Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I have been very impressed with laudrup and I know we were interested in him a few years back when he was with getafe I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Now I know it is only the Star which is up there with the Mail for reliability but we can but hope this is true

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/293733/?

Bye bye interim bye bye Emenalo (he may write a book after and let us know what actually was his job) that would be a result at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Emenalo out please.

He's useless, now, I wouldnt take all of that to be gospel, its easy for a paper to pick up on whats happening at the Bridge and write accordingly.

I'd hope Roman does sack Emenalo and hire Jose, that would be excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Depending on how Brighton do this season, I'm not sure if Poyet would take the job.

It's going to be very interesting come June/July to see who we're going to hire after Rafa, not sure if hes in the running at all.

Wilkins also said, from Goal.com that Torres should be used to swap for either Cavani or Falcao.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

peteeeed wrote: »

I'd love to see him manage us one day but now isn't the time for unproven... I don't think he'd be good for us and it will only tarnish his reputation taking over when we are in such trouble imo.

I'd love to see him manage us one day but now isn't the time for unproven... I don't think he'd be good for us and it will only tarnish his reputation taking over when we are in such trouble imo.

would need a very strong backroom with him to do anything.

• Advertisement

Would take that with an even bigger pinch of salt as the Star report. Lazy piece at this stage almost anyone would be welcomed as a hero if he were to replace our interim.

I would say there is surprise at the level of hostility being shown but I wonder why? Our interim was a bonafide hate figure at Stamford Bridge when he manager Liverpool, that is something which lends credence to the Star report though. Surely Roman would have known this but our friend Mr Emenalo may not if he did convince Roman that our interim was the man for the job then he will surely go the same way as Kenyon ex chief executive who allegedly fell on his sword as he championed big Phil for the job.

That being said I just love Zola such a nice guy and without a doubt in my mind the best player ever to play for us (Marcel & Rudi were absolute world class but were not at their peak when here Zola was). I think it is too early for him to take over imagine the ructions there would be if he were sacked in a similar manner to RDM?

I would say though Zola is smart enough if he does not think he is capable I dont think he will risk it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Wilkins also said, from Goal.com that Torres should be used to swap for either Cavani or Falcao.

......... or a set of socket spanners.

If Rafa can turn it around and get us an FA Cup and League Cup aswell as a 3rd palce finish the Europa League is an unwanted distraction really and I'd be all up for playing the fringe payers, if he does the above he'll have a done a good job.

He'll be in the running for the job full time if that happens but some sections just wont take to him no matter what he does with us.

win on sunday , that will go a long way to everyone being happy , i'm not worried about the swansea game. early goal and we are right back in it

win on sunday , that will go a long way to everyone being happy , i'm not worried about the swansea game. early goal and we are right back in it

The flip side of that though is if we lose to Arsenal and go out of the League Cup he'll be odds on to get the chop. :pac:

Our next few fixtures are :
    Arsenal - (H)
    Swansea - LC (A)
    Brentford - FA (A)
    Reading - (A)
    Newcastle - (A)
    Wigan - (H)
    Sparta - EL (A)
    Sparta - EL (H)
    Man City - (A)

If we can win the majority of those games we'll be set up nice going into March.

City away is easily the hardest fixture we'll face and its game we'll have to win if we want to try and leap frog them, if we're still in contention to do so by the time the game comes around.

Our next set of difficult Away fixtures are Liverpool in April and Utd away in May.

If Rafa can turn it around and get us an FA Cup and League Cup aswell as a 3rd palce finish the Europa League is an unwanted distraction really and I'd be all up for playing the fringe payers, if he does the above he'll have a done a good job.

He'll be in the running for the job full time if that happens but some sections just wont take to him no matter what he does with us.

Do we still have fringe players I thought they were all out on loan :D

• Advertisement

Do we still have fringe players I thought they were all out on loan :D

I should have said " old "players :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Gav i just want to mention i dont hate Rafa as a person but i really dont rate his ability as a manager. The fact that he had a go at us while managing Liverpool does not bother me in the slightest and id want our manager to do the same if he felt nessacary.

I just dont like his tactics or man management, add to that some of the poor signings he made over the years. The fact that we lost really winable games all too often under him and we are well out of contention in the PL since he took charge.
    Having said that i don like one or two things he tactically changed like his high pressing and rotating of players on the pitch, some times he plays a high line and like the full backs to attack. All traits i love to see but when he does not see weakness in our game and fails to correct it it just bugs the life out of me.

For me to even consider accepting Rafa we would have to go unbeaten for the rest of the PL and win a cup Fa/Carling, play our second string players in the europa league.

Having said all that i cannot think of another manager i would really want us to sign other than Mourinho. But i can say for sure id rather take a gamble with some one like Simeone Laudrup Martinez etc

I'm not entirely worried who we sign next as with the current elements in place at the higher end of the club, any manager will never have " full " control regardless.

It will take a very strong character to come in and demand control, in fact, if any guy came to Roman and the board, laid his demands on the table, I'd imagine he'd be told where to go, people like Emenalo are glorified advisors who arent needed.

The owner needs some feedback from all quarters but I'm surprsied hes seemed to deem Emenalo one of his most trusted advisors within the club.

A manager should have more of say who we sign, DoF are part of the game, I get it, but if the manager gives him or the board a list of transfers and then doesnt get any on the list or knows nothing about a guy coming in or going there's definetly something wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    who would replace Emenalo tough?

steve staunton

• Advertisement

This

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQWZwCtxd00gC-CY7KORKdWCkznRWoiYZvEl3DTeoo5zavgiyG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

In fairness lads with Rafa we've got some bad results, but we're still in line to finish in the top 4, still in the Capitol one & FA Cup, and are still playing European football.

People are going on like Chelsea are in chaos. If we win one ot two cups & finish top 4, it will be a successful season.

We've brought in Ba, Oscar, Moses, Hazard, Marin, Azpi, I think they spoiled us early on because usually bringing so many new faces into the starting 11, they require time to settle in.

All of this going on plus changing manager during the season can't be easy for the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

For me someone who will have credibility with Roman and can stand up to him in so much as that is possible - Guus.

Chelsea FC would have no problem attracting a guy with the experience necessary for the role if they do decide to axe Emenalo.

bullpost wrote: »
    For me someone who will have credibility with Roman and can stand up to him in so much as that is possible - Guus.

Hes getting to much money at Anzhi to come back IMO, especially for a non-footballing role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Why should he ignore the Europa though?

He may see it as his best chance to win a big trophy and put himself back in the shop window.

At this stage he may feel he will never get the Chelsea job permanently because of the backlash against him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Yeah I think Rafa will take the Europa seriously, but with Torres up front for it we might not get too far. :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Jesus any chance of club getting rid of Rafa now with all eyes looking in on Southampton

Jesus any chance of club getting rid of Rafa now with all eyes looking in on Southampton

Even by Chelsea standards that seems harsh!

bullpost wrote: »
    Why should he ignore the Europa though?

He may see it as his best chance to win a big trophy and put himself back in the shop window.

At this stage he may feel he will never get the Chelsea job permanently because of the backlash against him?

If it costs us a place in the top 4 then I'd rather just go out now.

I think hes damned no matter what he does this season, fans wont ever come onside with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

I think we could interest Hiddink TBH. Who wouldn want that type of Job at his age.
    The best person for the job i can think of has to be Hiddink because of what he accieved as a coach. Plus not to mention his history with us and being a friend of Roman.

what a day wrote: »
    I think we could interest Hiddink TBH. Who wouldn want that type of Job at his age.
    The best person for the job i can think of has to be Hiddink because of what he accieved as a coach. Plus not to mention his history with us and being a friend of Roman.

I'm sure Hiddink is happy enough at Anzi though, $$$$$$$ ;)

Luke Shaw ‏@Luke_shaw3

Very confused lol

Wait till he gets to Chelsea. ;) Where its a regular occurrence. :(

Seriously been impressed with him though, with him and Clyne, Southampton have two good young fullbacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

will ba start ahead of fernando on saturday guys?

who_ru wrote: »
    will ba start ahead of fernando on saturday guys?
    Hopefully, but you never know with Benitez.

Just a thought perhaps the special one does not want to come home then what?

What about Lippi and Zola as a double. Lippi is sort of kicking his heels in China has a pretty decent record actually has a first class record. And whilst no spring chicken he would have a few years on Fergie.

get claudio back :)

nigel atkins got a nice thank you for his 2nd half comeback against us

nigel atkins got a nice thank you for his 2nd half comeback against us

I thought we had weird directors that guy has done a great job at the Saints WTF?

• Advertisement

our live sky games in march

Sunday March 10: Fulham v Chelsea (1.30pm)

Sunday March 31: Southampton v Chelsea (4pm)

Lippi would be an excellent choice.

The guy has vast experience that could do us good.

Actually on southampton, maybe a sneaky bid now for Luke shaw, tie him for next year. ;)

Actually on southampton, maybe a sneaky bid now for Luke shaw, tie him for next year. ;)

reading a bit more about him , he is a massive chelsea fan
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2263069/Luke-Shaw-reveals-Chelsea-fan.html

i thought he played great against us the other night

reading a bit more about him , he is a massive chelsea fan
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2263069/Luke-Shaw-reveals-Chelsea-fan.html

i thought he played great against us the other night

He was good aswell against Villa at the weekend.

Hes got the makings of a good FB, would he handle the step up at a young age? I'd say he'd flourish playing with a better squad and having more competition for a place although with Bertie and PVA we have 2 decent FB's if Cole is shafted this summer.

I forgot Shaw is still only 17. :eek:

Jaysus, I thought he was going on 19 not 18.

SIGN HIM UP!!!!

New player / manager for next year :p

Oldie but a goldie

• Advertisement

I forgot Shaw is still only 17. :eek:

Jaysus, I thought he was going on 19 not 18.

SIGN HIM UP!!!!

with our current transfer policy he would make sense. why wouldn't a manager want to join us with our young squad :)

I used to always struggle with saying his first name until I heard a few months ago it was prononuced as Teebo.

Excelent keeper though and one i really hope doesnt get shafted by our on going loan policy.
    with our current transfer policy he would make sense. why wouldn't a manager want to join us with our young squad :)

True but if you could cut out the Roman factor we're a very attractive club. :P

Lads did Shaw not only just sign a contract extension a month or so ago?

EDIT: Just seen this article

http://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/3919/exclusive/2013/01/10/3661907/shaw-spurns-chelsea-to-agree-five-year-contract-extension-at
    Luke Shaw has signed a new five-year contract which commits him to Southampton until 2018, Goal.com can reveal.

The details of the deal have not been officially announced, but it is understood the 17-year-old’s wages will rise to £12,000-a-week.

Shaw is said to be delighted to have put to rest months of speculation linking him with a move to Chelsea and Arsenal after making an impressive start to life in the Premier League.

A January move was widely expected, but the player’s first preference was always to remain with the Saints, who boast an impressive track record of developing their young stars.

In an interview with the club’s official website, Shaw said: "I think Southampton is the place to be for young kids like me. I’m playing in the Premier League for the first team and that is all anyone wants to be doing, so I just want to carry on.

"I have been at Southampton since a very young age so I've been here a long time now. I think they are happy with me here, and this club is great for young players like us.

"If you look back over the years, Adam [Lallana] has come through the youth system and now he is the captain of the First Team, and Prowsey [James Ward-Prowse] has just signed a five-year deal – and that is what I want to be doing.

"We have a lot of trust in our youth and there are more players coming through next year, so hopefully we will just carry on going."

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Lads did Shaw not only just sign a contract extension a month or so ago?

Hes not signing a deal until the summer when hes 18, although hes said it before he wants to stay with Southampton and further his career, seems like a level headed young guy who knows his time will come and its better to play nearly every game for a club like southampton for the next 2, 3 years then it is to sit on our bench or be farmed out.

Even if we go after him for free a tribunal would have to set the fee, like the Sturridge deal.

Edit : I was wrong.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement