Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I genuinely hope Chelsea finally officially appoint John Terry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Morzadec wrote: »

It's going to be difficult for Rafa to continue after that.

True, how can he walk out of the tunnel at SB and expect anything but booing now!
    If those booing didnt have a reason before, I expect they feel they will have one now + some new recruits!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Just saw a tweet there, John Terry down from 50/1 to 16/1 in the last few minutes.

I speak in all seriousness when I say it wouldn't be the worst decision at this moment in time. Chelsea should have the players to get 4th, but they need unity, and all this drama to pass. Terry would bring that on a short term basis at the very least.

Some may laugh at me to suggest it but at this moment CFC is in crisis and something needs to be done.

It's going to be difficult for Rafa to continue after that.

AFAIK he laughed at a press conference after all the accusations last year and responded by saying he didn't have any coaching badges so I don't think that would be an option.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

amiable wrote: »
    I genuinely hope Chelsea finally officially appoint John Terry

Him and Lamps , I would love it

Player manager extraordinaires,

30 years at the helm sweeping all before them :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

greendom wrote: »
    i'm no huge fan of Rafa but I think he was on a hiding to nothing - appointed on an interim basis with antagonistic home support and with the problem that faced AVB still present - the older players with too much sway ruling the roost.

He knew what he was getting into. Plus he was desperate for a job and Chelsea could have relaunched his career
    He gambled and lost and underestimated the support, who had made it clear long before he was actually appointed (When Roman dithered over appointing RDM in the first place back in the summer)

And the old players DONT rule the roost. Theres only Lamps and JT left really!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

He knew what he was getting into. Plus he was desperate for a job and Chelsea could have relaunched his career
    He gambled and lost and underestimated the support, who had made it clear long before he was actually appointed (When Roman dithered over appointing RDM in the first place back in the summer)

That particular chap has been peddling the JT was the real manager not RDM for sometime. He seems to think a player encouraging his team mates from the sideline is super ceding the manager and has never happened anywhere only by JT. I am not sure he really has seen a game live though he did try some willy waving a few weeks ago about the amount of times he has been to the Bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

AFAIK he laughed at a press conference after all the accusations last year and responded by saying he didn't have any coaching badges so I don't think that would be an option.

Yeah to be honest not John Terry, it's a fairly ridiculous idea, but someone who the fans can get behind and unite the club.

Maybe Roberto de Ma... oh wait... :pac:

I don't know, Ray Wilkins, Dennis Wise, someone who knows and loves the club, who the fans will support to try to restore some unity and stability at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

JT and Lamps seem to be resting themselves quite a bit for guys with so much input,
    Perhaps they should manage the team as they no qualms substituting themselves either:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Benitez was brought in to get Torres scoring again. He hasn't done it.

Benitez was brought in to ingrain a culture of an elegant passing game. He hasn't done it.

Benitez was brought in to create teams that mesmerized and confounded with relentless possession football. He hasn't done it.

Benitez was brought in to assure Chelsea of Champions League football. He hasn't done it.

It's not just that Rafa hasn't done these things; we are now further away from any of these ambitions than before he arrived. And this is the fault of...songs from the terrace? How old is Benitez? Twelve?

From the side that won the Champions League, only Drogba was a notable loss. In has come Hazard (a superb player), Mata (a superb player) and Oscar (a superb player). He has the players at his disposal to achieve anything. That he can't is not down to terrace ditties.

For those of us with longer memories, we remember what was said when Ranieri was given the boot. There were signs in the terraces saying "Bring back Tinkerman". Mourinho was awaited with interest, but a degree of scepticism. Outside the club, it was said, with absolute conviction that Chelsea would not - could not - win the league because you can't buy a league title. That requires team spirit, tactical sophistication, everyone understanding their roles etc., etc., etc.

Mourinho somehow managed to get over those hurdles and deliver. As did Ancelotti. As did Hiddink. As did Di Matteo.

There's a whole lot of ABCs piling on here because Benitez told them what they wanted to hear. That it's not relevant to Benitez's rank failure is a mere detail.

There have been plenty of Chelsea fans who've been willing to give Benitez time to make an impression. He has. It's a shíte one. Time to go. He plainly wants to create a situation where he can make an even earlier exit than planned and get paid for the full season. Fine. Get Wilkins or whoever in till the end of the season. I guarantee you they'll do a better job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Whatever about the merits of Benitez's management skills, how Abramovich or his advisers didn't see this sh*tstorm coming is unbelievable.

The appointment of Benitez was a ridiculous decision - not because of his management skills but because this scenario was always probable.

Very difficult to run a successful club when the fans (and some players perhaps?) are not on board at all with the manager. Complete disunity at the club and we all saw it coming.

The 'interim manager' post adds to the instability also.

Shocking management of his club by Roman.

This is one of the few sensible posts on the topic before.

As a Liverpool fan, I have immense respect and time for Rafa and I think it is very sad to see how is being disrespected by a subset of the Chelsea fans.

The cup match a few weeks ago where the fans sang "you aren't wanted here" at the top of their lungs for an extended period at half time was close to surreal. IIRC, they also booed Torres during that match - apparently due to his association with Rafa. Finally, the rumour that he was booed at a kids/youth team event last week is just insane.

All that would be understandable if it followed an event other than just being appointed.

It sets a very sad precedence for the club and along with how other managers have been discarded by Roman, you would wonder whether a top manager would be willing to risk their career by going to Chelsea - despite the funds and players available. Madness altogether.

What are Chelsea fans views on AVB now out of curiosity?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Duck Soup wrote: »

Benitez was brought in to ingrain a culture of an elegant passing game. He hasn't done it.

Benitez was brought in to create teams that mesmerized and confounded with relentless possession football. He hasn't done it.

Benitez was brought in to assure Chelsea of Champions League football. He hasn't done it.

It's not just that Rafa hasn't done these things; we are now further away from any of these ambitions than before he arrived. And this is the fault of...songs from the terrace? How old is Benitez? Twelve?

From the side that won the Champions League, only Drogba was a notable loss. In has come Hazard (a superb player), Mata (a superb player) and Oscar (a superb player). He has the players at his disposal to achieve anything. That he can't is not down to terrace ditties.

For those of us with longer memories, we remember what was said when Ranieri was given the boot. There were signs in the terraces saying "Bring back Tinkerman". Mourinho was awaited with interest, but a degree of scepticism. Outside the club, it was said, with absolute conviction that Chelsea would not - could not - win the league because you can't buy a league title. That requires team spirit, tactical sophistication, everyone understanding their roles etc., etc., etc.

Mourinho somehow managed to get over those hurdles and deliver. As did Ancelotti. As did Hiddink. As did Di Matteo.

There's a whole lot of ABCs piling on here because Benitez told them what they wanted to hear. That it's not relevant to Benitez's rank failure is a mere detail.

There have been plenty of Chelsea fans who've been willing to give Benitez time to make an impression. He has. It's a shíte one. Time to go. He plainly wants to create a situation where he can make an even earlier exit than planned and get paid for the full season. Fine. Get Wilkins or whoever in till the end of the season. I guarantee you they'll do a better job.

Who ever said that? The council of clichés?

I don't know duck think he did that bit well, confused me at any rate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

ok the players don't rule the roost - just Terry and lamps. I think Rafa's major error was in not realising how petty supporters can be.

So our interim had a problem with being an interim, good tweet by the legend that is Frank Sinclair (not many players goal celebrations include dropping your shorts) RDM was a caretaker, interim call him what you will. Never once complained about the term or the title just got busy winning things.

Duck Soup said it what age is our interim 12?

Mind you the legend that is Frank Sinclair also wants Paulo Di Canio take over now
    can't see the powers that be going that far would be interesting to say the least though.

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Who ever said that? The council of clichés?

First time I heard it was on MOTD, which may well be the very definition of the council of clichés. Can't remember whether it was Alan "You can't win anything with kids" Hansen or Mark "My cat's got a better record with title predictions" Lawrenson.

But it was also the common currency from friends of mine who supported United, Arsenal, Liverpool etc. Chelsea weren't going to win squat, because we were going to have a team of expensive misfits.

Funny thing was, as soon as we did win the Premiership, we "bought the title". Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

ok the players don't rule the roost - just Terry and lamps. I think Rafa's major error was in not realising how petty supporters can be.

Do you just have a load of stuff you just cut and paste? lamps has let it be known he wants a new contract almost begged for one I am surprised he didn't just change the dates on his current one and print again if he has so much power.

Our interim knew exactly how the majority of Chelsea supporters felt about him, when AVB was sacked last season there was talk of him coming then. There were protests and banners at Stamford Bridge over such rumor's.

He was desperate to try and kick start a failed career so he took a chance, I actually have no issue with him for that you can only blame RA there and whatever fool talked him into it (hope it was MrE that would be the end of him as well).

So why not disappear back into your history books there are getting very dusty at this stage. Oh and speaking of history what year did Chelsea win their first European trophy? Who were the first English team to qualify for the European Cup (though they did not participate they were invited to as English champions)?

Do you just have a load of stuff you just cut and paste? lamps has let it be known he wants a new contract almost begged for one I am surprised he didn't just change the dates on his current one and print again if he has so much power.

Our interim knew exactly how the majority of Chelsea supporters felt about him, when AVB was sacked last season there was talk of him coming then. There were protests and banners at Stamford Bridge over such rumor's.

He was desperate to try and kick start a failed career so he took a chance, I actually have no issue with him for that you can only blame RA there and whatever fool talked him into it (hope it was MrE that would be the end of him as well).

So why not disappear back into your history books there are getting very dusty at this stage. Oh and speaking of history what year did Chelsea win their first European trophy? Who were the first English team to qualify for the European Cup (though they did not participate they were invited to as English champions)?

If he'd known what the supporters were going to be so pathetic with their reaction to him, I doubt he'd have come.

As to the second half of your rant, I'm not sure what that has to do with anything ? I must admit Chelsea do fascinate me- RA and the money - some of the great players you have bought that I'd wish had come to Arsenal. The constant changing of managers. Better than any soap opera. I doun't think I'll be leaving this thread anytime soon :)

If he'd known what the supporters were going to be so pathetic with their reaction to him, I doubt he'd have come. As to the second half of your rant, I'm not sure what that has to do with anything ?

No you don't greendom address the Lamp's contract issue you make a totally unfounded statement that Lamps and JT rule the roost. You are given an absolutely clear example of how this is total BS.

Man up if you make a statement prove it, I have shown you why your post is BS prove me wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

What are Chelsea fans views on AVB now out of curiosity?

I never wanted him sacked in the 1st place, he could easily go onto great things but he wasnt given the time he deserved really, I rated him then and still do a better manager then RDM but RDM has the UCL and FA cup on his C.V. from that season, RDM is a Chelsea legend and he shouldnt have got sacked in the way he did but Roman and the board, the axe usually falls at will.

I said it when he became Spurs manager that he would come back to haunt us and at the moment hes doing that, Spurs at the moment are on course for a top 4 finish and bar an Arsenal miracle no team will rob them of UCL football this season.

He seems to be having problems with a small minority of the Spurs squad but its not as widely reported as it makes better headlines if it invovles Chelsea and people like JT, Lamps, Cole.

• Advertisement

No you don't greendom address the Lamp's contract issue you make a totally unfounded statement that Lamps and JT rule the roost. You are given an absolutely clear example of how this is total BS.

Man up if you make a statement prove it, I have shown you why your post is BS prove me wrong.

So Lamps and JT had absolutely nothing to do with the removal of AVB last year ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Im blaming my receding hairline on the Farce that is Chelsea fc. :mad:

So Lamps and JT had absolutely nothing to do with the removal of AVB last year ?

I don't know I am not privvy to the inner working's of RA or the Chelsea board, as I suspect you do not as well. Are you suggesting that lamps and JT went to RA and requested / demanded he sack AVB,.

It would appear that Lamps did not get on with AVB fine not everyone likes everyone. IF that was the case then RA had a choice back his manager or not, he decided not to back his manager. Like Gav I was disappointed and surprised that AVB got the bullet and I do believe he will become a great manager.

So greendom when are you going to man up and furnish proof that JT and Lamps run Chelsea?

S28382 wrote: »

What else has the Roman done for you????? :D

Write up a strongly worded E-mail and send it off, bill the club, see what they say. :pac:

What else has the Roman done for you????? :D

He has given my 10yr old son ammunition to take mick out of me whenever things go wrong at the club im getting bullied by a 10yr old :eek:

• Advertisement

So in relation to AVB's sacking, we've gone from players "ruling the roost" to having "something to do with it". Presumably the next stop is "didn't sign his Good Luck In Your New Job card".

Some, ahem, non-Chelsea fans are just piling in here to roll out the hoary old chestnuts about Chelski, no history, disgraceful plastic fans etc., etc. Personally, I wonder what these people were doing when I was standing in The Shed 20 times every year in the old Second Division watching us lose most weeks. Either they weren't even born then or were watching Liverpool or Arsenal or whoever was top that year from the comfort of their living room is my guess.

But let me explain to you why this whole 'Rafa never stood a chance' bollox annoys Chelsea fans so much. Chelsea fans themselves don't like the continual changing of managers. Many were happy with Ranieri and didn't see the need for change. Jose came in and took the place by storm. Nobody wanted him to leave and most Chelsea fans would love to see him back. Hiddink came in as an interim manager while simultaneously holding down the Russian national team job. They were all but begging him to stay by the time he'd finished his stint. Ancelotti had the proverbial big boots to fill - and had the disappointment of Hiddink's departure to deal with - and brought us the first Double in our horrible, terrible plastic history.

Even RDM, let it be remembered, was a much-loved player who was greeted with a general reaction of "Great Chelsea player; but doesn't have much of a managerial track record". But you know what? He won the fans over. With results and the biggest trophy of them all.

Point is, Chelsea fans are the ones who are most annoyed by the managerial merry-go-round. Chelsea fans have shown a willingness to give new managers a chance. Chelsea fans are a lot more aware than non-Chelsea fans of the fact that the constant hirings and firings are creating a situation where any decent manager worth a spit would now think very long and hard before taking up a position in a club where there's been 9 managers in 10 years.

Rafa's been given a chance. Torres has been indulged for a long, long time and the goodwill has only started to dissipate since he decided to pout and sleepwalk his way through games.

Abramovich has made the calls on comings and goings. You take his money, you accept his increasingly capricious decisions. Unpalatable but unavoidable.

He has given my 10yr old son ammunition to take mick out of me whenever things go wrong at the club im getting bullied by a 10yr old :eek:

Can't do much there 10 year old's can be so cutting.

I feel your pain though on the receding hair line

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0DT0H8Pvks

So in relation to AVB's sacking, we've gone from players "ruling the roost" to having "something to do with it". Presumably the next stop is "didn't sign his Good Luck In Your New Job card".

This is not a court of law ffs, it's an internet chat forum. I would think a bit of poetic licence is permitted here, no ?

So greendom when are you going to man up and furnish proof that JT and Lamps run Chelsea?

Where did I say I had proof - I'm just watching from the sidelines and posting my opinion - that's what chat forums are designed for isn't it ?

Where did I say I had proof - I'm just watching from the sidelines and posting my opinion - that's what chat forums are designed for isn't it ?

Oh so now it is your opinion so my calling it BS was correct then good for that clarity then.

I have no problem with opinion, this is as you point out a chat forum but if it is opinion say so don't pretend it is fact to try and get a rise out of people.

And for what I would say most Chelsea fans think of the situation have a look at Duck Soup's post sums it up very well for me.

• Advertisement

Anyways our interim is yesterday's man for pure idle gossip if he were to leave today who should take over until the second coming (or the first coming if the second coming does not happen)?

If we want players to be scared of the manager then the legend that is Frank Sinclair may have a point, I would be scared of Di Canio that actually would be mad. As it has been such a miserable few months on the managerial side a bit of fun till the end of the season would be fun.

There is also a German manager in Italy stepping down today, bit of devine intervention could be good?

Oh so now it is your opinion so my calling it BS was correct then good for that clarity then.

I have no problem with opinion, this is as you point out a chat forum but if it is opinion say so don't pretend it is fact to try and get a rise out of people.

And for what I would say most Chelsea fans think of the situation have a look at Duck Soup's post sums it up very well for me.

Where did I say it was fact ?

Only someone very naive would believe that the Chelsea dressing room has not had a big say on the changes that have happened over the last few years.

I would even guess they had a say in getting Jose out the first time.

Why are people moaning that non Chelsea fans are ''piling in here''?
    It's an open forum and Chelsea have made all the back pages.
    What do people expect? Sure lets not talk about it and stick our heads in the sand and pretend it's not happening.

If you want the Shed go post. I suspect some are scared to.

Saturday at the Bruidge should be, lets just say interesting. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Only someone very naive would believe that the Chelsea dressing room has not had a big say on the changes that have happened over the last few years.

I would even guess they had a say in getting Jose out the first time.

Liverpool- Carragher & Gerrard rule the roost over there.

Real Marid - Casillas Ramos & Alonso run to the press & president when they arent playing.

Barcelona- Only read yesterday that the reason Messi doesn't get rested is because he doesn't talk to the manager when he gets dropped.

Man United- Ferguson has stated that he had to ask the senior players if it would ruffle any feathers if RVP was bought.

Chelsea- Drogba, Cech, Terry & Lamps all have/had a big influence on what happens in the club, which is only right they are the senior players.

Every club has senior players that call the shot or need to be consulted, but the fact that it's the new in thing to hate Chelsea means that our club is the only one to be called out for it.

For the record, I actually agree with what Benitez said last night. He never had a chance from the first minute, but to be fair he hasn't helped himself with the way the results have been going under him.

The Chelsea board should have known it was never going to work out, it's them that need to shoulder the blame. Everyone likes to throw the stick at RA but IMO its his so called advisors (Emenalo) that are at fault.

Hopefully now that Benitez has confirmed he'll be leaving at the end of the season that the supporters will just get behind the team for the remaining games. Somehow I don't see that happening though.

Why are people moaning that non Chelsea fans are ''piling in here''?
    It's an open forum and Chelsea have made all the back pages.
    What do people expect? Sure lets not talk about it and stick our heads in the sand and pretend it's not happening.

If you want the Shed go post. I suspect some are scared to.

If you are talking of the Shed on the Chelsea web site what is scary about posting there do it all the tine, fine rational people.

Rafa will get a backlash for this, not that he should care really.

It could easily be the most vocal the support has ever been agaisnt him but it shoudlnt be, as mentioned the fans should just support the team and cheer them on.

We know Rafa is gone in the summer, that should ease any fears that he'll be here for the long term.

Iv said it before and ill say it again, RA to go - some rich sensible sheik to come in, Benitez to go - Jurgen Klopp to come in and all will be well in the land of Chelsea FC. :cool:

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Liverpool- Carragher & Gerrard rule the roost over there.

Real Marid - Casillas Ramos & Alonso run to the press & president when they arent playing.

Barcelona- Only read yesterday that the reason Messi doesn't get rested is because he doesn't talk to the manager when he gets dropped.

Man United- Ferguson has stated that he had to ask the senior players if it would ruffle any feathers if RVP was bought.

Chelsea- Drogba, Cech, Terry & Lamps all have/had a big influence on what happens in the club, which is only right they are the senior players.

Every club has senior players that call the shot or need to be consulted, but the fact that it's the new in thing to hate Chelsea means that our club is the only one to be called out for it.

For the record, I actually agree with what Benitez said last night. He never had a chance from the first minute, but to be fair he hasn't helped himself with the way the results have been going under him.

The Chelsea board should have known it was never going to work out, it's them that need to shoulder the blame. Everyone likes to throw the stick at RA but IMO its his so called advisors (Emenalo) that are at fault.

Hopefully now that Benitez has confirmed he'll be leaving at the end of the season that the supporters will just get behind the team for the remaining games. Somehow I don't see that happening though.
    My point stands. I know players have an influence at clubs like you pointed out.
    My point was aimed at those looking for proof of this and I still think those that suggest otherwise are being either naive or untruthful.

The other thing to take from that list that apart from Liverpool the other clubs you mentioned are in a much stronger position right now.

Seperately on RVP and United, that could have been a masterstroke by Fergie if he did do that. It's like something I do with my kids. Make them feel like they've decided to do or chose something.
    After what happened to Beckham, Stam and several others we can be left in no doubt that Fergie rules the roost at Man United

• Advertisement

Iv said it before and ill say it again, RA to go - some rich sensible sheik to come in, Benitez to go - Jurgen Klopp to come in and all will be well in the land of Chelsea FC. :cool:

If only everything were that easy.

I'd love to see the fans who hate Rafa at least admit that the behaviour by the fans has not helped the club.

If you are talking of the Shed on the Chelsea web site what is scary about posting there do it all the tine, fine rational people.

The Shed, Red Cafe and RAWK are generally not the place to go for sensible posting IMO

Its not always that easy, we've literally struck gold with Roman, forever thing we've won and the success and players hes brought hes managed to nearly fill a dump with the aomunt of players, managers, wages and payouts hes got rid of in those years, some more justified then others and some should have never happened.

City seem to have sensible owners but again its a minority really.
    If only everything were that easy.

I'd love to see the fans who hate Rafa at least admit that the behaviour by the fans has not helped the club.

I dont hate Rafa but I will admit the fans arent helping the club and players in general perform, that kind of atmosphere coming from the stands most be counter productive for the players which in turn effects the club which will in effect annoy the fans if we dont get top 4 and we're back to square 1, 3rd year in a row that we're meant to be in transisation.

I pity the next guy coming in dreaming of turning us around only to be shafted months down the line.

I've match Saturday so I'm going to miss the WBA game, all I can say is if I was Rafa I'd be doing everything to win that game.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Is he gone yet ???

The fans have being supporting the team, they have not supported rafa so he blames them on all the mistakes he has made

The man is a joke, hopelly he will be gone by the end of the day

The Shed, Red Cafe and RAWK are generally not the place to go for sensible posting IMO

Never been on the red cafe or RAWK but again you are mistaken preferring to classify all who post on the Shed as not sensible. Again no answer to a question just bluff why would anyone be scared to post on the shed?

Here are 2 from today seem sensible to me

He can see the results of his tenure are very bad and getting worse so he came up with HIS reasons why:
    1. It's the fans
    2. It's the Board
    This will be his story and he will stick to it. He has no capacity to look at himself and take responsibility for his actions and behaviour. The only surprise is that he did not also blame the players.

Benitez is an experienced manager and is not an idiot, as much as people want to believe he is.

However, he is the physical manifestation of the aspects of our club that are wrong. He represents a board that is incapable of making decisions designed to be part of a long term strategy / vision, a board that places too much importance on the short-term, a board that is influenced unduly by figures who seemingly do not fit into a coherent structure, a board that is out of touch with the realities of what is required to create sustained and sustainable success and a board that is disrespectful to those that have helped create its past and shape its future (both fans, players and managers alike).

Venting against Benitez, in my opinion, is a way for us fans to challenge the board and to highlight the obvious deficiencies that exist at the top of the club. Unfortunately for Benitez, he is the physical manifestation of all the intangible above and this is the biggest reason why I want him gone (over and above any other factor).

Is he gone yet ???

The fans have being supporting the team, they have not supported rafa so he blames them on all the mistakes he has made

The man is a joke, hopelly he will be gone by the end of the day
    Yes the fans have behaved honourably since his arrival. Keep telling yourself that.

There's only about 10,11 weeks left in the season, let him get on with it, get us 4th and he can ride off into the sunset, if he maanges to win the FA cup or EL then that would be excellent but its not a priority, top 4 is.

There is nobody really that can replace him for the those few weeks, none of the current staff are up to it and I'm sure none of them have the correct UEFA license to do so either.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

My point stands. I know players have an influence at clubs like you pointed out.
    My point was aimed at those looking for proof of this and I still think those that suggest otherwise are being either naive or untruthful.

The other thing to take from that list that apart from Liverpool the other clubs you mentioned are in a much stronger position right now.

Seperately on RVP and United, that could have been a masterstroke by Fergie if he did do that. It's like something I do with my kids. Make them feel like they've decided to do or chose something.After what happened to Beckham, Stam and several others we can be left in no doubt that Fergie rules the roost at Man United

By any chance, do they follow Liverpool

• Advertisement

Never been on the red cafe or RAWK but again you are mistaken preferring to classify all who post on the Shed as not sensible. Again no answer to a question just bluff why would anyone be scared to post on the shed?

Point me to where I said all.
    If I went through enough of your posts I'd find a few sensible ones too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement