Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

the_monkey wrote: »
    Enough said ... Webb == Man United fan

Still gives every decision to Chelsea. Must be some fan :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Chelsea thread = If it was Terry/ Cole bla bla bla
    Liverpool thread = If it was Saint Suarez bla bla bla
    ManUtd thread = If it was De Gea bla bla bla..

Lol. FA have always bottled it and more often than not they made meal out of anything to do with ManUtd to make a statement and often ****ed us.

It's an interesting perspective. What was the last occasion for a United player to be hauled up/disciplined for something not dealt with during the match by the referee?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Duck Soup wrote: »
    It's an interesting perspective. What was the last occasion for a United player to be hauled up/disciplined for something not dealt with during the match by the referee?

Rio against Hull in 2010 is the last I can remember.

I don't remember any Chelsea player getting banned though ;)

Edit: Rooney was banned for swearing in 2011 but many players were not in the same reason and the season after that. Well done FA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The fact it hasn't been act on....not bloody surprised, did Rooney get away with cowardly elbowing James McCarthy too against Wigan not very long ago?

The FA are really a joke shop it's not just that decision, Fellaini got away with it on Huth as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

niallo27 wrote: »
    He got away with his antics after the Madrid game as well. That was Uefa though in fairness. I can't understand it.

Well rightly or wrongly, the Turkish referee last week at OT had some balls to dish out a red. He has more balls than all the referees in the PL.

Plenty of rumours linking us with Falcao, Fellaini, Nyang, Aubameyang this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    All of them?
    Who are the last two for those unfamiliar?

Aubameyang is the guy from St.Etienne that was mentioned yesterday, banging them in at the moment in France.

Niang is the guy that AC Milan only just signed last summer, 18, and a good prospect, hes withthem until 2017 so cant see it happening at all, he also hit the post last night at 1-0 to Barca minutes before Messi put them 2-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Watched the Barca game last night.
    They were jaw-droppingly good.
    The speed which they moved the ball in the first 30 minutes was unreal.

We've a long way to go to be anywhere near producing a display like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

bullpost wrote: »

but yet they were weak at centre back , juve or bayern can beat them i think

• Advertisement

bullpost wrote: »

I couldnt give a bo**cks if we ever play like Barcelona, point is we've beat them playing to our strengths and we've a fantastic record against them in the last decade.

They can play 600 passes in a game but it doesnt work against every team.

I think it's between Bayern and Real this year, wouldnt be surprised if Bayern won it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I think it's between Bayern and Real this year, wouldnt be surprised if Bayern won it.

I wouldn't begrudge Bayern winning it either after last year :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

shot of the day - arr that takes me back!

5531608947_e917a6798c_b.jpg

If you are on Twitter SGT. this guy posts loads of brilliant pics from our past : https://twitter.com/Theleaguemag

There's about 3,4 teams that are well in with a shout.

Bayern, Barca, Real, Juventus, Dortmund maybe as an outside chance if they get a favourable draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

peteeeed wrote: »
    but yet they were weak at centre back , juve or bayern can beat them i think

I'm surprised at the amount of people that think anyone else has a chance - It's a done deal for Barça, something clicked last night and it's not gonna unclick - I'm just happy we won't need to face them :)

Milan were the width of the post away from taking it to 1-1 on the night and 3-1 og Agg. that would have beena huge blow, as someone pointed out in the match thread it was similar to the time we played them in the Camp Nou and Ramires went steaming through, the difference was he took his chance and instead of Barca going in at HT 2-0 it was 2-1 and they had it all to do again.

I dont think they'll win it, of course they can win it but I just dont think they will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Phoenix wrote: »
    Do any of ye reckon Falcao is coming?

Nope, I reckon we'll go get a younger guy with an up and coming name to rival Ba and Lukaku, at this stage Lukaku should be our starting CF.

He's going to be a beast for us next year I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Duck Soup wrote: »
    The story also appears slightly higher up the news food chain on ESPN.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/197175.html

The original quotes almost certainly originate in the Spanish media, so if the Spanish source is reputable or not, I don't know.

One of the two thousand names being floated for Chelsea manager is Simeone, so there's one school of thought that says bring him to Chelsea and Courtois and Falcao (assisted by an eye-watering transfer fee) follow.

I think Simeone either signed a new contract last week or is due to sign a new one soon. Anyhow's given Roman's alledged latest shopping spree Gav will e cracking a bottle of bubbly very soon

http://football-talk.co.uk/75316/abramovich-attempts-to-lure-mourinho-to-the-bridge-with-400k-gift/?

Happy Birthday to Marko Marin!

(for those of you who dont know, he is a winger for Chelsea, distantly related to the Dodo bird)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

(for those of you who dont know, he is a winger for Chelsea, distantly related to the Dodo bird)

lol :D

as the joke goes we thought we were getting the german messi and we got a messy german

Roman Abramovich entices Jose Mourinho to Chelsea with £350k watch
    Jose Mourinho given £350k watch by Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich to sweeten Stamford Bridge return

Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho has been linked with a move back to the Premier League next season to his former club Chelsea, as well as speculation he may succeed Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United, reports the Daily Express.

It appears that the first attempt to gain the Portuguese coach's signature has been made by the Blues, and it is rumoured Mourinho has already made it clear to the Real Madrid hierarchy, that he wants to leave at the end of the season.

Chelsea's gesture came in the form of a £350,000 watch that Roman Abramovich recently gave Mourinho, according to Spanish TV program Punto Pelota.

The report also suggests senior players at Chelsea are well aware of talks with Mourinho, and are confident he will replace interim manager Rafael Benitez next season.

'The Special One' has already claimed that his next job will be in England and has never hidden his desire to return to west London.

• Advertisement

Not the first time Roman has given Jose a present.

Remember this : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2301599/Gift-to-Jose-Mourinho-hints-at-Chelsea-return.html
    Despite leaving the club under a cloud last autumn former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is still on good terms with owner Roman Abramovich - so much so in fact the Russian billionaire recently gave the Portuguese a £2 million car as a present.

A week before Mourinho was sacked after an indifferent start to the season he had asked Abramovich to use his contacts to source a rare Ferrari he wanted to buy.

The 612 Scaglietti is Ferrari's only four seater and Mourinho wanted it so he could drive a sports car that was practical for a man with a young family. A special edition of the model was produced to commemorate the Italian company's 60th birthday and only 60 were made.

Shortly after his dismissal, Mourinho contacted Chelsea director Eugene Tenenbaum to reaffirm his desire to buy the car if it could be found.

Nothing was said for around 5 months, at which point Tenenbaum contacted Mourinho to say that a gift from Abramovich was on its way to him - three days later he took delivery of the £2 million car in the week following Chelsea's defeat to Tottenham in the Carling Cup final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

The FA Cup replay is going to be Monday 1st April 12.30 KO.

The league away trip to Southampton will now be played on Saturday 30th March at 3pm. Just 48 hours earlier.:eek:

(edit..... that's even less than 48 hours)

RichT wrote: »
    The FA Cup replay is going to be Monday 1st April 12.30 KO.

The league away trip to Southampton will now be played on Saturday 30th March. Just 48 hours earlier.:eek:

That confirmed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

That confirmed?

Yep...
    REPLAY DATE SET

Posted on: Wed 13 Mar 2013
    Our FA Cup quarter-final replay with Manchester United will take place on Easter Monday, April 1 at 12.30pm.

That game will be live on ITV, and means our Barclays Premier League match scheduled for Sunday, March 31 at Southampton will now take place on Saturday, March 30 at 3pm.

SOURCE (Official Site)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

joke playing 2 games in less than 48 hrs.. FA blaming some UEFA rule about not being allowed clash with CL and EL match days...

• Advertisement

Well that's a load of balls if I ever seen it.

If we get through the EL does that mean we've a game on the Thursday as well?

Play strongest possible 11 in the EPL and throw the youths/bench out to Utd.

Well that's a load of balls if I ever seen it.

If we get through the EL does that mean we've a game on the Thursday as well?

yup according to uefa website first leg of QF are on 4th April

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2013/matches/index.html

podge79 wrote: »
    yup according to uefa website first leg of QF are on 4th April

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2013/matches/index.html

Posted this yesterday, I've updated it a bit :
    Saturday March 30 Premier League v Southampton (a)
    Monday April 1 FA Cup 6th round replay v Manchester Utd (h)
    Thursday April 4 Europa League qtr-final 1st leg
    Sunday April 7 Premier League v Sunderland (h)
    Thursday April 11 Europa League qtr-final 2nd leg

Excellent, a potential 5 games in 13 days. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Play strongest possible 11 in the EPL and throw the youths/bench out to Utd.

As a United fan, yes please :P :D

I actually wouldnt care about the EL right now, even if we're out of it, 3 games in 13 days is a tough ask towards the end of the season, especially when 2 of them are less then 48 hours apart.

thats just a crazy fixture list ... added to that the weekend of april 13/14 is the fa cup semi-finals isnt it? and even if not in that its a home game against spurs on the Sunday. could they move the PL games to good fri/fri night?

thats just a crazy fixture list ... added to that the weekend of april 13/14 is the fa cup semi-finals isnt it? and even if not in that its a home game against spurs on the Sunday. could they move the PL games to good fri/fri night?

Not with the International's s far as I know.

Teams want at least 48 hours off for players to travel back to their clubs.

The FA cup doesnt suit Utd either but then after if we get through the EL we have a very hectic few weeks, as you pointed out we could have a potential FA Cup semi final to contend with too.

Lots of ifs and buts, but we could realy be kanckered and fall out of 4th if we dont manage the squad for the next few weeks, Rafa will earn his corn if we get 4th and stay in all these cups with the fixture list.

forgot about the internationals - at least the brazilians wont be travelling far

got to prioritise getting CL; feel sorry for Rafa in that with fixture schedule as is there's bound to be one or two poor results due to tiredness etc but fans will berate him none the less

forgot about the internationals - at least the brazilians wont be travelling far

got to prioritise getting CL; feel sorry for Rafa in that with fixture schedule as is there's bound to be one or two poor results due to tiredness etc but fans will berate him none the less

Yup, he'll be blamed regardless of results, if we do bad it's his fault if we come out on top he wont get the praise he deserves.

As I said earlier I'd gladly give up the EL if it meant the FA Cup or EPL was to take priority, I'd even throw the FA Cup if we're bankers for 4th.

We could easily take Spurs if we win a few games.

• Advertisement

bring back Malouda! (And give Marin a game)

prob get slated by some for saying this but in the harsh light of day I'd have to admit while silverware would be nice the monetary rewards of finishing 4th far outweigh winning the FA Cup and europa league so I'd sacrifice them if needs be; plus CL football is what persuades footballers to join clubs - look at hazard he'd never have signed during the summer if all that could be offered was EL

Just seen on a buddies FB hes after throwing 10e on Liverpool to finish top 4 at 15/2.

Surely it's too late for Liverpool to push on for a 4th place finish?

prob get slated by some for saying this but in the harsh light of day I'd have to admit while silverware would be nice the monetary rewards of finishing 4th far outweigh winning the FA Cup and europa league so I'd sacrifice them if needs be; plus CL football is what persuades footballers to join clubs - look at hazard he'd never have signed during the summer if all that could be offered was EL

I'd drop both competitions if it meant we finsih 4th this year, no problem.

bring back Malouda! (And give Marin a game)

Forgot about Florent, imagine the hate for Rafa if he played Malouda over Frank, or if he brought him on for Frank. :P

Meant to be our home for next season.

ChelseaHome1314.jpg

There's also a 3rd kit, a black one, very similar to the all black one we had a few years ago knocking about.

Home one looks sh*te IMO, it has a round collar with a V neck built in. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Yea saw that yesterday evening no other words for it gross, hope it is a spoof.

With regard to the EL still think next gen side give them some practice

So would I.

Pity about the FA cup though as we fought so hard at Old Trafford but even if we get past Utd. we've got City waiting for us in the semis.
    I'd drop both competitions if it meant we finsih 4th this year, no problem.

Meant to be our home for next season.

ChelseaHome1314.jpg

There's also a 3rd kit, a black one, very similar to the all black one we had a few years ago knocking about.

Home one looks sh*te IMO, it has a round collar with a V neck built in. :confused:

thats pure muck.. its basically the one from a few seasons back with a crap collar/neck

I liked the all black one we had cant go wrong with them really.. we're due a good away/3rd jersey

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

No British representative in the Quarter-Finals for the first time in 17 years. I actually felt so sorry for Arsenal tonight. They acquitted themselves wonderfully and were unlucky not to get something out of the game, apart from pride and a big morale boost.

The 8 remaining teams are: Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Galatasaray, Juventus, Malaga, Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid. Open draw for the quarter finals.

Personally, I would love to see the following line-ups for quarter-final games:

Barcelona v. Real Madrid (for obvious reasons; also, means only one of them will be in the semis... :p)

Galatasaray v. Paris Saint-Germain (two very good, if raw, teams and will also mean that one of them will be in the semis)

Borussia Dortmund v. Malaga (I personally think that game would be a cracker with Dortmund coming out the better side of it)

Bayern Munich v. Juventus (again, would be a cracking tie and while Munich should come out of it, you never know)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement