Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Who knows, Swansea and Bradford have feck all money in comparison yet one of them will still have one more trophy within the last 8 years than AW has managed.

Really have no interest in the League Cup tbh. Still it would have been nice to have won it 2 years ago just to put an end to the x years thing. And it doesn't change the fact that Chelsea would have won much much less without RA taking over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

I'll be in the west stand tomorrow , come on blues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

JT capt

Cech Ivan Cahill JT Cole Luiz Lamps Osc Mata Moses Ba

Marin and Mikel have knocks apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Pleased with that 11, hoping Terry has a good game and hopefully Ba doesn't show any ill effects from the Newcastle game injury!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

:(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Uninspiring once again... Can only hope Brentford tire in the second half and we capitalise there...

Hoping will Roman will sub Rafa for Grant soon

yeah, route 1 football, we DO have a plan B

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Par of the course here from Rafas blues ,

Absolutely painful to watch

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Well played Hazard , Nice finish Oscar,

Strange bounce on the ball as it landed..........

It didnt and slipped under the goalkeepers hands

Mata on Fire , picks out an absolute peach of a pass for Lampard to stroke/volley it home

What is the point in bring Yossi on ??? Have we no youth on the bench , 3 up and cruising, even bring on the 50 million man , get him a goal for some "confidence"

Brilliant play from Oscar after a short corner and whips a ball into the back post and Terry gets on the end of it 4-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Obviously pleased with the result and a decent second half performance but seriously, it's a replay against Brentford, where the f*** are the young players getting some experience?! Benayoun Bertrand and Hazard are not players who are going to improve with minutes, give the kids a chance ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Torres on pitch we don't score first goal Ba Mata and Oscar done well. Oscar in the middle is a class player the guy has some engine.

Enough now don't want my second team embarrassed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Great Oscar performance, he's in terrific form right now and is clearly a very special player. Mata proved a vital player again, Moses also did well as did the back four.

Poor first half, very good second half. All in all we are through and that's what matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

It's really starting to hit me, and maybe a few people will jump on me, but, if Torres had a display the same as Ba today in a 4 nothing victory over Brentford we'd here how he was crocked/ handicapping the team/ 10 v 11, etc,
    Ba didnt really contribute much apart from the first assist and Torres has his share of assists,
    I'm not for a moment doubting Ba as a player, but the team doesn't appear to be set for any lone striker, be it Torres, Ba, Van Persie or whoever you would care to put up top!

I'm not sure Torres is as 'bad' as he's been made out, our style of play just doesn't seem to suit him, and Ba's performances when he's started have reinforced my belief of that.
    All IMO of course.

• Advertisement

Killinator wrote: »
    It's really starting to hit me, and maybe a few people will jump on me, but, if Torres had a display the same as Ba today in a 4 nothing victory over Brentford we'd here how he was crocked/ handicapping the team/ 10 v 11, etc,
    Ba didnt really contribute much apart from the first assist and Torres has his share of assists,
    I'm not for a moment doubting Ba as a player, but the team doesn't appear to be set for any lone striker, be it Torres, Ba, Van Persie or whoever you would care to put up top!

I'm not sure Torres is as 'bad' as he's been made out, our style of play just doesn't seem to suit him, and Ba's performances when he's started have reinforced my belief of that.
    All IMO of course.

I thought Ba had an excellent game difference between him and Nando is he leads the line. Ok only the Bee's but he was a real handful great example in first half where he was pushing to get on the end of a cross then hops up TP put pressure on the keeper

I thought Ba had an excellent game difference between him and Nando is he leads the line. Ok only the Bee's but he was a real handful great example in first half where he was pushing to get on the end of a cross then hops up TP put pressure on the keeper
    Maybe but the constant thrown out about Nando is that strikers are there to score, and I don't remember much from Ba regarding attempts on goal.
    We've all seen a few games where Nando has chased down lost causes or made runs or space but in the end if he slices a couple of efforts its the same old story,Torres has been frustrating but I personally didnt see enough from Ba either (while playing in blue)to lead me to believe our goal problems have been solved, which has me thinking that it doesn't matter who's up front, we always seem to be a man down.

Maybe but the constant thrown out about Nando is that strikers are there to score, and I don't remember much from Ba regarding attempts on goal.
    We've all seen a few games where Nando has chased down lost causes or made runs or space but in the end if he slices a couple of efforts its the same old story,Torres has been frustrating but I personally didnt see enough from Ba either (while playing in blue)to lead me to believe our goal problems have been solved, which has me thinking that it doesn't matter who's up front, we always seem to be a man down.

Will have to agree to disagree I am afraid. The performance Ba put in today v Nando on Thursday I just think is chalk and cheese we have been better in every game Ba has played in.

I don't agree to that:)

To me it just looked same old same old, desperately trying to get through the middle (one of the few decent crosses saw JT nod one in), only seemed to enjoy some decent play when we scored the first, which took alot longer than it should have.

Still a win is a win is a win, thats a whopping 3 on the trot now!

PS: was very disappointed to see yossi, hazard and Bertie run out, if a home game against Brentford doesn't see any youth get some minutes then I would despair for any kind of upcoming kids in the academy!

I don't agree to that:)

To me it just looked same old same old, desperately trying to get through the middle (one of the few decent crosses saw JT nod one in), only seemed to enjoy some decent play when we scored the first, which took alot longer than it should have.

Still a win is a win is a win, thats a whopping 3 on the trot now!

PS: was very disappointed to see yossi, hazard and Bertie run out, if a home game against Brentford doesn't see any youth get some minutes then I would despair for any kind of upcoming kids in the academy!

There is absolutely no disagreement for the last paragraph. However seen as our interim did not ave any on the bench he couldn't must be difficult being a talented young player at Chelsea.

That though is more RA's fault for me, no manager gets long enough to feel confident of blooding young players.

If we beat 'Boro away to ManU or Reading in quarters

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

If we beat 'Boro away to ManU or Reading in quarters

Terrible draw isn't it. Away every round this season. Tin Foil hat on, its a conspiracy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

In fairness we've had our share of luck with FA cup draws in recent years.

Anyway sure isn't that a chance for our interim to shine and play to his strength i.e the one-off against a big name opponent ;)
    dooferoaks wrote: »
    Terrible draw isn't it. Away every round this season. Tin Foil hat on, its a conspiracy.

The management at Chelsea sink to new lows they should be ashamed of themselves

@BluesChronicle: Team, RDM, European Cup on Stamford Bridge wall as was http://t.co/VXk7V8JX Team, Cup still there; no Robbie now http://t.co/BP6Xje3I

@BlueTinted_LB: Saw @BluesChronicle noted airbrushing of RDM from the wall fresco. He's also been cut out of all video footage of CL win on big screen.

We really are run by despicable people

Might be a Russian thing. Stalin was into it as well.
    The management at Chelsea sink to new lows they should be ashamed of themselves

@BluesChronicle: Team, RDM, European Cup on Stamford Bridge wall as was http://t.co/VXk7V8JX Team, Cup still there; no Robbie now http://t.co/BP6Xje3I

@BlueTinted_LB: Saw @BluesChronicle noted airbrushing of RDM from the wall fresco. He's also been cut out of all video footage of CL win on big screen.

We really are run by despicable people

Could be Bullpost what next Ted Drake didn't exist nor perhaps Dave Sexton

• Advertisement

Well there are those who claim we have no history - if this takes root it may end up being true ;)
    Could be Bullpost what next Ted Drake didn't exist nor perhaps Dave Sexton

bullpost wrote: »
    Might be a Russian thing. Stalin was into it as well.

Stalin was a Georgian.

/nerdy love of all things USSR

There trying to quell the RDM chanting on the 16th minute , stupid decision who ever was behind it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Well no matter what they do they can never change the fact that robbie was the one that won the first champions league for us and they can never erase the images from my mind of robbie on that night! I don't think I've ever seen it matter so much to any manager to win a trophy than it did to robbie what I wouldn't do to have him back now.

Phoenix wrote: »
    How will that work?

By saying Boo-urns?

I see the usual media witch hunt for us again, over Luiz's tackle.
    ITV just showed it 6 times at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

TBF, that shoulder by Luiz was completly unnecessary.

The game wasnt even played in that spirit over the 180 minutes.

What will save him as the ref booked him for it so the FA cant take further action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

With the goal yesterday, how far off the record is Lampard now?

maximoose wrote: »
    With the goal yesterday, how far off the record is Lampard now?

He's on 199.

3 to tie,
    4 to beat it.

He has 13 for the season now at this stage.

• Advertisement

When's the M'Boro 5th round game being played?

5th round game away to 'Boro is on Wednesday 27th Feb 7:45pm K/O.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

United away aaahhhh...

That will be HUGE for us...

Although we need to get there first I know! As do United..

The FA cup has been very good to us in the last decade, it would be nice to defend the cup but if we do manage it, a possible away trip to Old Trafford is a huge task.

Apart from Drogbas offside goal there about 3 years ago I think we've lost the last 3 or 4 games there, few in the league and one UCL game in contrast, Utd have beat us at The Bridge and taken draws from us there too.

David Luiz :''Barca is like a girlfriend! They want me 3rd time, but I refuse" #

Isnt that tapping up?

David Luiz :''Barca is like a girlfriend! They want me 3rd time, but I refuse" #

Isnt that tapping up?

Doubt it, I'm sure he'd be aware of the reports liking him with Barca and hes commenting accordingly.

Although I can only think of 2 times Barca were meant to be interested in him since hes been with us, were they after him when he was at Benfica too??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Tapping up is only illegal domestically. Teams are free to talk to players without their clubs consent if they are in different leagues as UEFA have no regulations on it

Phoenix wrote: »
    How will that work?

Out of sight , out of mind

JT has his say on Lamps and Rafa.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/193797.html

"He has got so much more to give and he is an inspiration to everyone at the club," Terry said, in comments appearing across a host of British newspapers. "Still, at his age, he is the best trainer by a million miles. He works so hard.

"Kids can look at his goals and think 'he is just in the right position' but believe me, it is a lot of hard work before and after training. You can see he has always been very fit naturally, and that's despite the hard work he puts in before and after training.
    "We all hope he's here (next season) but if not, he has certainly got years ahead of him. Although I don't even want to think about that (Lampard playing for another club). I am not even going to entertain that idea."

Terry has claimed the Chelsea supporters have every right to pass a judgement on interim manager Benitez, even if the negative response he gets from the Stamford Bridge faithful is not helping the atmosphere for home matches.

"They pay their money, so they are entitled to echo their thoughts," added Terry. "All we can do is concentrate on our jobs and that is winning games. If we can do that, it completely takes that pressure away.
    "If you are losing games, the pressure is on the manager. He has to take responsibility because he picks the team. So if we are not getting results, naturally it falls on his head unfortunately.
    "Let's concentrate on the positive side. We are in the hat for the next round of the FA Cup and when we do play well, we deserve to have credit and respect. When we get knocked out of competitions, we will take it on the chin like men. When we are winning, just ease off a little bit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Has Azpilicueta lost his place now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement