Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

sitter 'Boro

Wretched half of football from Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Wretched half of football from Chelsea.

Its been like that for months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Give it to Torres! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

pm me a stream please kind people

Good run by Torres, bout his touch let him down.

Here comes Hazard. :)

Nathan Ake's mum will be well pleased that she let him stay up late tonight. Very decent game from him.

What a goal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Moses parts the Red Sea...

• Advertisement

Ake has played very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Moses, Oscar and Ake were the positives for me tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

ake man of the match, looked very composed on the ball and great in the tackle . moses played well too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

A win is positive enough these days :)
    Phoenix wrote: »
    0-2,job done,some positives to be had

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Watching an Atletico stream. Sky commentator quotes Courtois as saying in the Spanish press that he doesn't think that Cech has another couple of seasons left in him in the Chelsea goal. Ooh missus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Chelsea will now play Man Utd at Old Trafford in the FA Cup on 10 Mar (the day the club was founded in 1905).

Can't lose on our anniversary can we not civilised that

Wow, tune into radio 5 live, Rafa totally losing it about the fans!

instead of making banners & singing songs the fans should support the Team"

calling me interim was a massive mistake"

Also just says he will leave at the end of the season and we don't have

to worry

5 live will replay after the news

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

to worry

He has a point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

@henrywinter: Benitez on #cfc fans: "They are wasting time with their banners and songs. They don't need to worry about me. I leave at end of the season'

@henrywinter: Benitez fuming in press conference here: "These Chelsea fans have an agenda. These Chelsea fans are damaging the image of the club' #cfc

@henrywinter: Benitez: "I'm experienced. I've won the Champions League, the Spanish league twice, the FA Cup. They (fans) are a group with an agenda''

@henrywinter: Benitez says #cfc fans 'must get behind the team or they will be in the Europa League next season'

• Advertisement

It's still going on. I'd say he'll be gone by the weekend

Dion Fanning ‏@dionfanning
    That's the Zidane headbutt of post-match interviews

to worry

Well that is great news at least we don't have to worry about him being here next season then. Would guess that he has been told officially he will not be staying and so he has dropped his pretence that he could win over the fans. Happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Any links to Rafa's interview?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Shown his true colours tonight so he has , get him out, the sooner the better , never wanted,

The man is full of his own self importance , hopefully he gets the 3AM treatment ,

I really hope I wake up to hear he is gone , I would rather the bloody tea lady in charge

Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter
    Well that was lively. Benitez has left press-room. He's slaughtered #cfc fans, criticised board. Interesting to see how long he lasts now

Blaming everyone but himself.

Has failed to win or even draw games from 2-0 up
    failed to get Torres scoring
    bizarre subs
    needed a replay for league 1 club
    Not playing the club capt when fit
    lost in the world club final
    lost over 2 legs to swansea FFS
    lost to qpr FFS
    always plays the same tactics and formation

the list goes on and on

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Panthro wrote: »
    Any links to Rafa's interview?

Going to show it on Sky sports news after the break,

A classic Rafa rant by all accounts , Id be banned if I explained how I feel about him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Nice to see him having a go at those fans who've been on his back since day 1. Surprised it took him this long to say what everyone has been thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Chelsea are really becoming a laughing stock. No one is going touch them next season. I'd be banned if I said what I really thought about the club.

• Advertisement

Renn wrote: »
    Nice to see him having a go at those fans who've been on his back since day 1. Surprised it took him this long to say what everyone has been thinking.

Yeah picked his time nicely :rolleyes:

Coupla thousand travel up to Middlesborough, the man is PR disaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Well in Rafa

niallo27 wrote: »
    Chelsea are really becoming a laughing stock. No one is going touch them next season. I'd be banned if I said what I really thought about the club.

The mans a joke , its all there fault not mine ,

Disastrous end with Liverpool ,
    Disastrous end with Inter
    An absolute disaster at Chelsea

Take off your red tinted glasses , yous are well shot of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Yeah picked his time nicely :rolleyes:

Coupla thousand travel up to Middlesborough, the man is PR disaster

Don't care where they traveled to.

The disaster is surely Abramovich? He's the one who's appointed 100 mangers in 10 seasons. And he's the one who's called him an interim manager so Rafa never really had the backing of anyone at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Gwed rafa lad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Renn wrote: »

But do you think this will improve the situation or make things worse. Silly thing to do if you aks me. I was never really a supporter of the boo boys but he will get ripped to shreds at the bridge now!

Hopefully he will be sacked come the weekend, will be the best thing for both parties at this stage!

• Advertisement

Bull

He had 5 great years at liverpool out of six. The last year the club was in such **** it had to effect on field performances. He never got started at inter. They have been on the slide since he left anyway.

Would love to Rafa back at Liverpool so I can laugh at you lot and all your History down in the Championship ,

Blaming the fans for his own shortcomings ........... I wont even go on , thats enough said

Would love to Rafa back at Liverpool so I can laugh at you lot and all your History down in the Championship ,

Blaming the fans for his own shortcomings ........... I wont even go on , thats enough said

The fans were booing him before Chelsea kicked a ball under him. Who are Chelsea going blame when Rafa is gone.

I'll get you some tissues.
    Rafa has a very valid point. If the fans got behind the team there might be a better atmosphere around the club and that would help the team.
    Has Rafa made mistakes? Of course he has.

I've seen fans suggesting in here they hope Chelsea lose to see him gone. Says it all really

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

niallo27 wrote: »
    The fans were booing him before Chelsea kicked a ball under him. Who are Chelsea going blame when Rafa is gone.

Do you think will Rafa's rant tonight make things better or worse, simple question?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Get in Rafa lad.

He should have done it weeks ago.

I can't figure out are Chelsea fans that ignorant or just plain thick.

As for Rafa's last season at Anfield, he was totally undermined by the owners, as bad as Roman is, he is not even close to how sh1te h&g were

Wake up and smell the roses Chelsea fans, JT and Lamps have too much say, JT was over the hill last season and Lamps is looking to become a club legend, evey player at Chelsea has his own agenda rather than then teams.

Do you think will Rafa's rant tonight make things better or worse, simple question?

Can things get any worse.

The truthful answer is worse of course.

Do you think the fans that booed him before a ball was kicked under him made things better or worse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Do you think the behaviour of the fans who've been against him since he was appointed have made things better or worse ?

EDIT: I see Amiable has beaten me to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Slow down lad, you are fighting for a top 4 spot, do you really think Rafa is going to get you relegated? ;) And why would you be laughing at us if you are in the championship? Like I said, ignorant or thick (maybe both)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

just read bit there about rafa..he is leaving ye.im a redman..should have treated him better imo.
    what a crazy club/business/empire/romans toy

amiable wrote: »
    Bull

Care to explain ?

In 25 games in charge the former Liverpool boss won 12 and lost 7, which is pretty appalling when you consider that Jose Mourinho’s record the previous season involved 57 games during which time they lost just seven games.

The ‘Special One’ didn’t lose a home game in two seasons, Rafa managed to shatter that record in his sixth San Siro fixture.

And then another Famous Rafa rant ends his tenure :D

Didn't take the interim appreciation society long to sprout the usual BS. Everyone is to blame bar him, he is a winner blah blah blah well breaking news chaps he has won nothing of significance for years. He has not managed since Inter because he was seen to be what he is.

Now you guys can go back to your memories sorry history we will plan for next season with some optimism woooooo hoooooo happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Lol

And not a mention about your little interfering Russian?

Take off your shapka-ushanka

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement