Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The thing about Yaya Toure is we dont need him, not when its going to cost us over 20million and about 200K a week at the very least, hes not worth it and he doesnt want to play DCM?

Who's he going to bench? Mata, Hazard? No thanks, Real can have him and are welcome to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The thing about Yaya Toure is we dont need him, not when its going to cost us over 20million and about 200K a week at the very least, hes not worth it and he doesnt want to play DCM?

Who's he going to bench? Mata, Hazard? No thanks, Real can have him and are welcome to him.
    I see him as the perfect pivot cm, he's got a great burst of speed on him and a great pass. He would cost us anything if he buys out his contract so I've no idea where they're getting that 20m figure from

duploelabs wrote: »
    I see him as the perfect pivot cm, he's got a great burst of speed on him and a great pass. He would cost us anything if he buys out his contract so I've no idea where they're getting that 20m figure from

If hes kicking up a fuss about his 220k a week current contrct there is 1 of 2 things happening.

1) Hes a greedy f**k who's chancing his arm by trying to push through a new deal

2) A team is willing to offer him the money he wants and he may buy out his contract.

I cant see it being option 2, who is realistically going to give him the wages he wants?

With FFP, who can pay 220k pw anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Uefa have confirmed that we will play the away leg against Rubin Kazan in the Luzhniki stadium, Moscow,

duploelabs wrote: »
    With FFP, who can pay 220k pw anymore?

True, which is why it narrows his choices right down if he does decide to leave City.
    Caveman1 wrote: »
    Uefa have confirmed that we will play the away leg against Rubin Kazan in the Luzhniki stadium, Moscow,

Good news, saves us travelling an extra 500 odd miles to Kazan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Caveman1 wrote: »

Bit of a bummer for Rubin fans apparently less than 1,000 turned up for the last game there against Levante.

Gokhan Tore tweeting that he is looking forward to the game and coming back to the Bridge.

peteeeed wrote: »
    and the usual thursday and we're bored 'falcao to chelsea' story from the express

Chelsea hold secret meeting with Atletico Madrid over move for Radamel Falcao

CHELSEA are inching closer to signing Radamel Falcao in the summer.

By: Charles Perrin
    Radamel Falcao is inching closer to Chelsea

The Atletico Madrid hit man has been tearing apart La Liga defences this season and is one of the most feared strikers in Europe.

The Blues are long-term admirers of Falcao, and the transfer saga has been very intriguing.

And the talk of a potential move was ratcheted a notch or two at the weekend.

Spanish TV station Punto Pelota claims a secret meeting between Atletico Madrid and Chelsea took place on Sunday to discuss a proposed move for Falcao.

Roman Abramovich is a big fan of Radamel Falcao

The talk of a potential move was ratcheted a notch or two at the weekend
    They suggest that Falcao will go to Chelsea in the summer and that the Blues will pay about £5m more to secure his signature.

Chelsea are also trying to scare off interest for Thibaut Courtois by slapping a £17m price tag on him.

Falcao is third in the La Liga goalscoring charts with 21 goals to his name.

Agree Peteeeed very boring at this stage, outcome of "secret meeting" is he is not coming apparently. They dont seem to see the irony of reporting the "secret meeting" do they? Paper does not refuse ink does it.

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/03/21/now-it-is-claimed-falcao-tells-atletico-he-wont-be-joining-chels/?

You would have thought any striker worth his salt would love to play with Mata, Oscar and Hazard next season

Bit of a bummer for Rubin fans apparently less than 1,000 turned up for the last game there against Levante.

Gokhan Tore tweeting that he is looking forward to the game and coming back to the Bridge.

I'd say they'll manage to get more for this game, we're a bigger draw then Levante, although they could easily just boycott the game as such in defiance to UEFA.

I still doubt between ourselves and Rubin we'll even get 20K inside the Luzhniki and its a huge stadium, with the running track and small numbers this game wont compete with the Steaua game for atmosphere.
    Agree Peteeeed very boring at this stage, outcome of "secret meeting" is he is not coming apparently. They dont seem to see the irony of reporting the "secret meeting" do they? Paper does not refuse ink does it.

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/03/21/now-it-is-claimed-falcao-tells-atletico-he-wont-be-joining-chels/?

You would have thought any striker worth his salt would love to play with Mata, Oscar and Hazard next season

Maybe the club didnt want to be held to ransom over a fee or wages or whatever Atletico may have demanded.

Agreed though, I love the "secret" meeting tags and insider info.

• Advertisement

I'd say they'll manage to get more for this game, we're a bigger draw then Levante, although they could easily just boycott the game as such in defiance to UEFA.

I still doubt between ourselves and Rubin we'll even get 20K inside the Luzhniki and its a huge stadium, with the running track and small numbers this game wont compete with the Steaua game for atmosphere.

Maybe the club didnt want to be held to ransom over a fee or wages or whatever Atletico may have demanded.

Apparently a 13 hour train journey each way but in this case I suppose God bless the Russian winter. I would be very surprised if we dont attract an awful lot more but you would still expect it to be morgue like.

As for Falcao you could well be right there Gav, good player and all that he is I can see us getting a lot of goals with or without him next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

its all garbage, i remember reading a story that oscar would not be joining chelsea then 3 hours later he signed

With Lukaku coming back we dont need to spend huge on another CF.

I'd honestly keep what we have, We'd have Ba, Lukaku Torres, Moses, Feruz.

That's 5 options, signing a Cavani or Falcao would be excellent but with the Mata, Hazard chipping in with goals we'll be ok, we will miss Lamps goals though, he's after getting some big goals for us this and every year for over a decade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Actually on the 13 hour train journey.....f**k me.

That's dedication to any of the Kazan fans that turn up in Moscow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

while happy that its shortened journey for chelsea the flip side of that is having to play on that pitch

podge79 wrote: »
    while happy that its shortened journey for chelsea the flip side of that is having to play on that pitch

It shouldnt really be that much of an issue, we'll get decent time to practice on it and Cobham already has an artifical pitch up to UEFA standard.

It'll be a faster surface and the bounce is slightly different but its nothing the players havent trained on or used reguarly enough and I'm sure the coaching staff will have the players on the pitch the week of the game to get a feel for it.

The temperature will be a factor as it will be in and around freezing when we take to the pitch agaist Kazan.

do ruben kazen play their games on an artificial pitch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Yaya and a striker that scores goals could turn you into a title winning team.
    Of course he'd improve you.
    I'd say the Yaya talk is all agent BS though.

• Advertisement

do ruben kazen play their games on an artificial pitch?
    Phoenix wrote: »
    No grass

No Grass so they do play on an artificial pitch :rolleyes:

Speaking of which anyone here remember the one at Loftus Road many years ago, boy there was some bounce on that pitch. I remember steady Eddie almost scoring from a kick out that landed just a little bit inside the QPR half initially then it took off. Their keeper was scrambling like mad but sadly it just shaved the post.

The one in Moscow seems much better.

JPA wrote: »
    Yaya and a striker that scores goals could turn you into a title winning team.
    Of course he'd improve you.
    I'd say the Yaya talk is all agent BS though.

We have all the elements at the club its putting them together is the thing, of course Yaya and a CF that gets 30 goals a season would be excellent and increase our chances by a bit.
    No Grass so they do play on an artificial pitch :rolleyes:

Speaking of which anyone here remember the one at Loftus Road many years ago, boy there was some bounce on that pitch. I remember steady Eddie almost scoring from a kick out that landed just a little bit inside the QPR half initially then it took off. Their keeper was scrambling like mad but sadly it just shaved the post.

The one in Moscow seems much better.

The one in Moscow is of a certain standard, a UEFA standard, if it doesnt meet the criteria the surface isnt considered fit to host a UEFA match.

Those pitches are light years ahead of anything QPR had, for instance, which was glorified concrete IMO.

all the ruben kazen can stop off in moscow on the way to cyprus to get their money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Oscar has just scored a cracking goal for Brazil, Buffon must hate the sight of him

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Lovely finish

from the metro

Hulk eyes up Chelsea move after growing disillusioned with life at Zenit

Keen to leave: Hulk has grown frustrated with life at Zenit (Picture: AFP0
    Zenit forward Hulk has told Chelsea he could finally join them in the summer after growing disillusioned with life in Russia.

Hulk moved to St Petersburg in September for a fee of £40million after Chelsea had twice failed with bids to land the hitman, but the Brazilian could end up at Stamford Bridge after all.

According to reports in Russia, the 26-year-old has become frustrated with Zenit manager Luciano Spalletti and has requested a transfer at the end of the season.
    Hulk is dodging questions about his desire to leave – but told reporters this week that he is specifically interested in the Premier League.

‘My future? I love the Premier League,’ said Hulk.

‘The Premier League is a great competition with great clubs. If I have time, I watch the matches on television.’

Chelsea are the only club known to hold a serious interest in Hulk, and as they mull over a big-money striker purchase in the summer the comments come at an interesting time.

Radamel Falcao and Wilfried Bony are both also among the Blues’ top targets, but a deal for either is thought to be a way off.

Hulk is expected to cost upwards of £45million.

Chelsea are ready to launch a £22million move for Yaya Toure if the Manchester City midfielder decides to call time on his stay at the Eithad.

However, the Blues will have a fight on their hands to land the Ivory Coast international with a host of Europe’s top clubs, including Real Madrid and PSG, desperate to land the 29-year-old.

Toure is reported to have told his City bosses that he will leave the Premier League champions in the summer unless they offer him a new deal by Saturday.

The midfielder still has two years to run on his current £220,000-a-week deal and would have to buy his way out of his contract if he wished to leave.

Earlier this week Toure’s agent Dimitri Seluk said: ‘If he signs a new contract in the next three or four days then OK. If not we will not wait and longer and will start negotiations with different clubs.

‘Today is Tuesday, so it means by Saturday we will say; “Thank you. OK Yaya will leave in May”.’

‘This is not about the money – it’s for many reasons.

‘He is one of the best players at Manchester City but does not feel the respect of the staff. Only [City boss] Roberto Mancini respects Yaya.’

Chelsea will see Toure, who joined City in a £25m move from Barcelona three years ago, as an idea replacement for Frank Lampard but face stiff competition from Madrid whose boss, Jose Mourinho is said to be a big fan.

Tottenham and Chelsea are ready to test Southampton’s resolve to keep promising left-back Luke Shaw at St Mary’s.

The London rivals are both expected to make bids for the Saints defender, who has been valued at £16.5million, once the season ends.

That’s bad news for Arsenal, who believed they had the inside track on the 17-year-old who has been tipped for the top.

Southampton are under no pressure to sell, especially if they stay in the Premier League, as Shaw only signed a new five-year deal at the start of the year.

New manager Mauricio Pochettino has also been told by chairman Nicola Cortese that potential superstars like Gareth Bale, Theo Walcott and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will no longer be allowed to leave unless it is in the club’s interests.

That won’t stop the London trio from tabling bids and despite having a sound financial footing, Saints could be tempted by player plus cash offerings. It is also plausible that Shaw would be sold and loaned back for the 2013/2014 season to continue his swift rise.

Spurs will point to how Bale has flourished since leaving the south coast for White Hart Lane in a bid to persuade the teenager to join them while Chelsea hope to finally lure the Surrey-born youngster to Stamford Bridge after allowing him to join Southampton from under their noses.

Shaw grew up at Kingston-upon-Thames, just seven miles from the Blues’ training ground at Cobham

I'd love Shaw, he'd be a natural replacement for Cole and giving him some time under Cole before we let Cole go would benefit the young lad.

Didnt he say on Twitter he's a Chelsea fan before Southampton robbed us of 2 points at the Bridge. :(

Not sure about Hulk TBH, I'd say leave him in Russia anyway.

I'd love Shaw, he'd be a natural replacement for Cole and giving him some time under Cole before we let Cole go would benefit the young lad.

Didnt he say on Twitter he's a Chelsea fan before Southampton robbed us of 2 points at the Bridge. :(

Not sure about Hulk TBH, I'd say leave him in Russia anyway.

he's twitter mentions chelsea quite a lot , his whole family are chelsea fans . he really does look the part

It all depends on how much Southampton would look for him TBH, I'd say he'd jump at the chance but then the chance of regular 1st team exposure and games with southampton is better for him currently then sitting on our bench.

Unless we bought in the summer and loaned back to southampton until next year, I know we all hate seeing it but with Cole, Bertrand and PVA we're fairly flush for LB's at the moment and if Southampton stay up the buy and loan back would be brilliant for all invovled IMO.

• Advertisement

Nice article on Lamps
    http://www.football365.com/faves/8581386/F365-Says
    I have a dirty little secret.

I like Frank Lampard. In fact, I like him a lot. Sod it, I'm amongst friends - I love Frank. I'd shout it from the rooftops and wear it on a t-shirt. I'm head-over-heels.

This isn't about Frank as a person. I have never met him and, besides, I think we have all learnt that if we put footballers on pedestals and treat them as idols we will only be disappointed. No, this is a purely professional crush.

As of last weekend, Lampard has scored 200 goals for Chelsea, which you will know about through the media stream that follows every goal he scores. Only three players have scored more Premier League goals than Lampard's 162 (no other midfielder makes the top ten). He is England's 11th top scorer. In addition, only Ryan Giggs has more assists in the Premier League than Lampard (89), a statistic that somewhat disproves the idea that the midfielder is a selfish player.

Most impressive of all is the Lampard's longevity. His goal against Newcastle on February 3rd marked the tenth consecutive season in which he has scored ten or more goals in a league season, unmatched by any current player in Europe's top five leagues. That includes strikers and only Zlatan Ibrahimovic comes close.

Furthermore, Lampard has shown great professionalism in a career that has been remarkably injury-free, despite playing at least 40 games a season for club and country every year since 1997. Whilst Chelsea were campaigning on multiple fronts between 2001-05, Lampard played an astonishing 164 consecutive Premier League appearances - he went over four years without missing a league match.

Such an attitude has drawn immense praise from those within the game, and Jose Mourinho is the biggest proponent of such a view: "He is the best professional I have ever worked with. He's the player that trains better, has more concentration and commitment. He is never happy about his performance, always wants to improve, always wants to learn." And that's coming from a man who's managed Javier Zanetti.

The wider game also rates the midfielder highly. Paul Scholes has often been eulogised in the winter of his career, but Lampard is the only English player nominated for the FIFA World Player of the Year award in the last decade, voted for by captains and coaches of national teams.

Now I'm not expecting you to love him as I do (as if you could), but why is it that Frank is not universally liked? Why is he still viewed as a footballing disappointment, never to be regarded with the same fondness as Scholes or Steven Gerrard despite scoring more goals and contributing more assists for club and country? And why, despite photographic evidence to the contrary, will he consistently be bullied by the nickname 'Fat Frank', a reference to his heavy build when a child. Bloody hell, if we were all judged by our appearance when at school I'd be.....a very lonely virgin.

I don't think it is a question of jealousy of success, because Giggs has won the lot and still receives adoration from the neutral (even considering his alleged misconduct off the field). And I don't think it is because Lampard fails to display 'passion', in our clichéd definition of the word, because he's at least as passionate as Scholes.

One possibility for why football fans dislike Lampard could be his employment by Chelsea, so often the albatross around the neck of many an English player. However, the truth is that Lampard has always received abuse. In his autobiography Frank revealed the treatment he received from his own fans when stretchered off whilst at West Ham: "There wasn't a single time that I left Upton Park after being slagged off or jeered by some of the supporters that I didn't take their anger home with me."

Instead, I believe his negative reception stems from social resentment. Lampard is viewed as middle class, you see. We are told that he went to a private school in Essex, and you hear more about his Latin GCSE A* than his Premier League winner's medal.

Being middle class in football remains one of the game's great stigmas. How can a player possibly care as much as his teammates if he wasn't brought up kicking a ball around a street scene from a Lowry painting? And how can someone hoped to be liked in what we still see as a working-class game if he doesn't share our life experiences? I hope you can detect my over-egging of the pudding (and there will be people left furious by my mentioning of the topic), but the point still stands. In a match-up between Gerrard and Lampard the former will always win because he is the Northern working-class hero, whilst the latter remains an apparent part of the Southern nouveau riche.

Unfortunately, such things are foolish. All footballers have far too much money to be forced into class boundaries - no-one that drives a Bentley but says 'y'know' every third word can be effectively classified. Footballers belong to a class of their own. Instead, we should focus on what matters. Goals matter. Assists matter. And trophies matter.

That's why, despite the air of negativity, Frank Lampard will always be a special player. In a game where English players can be seen as world class at the age of 20, we all need to take a step back to consider a true great. Wanna come join me in Team Frank? I have badges?

The only reason people dont fawn over Lamps as much as Scholes or Gerrard is he plays for Chelsea, had he moved to Liverpool or Utd, two more widely supported teams and he managed to notch up 200 goals then he'd be lauded as one of the greatest ever.

If you're going on stats then nobody can come close to him but people dont see that, I also love the people who break out the qoutes about Scholes and all the pro's wanting his shirt and syaing he's the greatest player they played against....how many times has Scholes robbed the ball off Messi on the half way line and set up a goal at Camp Nou :pac:

Kakuta wants out, the worse part about it is hes telling the truth.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/198769.html
    On-loan winger Gael Kakuta has delivered a scathing assessment of Chelsea's transfer policy, claiming the Blues' squad is simply too big and that he will seek a permanent move away from Stamford Bridge.

"I don't dream about Chelsea any more - I used to, now I know better.

"Chelsea have far too many players. At my age I need to play regularly but if I go back I'll just get 10 minutes a month and I don't want that."

Cappello denying anything linking himself with us.
    "I know nothing about this [link to Chelsea]. I am really happy with Russia and focused to qualify for the World Cup," he said.

Cappello denying anything linking himself with us.

so he's signing when? June 1st?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

Bartyman wrote: »

I would but I'd have to bring the missus and letting her roam around JT's house could lead to problems. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I reckon Shaw will stay at Southampton for the time being - especially if they stay up this season. They are not short of a bob or two and don't need to sell and they can guarantee him first team football.

greendom wrote: »
    I reckon Shaw will stay at Southampton for the time being - especially if they stay up this season. They are not short of a bob or two and don't need to sell and they can guarantee him first team football.

Its better for his career anyway to stay put and play games, unless as I said we buy him and loan him back to Southampton, Cole only signed a 1 year extension bringing him up to next summer but then thats negated by the fact Southampton wont want to sell and they could well be in the EPL next season anyway.

I'd like to see him join us but wouldnt mnd if he played a few more seasons with Southampton to get more game time then we can currently offer him as hes not really a drastic improvement over PVA or Bertrand, given time he may become better then both but at the moment he'd be wasted with us.

• Advertisement

Kakuta wants out, the worse part about it is hes telling the truth.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/198769.html

Cant remember him evermaking an appearance in first team to be honest... hows he doing out on loan?

Cant remember him evermaking an appearance in first team to be honest... hows he doing out on loan?

He made a good few appearences under Ancellotti in the EPL, UCL and both domestic cups.

I've no idea how hes doing on loan but with the talent we have to play attacking midfield he'd be a bench warmer at best, probably about 5th or 6th chocie behind Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Moses, DeBruyne as it stands currently.

had forgotten about DeBruyne... chelsea have spent a ridiculous sum of money on young players

We sure have, but their exposure to 1st team football coupled with some of the curernt 1st team loking surplus to requirements could mean a few of them get a game next season and we;ll have a very young, dynamic squad to play with.

The way I see it we have,

Cech/Blackman/Courtois

Ivan/Azp/Wallace
    Cahill/Luiz/Bruma
    JT/Ivan/Ake/Chaloblah
    Cole/Bertrand/PVA

Mikel/Essien/Lamps
    Romeu/Josh Mac

Hazard/Mata/Oscar
    DeBruyne/Moses/Marin
    Piazon/

Ba/Lukaku/Torres/Feruz

They could all feature next season in one way or another.

We sure have, but their exposure to 1st team football coupled with some of the curernt 1st team loking surplus to requirements could mean a few of them get a game next season and we;ll have a very young, dynamic squad to play with.

Cech/Blackman/Courtois

Ivan/Azp/Wallace
    Cahill/Luiz/Bruma
    JT/Ivan/Ake/Chaloblah
    Cole/Bertrand/PVA

Mikel/Essien/Lamps
    Romeu/Josh Mac

Hazard/Mata/Oscar
    DeBruyne/Moses/Marin
    Piazon/

Ba/Lukaku/Torres/Feruz

True.. - I'm presuming that the contracts of yossi, malouda, ferriera and hilario are all up in summer? turnbull? not that i think he's good enough on what hes shown

You can see where Kakuta is coming from we have 23 players on loan on top of those remaining at various levels at Stamford Bridge. Now if we could run a second team as they do in Spain and Germany this would certainly be less of a problem, but we can't so it is.

Not every youngster signed will make it so we do have to have something of a scatter gun approach to this really. From what I understand Kakuta started the loan in Holland poorly but he has got some pretty good reviews of late and has played a fair bit for a team sitting prettier in the league than we are.

That being said will be surprised if we ever see him in a Chelsea shirt again.

• Advertisement

You can see where Kakuta is coming from we have 23 players on loan on top of those remaining at various levels at Stamford Bridge. Now if we could run a second team as they do in Spain and Germany this would certainly be less of a problem, but we can't so it is.

Not every youngster signed will make it so we do have to have something of a scatter gun approach to this really. From what I understand Kakuta started the loan in Holland poorly but he has got some pretty good reviews of late and has played a fair bit for a team sitting prettier in the league than we are.

That being said will be surprised if we ever see him in a Chelsea shirt again.
    its a real pity that the Spanish system of B teams is not adopted in england. the u21 league has been an improvement but its not the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Bruma will be gone in the summer but we should be rtaining the services of Kalas.

One or two more youth players will be moved on, but your strenght in youth players is awsome!

Ya can add West Ham to the teams with bigger grounds then us now as well.

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/west-ham-named-stadium-tenants-29148091.html

We really need to move or expand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Cech/Blackman/Courtois

Ivan/Azp/Wallace
    Cahill/Luiz/Bruma
    JT/Ivan/Ake/Chaloblah
    Cole/Bertrand/PVA

Mikel/Essien/Lamps
    Romeu/Josh Mac

Hazard/Mata/Oscar
    DeBruyne/Moses/Marin
    Piazon/

Ba/Lukaku/Torres/Feruz

I don't think we are necessarily going to get rid of Ramires either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Ya can add West Ham to the teams with bigger grounds then us now as well.

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/west-ham-named-stadium-tenants-29148091.html

We really need to move or expand.

I don't see why West Ham playing in a half empty stadium should make the search any more urgent. I doubt Chelsea would have been able to fill an extra 10,000 seats (or however many seats there would be in a new ground) this season. I've said it before I have never had as many emails, telling me seats are on general sale, as this season.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement