advertisement

I dont think he will.
    PSG is most likely destination. I dont understand us being linked with managers like David Moyes. I think he is a fine manager but can't see Roman who has pined for Pep , going for him. And why any up and coming manager would come after the way we treated AVB and RDM is beyond me, except of course for the cash ;)
    Would Jose come back to us?I dont think Roman will ever eat humble pie and look for him back it saddens me to say,what about the other managers we have been linked to?are they proven?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Should be making it 3 wins on the bounce tomorrow

We should hire 3 manager's, and send the useful ones out on loan, tis the Chelsea way

Not such a bad idea - anything is better than current approach :)
    We should hire 3 manager's, and send the useful ones out on loan, tis the Chelsea way

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

For all our managerial issues this still gives me solace

241332.png

http://www.sincearsenallastwonatrophy.co.uk/

bullpost wrote: »
    I dont think he will.
    PSG is most likely destination. I dont understand us being linked with managers like David Moyes. I think he is a fine manager but can't see Roman who has pined for Pep , going for him. And why any up and coming manager would come after the way we treated AVB and RDM is beyond me, except of course for the cash ;)

I think we would be attractive to up and coming managers such as Mazzarri or Simeone can't really see Conte leaving Juve. It is the top flight manager I believe we are no longer attractive to. We have a penance to serve before we get top ranking managers again.

• Advertisement

Piazon gets assist in his first start for Malaga, can play that lad shame we don't give young lads a chance

@WAGNH_CFC: Here's that Piazon assist: http://t.co/u4LWcgVv. Very nicely done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

team for 2mrw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

For all our managerial issues this still gives me solace

241332.png

http://www.sincearsenallastwonatrophy.co.uk/

Shame AW wasn't given the same sort of dosh your managers have been in recent years to keep and recruit the best. Wonder how many titles you would have won if he had been

greendom wrote: »

Shame AW wasn't given the same sort of dosh your managers have been in recent years to keep and recruit the best. Wonder how many titles you would have won if he had been

Who knows, Swansea and Bradford have feck all money in comparison yet one of them will still have one more trophy within the last 8 years than AW has managed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

greendom wrote: »

Same was said about Rafa , look how thats going :mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement