Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If Emenalo is a close to Roman as people have reported then he could potentaily be impossible to get rid of.

Hes meant to ne Romans right hand man at the club, watching everything that goes on day to day and reporting to Roman, if it is true it most be a nearly impossible to trust him if hes got the owners ear so readily.

For some reason, whenever I think of Emenalo it reminds me of this kid from a cartoon years ago

Randall.jpg

If we don't get Mourinho, what about Capello? He has a great record and from his time with England we know that he doesn't like the people above making the decisions. Could be an interesting one IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If Jose doesnt take it I'm stumped as to who might want it.

It really is a poison chalice and any manager worth their salt wont touch it, not those at the top fo the game anyway.

We're either going to try and convince an ex (Jose) or take a gamble on an upcoming manager for our next guy in charge IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

If Jose doesnt take it I'm stumped as to who might want it.

It really is a poison chalice and any manager worth their salt wont touch it, not those at the top fo the game anyway.

We're either going to try and convince an ex (Jose) or take a gamble on an upcoming manager for our next guy in charge IMO.

I think Chelsea have a better chance of getting someone like Jose or Capello than an up and coming manager. If things go wrong for Capello or someone of that experience it won't do as much damage to his career as a younger manager.
    Louis Van Gaal could be an interesting one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Cant see Capello excellent manager but will RA want to upset the Russians? That is the bit I don't see.

As for who if not Jose, not many left really is there anything to be said for Rijkaard, must admit not liked the man since the Voller incident in a World Cup match a few years back when he spat at him. I find that behavior quite obnoxious but his record at Barca at least was decent enough, after a few years in the wilderness he might be keen enough available as well I think.

Wit regard for Ram I quite like him has a lot of heart and a very decent CM player, but a right midfield player he is not. He had a bad day at the office yesterday so should have been pulled ashore that happens.

That's why I cant understand taking off Hazard, surely the more creative player should stay on when chasing a game?

Whats annoying is our best chance was created from a long diagonal ball the Toure mis-judged and Hart got caught out by resulting in a peno, everything else was tame and lack lustered.

It shows even though we've a god group of gifted players, they're far from a team at this time.

One thing that made me happy this weekend though is QPR look to be all but gone, when 'Arry took over they were 6 points from safety, they're currently 7 points from safety.

It's the little things that make me happy on such a bad weekend. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

If we dont finish top 4 its a complete disaster... :(

And its looking really possible now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

come on west ham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Everyone a Hammers fan tonight?

Sort of have to be always said that big Sam is a tactical genius :eek:

Sort of have to be always said that big Sam is a tactical genius :eek:

he's a tactical something :) keeping the seat warm for di canio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

peteeeed wrote: »
    he's a tactical something :) keeping the seat warm for di canio

Really ? I don't think I'd let him loose on an EPL team. It's only a couple of steps from appointing Ballotelli as a manager

greendom wrote: »
    Really ? I don't think I'd let him loose on an EPL team. It's only a couple of steps from appointing Ballotelli as a manager

I'd pay to see that.

Di Canio/Balotelli double act, so many LOL's.

greendom wrote: »

i was talking to a hammers fan who said thats who the fans want

• Advertisement

Cant see Capello excellent manager but will RA want to upset the Russians? That is the bit I don't see.

As for who if not Jose, not many left really is there anything to be said for Rijkaard, must admit not liked the man since the Voller incident in a World Cup match a few years back when he spat at him. I find that behavior quite obnoxious but his record at Barca at least was decent enough, after a few years in the wilderness he might be keen enough available as well I think.

Doesn't Roman contribute toward the salary of the Russian manager? I know he did when Hiddink was in charge, so I'm sure if he wanted Capello he could get him without much fuss.

As for Rijkaard, I really don't rate him as a manager, he lasted only a few months with Galatasary & got the boot from the Saudi job too, thge only ones who I can realistically see lasting in the job would be either Jose or Capello.

What age is Capello though? 65, 66?

While I'm not doubting what hes done in his career, why should we hire a short term managerial solution again?

Capello would settle the ship and bring discipline never seen before but how long before he decides to pack it in, 3 years?

While I'm not doubting what hes done in his career, why should we hire a short term managerial solution again?

Capello would settle the ship and bring discipline never seen before but how long before he decides to pack it in, 3 years?

I'm sure if he still has the hunger for it he'd easily last around 10 years, not that he'd have a hope of lasting that long with us though.

I always thought he hated the media spotlight in England though, Jose on the other hand loves it and craves it.

Jose in. :pac:

I wonder did Ivanovic get a mention when Swansea won the cup yesterday?

After all it was his 2 mistakes that helped them on their way to the Final.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Didn't realise the FA Cup game was this week, anyone know if it's on the tellybox?

Havent seen or heard anything but it could easily pop up on ESPN or something.

Anyone got anything confirmed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Might be perfect timing for the arrival of the extra special one - Zola!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Roman has sacked 2 managers after games with West Brom - who we play in the league next!

Don't think the game is on the box on Wednesday, there is highlights @ 22:30 on ITV4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Bionicle

Been stalking this thread for a long long time and I think it's about time I join the party!

I'm Bionicle! True blue since I first saw Chelsea step onto a pitch back in the '97 FA cup final! :D (albeit, only because they were the first Blue team I saw. :P )

Rafa out! (I'll settle in just fine :P )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Bionicle wrote: »
    Been stalking this thread for a long long time and I think it's about time I join the party!

I'm Bionicle! True blue since I first saw Chelsea step onto a pitch back in the '97 FA cup final! :D (albeit, only because they were the first Blue team I saw. :P )

Rafa out! (I'll settle in just fine :P )

Welcome to the nest.
    GavRedKing is a whore for taking bribes...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

AVB will be looking down the table at us laughing come the end of the season.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Bionicle

If Bale is anywhere near this form against us in April, we are in for a nice beating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Looking at the table Chelsea could end up worse then last year in 7th.
    Only 2 points above Arsenal and 9 above West Brom.
    Hope we get some back to back wins or could be the worst season since Ronan took over.
    Never thought we be hanging onto 4th and no trophies from 7.

• Advertisement

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Looking at the table Chelsea could end up worse then last year in 7th.
    Only 2 points above Arsenal and 9 above West Brom.
    Hope we get some back to back wins or could be the worst season since Ronan took over.
    Never thought we be hanging onto 4th and no trophies from 7.

Still 33 points to play for, we could end up with 82 points! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Still 33 points to play for, we could end up with 82 points! :P

Optimist prime!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I still feel confident that Chelsea will finish in at least 4th. God knows why, but I think the team will pull it together. Chelsea will finish above Arsenal and Everton, and ergo in 4th, at a minimum. Spurs will slip up again before the end of the season. Bale cannot keep carrying them on his own forever.

Bad as Chelsea's form is, I genuinely feel that a 4th place finish is very much there for the taking. Just a question of which Chelsea turn up for games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I was in favour of Rafa when he took over, I thought he was the right man for the right job and despite the sentiment of loosing RDM, I believed he was the the guy, along with zenden, to get our season back on track.
    But now it seems he's one loss away from the sack, with that loss being to Boro (our last chance at silver this year) or West Brom (our usual gallows team for our managers).
    But who will take over until the end of the season? No established in-work manager would go near a 3 month job being interim interim manager. Now it seems a shoo in that the special one will be joining us in the summer. But who is in the frame for that 3 month job? Who gives me more fear than having either Harry Redknapp, Raf, or Big Sam in charge? Who is extra specially brilliant at picking up the cones after training? Who's been seen in the hospitality booth at the last couple of home matches?
    AVRAM ****ing GRANT....

BE AFRAID, watch out 7th place, here we come

Panthro wrote: »
    Welcome to the nest.
    GavRedKing is a whore for taking bribes...

I sure am, I'll also accept coke and hookers, due to cut backs us Mods have had our allowances slashed. :o

We finished 6th last year. :P

Spurs done well to get back into the game last night when they went 2-1 down, I honestly thought the Hammers would hold on.

Best bet now is for Spurs to draw with Arsenal this weekend and keep and for us to win although I'd take a Spurs victory to keep Arsenal off our tails.

Robbing this tabel from the current relegation thread :

Team - Points - Points taken - Played

13 West Ham United----30 - 3 - 1
    14 Newcastle
    30 - 3 - 2
    15 Sunderland
    29 - 0 - 1
    16 Southampton
    27 - 1 - 1
    17 Wigan Athletic
    24 - 0 - 2
    18 Aston Villa
    24 - 0 - 1
    19 Reading
    23 - 1 - 2
    20 Queens Park Rangers--17 - 4 - 2

I've added the amount of points those teams have taken from us this season so far and how many times we've played them.

12 f**king points dropped so far dropped. :mad:

We have to play Villa, Southampton, Sunderland and West ham again, please no more f**k ups.

Rumor of yet another bust up this time from the Laaaaandaaaaaan Evening Standard

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/benitez-on-ropes-after-bustup-8510919.html

Well after last night that is 3rd almost certainly gone I think, Spurs have a few tricky ties such as Arsenal, & City at home, Pool away, Swans away and Stoke away. Arsenals run in is not too bad with tricky matches away at Swans and maybe baggies and barcodes and at home to ManU.

Providing we show some form and are still in it at the end of April we have a tough run of 4 matches Spurs home, Pool away, Swans home and ManU away but with current form that is four straight defeats and no variation of Zadok the Priest to be heard at the Bridge next season.

More trouble for Rafa, apparently : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9893521/Isolated-Chelsea-interim-manager-Rafael-Benitez-in-training-ground-row-with-Chelsea-players.html
    It might seem reckless to replace an interim manager with just 11 games remaining but Roman Abramovich has form for acting this late in the season.

Andre Villas-Boas was fired on March 4 last year, the day after Chelsea lost at West Bromwich Albion.

Ominously Steve Clarke’s side are Chelsea’s next opponents, their visit to Stamford Bridge coming precisely 364 days after the game that did for Villas-Boas.

The Baggies have proved lethal for Chelsea managers in the last year. Villas-Boas’s successor, Roberto Di Matteo, lost his job after another defeat at the Hawthorns in November was followed by the calamitous reverse at Juventus that effectively knocked Chelsea out of the Champions League.

What are the chances that 3 league game in a row against WBA could result in 3 managers getting sacked and nearly a year to the day?

:pac:

Robbing this tabel from the current relegation thread :

I've added the amount of points those teams have taken from us this season so far and how many times we've played them.

12 f**king points dropped so far dropped. :mad:

We have to play Villa, Southampton, Sunderland and West ham again, please no more f**k ups.

We seem to be thinking down the same lines i.e. where in the name of God can we get sufficient points for a top four. I have absolutely no confidence we can do it, I would imagine the atmosphere at the Bridge must be very divisive at the moment.

The board, Mr E and our interim should do the decent thing and walk if they dont there should be a major cull at the end of the season and start fresh next. With the squad we have we should not be scratching around for 4th, and much as I really dislike the man that is not our interim's fault. In this instance the fault is fully and squarely with RA for employing such an inept washed up has been.

• Advertisement

More trouble for Rafa, apparently : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9893521/Isolated-Chelsea-interim-manager-Rafael-Benitez-in-training-ground-row-with-Chelsea-players.html

What are the chances that 3 league game in a row against WBA could result in 3 managers getting sacked and nearly a year to the day?

:pac:

Actually there would be some humor in that you could almost hear our next manager asking the FA to schedule Baggies away next season as the first match as he would be likely to be given more than one game, though you never know with our mob.

We shouldnt have lost 12 points those teams, well the Newcastle game I can just about forgive the team for losing as they shouldnt be down there at all, the other 9 points, including 4 against QPR is a disgrace.

I dont know what the other top 4 teams have dropped against the same opposition but if its anywhere near 9 I'd very surprsied.

Had we beat Reading and Southampton and Swansea from winning positions we'd be 6 points better off then we currently are, in 2 of those games we were 2-0 up as well which makes it even bloody more annoying.

12 points and we could still drop points in the 4 games we've left against those teams.

If Jose comes back I'm going over to the 1st home game and I'll cry sweet tears....mainly because he'll probably be sacked after 10 months. :pac:

whisper it quietly but Steve McClaren has left Twente ;)

Spurs have two tough games in Arsenal(H) & Liverpool(A) with a game against Inter Milan in between, they also have to go away to Swansea in a few weeks, I think there will be a lot more points dropped between now and the end of the season, we're due a run of good results so hopefully we can gather a bit of momentum and start picking up points.

Noooooooooooooooo :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I take back what I said, I'd have a triple header of Rafa, Sam, and droopy over that eegit

Not even in jest please Sgt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

dunno if this was posted but heres a compilation of de bruyne against Bayern in their 4-1 loss.

http://vimeo.com/60379893

They lost 6-1 AFAIK. :P

It really is quite incredible that we let the likes of Piazon go on loan and did not recall the likes of KdB or Lukaku in January when everyone could see the fixture pile up we had coming at us.

Does anyone do joined up thinking at Chelsea anymore?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement