Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hopefully not, I'd rather him at RB then Ivanovic.

In saying that Ivanovic and Cahill should be both fighting to partner JT at the back but both Ivan and Cahill have been shakey the last few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Has Azpilicueta lost his place now

Rafa rotation!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Bloody rotation ,

I dont think there is a player in the game who likes to be rested , its a stupid policy and stunts form and confidence .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I think Messi has played in nearly every game Barca have played this year, rotation is a crock so far as I am concerned. Players at least in the premier leagues throughout Europe play on near perfect pitches all year, compare them to the mud baths players played on in the winter years ago. I agree with you pistol absolute gibberish.

Speaking of absolute gibberish I see our interim continues to be deluded

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/436834/20130219/chelsea-liverpool-rafa-benitez-manager-stamford-bridge.htm?

If that was the case how did Chelsea supporters ever take to Glenn Hoddle when he took over after all he played of all teams for Spurs and from memory when ever they played us back then they normally won. So on top of everything else we dislike him because we are sore losers.

Deluded stupid or both it is so hard to tell.

If ya go into the Doping thread then its because Messi and Barcelona are doping is how he plays at such a high level for 70+ games a season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Lamps now responsible for goal line tech in Brazil, is there nothing he can't do:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

nice to see courtois coming out and saying he wants to be the chelsea no.1 in 2 years
    from the metro

Belgian keeper Thibaut Courtois insists Chelsea are not planning to use him as a bargaining chip for Radamel Falcao, and even claims he has been lined up to replace Petr Cech in two years’ time.

Courtois signed for the Blues from Genk in 2011 but was immediately sent out on loan to gain first-team experience at Atletico Madrid, with Cech continuing to occupy the no.1 spot at Stamford Bridge.

It’s since been suggested that Chelsea may be willing to sacrifice the 20-year-old shot-stopper in order to land Falcao from Atletico in the summer, but Courtois insists this couldn’t be further from the truth.

‘A lot of things the press say are nonsense. They are guessing,’ he said.

‘They know Chelsea want Falcao but Chelsea have told me, “The last thing we want to do is sell you”. Maybe they are lying to me but I don’t think so.

It was strange joining Chelsea but when I signed for them I knew I would be loaned out to a team. They had a five-year plan for me.

‘I only went to Chelsea to take my medical. I then went straight to Atletico and had a good year so I preferred to stay for another year.’

Courtois has drawn rave reviews during his time in La Liga, and claims it won’t be long before he’s given the chance to displace Cech, 30, at Chelsea.

‘Cech is one of the best goalkeepers in the world, and I think I am an up and coming young talent with the quality maybe also to play for Chelsea,’ he is quoted by the Evening Standard.

‘They will continue with Cech for two more years, I believe.

‘The problem is I think that Chelsea didn’t expect me to be at this level this soon. I’ve developed really quickly. It’s a very good situation for Chelsea.’

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Goes against the grain, but lump on The Boro for the FA CUP game!

The BBC has leaked the result :eek:

OB4dGO0.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

GavRedKing wrote: »
    He has to take responsibility because he picks the team.

Is that a direct quote by any chance? If it is, it seems an extraordinary thing to say about your manager..

Bayern fans were singing 'Ashley Cole's won the European cup..!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Rafa speaks of his love for Real Madrid.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/19/rafael-benitez-real-madrid-chelsea

What could be simpler and easier than a straight swap of managers? Just sayin' Roman, just sayin'.

dfx- wrote: »
    Is that a direct quote by any chance? If it is, it seems an extraordinary thing to say about your manager..

It appears to be. I agree, he didnt oull any punches and the recent reports that some players dont like Rafa seem to be correct to a degree.

They dont realy have to like him as long as they professionally respect him and they do their jobs, but this is Chelsea we're talking about here, its never that simple. :pac:

Interesting little piece on JT's contract, which is up next year.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9881372/John-Terry-should-be-concerned-for-his-own-Chelsea-future-as-much-as-Frank-Lampards.html

Whoever is in charge next year will have a task of trying to convince JT that signing a 1yr deal is the best for him, now the club could bend and offer a 2,3 year extension but I cant see that happening at his current wages, a reported 175K Stg a week.

I cant see JT being offered another contract, by and large Ash keeps his head down (well regarding football matters at the Bridge at least leaving aside his private life, which is exactly that private, and the odd gun incident) and got a deserved 1 year extension. It does seem likely that JT, Drogba, Kalou, Lamps and Malouda have been tarred with the same brush though, not saying it is right but it seems to be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3082465/title/the-sun-apologises-to-chelsea

THE SUN APOLOGISES TO CHELSEA

Posted on: Wed 20 Feb 2013
    The Sun today (Wednesday) printed the following apology:

'JOHN TERRY AND RAFA BENITEZ

An article in the Sun on Sunday on 17 "War: JT and Rafa in angry bust-up" carried a story about an alleged dressing room row between John Terry and Chelsea manager Rafa Benitez following the team's 3-2 defeat at Newcastle.

The article alleged that there was an "angry bust up" between the pair which left their relationship at "breaking point". We now accept that no such row took place. We are happy to set the record straight and apologise for any embarrassment caused.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

2-0

Team I'd start with with City in mind :

Cech
    Dave Ivan Cahill Bertie
    Lamps Mikel
    Ramires Oscar Marin
    Torres

Team I'd like to see against City if all fit :

Cech
    Dave Cahill JT Cole
    Ramires Luiz
    Moses Mata Hazard
    Ba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

amiable wrote: »

What a surprise. The rag passing off complete lies as fact, and then coming back later to say they are setting the record straight by saying the original story was not as reported.

A vile paper that makes it's money out of the idiots that swallow the garbage it prints on a daily basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Kess73 wrote: »
    What a surprise. The rag passing off complete lies as fact, and then coming back later to say they are setting the record straight by saying the original story was not as reported.

A vile paper that makes it's money out of the idiots that swallow the garbage it prints on a daily basis.

It was probably only a tiny little apology in a little section of the paper. I bet the original headline took over the whole back page

Would ye expect anything else from that shower though?

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story, The S*n have been at it for decades and it will never change, all rags are absolute tripe, filled with sh*te but that particular rag seems to be filled with more bile then most.

• Advertisement

Talking of rags and tripe I don't know what to think of this except utter drivel, I know paper never refused ink but.....

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/378972/Chelsea-join-Barcelona-in-race-for-Man-United-goalkeeper-David-De-Gea

Talking of rags and tripe I don't know what to think of this except utter drivel, I know paper never refused ink but.....

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/378972/Chelsea-join-Barcelona-in-race-for-Man-United-goalkeeper-David-De-Gea

That needs a ROFLcopter gif.

Seriously? Why would we want De Gea when we've Courtois? :confused:

From the Metro :
    Chelsea are ready to beat a queue of Premier League clubs to land £10million Hamburg striker Heung-Min Son – and grow their commercial profile in Asia in the process.

Guillem Balague stirring the pot as usual

@GuillemBalague
    Mourinho sending messages to some English friends: "see you in England". PSG (and Inter) hoping to convince him otherwise

I love Ballague's scatter gun approach to his IDK-ness.

By all accounts City, Chelsea and Utd are probably the favourites to land Jose next if and when he leaves Real, so if anything all Ballague is doing is hedging his bets on the most obivious country that Jose will pick if given a choice.

Well next week he will be in Manchester so maybe thats what Jose is referring to?

I love Ballague's scatter gun approach to his IDK-ness.

By all accounts City, Chelsea and Utd are probably the favourites to land Jose next if and when he leaves Real, so if anything all Ballague is doing is hedging his bets on the most obivious country that Jose will pick if given a choice.

he throws up one of these tweets every couple of days, wind up merchant

All we need is TSO, Falcao and a dm\central midfielder and we will be sorted

DISCUSS!

Jose - Yes please, no questions asked.
    Falcao - Not at the expense of Courtois or 50million.
    DM/CM - Play Luiz, sign another CB, we badly need a good CB anyway so no point delaying that.

• Advertisement

from the daily express

Frank Lampard closing in on new Chelsea deal

FRANK LAMPARD’S long wait looked set to be over last night, with Chelsea ready to make a U-turn and offer him an extended contract.

Chelsea chief executive Ron Gourlay is expected to sit down for talks with Lampard and his representatives over the “next week or so” to extend his career at Stamford Bridge.

Rumours swirled around last week that a new deal might be in prospect, only to be furiously denied by those close to Lampard, because at that time nothing was on the table. But now the Daily Express understands Lampard has been told that the club are at last ready to open talks on extending his £150,000-a-week deal, which ends in June.

A Chelsea source said: “It is my understanding that Frank has been given an indication that the club are to offer him a new deal, the details of which are yet to be discussed.

“Everyone at the club will be delighted if he stays.”

Everyone at the club will be delighted if he stays
    A Chelsea source
    The fans once again sang, “Sign him up” before and after Lampard scored a club-record 36th FA Cup goal and his 199th in all for Chelsea – leaving him now just three behind Bobby Tambling’s all-time record.

John Terry, Lampard’s team-mate for the past 12 trophy-filled years at Stamford Bridge, said: “Frank has so much more to give. He is an inspiration to everyone here.

“He is the best trainer at Chelsea by a million miles. I am not even going to entertain the thought of him playing for another club.”

Is it 36 FA Cup goals? I thought it was 26, either which way, both figures are very impressive.

Screw Thursday, who thinks we can take something from City at the Etihad?

I'd happily take a draw right now but we can certainly turn up and beat them, which goes the same for them.

We've some tricky games for Rafa to work his magic in the coming weeks.

City away, Utd away (possibily twice), Liverpool away, Spurs at home, Everton at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Screw Thursday, who thinks we can take something from City at the Etihad?

I'd happily take a draw right now but we can certainly turn up and beat them, which goes the same for them.

We've some tricky games for Rafa to work his magic in the coming weeks.

City away, Utd away (possibily twice), Liverpool away, Spurs at home, Everton at home.

Jesus.......
    Depression

Next gen game away to barca kicking off in 30 mins . See what the young lads are made of

Panthro wrote: »
    Jesus.......
    Depression

Ya its a tough run but one we could easily come shining out of it.

Utd are playing QPR on Saturday, hopefully Utd stuff, regardless of the result City will ahve to come out and beat us which is where we could hit them.

If we can contain City and counter attack we'll be sorted.

The only City player I've been impressed with this season has been mad man Zabaleta, hes sturdy as hell and hes a good attacking option, fine FB.

The rest, like ourselves have been hit or miss for large parts, if either team clicks Sunday the other could be easily swept aside.

Luiz if he starts CM, will have a huge job with all the play coming through City's central area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

peteeeed wrote: »
    Next gen game away to barca kicking off in 30 mins . See what the young lads are made of

Live streaming link on youtube.

Opr

this is funny - Spanish source AS claim that Chelsea are interested in Man Utd

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/02/20/chelsea-linked-with-surprise-move-for-man-united-keeper-david-de-gea/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Lovely worked goal! Feruz. 0-1 Chelsea.

Johner wrote: »
    Lovely worked goal! Feruz. 0-1 Chelsea.

Thought he had strayed offside but hasn't , great work by boga

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I mentioned before in this thread about being very impressed by the kid Boga last time I watched him. Standout player on the pitch in that half and it was his through ball for the other guy to square it that made the goal. Pace, trickery and vision. Serious looking talent.

Opr

• Advertisement

Chelsea down to 10, hunte sent off

opr wrote: »
    I mentioned before in this thread about being very impressed by the kid Boga last time I watched him. Standout player on the pitch in that half and it was his through ball for the other guy to square it that made the goal. Pace, trickery and vision. Serious looking talent.

Opr

Only turned 16 last month as well! :eek:

Samper for Barcelona looks like he will be a great player.

I thought that looked like a peno for Barca there!

What a goal! Boga is unreal! 0-2.

Boga 2-0

Johner wrote: »
    What a goal! Boga is unreal! 0-2.

What a goal , what a player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Did Boga score in the final few mins?
    Jaysus, I head to the jacks for a few mins..

Panthro wrote: »
    Did Boga score in the final few mins?
    Jaysus, I head to the jacks for a few mins..
    Yeah super goal

Easy playing Barca with 10 men

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement