Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    No. Game when Hernandez scored with in a min and then Ivanovic kept on fouling our players (Should have had atleast 3 yellows but sadly got only one). Then Lampard with blatant hand ball not given as penalty.

This is all correct as far as I can remember. Webb had an absolute shocker that day, did his best to keep us in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    No. Game when Hernandez scored with in a min and then Ivanovic kept on fouling our players (Should have had atleast 3 yellows but sadly got only one). Then Lampard with blatant hand ball not given as penalty.

I suppose Clattenburg gave ye back the owed luck so at Stamford Bridge this year, ya see it all comes back around. :pac:

With Spurs playing in the league this weekend they could go 5 clear of us before our next league game, we hoping for Liverpool to take points against them I imagine.

I always loved Rodgers and Sturridge. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

GavRedKing wrote: »
    With Spurs playing in the league this weekend they could go 5 clear of us before our next league game, we hoping for Liverpool to take points against them I imagine.

I always loved Rodgers and Sturridge. :pac:

Boring 0-0 with all 22 players sent off would be just the ticket, though that is not really possible within the rules of the game I know.

Boring 0-0 with all 22 players sent off would be just the ticket, though that is not really possible within the rules of the game I know.

Well I think its just too late for Liverpool to push for a top 4 so if they managed to beat or draw with Spurs we could take advantage.

The Liverpool team looks alot more dangerous since the turn of the year so they could take something from Spurs if they can sort out the defence they stand a chance with Suarez and Coutinho, whos been impressive so far.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Panthro wrote: »
    Anyone else think we may be in for a beating in the FA cup after United's game tonight?

I wouldn't be so sure. If Chelsea roll over or play a weaker team of course it could happen. But United could just as easily still be fuming and not thinking straight. A Chelsea equaliser would make things interesting
    Imagine Fergie losing to Rafa and Jose in the one week, they're would be no interveows for about a week. :P

There'd be summary bans from press conferences and all. Can you imagine the reaction if Chelsea gained an advantage from a debatable refereeing decision...:eek:

Yea would agree Liverpool looking better since the January window that Coutinho chappie does look decent.

Next season we need to be on the money from the get go as there could well be 6 clubs chasing 4 Champion league spots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Please let us win by a "proper" bad ref decision on Sunday

Yea would agree Liverpool looking better since the January window that Coutinho chappie does look decent.

Next season we need to be on the money from the get go as there could well be 6 clubs chasing 4 Champion league spots

I'm sure Roman's got his manager (plus the new interim) already lined up!

• Advertisement

dfx- wrote: »

There'd be summary bans from press conferences and all. Can you imagine the reaction if Chelsea gained an advantage from a debatable refereeing decision...:eek:

That would be excellent, dodgy penalty and De Gea sent off.

Fergie to go mental on the side line. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

dfx- wrote: »
    Can you imagine the reaction if Chelsea gained an advantage from a debatable refereeing decision...:eek:

This place will go into meltdown if Chelsea gain an advantage from a legitimate refereeing decision, nevermind a debatable one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I suppose Clattenburg gave ye back the owed luck so at Stamford Bridge this year, ya see it all comes back around. :pac:

Yeah but was not the initial point. Isn't it ;)

If PSG had a decent keeper theyed be a good side.

Cech to PSG and brig back Courtois.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/luiz-chelsea-can-rescue-the-reputation-of-premier-league-29114715.html
    David Luiz believes Chelsea can salvage some of the Premier League's diminished reputation abroad by triumphing in Europe for a second season in a row.

"It's important to show the Premier League is the best league in the world and we have an opportunity to prove that," said the Brazilian.

"Big clubs need to win big titles and big games. Chelsea have a strong team, we all play together. It can be difficult when you lose because people try to put pressure on us, but we have a great family here and great players. "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

so all the papers are running stories on fergie looking to sell rooney because he drinks and smokes, i think we need to buy torres 1000 marlboro red and a case of Jameson

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »
    so all the papers are running stories on fergie looking to sell rooney because he drinks and smokes, i think we need to buy torres 1000 marlboro red and a case of Jameson

Nah Torres is ok, hjes got more goals then Rooney this season as well and much better, natural hair. :p

Nah Torres is ok, hjes got more goals then Rooney this season as well and much better, natural hair. :p

it is incredible with that Torres could get 20 goals this season, mind you we have played 200 games :)

50th game tonight.

No match thread yet I see?

Who's after slipping up?

>_>

<_<

50th game tonight.

No match thread yet I see?

Who's after slipping up?

>_>

<_<

More likely shows total lack of interest :eek:

• Advertisement

More likely shows total lack of interest :eek:

Ya it's either gym or watch the match, very undecided at the moment really.

Don't have an option will be on the way home from work, I am sure Matt Cooper will keep me updated on the score

One of the joys of finsihing work at 4:30 is I'm usually at home by 4:40 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

That old chestnut!

Howard Webb The Facts!

From eight seasons of Premier League football, Webb has awarded the teams at least one penalty in:

6 seasons ; Manchester United

3 seasons ; Liverpool and Manchester City

2 seasons ; Arsenal and Chelsea

When looking at how many matches it takes Howard Webb to award a penalty FOR that team:
    Chelsea - 12, Arsenal - 12.5, Liverpool - 9, Man U - 3.55

Compare that to other refs:
    Chelsea - 6.49, Arsenal - 6.36, Liverpool - 7.29, Man U - 7.35

When looking at how many matches it takes Howard Webb to award a penalty AGAINST that team:
    Chelsea - 5, Arsenal - 8, Liverpool - 9, Man U - 16

Chelsea - 10.33, Arsenal - 12.1, Liverpool - 12.4, Man U - 12.94

Chelsea have had just one penalty awarded by Howard Webb in 21 matches since August 200

Phoenix wrote: »
    I was in Dublin all yesterday
    Not for one direction I swear:pac:

:eek:

You better have been bringing a small child or a hot chick and even then I'm not sure if it's acceptable. :eek:

That old chestnut!

Howard Webb The Facts!

From eight seasons of Premier League football, Webb has awarded the teams at least one penalty in:

6 seasons ; Manchester United

3 seasons ; Liverpool and Manchester City

2 seasons ; Arsenal and Chelsea

When looking at how many matches it takes Howard Webb to award a penalty FOR that team:
    Chelsea - 12, Arsenal - 12.5, Liverpool - 9, Man U - 3.55

Chelsea - 6.49, Arsenal - 6.36, Liverpool - 7.29, Man U - 7.35

When looking at how many matches it takes Howard Webb to award a penalty AGAINST that team:
    Chelsea - 5, Arsenal - 8, Liverpool - 9, Man U - 16

Chelsea - 10.33, Arsenal - 12.1, Liverpool - 12.4, Man U - 12.94

Chelsea have had just one penalty awarded by Howard Webb in 21 matches since August 200

So lumping on a penalty being awarded on Sunday so. :pac:

Dont worry Gav,I didnt go into the place,I dropped my sis and her friend there:D

You got lucky..........very lucky.

Ya should have done donughts around the North wall area while blaring Slayer.

*may or may not have got you arrested.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

You got lucky..........very lucky.

Ya should have done donughts around the North wall area while blaring Slayer.

*may or may not have got you arrested.

Or he should have just sat in his kitchen looking at a poster of Justin Bieber......oh wait that is done by someone else in this thread.......:pac:

Now that would be fun!last time I seen Slayer was Ozzfest haha

I seen them at Ozzfest alright in about '03 or '04 I think, and one of the funniest memories was a guy dressed in a full Tux going mental in the middle of a pit, the guy was pretty big to and pretty much held is own but it was a genuine wTF moment.
    Kess73 wrote: »
    Or he should have just sat in his kitchen looking at a poster of Justin Bieber......oh wait that is done by someone else in this thread.......:pac:

Living room, actually pffft. :rolleyes:

Pedantic. :p

from the daily express
    REAL MADRID boss Jose Mourinho is believed to be pining for a return to Chelsea over replacing Carlo Ancelotti in the PSG hot seat this summer.

Mourinho, who appeared to be auditioning for the Manchester United job after Real's win at Old Trafford on Tuesday night, has been a mooted Chelsea target.

Fears over Roman Abramovich's trigger happy attitude to dispensing with managers, seemed to suggest that Mourinho's return would not be a match made in heaven.

And though Mourinho was in discussions with PSG over taking over the reins in the summer, interest appears to have subsided on his part.

French paper Le 10 Sport understand Mourinho's 'dream' is to go back to Chelsea.

They also understand that football super-agent Jorge Mendes is trying to speed up negotiations with Roman Abramovich, whom he has a good relationship with.

Apparently the pair have been on the phone to each other in the past few weeks to discuss the prospect of making it happen.

Mourinho guided Real to La Liga title success last season, and are on course for a domestic and European double this campaign.

If PSG are desperate to axe Ancelotti why arent we bending over to try and get hom back as well?

If Jose is a no go then I'd love Ancelotti back.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

peteeeed wrote: »
    from the daily express
    REAL MADRID boss Jose Mourinho is believed to be pining for a return to Chelsea over replacing Carlo Ancelotti in the PSG hot seat this summer.

Mourinho, who appeared to be auditioning for the Manchester United job after Real's win at Old Trafford on Tuesday night, has been a mooted Chelsea target.

Fears over Roman Abramovich's trigger happy attitude to dispensing with managers, seemed to suggest that Mourinho's return would not be a match made in heaven.

And though Mourinho was in discussions with PSG over taking over the reins in the summer, interest appears to have subsided on his part.

French paper Le 10 Sport understand Mourinho's 'dream' is to go back to Chelsea.

They also understand that football super-agent Jorge Mendes is trying to speed up negotiations with Roman Abramovich, whom he has a good relationship with.

Apparently the pair have been on the phone to each other in the past few weeks to discuss the prospect of making it happen.

Mourinho guided Real to La Liga title success last season, and are on course for a domestic and European double this campaign.

Dare to dream..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

If PSG are desperate to axe Ancelotti why arent we bending over to try and get hom back as well?

If Jose is a no go then I'd love Ancelotti back.

Would seem a no brainer if Ancelotti wanted to come back to Chelsea. Quality manager who has already shown what he can do with the club if backed.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Would seem a no brainer if Ancelotti wanted to come back to Chelsea. Quality manager who has already shown what he can do with the club if backed.

I cant see it happening though, as you said he'd have to want to come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

I cant see it happening though, as you said he'd have to want to come back.

The problem is that the period of bad results Abramovich lets his managers have appears to dwindle by the year. Jose was rather different, as he was plum burning bridges as he went along, but Ancelotti, AVB, RDM all had a bad run of games and were out the door. Who wants to put up with that?

That PSG already appear to be undermining their manager by talking to other potential managers behind Ancelotti's back doesn't speak too well for them either. It goes without saying that if you applied current standards to SAF at Man Yew, instead of the Greatest Manager In The History Of The World Evah, he would have been a little-known Scottish manager who had some success at Aberdeen and bombed out at Old Trafford after a year.

You can only assume that Roman thinks that there is no manager who can't be tempted by enough money. Didn't appear to work very well with Pep though, did it?

• Advertisement

Agree Duck thing is the really good managers are paid serious money so whilst RA may offer more in the scheme of things perhaps not much more. By all accounts the Munich package was less than ours but lets face it if you can take a year off and live in New York you really are not short of a few bob.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Well that was both embarrassing and frustrating ,

Terrible team performance but even worse managerial performance , unable to make the changes when needed too , tactics were once again wrong from the start with the midfield being over ran , high balls into Torres ( Who was the best Chelsea player) , Mata didnt start !

Cant wait till this disaster is out of the club ,

Please please please please let him have the 3AM meeting

I cant wait for next season. :pac:

I cant see Rafa getting the bullet, there's no point in it really.

Our next league is West Ham in 10,11 days that's when we need to win.

We wont beat Utd or get a result, we'll struggle to turn this around so it's all down to the league from here on in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Jose is the only man that can instill the sense of pride/siege mentality this Chelsea team needs to have booted into them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

They played like a side that didn't want the hassle of further games in the Europa league. Bertrand simply isn't good enough. Ake should be given a run of games, as should Marin. Emenalo should be shot with a ball of his own shíte and any of the players worth having currently out on loan - Lukaku, de Bruyne, Josh, Courtois, etc etc - should be brought back to form a squad next year that can cope with fixtures and injuries.

In case you were wondering, these are the players currently out on loan and the clubs they're at. 22 in total.

http://www.chelseafc.com/on-loan-players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Embarrassing once again. Disgraceful performance from a team that should be playing so much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

I don't understand why we didn't loan out Marin. He's barely played all season as we've so much cover in his position. Meanwhile, we loaned out the likes of Lukaku when we're crying out for a target man. Doesn't make sense.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

We controlled the game according to the master tactician :eek:

One of the joys of finsihing work at 4:30 is I'm usually at home by 4:40 :pac:

Oh the joys of a long commute we are too slow unfocused why in the name of God is someone like Freuz not even on the bench. Tactical genius my left one has he no self respect if he had he would have done the decent thing and left.

Opened a link this morning which sadly had an interview with our interim after last night's no show. He just can't help himself having a pop at Chelsea supporters I think his opening line was the atmosphere was very good for them, well news for you brains just leave and see how good the atmosphere at the Bridge would be for the next game.

Speaking of little digs go on Avram give him a good kicking too

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2013/03/08/3807543/-?

Apart from Mata and Cole that was our best possible team out last night, Ramires and Moses arent that much better then the players that replaced them so that's not much of an issue, point is, I'm done blaming Rafa.

It's the 11 clowns that go out and dont perform I'm blaming.

Maybe the players dont like Rafa, that's ok, it doesnt give them free license to go out and under perform on a European night.

Bertrand was naive in what he done, I cant imagine Cole making the same mistake at the back post and it's cost us the leg and maybe the tie.

Yossi fluffing his lines when a Lampard or Mata in the same situation would have more then likely buried it didnt help and some below par performances from practically everyone killed us.

Hazard was poor, Yossi too, Lamps and Mikel way to slow on it, Ivanovic wasteful on the ball and Oscar couldnt get into it from out wide.
    Torres played ok and Marin looked lively when he was brought on, Mata kept things ticking over but it was too late for him to have any real impact.

Rafa should have made the changes earlier and maybe used 2 subs at a time, an AVB or Jose would have made a change at half time given how the game was going.

We're really lucky that Arsenal are having a poor season or we could easily be out of the hunt for 4th at this stage.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement