Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Phoenix wrote: »
    I cant wait for next season,we will probably have our worst season in 15 years I reckon!

To borrow a line from our friendly Scouse friends " Our year "

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Phoenix do you think this season will be our worst for 15 years or next season? I hope this because next season will be really miserable if worse than this.

I am really surprised it took this long for this story to surface

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/380375/Bayern-Munich-coach-Jupp-Heynckes-earmarked-for-Chelsea-job

He's bloody older then Capello :eek:

This is what I love from the article :
    Heynckes was disappointed with the fact that he will have to retire at the end of the season

Did the make him retire for Pep? :pac:

Dya know what I'd love to see? Roman taking his coaching badges, then he'll see its not as easy as setting up a few cones and telling the players " Ok, now play like Barcelona "

It aint that simple Roman, never was, when it isnt broken (Jose, Carlo) dont fix it.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    This is what I love from the article :

Did the make him retire for Pep? :pac:

Yea I liked that line too.

From what I understand he didn't want to retire and there was some talk in the background of a new contract, but when it became known Pep would join then of course all talk of a new contract was forgotten.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11890/8407221/Bayern-Munich-coach-Jupp-Heynckes-decision-to-retire-was-not-entirely-voluntary

If he can bring Kroos and Alaba then I'm all for it. ;)

Maybe as Bullpost mentioned above work in tandem with #25 and of course bring a few players along do no harm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Dave and Cahill out injured tomorrow, Paulo to start?

Our interim is desperate for a bit of silverware so I would say he will.

Happy hammers at the Bridge on St Patricks Day

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3090141/title/west-ham-date-rearranged?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Dave and Cahill out injured tomorrow, Paulo to start?

I'd say Ivan will play there with Luiz & Terry at CB.

If we draw tomorrow, we could face 4 games in 8 days!

Gary Cahill has blamed Chelseas faltering form on fatigue as a result of their "ridiculous" fixture list, but the clubs congested calendar could get even worse.

Bentezs beleaguered side are facing the prospect of having to play four games in the space of eight days next week if their FA Cup fifth-round tie against Middlesbrough tomorrow requires a replay. The FA has ordered that all quarter-finals of its flagship competition must take place on the planned weekend, which means that if Chelsea draw at the Riverside Stadium, they will have to squeeze in a replay before a possible quarter-final away to Manchester United on March 10.

Given Chelseas commitments in Europe, the only available date for such a replay is March 4 two days after a Barclays Premier League match at home to West Bromwich Albion and three days before Chelsea are due to travel to Romania to face Steaua Bucharest in the first leg of their Europa League round-of-16 tie.

Chelsea have played 46 matches during what has developed into an epic campaign eight more than Tottenham, one of their main rivals for a Champions League place and the strain is beginning to tell on the players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

I'd go along with that.

AVB must be smiling at the moment as he looks down the table from third spot.

bullpost wrote: »
    I'd go along with that.

AVB must be smiling at the moment as he looks down the table from third spot.

Currently giving Barca a good thrashing and hopefully reminding Roman to go get him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Currently giving Barca a good thrashing and hopefully reminding Roman to go get him!

Barcelona don't look great at the moment! I kinda fancy AC to go through in the CL tie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Worst part of that article? The picture. Two managers who should never have been let go from the club. Yes, Carlo wouldn't have been there had José still been there, but you know what I mean. Once we axed José and a couple of years later landed Carlo, we should have left it be. No, Roman should have left it be. But not at all. No sense in keeping the best managers in the world at the club. The fúck do they know at all? Keep the merry-go-round going and let's keep fúcking around like idiots.

In my career of going to matches (that's only about 6 years at this stage) I've seen: José, Avram, Big Phil, Guus, Carlo, André and Roberto. Given that I want to catch at least one game before the end of the season, I'll also see one with Rafa (possibly). So in 6 years, I'll have seen Chelsea play live under 7 (potentially 8) different managers. That is so sick. Case and point: there are very few United or Arsenal fans who will have seen either of their teams play under any manager apart from the incumbent (apart from the geriatric fans :P). It's nonsense.

José is the only man to lead us again. But if he goes to PSG, there are very few out there who would (and could) take the job and make a success of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

I realize that with managers, as with players, those with a decent recent run of form or results are suddenly worldbeaters (Gareth Bale is currently the best player in the history of the world evah). But given what he's achieved at Swansea, would Laudrup be completely out of the question?

Yes, I'd like to see Jose back. Or Guus. Or Carlo. But once bitten and all that. For a big name manager, still at the top of the managerial game, Chelsea is a poison chalice.

Realistically, the ones who are most likely to be up for it are either those on the slide and out of work (Rafa and, God knows, Steve McLaren if we carry on this way) or those doing good things on small budgets. Laudrup. Martinez. Zola.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Duck Soup wrote: »
    I realize that with managers, as with players, those with a decent recent run of form or results are suddenly worldbeaters (Gareth Bale is currently the best player in the history of the world evah). But given what he's achieved at Swansea, would Laudrup be completely out of the question?

Yes, I'd like to see Jose back. Or Guus. Or Carlo. But once bitten and all that. For a big name manager, still at the top of the managerial game, Chelsea is a poison chalice.

Realistically, the ones who are most likely to be up for it are either those on the slide and out of work (Rafa and, God knows, Steve McLaren if we carry on this way) or those doing good things on small budgets. Laudrup. Martinez. Zola.
    I think Laudrup, not just on his achievements and style of play in Swansea, deserved to be in the top 4 of replacements

I think apart from our 1 guarnteed trip to OT we can pick up a lot of points in the remaining games.

We havent beat Liverpool in the league in awhile, hopefully we can manage it at Anfield this time around.

Good to see Barca lose again last night, hopefuly for a Jose a spanish Cup and UCL double and he'll be gone from Madrid head held high and onto Stamford Bridge, even if it doesnt happen, the Stamford Bridge part, I hope he wins the UCL this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

How did the European Cup turn into the abortion that is The Champions League that turned into the travesty that is UCL.

How did the European Cup turn into the abortion that is The Champions League that turned into the travesty that is UCL.

Huh? :confused:

• Advertisement

10 days after Dan Levene posted this on twitter the Daily Fail catch up, finger on the pulse guys well done,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2285008/Roberto-Di-Matteo-airbushed-Chelsea-history--club-remove-Champions-League-picture.html

It really is a terrible rag that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

not many will agree with that

peteeeed wrote: »
    not many will agree with that

Some don't understand it

Anyone able to confirm if we can stream tonights game?

Anyone able to confirm if we can stream tonights game?

my sopcast links have been ****e lately

• Advertisement

Hoping to pick up a stream somehwere, finished training at 8 so wouldnt mind watching it with a bit of grub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Hoping to pick up a stream somehwere, finished training at 8 so wouldnt mind watching it with a bit of grub.

Its not on TV so? :(

Id be alot more excited for this game if we didnt have to go to Old Trafford next round....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Does anyone else think that Ashley Cole is far too long in the tooth to have such a stupid haircut?

I'm hoping the players can perform on one of the biggest domestic stages, although going to Utd and knocking them out of a cup becomes a lot ahrder the further they progress in it.

Lets juts get tonight out of the way and then we can think about Utd away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Bionicle

I'm hoping the players can perform on one of the biggest domestic stages, although going to Utd and knocking them out of a cup becomes a lot ahrder the further they progress in it.

Lets juts get tonight out of the way and then we can think about Utd away.
    Beating Utd away would take a monumental effort from the players, especially if United are still on course for the treble. They wouldnt even have to play particularly well to trample all over us whereas we have to bring our A-game from the start. It's been a while since we came away undefeated from Old Trafford and would be thrilled with a draw. It's still a while away and I am hoping that we can put together some good performances between now and then to be in contention with them.

Ba really has to start banging in goals because a certain number 9 doesn't know what those are anymore. :/

According to Daily Mail, Southampton have opened talks with Chelsea over the permanent transfer of 17-year old left-back Luke Shaw, who is one of the most promising young left-backs in the world.

Apparently Chelsea had a £10m bid rejected in January, and are now keen on agreeing on a fee with Southampton, who have admitted that it'll be difficult to hold on to the youngster.

Luke Shaw himself is said to be very keen on the move, as he has several times confirmed that he is an avid Chelsea supporter - which can only be a bonus!

The 17-year old has already impressed at Stamford Bridge, when he put in a fine display in Southampton's 2-2 draw a few weeks ago - providing the assist for the equaliser, after a great run down the left flank.

No Mata or Mikel tonight (not travelled) and the rumour is
    Turnbull, Yossi and Marin start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Ake starts.

Cech; Ferreira, Ivanovic,Terry, Bertrand; Ramires, Ake; Moses, Oscar, Benayoun; Torres

Subs: Turnbull, Cole, David Luiz, Lampard, Hazard, Marin, Ba

Good luck Ake!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Anyone else a cit concerned with that line up?
    Should we not be looking to put this game to bed ASAP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭sawfish

Line-up is a tad weaker than usual. But should be more than enough.

Is this on tv anywhere?

Panthro wrote: »
    Anyone else a cit concerned with that line up?
    Should we not be looking to put this game to bed ASAP?
    league is priority, but team has enough highly paid internationals to do the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

PM Sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

@OliverKayTimes Playlist at Riverside ahead of Boro-Chelsea: Fernando; Money, Money, Money; Money for Nothing. Hmm ...

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

Can Anyone PM me a decent stream please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Luiz looks a better player in midfield to me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Chances on either side opening up

Great play by Moses.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement