Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

the performance last night was pretty bad, too many players giving the ball away cheaply. they were quicker to the 50/50's . rafa is living in a dreamworld if he thinks that was a good performance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

peteeeed wrote: »
    the performance last night was pretty bad, too many players giving the ball away cheaply. they were quicker to the 50/50's . rafa is living in a dreamworld if he thinks that was a good performance

Story of our season, we either destroy teams or have a nightmare and scrape through games.

We were lucky to come away with a win in Prague also, Oscar's goal was pivotal, I reckoned we'd push on tonight as a good portion of that team last night wont play agaisnt City, it was a chance for some of them to change Rafa's mind for Sunday.

from the mirror today

The Blues have also told Nigerian defender Kenneth Omeru, 19, currently on loan at Dutch club Den Haag, that he will be in the Blues first team squad next season.

That will some what sort out the defence I guess, there's big things expected from Ken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Chelsea will be at home to either Juventus or Rosenborg in the QF of the NextGen Series.

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Chelsea will be at home to either Juventus or Rosenborg in the QF of the NextGen Series.

good to get a home draw and a cockney ref

Also Steaua in the last 16 is brilliant.. lets hope we dont make hard work of them too!!

The likely quarter-final line up is:

Fenerbache
    Benfica
    Anzhi
    Lazio/Stuttgart
    Spurs/Inter
    Rubin Kazan
    Zenit
    Chelsea

Have to be fairly big favourites to win it now..

Only thing thats worrying me is Torres' form and Rafa's rotation..
    Europa has to be taken seriously now IMO!

I hope we meet Spurs or Newcastle next or on the way to winning it.

There's still some good teams left in this but after Atletico went out we must be the bookies favourites at this stage.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I hope we meet Spurs or Newcastle next or on the way to winning it.

There's still some good teams left in this but after Atletico went out we must be the bookies favourites at this stage.

would prefer newcastle to spurs

I'd fancy Spurs chances against Inter then I would for Newcastle against Anzhi TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Chelsea 7/2
    Zenit 8/1
    Spurs 9/1
    Anzhi 9/1
    Inter 10/1
    Benfica 10/1
    Newcastle 20/1
    Steaua 66/1

Thats the odds there lads.. we are 7/2 and the next team is 8/1.. thats a huge difference!

• Advertisement

Lump :pac:

I wouldnt lump on Chelsea.. Anzhi would be my bet at them odds

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Wouldn't fancy Anzhi but then I wouldn't fancy us either with Torres as our only striking option, despite the talents of Hazard, Oscar, Mata, Lampard ect.

Zenit and Spurs are decent shouts too.

It would be nice to win this cup though, Steaue B. was probably the kindest draw we could ahve got and with Home advantage in the 2nd leg too.

Majority of people predicting a City victory for Sunday, any of ye think any different?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

I'm not going to make any predictions given my recent efforts. :o:p

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

I'm not going to make any predictions given my recent efforts. :o:p

Please predict a City win Gav :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

City will beat us
    We will concentrait on the europa crap cup only to get knocked out, thus leaving us to fall out of the top four in the PL.

We were 4 points off top spot when Rafa took over, in 6 compitions and will end finishing 5th in the league with no silverware.

Rafa will walk away laughing with his pockets bulging on the hunt for another sucker of a club to distroy.

• Advertisement

Techless wrote: »
    Please predict a City win Gav :D

* rubs crystal ball *

City to destroy us in possesion and shots and win 3-1, Zabaleta, Silva, Aguero.

;)
    what a day wrote: »
    City will beat us
    We will concentrait on the europa crap cup only to get knocked out, thus leaving us to fall out of the top four in the PL.

We were 4 points off top spot when Rafa took over, in 6 compitions and will end finishing 5th in the league with no silverware.

Rafa will walk away laughing with his pockets bulging on the hunt for another sucker of a club to distroy.

Who pi**ed in your corn flakes. :pac:

We've only about 15-20 games before Rafa is replaced, dont worry all will be grand, we might finish 4th but we wont fall out of the top 4.

* rubs crystal ball *

City to destroy us in possesion and shots and win 3-1, Zabaleta, Silva, Aguero.

;)

Who pi**ed in your corn flakes. :pac:

We've only about 15-20 games before Rafa is replaced, dont worry all will be grand, we might finish 4th but we wont fall out of the top 4.

Rafa pi**ed on my cornflakes : - (

what a day wrote: »
    Rafa pi**ed on my cornflakes : - (

Excellent :D

How about 3 points Sunday? Will take away some of the bad taste?

:pac:

Ah i suppose a win over City would cheer me up a bit but i honestly cant see it.
    Every time i look at our play under Rafa there is so many flaws i just struggle to watch at times.

I think City will comfortably beat us but i hope to god im wrong, we need a top four finish cause thats the nearest thing to a thropy we will get this season.

I'll take top 4 this season, anything better then last years league showing is a start hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I think he should play Luiz DM.

Provided no injuries, I'd like to see:

Cech
    Asp--Cahill--Ivan--Cole
    ----Ramires--Luiz
    Moses----Mata----Haz
    Ba

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Panthro wrote: »
    I think he should play Luiz DM.

Provided no injuries, I'd like to see:

Cech
    Asp--Cahill--Ivan--Cole
    ----Ramires--Luiz
    Moses----Mata----Haz
    Ba

Lampard for big games. Always plays well in them. I'd replace one of Rambo or Sideshow with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Will be surprised if Obi does not play. Sideshow may be CB for some pace JT and Cahill turn like an oil tanker fully laden. My guess Obi & Lamps I hope yo God Ba starts and he "saves" Nando for the Thursday cup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Lads don't be worrying Mark Lawrenson has predicted a City win. Easy 3 points for Chelsea so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Lads don't be worrying Mark Lawrenson has predicted a City win. Easy 3 points for Chelsea so :pac:

Hes got a worse record then me ffs :pac:

• Advertisement

Ha, I'm sure Torres is all that worried. :D

Torres winner Sunday? No?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Ha, I'm sure Torres is all that worried. :D

Torres winner Sunday? No?

An O.G. is more likely!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Thats brilliant , I love it ,

I know it must be hard for the lad that its not working out for him , but for the 200grand a week yes 200grand he should be doing everything in his power to get back in form .

Id be training non stop , doing everything I could , take every bit of help and advice I could get , He badly needs to try and get the fans on side too , I would be out there mingling with them , doing all sorts of work in the local area trying to win the local support back .

Ne needs to come out after a game and say "sorry that was not good enough " dont let RB paper over the cracks and keep taking the slack for his ineptness

When youre on that much money ya dont have an incentive to get back to that level do ya though? :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

2 for Lukaku so far today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

2 for Lukaku so far today.

I'm foaming at the mouth (in a non-sexual way) to get him back at Chelsea next season. He is the real deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Horrible stuff, and not even remotely funny....

he should be doing everything in his power to get back in form

How do you know he isn't?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

NukaCola wrote: »
    How do you know he isn't?

No reports of him putting in extra training shifts ,

Turned down help from a sprinting coach ,

The way he is playing :eek: off the place and out of position 9 out of 10 times .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Well if he is putting in extra effort and still playing like he is, he is royally screwed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I remember a while back I was trying to defend Torres to a friend of mine (also a Chelsea fan) and I brought up THAT goal that he scored in the Nou Camp. But it was then pointed out to me that THAT goal was cool and great and all... but at the same time, utterly pointless. Chelsea were still ahead on away goals. All Torres' goal did was allow all of us to relax and enjoy the final few seconds of the game. It made no significant impact on the game due to the stage it came at.

I had no answer to that.

Torres would have been an ok buy if he'd been bought for £10m-£15m or so and was on about half the wages he's currently on, but still nothing special. Players like Juan Mata, Eden Hazard, Oscar, et al have been well worth the money and are performing and dragging us through the dark times. Torres is not and is a spent force. Off-load in the summer and bring back Lukaku and strengthen from the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

DazMarz wrote: »
    I remember a while back I was trying to defend Torres to a friend of mine (also a Chelsea fan) and I brought up THAT goal that he scored in the Nou Camp. But it was then pointed out to me that THAT goal was cool and great and all... but at the same time, utterly pointless. Chelsea were still ahead on away goals. All Torres' goal did was allow all of us to relax and enjoy the final few seconds of the game. It made no significant impact on the game due to the stage it came at.

I had no answer to that.

Torres would have been an ok buy if he'd been bought for £10m-£15m or so and was on about half the wages he's currently on, but still nothing special. Players like Juan Mata, Eden Hazard, Oscar, et al have been well worth the money and are performing and dragging us through the dark times. Torres is not and is a spent force. Off-load in the summer and bring back Lukaku and strengthen from the back.
    I've given up on him now there was a time when every goal he scored was like two of anybody else's and I suppose deep down I still root for the Fùcker to score but I believe that lukaku is the future now and also Oscar he just gets better and better each game just think how good he'll be next year.

DazMarz wrote: »

I know he hasn't performed well, but this is nonsense.

A goal that guarantees you a place in the CL final is pointless? Its not like Barca ever knocked Chelsea out of the CL with a late goal before or anything....

NukaCola wrote: »

I know he hasn't performed well, but this is nonsense.

A goal that guarantees you a place in the CL final is pointless? Its not like Barca ever knocked Chelsea out of the CL with a late goal before or anything....
    No I suppose he did guarantee qualification that night but he's hardly been a match winner for us now has he? When the chips are down we could always turn to lampard or drogba and recently Mata but now that torres had replaced drogba and I never feel like we can rely him.

Ok Fernando hasnt performed for us really...

But lads, lets never forget that goal at the Nou Camp!

Always will be grateful for that goal anyway

Ok Fernando hasnt performed for us really...

But lads, lets never forget that goal at the Nou Camp!

Always will be grateful for that goal anyway
    I don't think I ever truly give up on nando, I never gave up on sheva but you have to agree that he is having a negative effect on the team now. In fact I think that raffa was brought in to get the best from him and all he's done is turn people against him. We've invested in crafty players to suit his style now and still no good so sad and all to say but it's time to stop flogging a dead horse and bring back lukaku next season

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I don't think I ever truly give up on nando, I never gave up on sheva but you have to agree that he is having a negative effect on the team now. In fact I think that raffa was brought in to get the best from him and all he's done is turn people against him. We've invested in crafty players to suit his style now and still no good so sad and all to say but it's time to stop flogging a dead horse and bring back lukaku next season

Dont get me wrong, im all for getting him out the door in the Summer..

Just saying ill never forget that goal..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Torres plays on the shoulder of the last defender, 2 big problems with that, the team DONT play him balls to suit that style of play, secondly, even if we did he dosent have the pace to put them away! So he's reduced to playing out on the wings or coming into midfield to pick up the ball, he cannot hold up the ball or make even the simplest of passes.

Lukaku plays a style that 100% more suits this current team, balls played to him with his back to goal, he's able to hold up play and bring the more skillfull players into the game! He's got pace to burn and everything in the world to prove, so he uses all of his energy chasing down balls, powering defenders off the ball and making people **** themselves when they see him running at them!

Lukaku and Ba will lead Chelsea next year, Fernando should be sold and a third Striker brought in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement