Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

I will give it 24 hours before the usual skum in Chelsea send Rafa death threats (Par for the course in regards to chelsea fans) thats is he hasn't received them already (he probably has)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

peteeeed wrote: »
    @henrywinter: Benitez on #cfc fans: "They are wasting time with their banners and songs. They don't need to worry about me. I leave at end of the season'

@henrywinter: Benitez fuming in press conference here: "These Chelsea fans have an agenda. These Chelsea fans are damaging the image of the club' #cfc

@henrywinter: Benitez: "I'm experienced. I've won the Champions League, the Spanish league twice, the FA Cup. They (fans) are a group with an agenda''

@henrywinter: Benitez says #cfc fans 'must get behind the team or they will be in the Europa League next season'

How any Chelsea fan can question any of the above 4 quotes is bizarre?

Rafa has done ya's a favour in speaking out tonight and has defended every single one of the decent Chelsea supporters out there, and faced up to the numpty minority who quite frankly "are damaging the image of the club"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Care to explain ?

In 25 games in charge the former Liverpool boss won 12 and lost 7, which is pretty appalling when you consider that Jose Mourinho’s record the previous season involved 57 games during which time they lost just seven games.

The ‘Special One’ didn’t lose a home game in two seasons, Rafa managed to shatter that record in his sixth San Siro fixture.

And then another Famous Rafa rant ends his tenure :D

It's simple. It was hardly a disaster the way he left Inter as you pointed out. They were still in touch in the title race with games in hand. That's why it's bull. It was not a disaster like you claim.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Slow down lad, you are fighting for a top 4 spot, do you really think Rafa is going to get you relegated? ;)And why would you be laughing at us if you are in the championship? Like I said, ignorant or thick (maybe both)

Im not even going to bite on this one as it lacks the thought process for me to give you a witty reply ,

Simple thing to all the Liverpool fans that love him so much

Rafa has once again pressed the self destruct button and Il be delighted to see the back of him.

Avram Grant would be a step up from this fella

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

In fairness ye Chelsea fans were a complete disgrace in terms of the treatment of Benitez.

More worried about your manager that actually supporting the team.

joe123 wrote: »
    In fairness ye Chelsea fans were a complete disgrace in terms of the treatment of Benitez.

More worried about your manager that actually supporting the team.

Don't tar them all but do use this thread in the coming days as a very very good filter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Would love to Rafa back at Liverpool so I can laugh at you lot and all your History down in the Championship ,

Blaming the fans for his own shortcomings ........... I wont even go on , thats enough said

Delighted to see rafa call out the plastic flag brigade. Chelsea are a club with
    no history
    no class
    No manager should touch with a barge pole.

The sooner roman goes back to Russia and we see Chelsea go back to the ken bates days the better.

Money can't buy you class or history

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

amiable wrote: »
    It's simple. It was hardly a disaster the way he left Inter as you pointed out. They were still in touch in the title race with games in hand. That's why it's bull. It was not a disaster like you claim.

Still in touch :eek::eek::eek:

Thats Rafa all over , never quite there

All this hatred started by a blogger who doesn't go to any games posting fake quotes on twitter attributed to Rafa from his time at Liverpool.

You reap what you sow Chelsea fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Benitez spot on in everything he said. Chelsea fans have let themselves down big time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

The truthful answer is worse of course.

Exactly, which means he shouldn't have said it. Only thing is having watched the press conference now it wasn't like a full blooded attack or a "heated press conference" as SSN are saying it is. He was smiling throughout.

Do you think the fans that booed him before a ball was kicked under him made things better or worse?[/QUOTE]
    greendom wrote: »
    Do you think the behaviour of the fans who've been against him since he was appointed have made things better or worse ?

Of course they've made it worse, they most defiantly shouldn't have done it. Fans should be behind their new manager no matter what IMO. But after his recent results and baffling team selection's (Rameries playing RW) and sub's he is getting justified stick from the fans and rightly so, but no the fans were silly to boo him when he was newly appointed.

The way some people are defending him, rafa, on here is beyond the pale (couldn't resist :pac:) In truth he has done horrible as manager / interm manager at chelsea, regardless of what he is labeled as if he is a good as some of the poster on here proclaim him to be we should be top of the league by now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Leiva wrote: »

Lol

And not a mention about your little interfering Russian?

Take off your shapka-ushanka

Ha ha our interfering Russian under whom we have won 3 Premier leagues, 4 FA cups 2 league cups a champions league and a few community shields. What would Liverpool give for that record over the past 9 years oh right ye have history don't ye ha ha

Still in touch :eek::eek::eek:

Thats Rafa all over , never quite there

And they were in touch. It proves it wasn't a disaster as you put it.

This is what happens when a backwater club with no history or class buys its way to trophies. Unless there is substance to the club there is nothing and eventually the wheels fall off.
    The only two mistakes Rafa has made is going to clubs that just won a major trophy but had overpaid ageing squads, who had achieved their zenith, but the only way was down from there on in. If you look at this win loss record it is not much different to robbies this season, yet you worshiped him.
    That the fans were vocal against him from the start was no good for the team

Exactly, which means he shouldn't have said it. Only thing is having watched the press conference now it wasn't like a full blooded attack or a "heated press conference" as SSN are saying it is. He was smiling throughout.

That's Sky for you. It was a calculated attack. I still think he'll be gone pretty soon

• Advertisement

Delighted to see rafa call out the plastic flag brigade. Chelsea are a club with
    no history
    no class

The sooner roman goes back to Russia and we see Chelsea go back to the ken bates days the better.

Ha ha go back to the Bates days, you do realise his last year as owner we beat Liverpool last game of the season to qualify for the Champions league God bless you Gronk. See even then you were second best to us history yea right next you lot will be saying ye won a European trophy before us

Ha ha our interfering Russian under whom we have won 3 Premier leagues, 4 FA cups 2 league cups a champions league and a few community shields. What would Liverpool give for that record over the past 9 years oh right ye have history don't ye ha ha

If RA had been more passive rather than being more like a 10 year old playing FM then you's probably would have been admired for the amount of domestic and european silverware aquired by now, but no you're becoming a running joke and poison chalice for any manager to take up - so no, I wouldn't like LFC to be like that, thanks.

You keep punting on the Special One returning and fück the rest. For your sake I hope it happens.

Ha ha go back to the Bates days, you do realise his last year as owner we beat Liverpool last game of the season to qualify for the Champions league God bless you Gronk. See even then you were second best to us history yea right next you lot will be saying ye won a European trophy before us

Loved that goal - Shot come cross from the god's :D

Chelsea are part of the sky news revolution, they believe everthing they read and hear.
    So people was it a rant or just an observation?

no history
    no class

History has been made , we have been making a hell of a lot of history over the last 10 years, a lot more than some other clubs ;) with only Man U ahead of us in our region I would think

I love the bitterness towards Chelsea , usually and not very surpassingly it comes from Liverpool supporters (dont know who you support and this is not aimed at you just a general observation)

Any club that does better than them and they all row in , its quite amusing :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

no history
    no class

Come on Luckycharms this is complete bull****.

As for your last line ''Money can't buy you class or history''. Well money helped them win Leagues, FA Cups and a European cup (money helps every club win stuff). Well I'm pretty sure those trophies are already part of Chelsea's history, and obviously will be for the rest of time, so I don't really get what you were saying there.

Chelsea are part of the sky news revolution, they believe everthing they read and hear.

You'll have to wait til tomorrows papers are out for a reply I fear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

no history or class
    History is a term usually used by supporters of a team who have to look back quite a bit to see the last time they won something, or to remind themselves they support a 'big' team.

edit: there was a considerable amount of flags waving at Camp Nou last night, all plastic fans too of course!

This is what happens when a backwater club with no history or class buys its way to trophies. Unless there is substance to the club there is nothing and eventually the wheels fall off.
    The only two mistakes Rafa has made is going to clubs that just won a major trophy but had overpaid ageing squads, who had achieved their zenith, but the only way was down from there on in. If you look at this win loss record it is not much different to robbies this season, yet you worshiped him.
    That the fans were vocal against him from the start was no good for the team

Obviously you dont know anything about Chelsea or what they have won in the past ,

As has been stated already wining a Cup in Europe even before the mighty Liverpool

You'll have to wait til tomorrows papers are out for a reply I fear

I'd say he will never get a reply in here have a look at his latest posts if you need to know why :rolleyes:

I think I will go back to the Liverpool thread and laugh at you from there :D

And they were in touch. It proves it wasn't a disaster as you put it.

With the club you follow your expectations would be lower than mine , its a disaster in my book ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

i'm no huge fan of Rafa but I think he was on a hiding to nothing - appointed on an interim basis with antagonistic home support and with the problem that faced AVB still present - the older players with too much sway ruling the roost.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Killinator wrote: »
    History is a term usually used by supporters of a team who have to look back quite a bit to see the last time they won something, or to remind themselves they support a 'big' team.

History is what your club is built on, something chelsea are trying to do this last number of years but are ruining it for themselves, and class, well thats where CFC are falling down big time, thats one thing CFC will never have, for a club to constantly worship JT says it all and the handling of managers is a joke.

With the club you follow your expectations would be lower than mine , its a disaster in my book ;)

The club I support happens to be a lot more successful than Chelsea.
    I've seen Liverpool win more trophies in my lifetime than Chelsea :D

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    i'm no huge fan of Rafa but I think he was on a hiding to nothing - appointed on an interim basis with antagonistic home support and with the problem that faced AVB still present - the older players with too much sway ruling the roost.

Ah your full post was a lot better !

What a coincidence that Steve Maclaren became available this week too

The club I support happens to be a lot more successful than Chelsea.
    I've seen Liverpool win more trophies in my lifetime than Chelsea :D

Come on you do better than that ,

Im talking here and now not 20 odd years ago , expectations must be rock bottom these days :p

fingers-in-ears.jpg

Hope they go after Hodgson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Wow, I see the usual anti chelsea bridgade are out in force tonight, peddling their usual nonsense about class, plastic and history

Any opportunity to have a pop eh?

Well guess what? We dont care about your deluded and hateful opinion of OUR club and OUR supporters

The important thing is that a so called "manager" who was so great he was in the wilderness for 2 years, has failed to get a very talented squad playing to anything like their true potential

Blame the fans and banners and songs for failing to beat the likes of QPR, throwing away 2 goal leads, even failing to beat a league 1 side and struggle against a team whos season hasnt even started yet

Thats tactical genuis that is and yes Roman is to blame, but hey he owns the club!

Mick McCarthy is free at the moment now that I think of it , sure lets go the whole hog

Roy Keane where you at ?

Terry/Lamps player managers for the rest of the season , jesus the place would go into meltdown , would be classic !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Anybody who refers to the collective fan base of Chelsea FC as "scum" or other derogatory term will be out of this forum.

Insignificant comments by an insignificant man. My initial thought was he had been told by the powers that be the extra 12 month option was not going to be taken up by the club and he let vent his feelings. Still think that is the case.

For what it is worth I would be surprised if Jose is back next season not sure our beloved RA does repeats so I don't think it will be a disaster at all if he does not come.

And for the person that said we have an ageing squad take your head out of the Sun and have a look at the team. A lot of years left in Cesar, Moses, Akers, Cahill, Sideshow, Ryan, Oscar, Hazard, Mata, Obi, Josh, Piazon, Courtois, De Bruyne, Lukaku, PvA, Oriol, Chalobah, Kalas & Wallace. A good manager will make hay with that lot in years to come

• Advertisement

Mick McCarthy is free at the moment now that I think of it , sure lets go the whole hog

Roy Keane where you at ?

Terry/Lamps player managers for the rest of the season , jesus the place would go into meltdown , would be classic !

Mick is at Ipswich. I think even he wouldn't take the Chelsea job now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Whatever about the merits of Benitez's management skills, how Abramovich or his advisers didn't see this sh*tstorm coming is unbelievable.

The appointment of Benitez was a ridiculous decision - not because of his management skills but because this scenario was always probable.

Very difficult to run a successful club when the fans (and some players perhaps?) are not on board at all with the manager. Complete disunity at the club and we all saw it coming.

The 'interim manager' post adds to the instability also.

Shocking management of his club by Roman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

So much to be happy about in there, how's Brendan doing, well after taking over from Kenny, who took over from Roy!.
    You know a bit about managerial rounabouts these days.:D
    History is what your club is built on, something chelsea are trying to do this last number of years but are ruining it for themselves, and class, well thats where CFC are falling down big time, thats one thing CFC will never have, for a club to constantly worship JT says it all and the handling of managers is a joke.
    Class is what other people think, I'm not overly bothered what non-cfc supporers think of the club. I regard JT as a footballer, I couldn't care less about him as an individual!
    We're making history, history is history, its in the past, best dwell a bit more on the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Storm in a tea cup. This has been blown way out of proportion it wasn't an attack on fans nor was it heated. Think what he generally was trying to say was it's not about him it's about the club and to that he had a fair point. I actually kind of feel for the guy. He should have shown better judgement though it's 100% his own fault he replaced an extremely popular former player who won the first champions league for the club and the only way he was going to get the fans on side was by showing it on the pitch which sadly for him things only got worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Always love that "no History" insult.

Formed in 1905 - go figure!

Just saw a tweet there, John Terry down from 50/1 to 16/1 in the last few minutes.

I speak in all seriousness when I say it wouldn't be the worst decision at this moment in time. Chelsea should have the players to get 4th, but they need unity, and all this drama to pass. Terry would bring that on a short term basis at the very least.

Some may laugh at me to suggest it but at this moment CFC is in crisis and something needs to be done.

It's going to be difficult for Rafa to continue after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

No you won't. One week ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Well at least my fear of him being there next season won't come to fruition. All that rant is going to achieve is drumming up the anti-Benitez feeling amongst the fans even more.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Storm in a tea cup. This has been blown way out of proportion it wasn't an attack on fans nor was it heated. Think what he generally was trying to say was it's not about him it's about the club and to that he had a fair point. I actually kind of feel for the guy. He should have shown better judgement though it's 100% his own fault he replaced an extremely popular former player who won the first champions league for the club and the only way he was going to get the fans on side was by showing it on the pitch which sadly for him things only got worse.

Often these things get blown out of proportion. Today I don't think so.

The fans already hate him. What are they going to say after this? What are the more level-headed fans going to say? We'll see more turning on him imo.

What might Terry think of the comments?

It's a full blown sh*tstorm imo, and it's not in a teacup

It was a shocking appointment ,

Who ever sanctioned it or advised towards should also be shown the door ,

RA needs to loosen his grip on footballing matters or just appoint himself to a position in the club , other than that his shadow will be constantly undermining whoever is in charge of the Club / Team

Look how Steve Keen handled his situation at Blackburn , and now look at how Rafa has handled his ,

I dont ever see him back in this league again managing and really dont expect him to manage another game for Chelsea.

Morzadec wrote: »
    Whatever about the merits of Benitez's management skills, how Abramovich or his advisers didn't see this sh*tstorm coming is unbelievable.

The appointment of Benitez was a ridiculous decision - not because of his management skills but because this scenario was always probable.

Very difficult to run a successful club when the fans (and some players perhaps?) are not on board at all with the manager. Complete disunity at the club and we all saw it coming.

The 'interim manager' post adds to the instability also.

Shocking management of his club by Roman.

You do have to wonder that, still think it was MrE. He was coaching a ladies team in the US or some such when our interim was at Liverpool and he would perhaps not have known the dislike he was held in. I can only assume he looked at the record on paper and convinced RA to ditch RDM. Fully agree a totally ridiculous decision which RA must shoulder the blame.

I posted a few days ago that in the summer MrE, our interim and the board should go and have a fresh start next season, still think that's a good idea

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement