Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Melion wrote: »

It makes sense. Even from the vanity perspective, RA has to throw in the towel on this one. Q is will Torres take the cut in wages his transfer will involve, or will this be priced into the transfer fee.

bullpost wrote: »
    Hope I'm wrong but I think we could get a serious hiding.
    Because of his history with Rafa and also with the Real Madrid result in mind, SAF might just go for the jugular.

I think there's a backs-to-the-wall performance in Chelsea. And tomorrow is as good a time as any to kick the end-of-season run-in into gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

McDave wrote: »

I think there's a backs-to-the-wall performance in Chelsea. And tomorrow is as good a time as any to kick the end-of-season run-in into gear.
    I don't know now I was optimistic but after watching the wretched performance mid week I just can't see it, I can't believe that a group of professional players would simply not bother with any cup there in as has been suggested by the Europa league performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Chelsea 10 to 3 to win tomorrow.
    Have not seen them at that price for awhile.
    With wigan trashing Everton today hopefully another shock tomorrow.
    I might be foolish but I can see Chelsea winning this if Rafa puts out the best team. Luiz in midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Hope we line out like this:

-Cech-
    Ivan - JT - Cahill - Cole
    Luiz - Ramires
    Hazard - Mata - Moses
    BAAAAAA

hard to leave out Oscar....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

-Cech-
    Luiz - Ramires
    Hazard - Mata - Moses
    BAAAAAA

It should be a good game, so long as the ref does not upset anyone. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

-Cech-
    Luiz - Ramires
    Hazard - Mata - Moses
    BAAAAAA

Lampard for Ramires and Azpi for Ivan imo, Ramires has been poor and Lampards experience should help us all round really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Melion wrote: »

Hope its true. I find it hard to believe he is even worth £15m. But hey, if someone wants to pay it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Happy birthday Chelsea FC 108 years old

• Advertisement

Barr wrote: »

Hope its true. I find it hard to believe he is even worth £15m. But hey, if someone wants to pay it :D
    Well as they say fools and there money and all! Its hard to believe that an obviously shrewd business man like RA can be so foolish when it comes to his transfer policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Barr wrote: »

I think he is worth a punt. You just don't turn into a **** player. Look at sturridge. He looked muck at Chelsea but has really impressed at liverpool. Sometimes you have to enjoy your football to get the most out of players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Can u get ITV on sky go? Or is it Irish telly somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Have you tried this? http://www.filmon.com/

There's also an app for smart phones that you can watch Live English TV for free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

You can manually tune ITV if you have a Sky box, which I presume you do when you mention Sky Go?

Cheers, have laptop only u see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

adox wrote: »

You can manually tune ITV if you have a Sky box, which I presume you do when you mention Sky Go?

You are probably sorted by now but filmon.Com is an option

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I don't know now I was optimistic but after watching the wretched performance mid week I just can't see it, I can't believe that a group of professional players would simply not bother with any cup there in as has been suggested by the Europa league performance.

Yep. Chelsea weren't just losing 50:50s against Steaua, they were losing their own 60:40s. Totally uncompetitive.

I can understand not going hammer and tongs in all cup matches. Top four is the priority and this is not the time of the season to ship injuries. But there are some matches you've got to put you chips down for. MU today is one. Steaua at the Bridge is another. Two victories, two cups still in play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Bionicle

Great performance from the lads after 25 minutes. Well proud. Should have won that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

all of a sudden I believe again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

It's great to come away from a game like that thinking we could, nay, should have won.

On another note, will Rio get punished for his kick out at Nando, id be fairly certain our club captain would take alot of heat for that had roles been reversed and he'd done it to a Utd player.

And spuds lost...cant complain today:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Good performance, but Utd allowed us to play. They were shocking at picking Chelsea players up.

Still, at least the players were making runs for each other. Bit of pride and passion restored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Rameires was immense , they couldn't cope with his running , mata , Oscar played great and when hazard came on , just unplayable . Should have won it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Says it all that I'm disappointed we didn't win. Mikel and Hazard were excellent when they came on. Mata was brilliant as usual.

duploelabs wrote: »
    all of a sudden I believe again

There's quality in this team. It just needs to be harnessed.

And the deadweight cut away. Sorry to say Lampard is in that category. He's not going to deliver in a high tempo configuration. There still is a role for him in the squad, but not a central one. The team is goin in another direction now.

Killinator wrote: »
    It's great to come away from a game like that thinking we could, nay, should have won.

On another note, will Rio get punished for his kick out at Nando, id be fairly certain our club captain would take alot of heat for that had roles been reversed and he'd done it to a Utd player.

And spuds lost...cant complain today:)

should have won alright I wonder if we can kick on now with a bit of self belief!
    I taught Rio should have been called up on hit sarcastic hand clapping in front of the reff after the Real Madrid match. I know our own John Terry leaves a bad taste in the mouth but for me Rio is equally as vile! Can't take too much away from chico's header tho.

Can't take too much away from chico's header tho.

It was top drawer, though it was just a case of getting it out of the way early, he was always gonna get one, might aswell be when we have a chance to recover afterwards:)

McDave wrote: »
    There's quality in this team. It just needs to be harnessed.

And the deadweight cut away. Sorry to say Lampard is in that category. He's not going to deliver in a high tempo configuration. There still is a role for him in the squad, but not a central one. The team is goin in another direction now.

There's no denying the quality we have and I know I'll probably get slated for this but seeing the spirit and the performances our old friend 'arry is gettin over the road I wonder if he would have been a better option for INTERIM manager?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

There's no denying the quality we have and I know I'll probably get slated for this but seeing the spirit and the performances our old friend 'arry is gettin over the road I wonder if he would have been a better option for INTERIM manager?

It was the subs made by Rafa that transformed the game today. Think he deserves a bit of credit for that.

greendom wrote: »
    It was the subs made by Rafa that transformed the game today. Think he deserves a bit of credit for that.

Don't get me wrong I'm happy with today's result but on the whole there is something really really wrong between players and managment.

Not really, kind of obvious. He wasnt going to bring on Marin!

No, Rafa saved his ass by making 2 subs he should have started

Hazard and Mikel.

Mikel, had one of his good games he pulls out every now and again. But really we need to buy him competition and GOOD competition.
    If you are going to play the 3 amigos, you need protection behind them

Really, really should have won it but for the sake of decent striker

Don't get me wrong I'm happy with today's result but on the whole there is something really really wrong between players and managment.

Absolutely a team with that amount of quality should be challenging for 1st not 4th.

Absolutely a team with that amount of quality should be challenging for 1st not 4th.

On top of that two of our most experienced defenders on the bench! I Wonder would that second goal have gone in if JT was there? I can only presume that Raffa and John have fallen out or Rom has gotten sick of him and asked Raffa in his role as interim too freeze him out most likely the first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Very happy with that result and very happy to admit I got it wrong about how we would cope with Utd.

I missed the first two goals but for the remainder of the first half we were too slow and predictable. Moses was not at the races and should have been taken off earlier.
    Second half we were great and it was the first team performance I've seen in a while that I'm happy with .

Much more optimistic about the future right now :)

• Advertisement

Not really, kind of obvious. He wasnt going to bring on Marin!

No, Rafa saved his ass by making 2 subs he should have started

Hazard and Mikel.

Mikel, had one of his good games he pulls out every now and again. But really we need to buy him competition and GOOD competition.
    If you are going to play the 3 amigos, you need protection behind them

Really, really should have won it but for the sake of decent striker

Didn't seem to be the opinion of a very vocal section of the Chelsea support today !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Cech at fault twice IMO for 2 relatively lucky goals for Man Utd. Mata, Ramires. Luis, Hazard, Mickel were class and great credit to the team for the fight back at OT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Delighted with the 2nd half. I second that lampard should go as we really do need to start playing some of our youth instead of sending them on loan after loan.
    Hpoe Lampard gets the record before leaving.

Here's hpping they continue into the next game and Rafa did a good job making the subs before 70mins. Then taking off Lampard as the fans would not be too pleased.

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Cech at fault twice IMO for 2 relatively lucky goals for Man Utd. Mata, Ramires. Luis, Hazard, Mickel were class and great credit to the team for the fight back at OT.
    The 1st ya, how could he stop the 2nd, he had to anticipate someone would get on it and when they didnt he hadn't a hope if stopping it.

City awaits the winner now, just watching the goals again hazard is going to be immense next season.

• Advertisement

A good team yes, but Chelsea haven't the dept in squad of a city or utd.

niallo27 wrote: »

When you look at the players City brought in last Summer and compare them to the ones Chelsea brought in, I think Chelsea should be a lot closer to City than they are.

When you look at the players City brought in last Summer and compare them to the ones Chelsea brought in, I think Chelsea should be a lot closer to City than they are.

If you look at the Chelsea bench lately it's pretty poor in quailty. They should be comfortable third I think myself.

niallo27 wrote: »

And we need a harder edge, both in and in front of defence. We need someone of the calibre of Makelele. Mikel is good but not great. Can he improve enough to get to Makelele's level? Hope so, but not sure.

Without the hard edge, our attacking midfield can look very light. And while Ba is decent, we need either a Drogba-type forward (Lukaku), or an out-and-out poacher.

A Chelsea with those features can run away with the Premiership!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Seen someone discussing how we would play with a false 9 seen as our strikers arent really doing the business

Thoughts ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

With Spurs losing and our performance today im convinced we'll perform when it matters.

We wont finish outside the top 4 and I reckon we'll beat Utd at Stamford Bridge.

Any word on the date on the replay yet?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Missed the game , just watching some highlights there now ,

Good come back , Rafa made the changes today thankfully when they were needed

One thing that has struck me ,

What Ferdinand done to Torres , Had it off been Terry or Suarez there would be a thread 10 pages long on it , have I missed one on here or was it a non event ?

Missed the game , just watching some highlights there now ,

Good come back , Rafa made the changes today thankfully when they were needed

What Ferdinand done to Torres , Had it off been Terry or Suarez there would be a thread 10 pages long on it , have I missed one on here or was it a non event ?

He got away with what happened mid week too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

It was one of the most pathetic things I have seen during a match in a very long time.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement