Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I wonder was Roman putting all his eggs in the Pep basket, now that hes decided to go to Bayern we're either stuck with Rafa or we'll pursue Jose IMO.

Melion wrote: »
    Jose returning would ruin Mata, Hazard etc IMO

I wouldnt say ruin, they might be asked to contribute more to the overall game plan, especially the defensive side but with an attacking team like ours keeping the ball and attacking is our best defence at the moment, we dont look comfortable until we're 3 or 4 up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Carlo came close to doing a Jose but was turfed out on the back of a League and Cup double.

Roman mustsurely realie his best chance of success now that Pep is going to Munich, lies with Jose, problem with that is Jose will come back under his terms, which will probably be better for the club as a whole but will Roman be willing to hand over so much control to Jose?

Hopefully so.

Absolutely Jose will only come back under his terms and yea think that would be in the best interests of the club, will it happen seriously I doubt it.

When Saints pegged it back to 2-1 last night with a misfiring midfield a blind man could see that Luiz should have been pushed forward to bolster it and JT brought on to steel the defence. I am only a fan (abet one of long standing) this was obvious to me how it escaped the attention of a tactical genius is way beyond me.

We have to beat Arsenal on Sunday if not I think we will go into freefall and even a CL place will be beyond us.

The root of our problems at present is RA, by and large the straw that broke the camels back was sacking Carlo and in the manner it was done (total disgrace brought shame on the club). He lost the spine of a team that won a double over the summer nowt was replaced until way too late. This was RA's fault but Carlo carried the can, we really have become poison for the very best managers I hope RA see's that with Pepe's decision to go to Munich.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Jose returning could be an utter disaster imo. This can't be the only option.

I think the only other option is someone like Mazzarri or Simone who are potentially excellent but as yet good but unproven managers. Forget Klopp he seems intelligent he will not leave Dortmund for us, they are a stable club, regular crowds of around 80,000 German champions have won the European cup in their time, comfortable winners of the hardest champions league group this season.

Why will he leave that to join us I dont think he would be short of a few bob!

Who ever it is we need to get our respect back they need to be given the time to do a job and to restore our reputation.

While RDM was never going to be our long term manager, sacking him months after one of the most succesful period in the clubs history left a bitter taste in the mouth and it filtered down throughout the club right on to the fans.

Couple that with Lamps and Cole both seemingly been left go and Rafa been hired, the fans have turned on certain individuals and of course the root of the cause is Roman.

It could cost us this season, morale must be fairly low at the moment as we havent had enough home success and we were so toothless in the UCL.

• Advertisement

Who ever it is we need to get our respect back they need to be given the time to do a job and to restore our reputation.

We've heard it all before though, AVB was meant to be that man and he was turfed out too early, RDM didnt get the time he should have got for his success and now we're back to square one, back to 2010 when Carlo was turfed out.

We've heard it all before though, AVB was meant to be that man and he was turfed out too early, RDM didnt get the time he should have got for his success and now we're back to square one, back to 2010 when Carlo was turfed out.

That sadly is the case except I would argue we are in a worse position reputation wise, but that is a moot point really. Ah bugger it will actually have to do some work to put it out of my mind :eek:

I agree, people now expect us to sack a manager after a run of bad results even if we're still in contention across the board.

The clubs reputation is on tender hooks at the best of time and the revolving door policy on managers isnt helping.

I'd love for Roman to sit back and do f**k all with these mini blips that the teams have but we all know it wont happen, no matter who the manager is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

just wondering whether anyone has heard any of the chelsea podcasts that are around at the moment

there's the chels which is run by phil daniels and friends , turns out quite a bit of the quadraphenia boys are chelsea fans http://playbackmedia.co.uk/the-chels-the-chelsea-podcast-with-phil-daniels/

and also a fan cast from a pub in london
    http://chelseafancast.com/

does anyone know of any other podcats ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Melion wrote: »
    Jose returning would ruin Mata, Hazard etc IMO

I disagree, look at the way Di Maria Ronaldo & Ozil play, they are all flourishing under Mourinho.

The one thing you know you would get with Mourinho is stability. He makes sure everyone puts in a shift defensively. One thing that I loved about Jose was that he's not afraid to make changes, if after 25 mins something isn't right he'll take a player off, Rafa seems to think your only allowed to make a sub after the 70 min mark.

Also if anyone seen the comments of Guardiola's agent, he said that Pep agreed to go to Bayern in December. So obviously the Chelsea board and Roman were aware of this. the way some people are reacting you'd swear it was a shock to the system for Roman that Pep won't be joining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

My first post since before the games last night. I didnt want to post last night because id sound like the monkey if i did. But iv calmed down now and taught about every thing club related and i have t agree with a lot of the posts on boards. That being said there is more than one problem with the club and its not just Rafa being a terrible manager IMO.

I dont agree with booing any of the players or managers or Roman but i have to say if i was at the bridge last night i would have been escourted out of the bridge by security.
    Why the fook did Rafa not take of Oscar on the 60min and bring on JT. Move Luiz in beside Lampard and that would have fixed our midfield and our defence. We were terrible at defending last night, pure rubish. Oscar was a passenger, Ramires we terrible and Lampard and Mata all played too deep near the end of the game. Rafa throws on a terrible Torres to play long ball for 20mins rubish football rubish tactics rubish substitutions rubish performance.

Some fans say its up to the players on the pitch to play their heart and soul out but i dont totally agree with that. Some times people need a push and if they dont perform on the pitch they have to come off so for that reason the manager is at fault IMO.

If Roman wants to play attacking football we need an attacking coach and not Mourinho.
    We need an attacking spine in our club and not only in our squad. Is this Emenalo? I dont think so. As some one mentioned in a previous post we need some one like Hiddink who has earned respect and gained expeirence and also friendship with Roman. We need some sort of philosophy like dutch/Brazilian/Spanish to be bread into the club from top to bottom all in the same mold.

I honestly think we would be better off dropping out of the top four for a season or two and give a manager time to build a squad and hold on to him for a while. But this manager should be proven and suit the philosopy we chose i.e Dutch/Brazilain etc. Take a step back and look at all the wrong steps we took and were we want to be heading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Had to laugh at Lampard's reaction at being subbed - the guy obviously thinks he can't be touched. Reminds me of the build-up to the Champions League final last year where they were interviewing the Chelsea players, just a bit of a laugh - picking a name out of the hat and saying one good and bad thing about them. Lampard picked out Di Matteo's name and goes "picks me not like the other fella".

Actually found it here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4_O3UidStI. 1:18 in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

RIP Chelsea FC .

Conference in 5 years time.

Renn wrote: »

Actually found it here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4_O3UidStI. 1:18 in.

After watching that video I came across this one, really funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

I'm an Arsenal fan, but I find it difficult to reconcile the apocalyptic talk here from Chelsea fans, with the performances Chelsea put in against Everton and Stoke away.

Is it too simplistic to say that the poisonous atmosphere being generated by Chelsea fans in Stamford Bridge is affecting Chelsea?

meriwether wrote: »
    I'm an Arsenal fan, but I find it difficult to reconcile the apocalyptic talk here from Chelsea fans, with the performances Chelsea put in against Everton and Stoke away.

Is it too simplistic to say that the poisonous atmosphere being generated by Chelsea fans in Stamford Bridge is affecting Chelsea?

According to the commentator when watchning the match last night all the booing was coming from the Southampton fans for Torres and our own fans boo'd Rafa when the final whistle blew. I cant blame the fans for boo'ing at the final whistle but we are not playing poor because of boo's. The boo's come from poor displays not the other way around.

meriwether wrote: »

My take on it is that the players don't take the so called easier games seriuosly, our record against the teams around us is pretty good, we're winning the hard ones & not gettin the results from the fixtures we should be expecting wins from.

what a day wrote: »
    According to the commentator when watchning the match last night all the booing was coming from the Southampton fans for Torres and our own fans boo'd Rafa when the final whistle blew. I cant blame the fans for boo'ing at the final whistle but we are not playing poor because of boo's. The boo's come from poor displays not the other way around.

When the stadium announcer called out Lampards name all the fans booed, then when he said Torres' name the fans booed again, I also remember them booing him when he missed a cahnce & when he put in a wasteful cross.

I don't agree with it but its hard to deny it happened. Also in fairness as Gav mentioned earlier about fans that are going to games week in week out, you can see how frustrating it can be for them. Torres has been a complete failure.

You could argue that Sturridge has had a better impact than Torres, but the fact that Nando came with a £50 million price tag, meant that Sturridge got the boot instead of Torres.

Caveman1 wrote: »
    When the stadium announcer called out Lampards name all the fans booed, then when he said Torres' name the fans booed again, I also remember them booing him when he missed a cahnce & when he put in a wasteful cross.

I don't agree with it but its hard to deny it happened. Also in fairness as Gav mentioned earlier about fans that are going to games week in week out, you can see how frustrating it can be for them. Torres has been a complete failure.

You could argue that Sturridge has had a better impact than Torres, but the fact that Nando came with a £50 million price tag, meant that Sturridge got the boot instead of Torres.

I agree, but no CFC fan is going to boo Lampard. If the fans boo'd then its because of the substitution and not Lampard himself. And i agree, if i was there id have went mental bringing Lamps off for Torres!! Crazy!

You point on Sturridge i totally agree with but the fact of their price tags does not make it right to sacrafice Sturridge. For me i would have lost Benched Torres and Started Sturridge up front untill we signed Ba and then id get rid of Torres.

Look at Barca with Ibrahimovic, Barca did not like some thing about Ibra and no matter the cost they got rid of him and cut their loses. Its like hanging on to an old girlfriend because you bought her expensive crap to keep her happy but deep down she is not right for you. Torres is that to us, no beating around the bush.

We need another defensive midfielder/Deep playmaker.
    We need to replace Torres with a good striker.
    We need a left footed wide right player to complament Hazard on the left.
    But most of all we need a manager that can get results every game. Our current coach has no excusses, we cannot be losing/drawing at home to QPR/Southampton etc.

Roman has to sit back and take stock of what we are doing year after year. Time for him to take another approach and appoint a top quality manager that suits what he wants (attacking football). Give him time and money, forget about thropys for a year or two and focus on building a team to challenge in the top 3 PL teams and build from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Roman holds forth on all that is happening at the Bridge right now.

I wonder if he is at all affected by the discontent from the fans?

He might feel that he saw it all before when Jose was sacked and since Chelsea went on to wins lots of trophies since then, he might just feel justified in ignoring it?

I agree, but no CFC fan is going to boo Lampard. If the fans boo'd then its because of the substitution and not Lampard himself. And i agree, if i was there id have went mental bringing Lamps off for Torres!! Crazy!

I didnt mean to make it sound like the fans were booing Lamps himself.

Although I was a bit annoyed at Lamps reaction to being subbed. He was useless last night he along with 3 or 4 others deserved to be taken off.

I agree to that Post regarding Roman, who knows what he thinks if he even thinks he is doing wrong. When you look at what he brought us he has every right to make these mistakes and im sure he will eventually click into a philosohy and style of play and he will continue to build us to be one of the best clubs in the world.

As for Lamps been taken off, i didnt agree with it TBH. Id rather us take off Oscar who disapeared and looked like an amature with his positioning.

Take off Oscar and bring on JT. Move JT to CB, Luis to DM and Ramires to RM.
    One sub could have changed the whole team and i was calling for it before we concedded our first goal!

Rafa said he didnt want to bring JT on because he taught we would be causght on the counter...........well guess what Rafa, we were caught on the counter because we had a rubish midfield and Luiz would have sorted that out with JT coming on not FOOKIN TORRES!!!!

Im looking for a manager that can motivate a team like Mourinho did but also play attacking football and will be able to get the best for a hugely tallented bunch of players we already have. Any suggestions lads?
    I honestly ran out of ideas on who we could hire.
    I like Rogers but he has sense and wont come back yet.
    I feel he has his own style simular to AVB but has also learned alot from Mourinho on man management and tactics.

I didnt mean to make it sound like the fans were booing Lamps himself.

Although I was a bit annoyed at Lamps reaction to being subbed. He was useless last night he along with 3 or 4 others deserved to be taken off.

This, Lamps was muck last night, bringing on a striker to try win the game was the right idea as Southampton were delighted with their 2 goals and a draw at that stage.

Many opthers could have been dragged off from what I seen and I watched the highlights on Sky so seen a decent amount of the 1st. What we need in CM is a guy that can pass the ball, put Luiz in there with a guy that can bring others into the game and we'll be doing well.

Thats why I dont think Fellaini is the answer right now, hes a good box to box player but hes not as creative a player that we currently need in there.

Were not going to get Modric but we need someone of his ilk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

This, Lamps was muck last night, bringing on a striker to try win the game was the right idea as Southampton were delighted with their 2 goals and a draw at that stage.

If we had two striker then we could have played with 2 but putting Torres on as a game changer is like conceding defeat at this stage. And I was delighted with Lamps' reaction to coming off - not disrespectful but showed he wanted to be on that pitch to change the game... There's not many of those in the team atm.

There's no point leaving on a player who for 70 odd mins wasnt good enough and is 34.

He was right to take off Lampard, in fact Ramires could have been whipped off too, and Azpilicueta also, just to name a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

There's no point leaving on a player who for 70 odd mins wasnt good enough and is 34.

He was right to take off Lampard, in fact Ramires could have been whipped off too, and Azpilicueta also, just to name a few.

I completely agree but bringing Torres on was not the way to go. And bringing him on to play kind of on the right wing with Cahill and Ba in the middle? Just all seemed a bit headless.

If we had two striker then we could have played with 2 but putting Torres on as a game changer is like conceding defeat at this stage. And I was delighted with Lamps' reaction to coming off - not disrespectful but showed he wanted to be on that pitch to change the game... There's not many of those in the team atm.

If he wanted to make a difference he should of done it in the first 70 mins, Lamps has been in form of late but he was brutal last night. He should of just ran off without making faces & let the team try get the winner.

Personally I think Lamps is trying too hard to hard to break the top scorer record, Ba had a great opportunity last night and Lampard took it off his toe, he wants to shoot rather than pick out the passes.

• Advertisement

Your right hobbit, was terrible by Rafa again.
    Hoof ball to Cahill and Ba for 20 mins while Torres played wide and Mata was deep in midfield.

We didnt have many options on the bench but when Torres came for Lampard i knew tha game was over.
    As i said already JT should have cam on for Oscar

Cech

Cahill
    Terry
    Azpilicueta
    Cole
    Luiz---Lampard

Ramires
    Mata
    Hazard----

Ba

Then we could only bring on Torres or/and Marin later.

Cech

Cahill
    Terry
    Azpilicueta
    Cole
    Luiz

Mata
    Hazard
    Marin

Ba
    Torres

So....win Sunday, Utd win and we're clear of 4th and 5th.

If only it was that easy, it's Rafas first really difficult home game since City so hoping we can get the job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

"Liike Dis Status if Yhuu Want Jose Mourinho 2 Manage Chelsea next Year

If you Dont Liike It Den He WiLl Die a VerY sLoW ND PaiNfUl deAth and e WiLl NEVA Be Able 2 manage Chelsea AGEN!!!!"

TheStook wrote: »
    "Liike Dis Status if Yhuu Want Jose Mourinho 2 Manage Chelsea next Year

If you Dont Liike It Den He WiLl Die a VerY sLoW ND PaiNfUl deAth and e WiLl NEVA Be Able 2 manage Chelsea AGEN!!!!"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDvmQIpgREZR7isAy5-koG1XGJU_hL0LPFKRa27abUaRJZk-0L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

If he wanted to make a difference he should of done it in the first 70 mins, Lamps has been in form of late but he was brutal last night. He should of just ran off without making faces & let the team try get the winner.

Personally I think Lamps is trying too hard to hard to break the top scorer record, Ba had a great opportunity last night and Lampard took it off his toe, he wants to shoot rather than pick out the passes.

Agree with Lampard trying to break the record too much. When Ba was on the hatrick he should have given him the penalty also in Ba first game with the club.

Hope they can win the weekend and not too pushed about Man u slipping up as too many points ahead I think now.

But bad news is no one wants Malouda and could be stuck win his 1.5 million wage bill till the end of the year.

• Advertisement

If RA wants instant discipline and respect (by the players for the manager) why not just wave goodbye to our interim and install Felix Magath as our interim interim manager. Very up and down career but what we have is not working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Phoenix wrote: »
    1354735847037.gif
    Please please please!

Not a hope of me bringing back my Manager Kess persona of a few seasons back to manage Chelsea.

Not

A

Hope

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Your right hobbit, was terrible by Rafa again.
    Hoof ball to Cahill and Ba for 20 mins while Torres played wide and Mata was deep in midfield.

We didnt have many options on the bench but when Torres came for Lampard i knew tha game was over.
    As i said already JT should have cam on for Oscar

Cech

Cahill
    Terry
    Azpilicueta
    Cole
    Luiz---Lampard

Ramires
    Mata
    Hazard----

Ba

Then we could only bring on Torres or/and Marin later.

Cech

Cahill
    Terry
    Azpilicueta
    Cole
    Luiz

Mata
    Hazard
    Marin

Ba
    Torres

Looks great on paper, but it is extremely narrow. You would be relying totally on the full backs providing genuine width, but as we all know, full backs can be pinned back.

Think Moses needs more games but I haven't watched enough of him this season to get a feel for him.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Looks great on paper, but it is extremely narrow. You would be relying totally on the full backs providing genuine width, but as we all know, full backs can be pinned back.

Think Moses needs more games but I haven't watched enough of him this season to get a feel for him.

Moses has done really well, great signing. Only issue is he's at ACON.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Moses has done really well, great signing. Only issue is he's at ACON.

Jesus Gonzo, you're really putting me to the sword this evening! Between Moses at ACON and my Benteke comment in the other thread I better watch my spelling too! :)

I was always really impressed with Moses at Wigan, so I hope he makes it into the team more regularly. Would also help Chelsea if Luiz was played more in the center of the park. Been really good there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Jesus Gonzo, you're really putting me to the sword this evening! Between Moses at ACON and my Benteke comment in the other thread I better watch my spelling too! :)

I was always really impressed with Moses at Wigan, so I hope he makes it into the team more regularly. Would also help Chelsea if Luiz was played more in the center of the park. Been really good there.

Ah jaysus no, I didn't mean it like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Rafa was boo'd before even the first game was played. Chelsea fans hated him from the very start, it had nothing to do with poor displays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Rafa was boo'd before even the first game was played. Chelsea fans hated him from the very start, it had nothing to do with poor displays.

The poor displays and strange rotation and tactical choices are not helping his cause. But benitez was doomed to fail before he even took charge in the first game but the muppets that run chelsea literally have no idea what they are doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Phoenix wrote: »
    Roman-Abramovich.jpg
    A9CXfk9CcAIanpk.png

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

RA may be too headstrong to go back for Mourinho. Same probably goes for Mourinho. I do think Mourinho has a special affinity for Chelsea and he will always be adored by the fans. It's a possibility but I think it's slim at best. Mourinho also loves a new challenge and I think he may end up at City or United depending on availability.

Jurgen Klopp or David Moyes would be my preference. Dunno if they'd give Roman the football he desires but given time and backing I think they are both ideal candidates.

Lukker- wrote: »
    RA may be too headstrong to go back for Mourinho. Same probably goes for Mourinho. I do think Mourinho has a special affinity for Chelsea and he will always be adored by the fans. It's a possibility but I think it's slim at best. Mourinho also loves a new challenge and I think he may end up at City or United depending on availability.

Jurgen Klopp or David Moyes would be my preference. Dunno if they'd give Roman the football he desires but given time and backing I think they are both ideal candidates.

I'd be very surprised if Klopp left Dortmund for Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I'd be very surprised if Klopp left Dortmund for Chelsea.

I wouldn't claim to have any knowledge of what he wants he could very well be perfectly happy there but I can see them losing a couple of players in the summer that might hinder their development. That said I'd be delighted if we didn't go for a big name and looked closer to home in Moyes.

Lukker- wrote: »
    I wouldn't claim to have any knowledge of what he wants he could very well be perfectly happy there but I can see them losing a couple of players in the summer that might hinder their development. That said I'd be delighted if we didn't go for a big name and looked closer to home in Moyes.

Throw enough money at him and that will help as well obviously. I'd be surprised if they lost a lot of players, only if they miss out on CL. I'd be delighted if you lads went for Moyes as well. ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement